• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Flagstaff 94
Boca 103

Great game tonight between two really solid teams, 40 minutes wasn't enough as the fans got to see 5 minutes of extra time. Whatever happened to the Flagstaff defense of Monday night I hope that it returns soon as Boca lit us up to the tune of 42 of 73 shooting. Mo Poisson went for 27, Erin Atkins for 25, and Leon Cochran for 21. Angelo Pedigo did his best to keep us in it, going for 30 but he fouled out about a minute into OT and it went downhill from there. Flagstaff had chances to seal the game in regulation but missed the front end of 2 seperate 1 and 1 situations, one by Pedigo and the other by Malone. Got out-rebounded pretty badly as well, 2 6'10ish guys with EXC rebounding need to get it together down low. Rene Naquin did play well offensively, scoring 21 on 8 of 14 shooting.

Good game as always storm, hope to meet up again deep in the NTT :thumbsup:

Very good match! This is the lineup that I should have played against Philadelphia on Monday. A very experienced and scoring bunch that should carry us to a solid season. Good luck the rest of the way.

Funny. He's the guy who shut down Hill. I may reconsider and go with my 5th option. I do need one big though.
The second you posted that, I assumed so haha. I'll have to isolate his matchups in my scrims. I think I worked him pretty heavily (50 games each at SF/PF). Wasn't overly impressed with his rebounding, but I think he'll be fine there, and he's certainly good enough offensively to compensate.

As am I. Sorry Ph.

Boca's Maxes
6'8 - Charles Lomonaco R31
7'1 - Sang Vinci R16
6'9 - Devin Cook R10
6'11 - Louis Harris R4

I wanted to go after Harris, but being in region 6 his Poor+ local made it look bad for me.

I'm probably looking to max some combination of Clark, Mueller or Boltz from region 5 and I still need to find a big worth maxing that I think I can land.

Duluth maxes:
6-3 Timmy Hansen R16
6-2 Kent Broadwater R20
6-9 Bernard Walters R12
6-9 Devin Cook R10

Strong list here, Ph. SimSports Console gives me a 88% Fit with Timmy Hansen, and I had him down as a max for long time...until I realized he is P+ Local in r16. I doubt Prof Factor is right that someone who is P+ Local two regions away can fit that well (E+ Win is perfect for me, though). Anyhoo, I got skeered off him bc of that, but I loved Timmy in scrimmages. I don't expect a large tie for him either.

I think Kent Broadwater will be a stud SG, and I think his HS stats will put him under the radar in a class of strong scoring guards.

Cook's been mentioned already, but I just graduated someone like Bernard Walters - Rodrigo Lott.

I may be completely off here as several of you do a lot more scrimmage work than I do but I'd be careful putting all my marbles in on a bunch of scrimmages against one or two defenders. Sometimes you just run in to bad matchups as in real life. For example there is no reason that Angelo Pedigo should be able to hold Jared Eveland to small numbers every game they have played each other in 4 seasons but he does every time. He's a Fair defender and gets torn up by most good to average scoring PG's he faces. For whatever reason he's just a really bad matchup for Eveland. I've seen these happen against other guys I play in conference so I'd just be careful if all your scrimmage info is just against 1 guy. I'm sure you guys already thought of that though :thumbsup:

Oh and good luck in recruiting to everyone tonight, should be a fun top 75 with all the new active coaches we have.

I'm "maxing" 5 this season. Putting 17 on 3, 16 on 2, and building a very small net with scholarships. For that reason, I'm looking into moving off of Cook. I already know I'll be in a tie for Zambrano. My two big needs this cycle are size and defense.

Also thinking about moving back onto Mueller and fighting the Good- local pref. Definitely have some decisions to make today.

The top 75 comes out after this update or after the next?

