• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Good first night of S69 in Flagstaff. We beat a mehhh Yakima team by 22, which is what we should do to them. Angelo Pedigo started the DeACCon Invitational off right with 17 points on 7-9 shooting with 4 assist to go with it. Defense played great holding them to just 20-49 shooting. IF I can get defense anywhere close to that i'll have a very succesfull season. Paul Livingston was sub-par at PF, he'll need to pick it up for me as the season progresses.

Had a really fun set of 4 scrimmages I also ran, two against my bro in Odessa, one against his conference Juggurnaunt in Fort Worth, and one against Carbondale.

Flagstaff went 3-1 out of that group, with the one loss coming to Carbondale in a game in which defense was truly optional. Flagstaff 104 Carbondale 113. Both teams ran fast tempo's and the shoots were raining. Both teams shot over 80 times and 10 total players scored in double figures. Don't think i'll be running a upbeat tempo many more times haha.

In the other two games I took down Odessa 86-68 and 101-78 while I beat Fortworth 84-83. Learned quite a bit about my team hopefully and think i've identified what should be our best lineup.

Oh and just a parting word, Angelo Pedigo is coming for you (especially you awaken):

38/59 for ~65% from the field :eek:

Flagstaff went 3-1 out of that group, with the one loss coming to Carbondale in a game in which defense was truly optional. Flagstaff 104 Carbondale 113. Both teams ran fast tempo's and the shoots were raining. Both teams shot over 80 times and 10 total players scored in double figures. Don't think i'll be running a upbeat tempo many more times

There were some weird substitutions in the game, too. Almost like the game engine couldn't keep up with us. Good game. Combined with my one point win over Pittsburgh, I now know my freshman PG is not capable of starting. Good luck the rest of the season, Stealers.

Solid 77-78 loss to Stormfury. I'd be interested to know the quality of Storm's lineup. Mine was a ragtag test lineup with 5 players in new positions. Starting PG Brim was NA. I started 6-3 Fr Mark Treadwell at PG and he had a solid 7 pts, 5 ast, 4 reb, 1 blk. Most importantly, he helped hold Mo Poisson to 12 pts on 4-12 shooting. Soph Anthony Swain made a nice case for time at PG with 7 pts on 3-4 fg and 2 ast in 14 min at bPG.

Jr Fritz Curran made his debut at SG after backing up Ernest Morin for 2 seasons. He had a strong 16 pts on 6-12 shooting with 3 ast and 3 blks. Helped hold Fr Jake Evans to 0 pts. He actually played 33 min on Norm/Norm as well. This may actually be a problem because I want Konrad Garrett to get way more minutes off the bench as my most reliable scorer. It does mean that I could effectively hide Treadwell or Swain at bSG if necessary.

I played PF/C Warren Donnelly at SF only because the CPU had him there. His GFFEFF ratings scream bPF, but he had 11 pts on 5-8 fg. Soph Arthur Vanmeter had a nice 6 pts on 3-4 fg in 10 min.

My only led down was Fr Christopher Alcazar with only 2 pts on 1-6 fg. I won't be relying on him much and he's a NA candidate so if he doesn't show much in exhibitions and scrimmages, I have no problem with him sitting.

Aside from 2 players I had a strong offensive outing and a strong defensive outing. The big problem was turnovers. We had 13 turnovers, 11 from starters aside from the PG. That led to Storm getting 11 more shot attempts.

Well, the Evansville ScrimFest started tonight. I think we ran 30 of our 200 planned games. The next 105 games are scheduled for Wednesday, with the final 75 games to come on Friday. Hopefully, that will give us enough information to narrow things down for next week and run a more focused final set of scrimmages.

There were some weird substitutions in the game, too. Almost like the game engine couldn't keep up with us. Good game. Combined with my one point win over Pittsburgh, I now know my freshman PG is not capable of starting. Good luck the rest of the season, Stealers.

Thanks. I saw my final score first and thought I had it won. Glad I held my own against your solid team. Good luck in the future.

Week 1 of recruiting lasts this week and next week correct? So I don't have to spend my RPs until a week from Friday?

Def got to work on some lineups. It is looking like Sosa is much more ready than Frierson, so I will probably be starting 3 freshmen from here on out with a sophomore Foreman and senior Ruis. Idk why but I got to get Ruis much more shots up, he isn't shooting enough even with a 9 shot.

I don't usually do this, but I'm going to go ahead and claim a max.

C20 Pueblo 6-2 Kent Broadwater Exc+ Local Good Scout Exc - Fair Good - Good - Exc + 4/65. No reason this guy shouldn't come out EFGGEE.

Any thoughts from anyone about a E+ local pref 2 regions away? If anyone has hard data on that, I'd be muy appreciative.

