• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

I save everything from my championship seasons. You beat me in S61, and perhaps since then in a non-championship season.

I'm blocked at work, but can anyone post the recruit rankings for Frankfort and Carbondale for the last four years? From memory, I think we are pretty close.
Code:
Rk	Team			Coach		Fr HW	Fr SH	So HW	So SH	Jr HW	Jr SH	Sr HW	Sr SH	Ave HW	Ave SH	Ave All
4	Frankfort Deacon Blues	awaken		33	20	33	18	24	8	12	7	25.5	13.3	19.4
33	Carbondale Violence	simplex10	22	19	24	20	3	2	110	183	39.8	56.0	47.9

Not that close, actually... By the rankings, Frankfort's still way ahead.

Thanks for looking that up for me (posrep). Reasonably close the last three years. Chemistry would be more important than pure ratings. I have a big advantage on Sr's, but he can hide 2 of them in NA if needed.

Thanks for looking that up for me (posrep). Reasonably close the last three years. Chemistry would be more important than pure ratings. I have a big advantage on Sr's, but he can hide 2 of them in NA if needed.
Makes sense to me. Looks like Carbondale's classes have been ranked unanimously better the last three years.

Yeah, I can hear those fat mouth breathers coming up behind me. If it's not their hot chili dog breath, it's their corduroy pants rubbing together. They sneak up on no one.

...^^ and that's their women!!

I'm really hoping I obliterate Athens tonight.

Last year, they were 6-18, with a PR of 196. We met them 3 times, and somehow only went 2-1. This year, they brought in a recruiting class that ranked 191/194. I brought in the 1/1 class that I am sure you're all tired of hearing about by now :) His 4-year rating is 202. Mine is 144.

A convincing conference win would be nice for the program. God knows this is our last easy game until Game 9 rolls around next Friday.

Big game for Fargo tonight, w/ potential conference championship ramifications. Denver's the most talented team in the conference per the recruit rankings but cpu-coached. The reigning cPOY is playing 11 min/gm as a bC for them, yet they barely got by an Aurora team that finished last year in the 200's in both PR and recruiting class. Should be a good one, and could go a long way to determining which team earn's conference 21's right to go 0-6 in the NTT.

Yeah, I can hear those fat mouth breathers coming up behind me. If it's not their hot chili dog breath, it's their corduroy pants rubbing together. They sneak up on no one.

...^^ and that's their women!!

The fire marshall outlawed corduroy on campus. So, it's just our breath you'll have to worry about. Um, yeah...

11/23 on free throws in a 2 point game? 0 points in the final 3 minutes? Oh, I see how it is...

Close game, as predicted: 86-84 Frankfort. PbP is riveting - close throughout; just when we start to pull away, they hit a couple threes - until the 2:30 mark. Then the scoring stops as the two teams circle and cling to each other like two punched-out prize fighters. Only scoring was a made FT by Frankfort.

I've heard of teams either turning the heat up or the A/C off to make the gym uncomfortable for the other team. Carbondale doesn't do anything like that - anything that requires the janitor or maintenance man (Frankfort grads, no doubt). They have this "cheer" called "The Wheeze" where their obese student body sits and mouth breathes heavily. The gym smells of hot dogs, bad breath, and fat sweat (general moistness and B.O.). I swear there is no oxygen in the gym (they've eaten it!), and there's a low hum to the place. We were getting light-headed. I think the last 2:30 was due to "The Wheeze." We ran outside post-game and gulped the refreshing winter air.

Boca Raton 104
Ft Myers 69

Erin Atkins, as if on queue, tied Tony Salazar's S61 record for 40 pts in a single game tonight. He increased his season avg to 24.6 with the performance. FR PG Jake Evans finally found his stroke too as he went 5 for 5 and added 14 pts. Evans held Chauncey Black to 3 pts on 1 of 7 shooting. The FT Myers SR has averaged 15 pts over his career.

Michael Gonzalez continues to be a floor general with 7 more assists tonight from the SF position. Gonzalez is averaging 4.8 apg compared to 4.0 rbpg.

While Mo Poisson is a better ball handler, Evan's may be close to forcing his way into the every day starting PG position as the better defender. Both should be able to shoot the ball well. I'll likely alternate to give both playing time.

Absolute fucking egg from Fargo in their biggest game of the season to date. My ffppff bSG decided to use his 15 min of pt to shoot 1-9 while my e shooting pg gets 7 shots in 25 minutes, and we lose by 26. Hoping that with a little better coaching we can get them the next time around.

Pittsburgh starts off the year w/ a power ranking of 89. Conference 3 looks to be extremely weak again. 3 teams (including myself) have power rankings in the 80s. The rest are waaay back. Hopefully we can get another conference win because we are going to hit a rough patch here for the next couple of years. I lose 3 of my top 4 players this year and the talent is pretty thin behind them.

Forgot about power rankings. Boca despite it's only loss coming to 5-0 Philly came in at 29. Our conference 13 SOS is just so horrible it kills us. The DeACCon tourney is vital for bringing up our PR.

It doesn't help that both our out of conference, non DeACCon opponents are 100+ PR as well.

Forgot about power rankings. Boca despite it's only loss coming to 5-0 Philly came in at 29. Our conference 13 SOS is just so horrible it kills us. The DeACCon tourney is vital for bringing up our PR.

It doesn't help that both our out of conference, non DeACCon opponents are 100+ PR as well.
Don't worry Storm, the Rachelwoods are bringing up your SoS with their 70 PR ;)

I don't think so. I drew out expectations for my schedule two nights ago, and I came up with a best case of 10-5. I think I'll drop game #2 with you, the 2 games with Ft. Myers, and the game with Ames.

Rochester starts out the season at 4-1 but with a 71 PR, due to the fact that I haven't beaten a winning team yet. Conference 6 looks pretty bad as per normal, excepting Camden at #9. Even Carnegie is down in the 50s... I'm thinking he may have given up on his team. Still really pointing towards next year as the breakthrough finally, so I have this whole season to tweak things and try to find the best fit.

7-1 frosh C Scotty Ruffin isn't a big game player. He only had 10/2 in a pathetic loss to Kalamazoo last night. He's a near 20/10 guy against the cupcakes, but struggles against tough competition.

BOOM - cincy gets off their schniede with a huge win over the hapless upstate northwest tech squad. #189 power ranking - SUCK IT.

I hate my team so much - they are head and shoulders better than last year, but I constantly blow leads. Against Odessa, I was up 7 with 13 minutes to play only to give up 39 points in the last 13 minutes to lose by 13 (he had scored 43 in the first 27 minutes). Against Duluth I am down 5 at the half, get blown out by 18 even though I shot 55% from the field and 50% from 3 and 100% from the free throw line.

My problem is fouling - my team is worse than the late 90s deacs - I foul like a mad man. Does anyone know how to stop that?

Back