• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

I had Saad at 700+ in my Top 75 projection.

back from a busy week and weekend...i quickly threw 4 maxes out on Friday, sorry not to post. having said that i am going to wait to reveal who they are since they are all in the top 75 and will be dropping at least one of them this week. this is the first time in the last 4-6 season that i didn't do much scrimmaging...i need an overhaul, so i could go for just about anyone!

starting the season 0-3 and now have to face 2 of the top 3 in conference...could start 0-5, easily! Dearborn is in a bad way and i am just out of ideas with this team. scorers don't score and defenders allow 30+ppg...i think Dearborn is ready to hire Bzzzz

Ouch rough loss tonight for Flagstaff against Santa Fe by the score of 93-95. I was down for most of the game and fought back to tie it up late only to lose the lead on 2 foul shoots with 8 seconds left. Only my third conference loss in over 10 seasons so I guess the conference had to catch up sometime. C32 looks really strong so far at the top so I could have a much more difficult road than I usually do to the NTT. One thing I know is that Paul Livingston is headed to the bench. A 6'10 EXC rebounder isn't going to cut it pulling down less than 5 boards a game. My rebounding this season has been a huge disappointment. Need to shore that up asap. Need to have a solid recruiting class or I may take a huge step backwards the next few seasons.

Finally beat Casper, the slow down worked well this game. 1-0 in conference. Tough game against Ft Worth Wednesday, though I probably lose it'll be interesting to see how this team performs against him. I'm liking my freshman so far, all 3 in starting lineup and averaging double digit pts

Well then. I was right about Lawson playing well and Bueno struggling. The problem: Evansville turned the ball over a ton, and we couldn't rebound. The result: A sobering 97-69 loss to Boca Raton. It wasn't by 30, though, so that's something.

Still not sure what to think about this team. Looks pretty good so far, but they're inconsistent except for Scotty Ruffin who is exceptional. 13 point win over a week Fort Wayne squad. Ruffin led the way with 20/11. He's averaging 22/9 on the season with almost 7 FTA a game. He's only missed 3.

awaken, I've got to give you credit for suggesting putting 6-8 So Arthur Vanmeter at PF. He seems to have gotten over his foul problem and is putting up good numbers averaging 10/6.5. He had 9/9 tonight.

Monroe Brim is back. He had 11 tonight and is averaging 4 pts, 3 reb, 8 ast a game.

Going though the SuperViewer numbers tonight and figuring out adjustments to my minutes distribution.

Fargo improved to 3-1 with a very ordinary 10 pt win over Boulder, one of the many god awful teams on our schedule (I believe we have 4 regular season games against teams w/ recruiting rankings above 216). I desperately need someone who can dribble the ball up the court successfully in this year's recruiting class. Despite averaging 2.5 more stls/gm than my opponents we are virtually even in to's.

My next opponent Kalamazoo has a 4/88 freshman class.

Well, that makes sense. Looked at our big loss to Boca, and I figured out why it was so lopsided. My 6'4" +2/-3 bPF had to play 23 minutes because starter Willis Baker (who had an otherwise fantastic game) got into foul trouble. By all accounts, that backup was a fucking trainwreck.

That makes me feel a bit better about things.

If you're only maxing two, it makes more sense.

Can somebody look at the Top 75 and explain why #29 Marc Saad and #30 Jonathan Cooper are in the Top 75. All I can figure is that they had a ton of assists after the first two or three games.

I have the following ratings for these two:
Marc Saad 5.05
Jonathan Cooper 1.38

Not something I would max. Maybe tons of people tossed scholarships or 1 pt on them?

Well, that makes sense. Looked at our big loss to Boca, and I figured out why it was so lopsided. My 6'4" +2/-3 bPF had to play 23 minutes because starter Willis Baker (who had an otherwise fantastic game) got into foul trouble. By all accounts, that backup was a fucking trainwreck.

Good game Red Sox. Was glad to see that Jake Evans played pretty well as the starting PG. As an EXC defender I took a chance on him being able to slow down Lawson.

I would guess that's what happens when you have a guy that is -3 getting significant PT. You will build the team up soon enough.

Good game Red Sox. Was glad to see that Jake Evans played pretty well as the starting PG. As an EXC defender I took a chance on him being able to slow down Lawson.
I figured you'd try something like that after I posted the breakdown. I'm wondering how I would have fared with Lawson at SG. He probably would have lit up Atkins (though it would've gone both ways).

