• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Pueblo was my bitter league rival for several seasons. The rivalry came to a head when Pueblo upset me in the NTT Championship game as a double digit seed after my team didn't score a point in the last 5 minutes to give up a decent lead.

Then either the coach lost interest and/or went to computer control and they've been pretty mediocre ever since. I doubt Caceres is really a PG. Looks much more like a SF to me.

Ran my first set up scrimmages and found some real gems. I desperately need a scorer and I'll probably max one. Some sleeper bigs may be too good to pass up.

going to be another long season!

going down the road to Music City Bowl on Friday...maybe see some of you there.

Things aren't looking terrible for my team so far. I haven't played great competition yet, but my freshman PG seems to be ready to go and everyone else is playing their role nicely. I'm playing uptempo this season to help downplay my defensive weaknesses. I'll probably finish up my recruiting before tomorrow's games, but I'm really staying pretty local this season. I'm scouring the talent pools from region 3-9, but I'm pretty happy with what I'm seeing considering who I think I can actually bring in.

In a side note, apparently I'm playing smidger and his Dallas HP Panthers on Friday. Did anyone else know he was in the game?

Man this year's recruits is horrible for Boca. Based on my needs (bigs) and what's available (win pref/local) over 6'7" the pickings are slim. To the tune of a total of 34 possible candidates. :( Doesn't help either that all the C13 talent (Gulf Shores...) want to leave the area.

I cannot say I am super excited about any maxes but I will be maxing the following:
Charles Lomonaco 31
Sang Vinci 16

Not sure if I will max 2 more or just 1 more but will determine before Friday.

Sticking with Broadwater as a max even though his numbers aren't that strong. I like the players I've scrimmaged. Just not sure how many ties I want to get into.

Back to losing to Flagstaff every year, after taking a one year hiatus. Angelo Pedigo made me regret yet again not putting priority points on him during his recruitment. He was PoG and busted up Jared Eveland, PG the cpu chose instead of him, for 22 pts and 5 assists. Flagstaff's calling card is stifling defense, and they held Frankfort to 44% shooting from our starters and bench.

Good game, tau, and good luck this season.

Dont know what it is about my guys playing your squad awaken but it certainly brings out the best of them. Especially Pedigo. Looks like this could be an atypical season in Flagstaff as we will be lead by our guard play. Surprised and excited to see how well freshman SF Steve Malone played as well as disappointed to see how +6 Livingston played. My bigs need to step it up, especially a top 5 recruit and upperclassmen in Naquin. Thanks for the game as always awaken im sure you will get things back on track quickly.

Havent even looked at recruiting yet but will do so tomorrow after i get gome from the Belk Bowl.

Heading out of town for a week, so I had to get in my recruiting early without the benefit of scrimmages. With any computer time, I may be able to submit changes, but here are our maxes:

Brad Downing(r18)
Ricardo Fleck(r18)
Charles Montgomery(r22)

I'll be in Nashville for the Music City Bowl, so maybe I'll see some of you reprobates there.

Merry Christmas!

Got a nice win over a former Deactivate squad in Branson. Their bC is a once max target Theodore Via. He's been riding pine for two seasons. Nice choice there, Teddy. Next up is a Eugene team that is always a struggle for us.

As for recruiting, it looks like a thin group of elites but a very heathy swath of +3 or +4 types. We're losing two N/As this season, so we can afford to go for broke.

Storm System Ratings

Here's a brief breakdown from my system for S69 Recruits:

Top 20 Player breakdown:
Highest: 18.08
Lowest: 13.82

Equal to or better than:
15.00 ranking: 6 players
10.00 ranking: 124 players
7.00 ranking: 292 players

After exhaustive research, thorough analysis of every angle, extensive vetting of all candidates, and several intense coin flips, I've decided on two of my maxes. Fargo is 95% sure it will be maxing: Jim Gardner r 21 and Ronnie Campos r 14.

Any estimates, approximations or wild guesses on how large of ties I might be looking at with either of them would be very helpful in determining my third max (or whether to max a 3rd at all), as I'm not really sure if I'm looking at potential clears or potential lotteries with these two.

Gardner is a great choice. He's Exc- local so you have an excellent shot to win even a large tie like I did with Ruffin (9/9). He'll definitely be a large tie. I'd guess anywhere from 3/3 to 8/8. His low Poor Scouted ratings and horrible GPA/Exam may scare some people off. His height may scare people off as well since others in your conference may assume he'll be a big tie.

