• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

I'm certainly open with my scrimmage data. I ran about 200 scrimmages this year, so there's plenty of it, and I'm not interested in maxing Campos, anyway. Anyway, I tried him out at both PG and SG. I wasn't working him heavily, so I only have 30 games at each spot for him. But, they were in 10 game segments, so I'm pretty sure he should've faced a few different defenders.

Code:
Name	        POS	Mins	FG%	FG3%	FT%	REB/30	AST/30	BLK/30	STL/30	TO/30	PF/30	PTS/30
RONNIE CAMPOS	 PG	31.2	0.491	0.379	0.845	2.6	3.3	0.3	0.8	1.5	2.9	11.8
RONNIE CAMPOS	 SG	31.3	0.453	0.333	0.773	3.1	2.3	0.3	0.7	0.9	3.1	12.2

There you go. I don't expect him to come in as more than a G shooter... I don't really think and of his ratings will bump up, actually. He's probably a "what you see is what you get" type. I think his hands might actually drop down, but that's more a hunch than anything else. He looks like a +4/+5 type that is a natural fit at SG ratings-wise, but he seems to be a better stat fit at PG.

Hmm - I had him scrimmaging against a F+ defender at SG and at a per 36 minute clip, was averaging 29 points. At SF, had him scrimmaging against another F+ defender, and he was 18 points, but also 6 boards and only 1 TO.

Got my maxes - I am losing my starting SG and my bSG and bSF this year, so I am looking for 3 combo guards:

Jerry Noah, region 15, 6'4", E-G+FE-F+ - F+ local, None+ win
Nat Langford, region 15, 6'4", G+FG-E-F+, G- local, Fair win
Ramon Hancock. region 15, 6'8", G+G+FG-G-, E+ local, None- win

If anyone has anything on these guys, please do let me know.

Got my maxes - I am losing my starting SG and my bSG and bSF this year, so I am looking for 3 combo guards:

Jerry Noah, region 15, 6'4", E-G+FE-F+ - F+ local, None+ win
Nat Langford, region 15, 6'4", G+FG-E-F+, G- local, Fair win
Ramon Hancock. region 15, 6'8", G+G+FG-G-, E+ local, None- win

If anyone has anything on these guys, please do let me know.

i should have some stats for you tomorrow, as i am from R15 and looking at all of these guys...and Campos

I have numbers on Noah. I should note that all of these have been per-30 minutes. DaDeacs, I'll check into the defenders guarding Campos later tonight. (I'll probably PM you the names.)

Here's Noah's numbers. Once again, 30 games each at PG and SG. Wasn't heavily scouting him, but he was going to be a netter.

Code:
Name	        POS	Mins	FG%	FG3%	FT%	REB/30	AST/30	BLK/30	STL/30	TO/30	PF/30	PTS/30
JERRY NOAH	PG	30.3	0.545	0.407	0.806	3.1	1.8	0.4	0.7	3.3	2.7	15.0
JERRY NOAH	SG	31.7	0.510	0.420	0.876	4.4	1.1	0.3	1.3	2.3	2.2	17.5

Obviously, since he's E scouted, these numbers aren't going to help deconstruct the ratings, but it does show that in this particular case, the ratings aren't lying. Looks to be an elite scorer and rebounder, and a solid-average defender. Hands are meh. Performed notably better at SG than at PG.

I have numbers on Noah. I should note that all of these have been per-30 minutes. DaDeacs, I'll check into the defenders guarding Campos later tonight. (I'll probably PM you the names.)

Here's Noah's numbers. Once again, 30 games each at PG and SG. Wasn't heavily scouting him, but he was going to be a netter.

Code:
JERRY NOAH	PG	30.3	0.545	0.407	0.806	3.1	1.8	0.4	0.7	3.3	2.7	15.0
JERRY NOAH	SG	31.7	0.510	0.420	0.876	4.4	1.1	0.3	1.3	2.3	2.2	17.5

Obviously, since he's E scouted, these numbers aren't going to help deconstruct the ratings, but it does show that in this particular case, the ratings aren't lying. Looks to be an elite scorer and rebounder, and a solid-average defender. Hands are meh. Performed notably better at SG than at PG.

Thats what I got too. He actually did quite well at SF too - I dont have a huge selection of games for him there (10), but he put up 21/5 in a per 30 average.

RedSox, thanks for the info. Not quite as good numbers as I was hoping for, but regardless he would be a major talent upgrade in my backcourt.