I figured you'd try something like that after I posted the breakdown. I'm wondering how I would have fared with Lawson at SG. He probably would have lit up Atkins (though it would've gone both ways).

Send me a scrimmage if you like. I'll put Poisson at PG vs Lawson or Atkins at SG. Just let me know what you want to try out.

Big game vs Carbondale tomorrow. They are getting better, and we've taken a step back. Have we crossed? I got a hunch/bad feeling about C-dale this year.

Solid win vs Paducah on Monday.

Need to win a tie or two. It's been a while. Hoping to match this year's Sr class, and hopefully improve on next year's class.

Dearborn got a huge win last night against the Bloomington Court Kings 98-95. we got lucky against a good team...a few tweaks are still needed.

for fuck sake...i think Harding wants to play bPG! he had the best game of his 2 year career with 4pts(2-2), 2rbs, 3/0 ast/to and 1 stl in 8 minutes! it is a damn shame when your highest rated player wants to play off the bench...fuuuu!

Dearborn got a huge win last night against the Bloomington Court Kings 98-95. we got lucky against a good team...a few tweaks are still needed.

for fuck sake...i think Harding wants to play bPG! he had the best game of his 2 year career with 4pts(2-2), 2rbs, 3/0 ast/to and 1 stl in 8 minutes! it is a damn shame when your highest rated player wants to play off the bench...fuuuu!

It's better than my +6 (Best player at the time) who wanted nothing more than to sit in a N/A slot. Unfortunately for Monroe Crandall, I didn't have the talent to let him coast through college.

Big game vs Carbondale tomorrow. They are getting better, and we've taken a step back. Have we crossed? I got a hunch/bad feeling about C-dale this year.

Solid win vs Paducah on Monday.

Need to win a tie or two. It's been a while. Hoping to match this year's Sr class, and hopefully improve on next year's class.

While I'm pretty pleased with our 13 point win over previously-undefeated Grand Rapids, I'm not sure if we're quite good enough to have closed the gap. Particularly defensively. But, we ought to be able to keep up with anyone offensively and on the boards. Biggest reason for my uncertainty with regard to The Frankfort Mooseknuckles is that a huge piece of our turnaround is our three point shooting. I've never really let my team fire away from deep before and I've never had any kind of success against awaken's teams from three, either. If we win, I think it may come down to our long-range shooting and limiting Frankfort's incredibly efficient offense to one shot.

We haven't won a game in this series in at least two full years (12-15 seasons, maybe?). I wish me luck.

Boca Raton Tidbits - s69

Steals
Senior Leon Cochran has very quietly snuck up on the steals record books. He currently has 83 steals in his career which is 4 shy of breaking into the top 10. He's averaging 1 steal every 2 games which should give him 93 for his career good enough to finish #4 just above Tony Salazar's 91.

Scoring
Interesting to note that in Monday's game against Evansville, Erin Atkins scored his 1000th point. Kind of odd that he has exactly 1000 pts going into tonight's game.

He needs just 316 points to break into the top 10 all time scoring leaders. If he continues to average 20 this season he should finish his JR year in the top 10. 400 pts (20 per, 20 games left) would put him just above Bert Hutchings's (1388) with a #7 ranking.

If he continues to average 20 for his career he'll finish 3rd with 1880. Currently #3 all time for Boca is Anthony Prince (s31) with 1808 pts.

I had hopes after signing him that he might challenge Salazar's record of 1961 points but he'd have to increase his average by almost 2 ppg over the final 44 games of his career and continue to stay healthy. (knocking on the biggest piece of lumber you can find)

While I'm pretty pleased with our 13 point win over previously-undefeated Grand Rapids, I'm not sure if we're quite good enough to have closed the gap. Particularly defensively. But, we ought to be able to keep up with anyone offensively and on the boards. Biggest reason for my uncertainty with regard to The Frankfort Mooseknuckles is that a huge piece of our turnaround is our three point shooting. I've never really let my team fire away from deep before and I've never had any kind of success against awaken's teams from three, either. If we win, I think it may come down to our long-range shooting and limiting Frankfort's incredibly efficient offense to one shot.

We haven't won a game in this series in at least two full years (12-15 seasons, maybe?). I wish me luck.

I save everything from my championship seasons. You beat me in S61, and perhaps since then in a non-championship season.

I'm blocked at work, but can anyone post the recruit rankings for Frankfort and Carbondale for the last four years? From memory, I think we are pretty close.

Back