Also wondering how bad an idea it would be to pursue a G+ win guy at this point in my program.

Any thoughts from anyone about a E+ local pref 2 regions away? If anyone has hard data on that, I'd be muy appreciative.

E+ is really difficult to pry away from his home region, huge gap between E+ and anything else. Really just depends on who else is recruiting him though.

G+ win just depends. It's all relative to who you are recruiting against. You will get a bump for improving your PR 3 years in a row so it will drop your farthest away PR but you would still be fighting a huge uphill battle against teams like myself, awaken, storm, ph, and several other deacon coaches, not to mention the other really consistent programs around L7.

Solid 77-78 loss to Stormfury. I'd be interested to know the quality of Storm's lineup.

Aside from 2 players I had a strong offensive outing and a strong defensive outing. The big problem was turnovers. We had 13 turnovers, 11 from starters aside from the PG. That led to Storm getting 11 more shot attempts.

Ph, what exactly do you mean by Quality? Are you wanting the total +/-? (+30 starters) attribute specifics? (Starters 6 Shot, 6 Defense, 6 Hands, 5 Reb, 4 Int, 4 Ath) Something else? I don't mind sharing, just not sure what your asking.

My lineup was a combination of last years starters with 2 FR added into the mix. I had all of my guys set to 5/5 for shooting preferences which isn't the norm. I wanted to see what they did without my normal tinkering. I also tried out Man 2 Man instead of Zone defense.

E+ is really difficult to pry away from his home region, huge gap between E+ and anything else. Really just depends on who else is recruiting him though.

I shy away from E local guys 2 zones away. For me, if a player is E local, they have to be in 12,13,14 or I'm avoiding.

Now that's not to say I won't net a guy who is E local elsewhere just to see how the cards fall. You never know when a guy gets overlooked.

Got an ugly win against Odessa. Ugly bc my freshmen shot a collective 5/18 FG. What is odd about these freshmen is that Sylvester Lopez was the highest scorer in HS among them (19 ppg), but he is only a Fair shot. Volume scorer? He only took 2 shots in the exhibition. hmmm.... Elmer Custis and Jared Eveland took up the scoring slack in the backcourt. I'll be tinkering with lineups for a while with this crew.

Got an ugly win against Odessa. Ugly bc my freshmen shot a collective 5/18 FG. What is odd about these freshmen is that Sylvester Lopez was the highest scorer in HS among them (19 ppg), but he is only a Fair shot. Volume scorer? He only took 2 shots in the exhibition. hmmm.... Elmer Custis and Jared Eveland took up the scoring slack in the backcourt. I'll be tinkering with lineups for a while with this crew.

Jake Evans is an E shooter and scored 22.8 per game in HS, however he is 2 for 15 from the field.13%!!!

I'm going to go back to last year's lineup with Gonzo at SF I think. The team should be pretty good and my 3 freshmen can gain xp off the bench.

After the ugly Odessa game, I was braced for the worst vs Boca. I was stunned to find that Frankfort won 99-89 due to Jared Eveland's 39 Pts (14/20, 4/4, 7/7). Team 9/10 3FG. Yeah, like I can count on that every game.... btw, nice Wake Forest impression there, Boca.

The freshmen shot a collective 10/21, but they are not yet ready for primetime. Picked up last scrimmage from Ph, and will test a real starting lineup.

This recruiting class seems reasonable deep for guards. Don't see a lot of elite talent though.

Lost in Double OT to Waraks team - I had a chance and led by 7-9 points for a good section of the 2nd half only to blow it down the stretch. If I could have hit a 3 all night (2/15, my star player who shot 52% from 3 last year was 1/7) I could have won. Good game Warak, your team has some ballers.

Freshman PF Ross Rae (who I was debating about demoting) throws up a huge night, going for 30 points, 9 boards and 3 assists on 13/23 shooting.

Freshman C Joel Cawley (GFFGGF) puts up 12 points, 7 boards, 4 assists and 3 blocks on a pretty steady night.

Next up is a likely drubbing from Carbondale.

Ran my second third of scrimmages last night. 75 more to go, scheduled for Friday. So far, some candidates have definitely emerged. I think I have a good idea of my first couple of maxes.

The team is definitely better than last year, but still frustrating. Lawson and Bueno can put up a lot of points together. Beyond that, who knows.

Next up is a likely drubbing from Carbondale.

I'm not so sure. Rae looks like a terror, so we're definitely going to try to gameplan for him. It also takes me forever to figure out my best lineup, so if I whiff on that, I fully expect you to be in a position to take advantage.

What I do know is that for the first time in many seasons, we should always have a bench with at least three, maybe four, guys that can score and handle the ball. This is much better than having 5 guys that ought to be N/As collecting minutes.

Back