Not really sure what i'm looking for in my maxes yet, probably 2 bigs, a swing guy and a PG. So far i've decided to max:

Sean Zambrano of region 1 and Kevin Halton. Forgot what region Halton is in but he looks like a great SG prospect. Zambrano is great looking combo forward prospect. Great INT as well which is always a plus. Look to be several 7 footers that are in my wheel house that i'm looking out. Maybe it's just me but looks like regions 8 through about 18 have a ton of talent in them. Some wants to stay home, some wants to head off on their own. Looks to be a better class recruiting wise for me this season.

There is a guy in Region 16, Sang Vinci, who is 7'1". I don't need a big, but if anyone is looking for a defensive guy that can grab rebounds - this is your dude. He won't score much, but is a monster on the boards. Put up 8.5/11.5 in a per 30 over the 25 games I ran him at C, 3 assists and 2.5 blocks, 0.5 TOs.

He is a None+ local, so anyone way far away from 16 should have a good shot (also EXC- win).

A lot of people are going to be looking for Sang Vinci.

A lot of people are going to be looking for Sang Vinci.

I figured - I would definitely think that G- scoring will drop to Fair at best.

I ran him in a few games at SF, there was a small uptick in points, a little over a point per game, but he dropped by 2 boards and 0.5 blocks.

Having just gotten Ruffin (21/9 in his first game), I'm not sure if I should target a big or not. There are several I like so it would be a waste not to get a good one. On the other hand, not getting a scorer at the 1, 2, or 3 would be a huge miss.

Yea swem to be a lot of options that can score the ball this year. Has anyone niticed if players with a high impact seem to "pout" if you bring in another guy at their position? Ph's post just made me think about that, no evidence to back that up

I need to do a better job of looking for pouters. I played 6-9 Jr at PF/C for two years. The CPU put him at SF so I decided to try him out there and he's played pretty well. He's Fair+ Impact, so there may have been some mild pouting.

I still don't know what's up with Monroe Brim. Dude kills it in his first few starts and has been mediocre since.

I'm wishing I wasn't in a position where I had to put in my recruiting before running some scrimmages. I definitely would've made some different elections. Oh well.

Carbondale moved to 5-0 in the DeACCon Invitational with a predictably ugly win over Eugene. Boyd Cason was held to 10 points and PG Duhon played only 16 minutes being saddled with foul trouble. Dearborn is next and, no doubt, hungry for a win. Hopefully, we're up to the challenge.

My friend at work thinks Monroe Brim gets tired easily. Try to rest him a game, then limit his minutes when he returns - More/Less if he starts, or use him as a bPG. Then practice Stamina.

What were MB's minutes in HS scrimmages?

Pittsburgh got their first win in the DeACCon challenge w/ an 88-77 win over Odessa. Matthew Rapp put in 29 points. He's looking to be the C3 player of the year.

I've determined all my maxes. All of them are guards. I lose three starters this year (PG, SG, SF) including Rapp. Next year could be a little rough.

What have people found is the best set up in terms of D/practice/shot/tempo for a team that litterally has no one above a fair athleticism? I can't land an athlete to save my life, trying to figure out what can make my team look the strongest, be consistent

Not really sure what i'm looking for in my maxes yet, probably 2 bigs, a swing guy and a PG. So far i've decided to max:

Sean Zambrano of region 1 and Kevin Halton. Forgot what region Halton is in but he looks like a great SG prospect. Zambrano is great looking combo forward prospect. Great INT as well which is always a plus. Look to be several 7 footers that are in my wheel house that i'm looking out. Maybe it's just me but looks like regions 8 through about 18 have a ton of talent in them. Some wants to stay home, some wants to head off on their own. Looks to be a better class recruiting wise for me this season.
You have no idea how badly I want to destroy you right now.

My first and most highly prioritized max is (and has been, unfortunately) Sean Zambrano.

I'm trying to work out a different strategy this season... there was a lot of talent I liked. I was planning on maxing Kevin Hatton (R10) and Gabriel Mueller (R5), but they both would have been against prefs, and with the news that Flagstaff is on Hatton, I didn't want that risk. Tau, good luck with Hatton-- he was my top ranked recruit this year, and backed it up in scrimmages. I don't expect his shooting to bump up, but I have a hunch that his defense and hands will... He could/should be +7, with the potential for +8 if rebounding or athleticism bump.

Back