Also, if any of you haven't seen, a max thread is up on the game forum. The names listed so far:

Dewey Cordova R3Henry Clark R5
Sang Vinci R16
Raymond Smiley (R24)
Patrick Holder (R23)
Homer Davies (R6)
Scott Flannery (R19)

I'd say be careful on fighting the Local pref. You are already sort of fighting it for Zambrano and I'd think doing it on two of 5 guys is pretty risky. Would basically be relying on your skills of finding CL's, which as we all know is going to be difficult on max worthy bigs.

:IN response to Redsox

Scrambling to move off of Cook. All but 1 of my maxes is confirmed to be a tie...

So far, I have max (17) on:
-Sean Zambrano (R1)
-Homer Davies (R6)
-Devin Cook (R10)

And pseudo-max (16) on:
-Eduardo Thompson (R21)
-A "he is what he is" big that I am praying continues to fly under the radar

I do think Thompson will be a small tie, hopefully just the 1/1 that's already confirmed. I was hoping Davies would be mostly uncontested, but no dice. Maybe the max confirmation of him on the main board will scare others off. Zambrano is going to be a big tie, I've accepted, and I'm willing to take the risk.

Which leaves Cook. I like him a lot, and I think he's maybe the best SF/PF option in the class (I only really liked Mueller more). If I move off of him, my options are limited. I'm sufficiently scared off of Mueller thanks to all of the other risk I'm taking. There are a couple other guys I like quite a bit, but they come with their warts.

At this point, I'm switching off of Cook, and praying that the new guy doesn't attract a lot of attention.

Frankfort's maxes:

Kevin Hatton r10
Ronald Neal r29
Calvin Faulk r18

Taking two lottery type guys and hopefully and under the radar guy. For the new coaches, recruiting players out of position in HS has gone from clever to conventional. Hoping for a successful net to back up the riskier maxes, but Hatton and Hall are Lear/Hutchings (former greats for Frankfort/Boca) type players.

fwiw, here is my predicted T75:

