• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

I've got two maxes figured out. The others will come soon.

6-3 Timmy Hansen R16
6-2 Kent Broadwater R20

My first and most highly prioritized max is (and has been, unfortunately) Sean Zambrano.

I'm trying to work out a different strategy this season... there was a lot of talent I liked. I was planning on maxing Kevin Hatton (R10) and Gabriel Mueller (R5), but they both would have been against prefs, and with the news that Flagstaff is on Hatton, I didn't want that risk. Tau, good luck with Hatton-- he was my top ranked recruit this year, and backed it up in scrimmages. I don't expect his shooting to bump up, but I have a hunch that his defense and hands will... He could/should be +7, with the potential for +8 if rebounding or athleticism bump.

Ouch sorry Redsox, crazy that with 768 players we planned on maxing two of the same. I'm going through the rest of my possible max guys right now and I also really like Francis Kaiser from R13. Will need scoring with the departure of Angelo Pedigo and he would be a perfect player for that. I'm sure he will be highly recruited though, so I'm not 100% on him yet. Need to find a few less recruited guys.

Two bigs i'm targeting are Nick Weaver R32 and Howard Stark R1. Like Weaver but wish he was a few inches taller.

Last edited:
Flagstaff 94
Boca 103

Great game tonight between two really solid teams, 40 minutes wasn't enough as the fans got to see 5 minutes of extra time. Whatever happened to the Flagstaff defense of Monday night I hope that it returns soon as Boca lit us up to the tune of 42 of 73 shooting. Mo Poisson went for 27, Erin Atkins for 25, and Leon Cochran for 21. Angelo Pedigo did his best to keep us in it, going for 30 but he fouled out about a minute into OT and it went downhill from there. Flagstaff had chances to seal the game in regulation but missed the front end of 2 seperate 1 and 1 situations, one by Pedigo and the other by Malone. Got out-rebounded pretty badly as well, 2 6'10ish guys with EXC rebounding need to get it together down low. Rene Naquin did play well offensively, scoring 21 on 8 of 14 shooting.

Good game as always storm, hope to meet up again deep in the NTT :thumbsup:

Fargo moved to 2-0 with an 87-55 win over an obviously very poor Daytona team. Fr pg Roger Murdoch had 23 on 11 of 12 shooting from the floor. I'm glad to get two wins going into the drubbing from Youngstown we'll get tomorrow.

Recruiting wise, barring anyone posting a max on one of my netters, I'm pretty much done and I'm sticking with just Gardner and Campos as my maxes. Still not being entirely sure what to expect in terms of who would be maxed, and with Gardner being potentially a large tie, I figured building a wide net and hoarding some points would be the safest strategy to ensure that I get the three warm bodies my team needs.

Hill didn't do much in my scrimmages, but looking at the numbers again they were misleading because he was going up against an elite defender. I've got to be careful about that. If I hadn't already stated a claim on Broadwater, I would have been discouraged by his 11/3 at SG without noticing that it was against an Exc defender. He had 18/3 with great percentages against a Fair defender.

Hill didn't do much in my scrimmages, but looking at the numbers again they were misleading because he was going up against an elite defender. I've got to be careful about that. If I hadn't already stated a claim on Broadwater, I would have been discouraged by his 11/3 at SG without noticing that it was against an Exc defender. He had 18/3 with great percentages against a Fair defender.
Yeah, that's why I tried to mix up matchups this time. Even still, I'm wondering if I'd need to run ~30 scrimmages against each defender level to get accurate depictions. I need to think about a more efficient process for S70.

My friend at work thinks Monroe Brim gets tired easily. Try to rest him a game, then limit his minutes when he returns - More/Less if he starts, or use him as a bPG. Then practice Stamina.

What were MB's minutes in HS scrimmages?

Averaged 31 in HS, 32 in HS scrimmages. Played 30, 29, and 35 in his 3 straight 10 assist games.

Had 8 asts in a 5 point loss to Philly, his most since Game 12 last season.

Encouraging loss.

Two bigs i'm targeting are Nick Weaver R32 and Howard Stark R1. Like Weaver but wish he was a few inches taller.

I've confirmed I will be maxing both Weaver and Stark. Probably should go with another scoring guard but i'm hoping I can find one in the net if need be.

The bigs in this class are too good not to max at least 2. The ones I've scrimmaged look like reasonable ties as well.

What im hoping is the large amount of 7 footers who are pretty open eill draw a lot if attention. That and the fact im staying local and/or well within my prefs gives me a great chance to avoid a class like last season. I may be lacking offense next season with the absence of Pedigo.

Here's what I got for Hill... The man can shoot. I got him for 30 games at SF. Per-30 numbers:
Code:
Name	         POS	 Mins	 FG%	 FG3%	FT%	REB/30	AST/30	BLK/30	STL/30	TO/30	PF/30	PTS/30
 MARIO HILL 	 SF 	 29.3 	 0.518 	 0.524 	 0.770 	 4.5 	 1.9 	 1.2 	 0.6 	 1.5 	 2.5 	 12.7

I see him coming in at EGGGPG. Only real blemish should be Int.

Far cry from the 8.9 pts, 4.5 reb, .395 fg, .143 3pt at SF in my scrimmages. He did much better at bSF. I'll just keep to myself the player who shut him down. I'm sure he'll be a high max anyway.

Well, 20 of the games Hill played in my scrims were against a G scouted G defender. The other 10 were against an F- scouted G defender. So, the player who held him down in your scrims had to have been elite. I'm interested in who it was.

I'll tell you once I determine if I'm going to max him or not. He's my #9 player and definite Top 75, but possible worth the risk. I may go after two tweeners for my next two maxes just in case my current bigs play to potential, I'll still need a big SF.

Duluth maxes:
6-3 Timmy Hansen R16
6-2 Kent Broadwater R20
6-9 Bernard Walters R12
6-9 Devin Cook R10

I have Gardner as my 8th best player and predicted #58 in Top 75.

I've got him # 6 best player in my system. I'm so far behind due to the holidays! Catching up on the thread and recruits now. :)

Back