I'd guess Campos is a 2/2, maybe as high as 3/3. Gardner looks like a 4/4 or 5/5 type of guy.

Thanks for the quick responses, I guess that's fairly close to what I was expecting. Looks like I'll be looking on the safe side w/ my third max. I suppose I was hoping not to get into any really big ties but if I have to, I'll take my shot on the local 7'3 guy.

In preparation for the chance that I do break this probably large, hypothetical tie several months from now, I am going to spend this season coming up with Bryant "Big Country" Reeves style nicknames for him. Current leader: Jim "Big Slug" Gardner. Because of the Gardner/garden thing, and also, he's not very bright.

I have Gardner as my 8th best player and predicted #58 in Top 75, both based on his probable Exc hands which I overrate in my personal rankings (to make PG's and C's in the same range, then C's with hands get overrated). I think his prefs will attract attention, but his scout may not. His defensive numbers are light, which helps recruitment and may hurts performance (?). 58th is about a 2/2 or 3/3 tie. This is the kind of guy you scrimmage and hope to see something that is not showing in his HS Stats.

Ronnie Campos is my 51st best player, and predicted top 75 #63. His prefs are not inviting to human coaches, so the company you'll get on him will be coaches recruiting against prefs. If he weren't such a scorer, he could be a clear lead; but you'll get 2/2 on him.

Players such as Ronnie Campos reminds me of another nice thing about posting maxes - you can pare down your net (RC is just > netter).

Campos was going to be in my net. I have quite a bit of scrimmage data on him if you want it.

Awaken, the additional insight is much appreciated. The rankings, even if they're biased, are still great to get a general sense of where I can expect all the guys I'm recruiting to measure up and to see where my own biases might be coming in.

I'm curious what you meant by his prefs not being inviting to human coaches; to a certain extent that's why I like RC, as I assume most of y'all on here and the other successful coaches are going to be aiming for high Win in your maxes and I obviously was trying to avoid high Local in r 14 (coupled with his good but not great profile it seemed like a solid way to find value). Is that all you were referring to or is there a part of it I'm missing?

RedSoxFaithful, any data you have would be great if you get a chance, and I appreciate you at least bending your Belichikian vow of silence.

Campos is going to be a solid scorer - was also going to be in my net.

Can I get a ruling on a guy 1 region away from me with Poor+ local preference? Is that too low to hope to actually compete for him?

The player is Booker Bibby, reg 15, 6'6" SG, G+F-F+FG+ - scrimmages well at both guard positions and SF. Can score and has a low TO rate - would like him to take over for my leading scorer next year.

I'd say you will be fighting an uphill battle there. Plus local is the strongest pref so it's not good to go against that. Need to be 3 regions away to really feel okay going for a guy who is anywhere in the poor range.

I'd say you will be fighting an uphill battle there. Plus local is the strongest pref so it's not good to go against that. Need to be 3 regions away to really feel okay going for a guy who is anywhere in the poor range.

Crap, well someone else should look at him then - going to be a stud. He can score, puts up decent rebounds for a Fair, low turnovers, can shoot the 3 - played him at PF too and he looked pretty good there.

I'm certainly open with my scrimmage data. I ran about 200 scrimmages this year, so there's plenty of it, and I'm not interested in maxing Campos, anyway. Anyway, I tried him out at both PG and SG. I wasn't working him heavily, so I only have 30 games at each spot for him. But, they were in 10 game segments, so I'm pretty sure he should've faced a few different defenders.

Code:
Name	        POS	Mins	FG%	FG3%	FT%	REB/30	AST/30	BLK/30	STL/30	TO/30	PF/30	PTS/30
RONNIE CAMPOS	 PG	31.2	0.491	0.379	0.845	2.6	3.3	0.3	0.8	1.5	2.9	11.8
RONNIE CAMPOS	 SG	31.3	0.453	0.333	0.773	3.1	2.3	0.3	0.7	0.9	3.1	12.2

There you go. I don't expect him to come in as more than a G shooter... I don't really think and of his ratings will bump up, actually. He's probably a "what you see is what you get" type. I think his hands might actually drop down, but that's more a hunch than anything else. He looks like a +4/+5 type that is a natural fit at SG ratings-wise, but he seems to be a better stat fit at PG.

Back