Name.............Region....Hometown....Height
  1. Ismael Donalson....3....Atlantic City.... 6-10
  2. Louis Harris.......4....Philadelphia.... 6-11
  3. Ronald Neal.......29....San Jose.... 6-6
  4. Roger Hall........12....Indianapolis.... 6-7
  5. Raymond Smiley....24....Galveston.... 6-5
  6. Sang Vinci........16....Milwaukee.... 7-1
  7. Kenny Bowers......23....Laredo.... 6-7
  8. Robert Boltz.......5....Annapolis.... 6-6
  9. Rafael Cody.......12....Augusta.... 7-1
  10. Matthew Maxwell...17....Owensboro.... 6-3
  11. Sam Omalley.......22....Sioux Falls.... 6-6
  12. Booker Bibby......15....Dearborn.... 6-6
  13. Francis Kaiser....13....Shreveport.... 6-6
  14. Isiah Umberger....25....Odessa.... 6-8
  15. Kevin Hatton......10....Daytona.... 6-5
  16. Henry Clark........5....Boston.... 6-4
  17. Bob Wilson........28....Mesa.... 6-5
  18. Ricardo Fleck.....18....Knoxville.... 6-11
  19. Seymour Lyon......14....Cleveland.... 6-5
  20. Millard Huffine....9....Atlanta.... 6-6
  21. Gabriel Mueller....5....Syracuse.... 6-6
  22. Larry Freer........3....Scranton.... 6-2
  23. Joel Shelton......30....Anaheim.... 6-5
  24. Roy Simeon.........4....Cooperstown.... 6-6
  25. Ronnie Campos.....14....Springfield.... 6-3
  26. Bernard Walters...12....Pensacola.... 6-9
  27. Corey Martinez....16....Cincinnati.... 6-11
  28. Steve Levin.......23....Kansas City.... 6-8
  29. Jason Hernandez...28....Lake Tahoe.... 6-6
  30. Les Houston.......26....Midland.... 6-2
  31. Ellis Sandoval....13....Savannah.... 6-10
  32. Lamar Daniels.....11....Montgomery.... 6-6
  33. Calvin Jung.......21....Boise.... 6-4
  34. Jose Cox..........30....Anchorage.... 6-5
  35. Brad Downing......18....Grand Rapids.... 7-1
  36. Jack Lepe.........27....Reno.... 6-4
  37. Jim Gardner.......21....Boise.... 7-3
  38. Kirby McMahan.....27....Reno.... 6-11
  39. Wesley Raybon.....31....Salt Lake City.... 6-6
  40. Homer Davies.......6....Morgantown.... 6-11
  41. Jess Hadley........9....Jacksonville.... 6-8
  42. Chavy Squires.....29....Scottsdale.... 6-8
  43. Lyle Mayberry......9....Jacksonville.... 6-5
  44. Travis Steffey....12....New Orleans.... 6-11
  45. Calvin Dotson......4....Alexandria.... 6-6
  46. Charles Lomonaco..31....Carson City.... 6-8
  47. Walter Moore.......1....Reading.... 6-4
  48. Oscar Burnett.....18....Flint.... 6-8
  49. Gideon Boucher....22....Helena.... 6-3
  50. Justin Case.......13....Gulf Shores.... 6-5
  51. Toni Jacobsen......9....Ft. Lauderdale.... 6-11
  52. Dewey Cordova......3....Trenton.... 6-8
  53. Richie Milburn....12....Orlando.... 5-10
  54. Jerry Groves......11....Starkville.... 6-6
  55. Michael Allen.....32....Phoenix.... 6-5
  56. Javier Tyler......18....Independence.... 6-8
  57. Dexter Miller......5....Virginia Beach.... 6-7
  58. Monty Mathews.....20....Little Rock.... 6-6
  59. Kent Broadwater...20....Pueblo.... 6-2
  60. Donald Thames......1....Brunswick.... 6-11
  61. Valentine Rogers...8....West Palm Beach.... 6-8
  62. Fred Hunter.......30....Sacramento.... 6-6
  63. William Bonn......29....Tempe.... 6-6
  64. Courtney Peck.....15....Jefferson City.... 6-9
  65. Buck Schott.......13....Gulf Shores.... 6-9
  66. Denis Blount......31....Olympia.... 6-4
  67. Dalton Agee.......18....Frankfort.... 6-8
  68. Earl Kalman.......16....Milwaukee.... 6-3
  69. Arthur Myers......21....Boise.... 6-7
  70. Cortez Probus......9....Hialeah.... 6-4
  71. Dominic Allen......7....Sumter.... 6-0
  72. Alan Bourn........19....Bowling Green.... 6-6
  73. David Patel.......29....Portland.... 6-11
  74. Tristan Russell...11....Norfolk.... 6-6
  75. Sherm Eversole....25....El Paso.... 6-4

Ph sometimes does one, and his > mine. Last season, I got 41/75. I don't think I'll be quite as accurate this year as my system does not account for supply and demand - ie, guards are much more abundant this cycle. So I think the bigs will get more attention and be rated higher, and the guards' attention will be diffused among the group. Usually, I am very accurate on the top 20-25 and very hit/miss on the last 50 or so. Hope this helps somewhat managing your risk.

Strong list here, Ph. SimSports Console gives me a 88% Fit with Timmy Hansen, and I had him down as a max for long time...until I realized he is P+ Local in r16. I doubt Prof Factor is right that someone who is P+ Local two regions away can fit that well (E+ Win is perfect for me, though). Anyhoo, I got skeered off him bc of that, but I loved Timmy in scrimmages. I don't expect a large tie for him either.

I think Kent Broadwater will be a stud SG, and I think his HS stats will put him under the radar in a class of strong scoring guards.

Cook's been mentioned already, but I just graduated someone like Bernard Walters - Rodrigo Lott.

Thanks. If anything I'll switch out Cook for a sleeper big. I lose 3 bigs this cycle but I'm big already.

Back