• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

BOOM - cincy gets off their schniede with a huge win over the hapless upstate northwest tech squad. #189 power ranking - SUCK IT.

I hate my team so much - they are head and shoulders better than last year, but I constantly blow leads. Against Odessa, I was up 7 with 13 minutes to play only to give up 39 points in the last 13 minutes to lose by 13 (he had scored 43 in the first 27 minutes). Against Duluth I am down 5 at the half, get blown out by 18 even though I shot 55% from the field and 50% from 3 and 100% from the free throw line.

My problem is fouling - my team is worse than the late 90s deacs - I foul like a mad man. Does anyone know how to stop that?
Get smarter players.

Or a head coaching job somewhere that's not a community college.

I'm taking cincy by a face stomp in that one. redsox better look for recruits with high Gangsta ratings to keep it competitive.

I'm taking cincy by a face stomp in that one. redsox better look for recruits with high Gangsta ratings to keep it competitive.

Oh we rough. We are averaging 18 fouls a game - we're like that #34 guy in the video that RJ posted.

DUUUUUUUUURTY

BOOM - cincy gets off their schniede with a huge win over the hapless upstate northwest tech squad. #189 power ranking - SUCK IT.

I hate my team so much - they are head and shoulders better than last year, but I constantly blow leads. Against Odessa, I was up 7 with 13 minutes to play only to give up 39 points in the last 13 minutes to lose by 13 (he had scored 43 in the first 27 minutes). Against Duluth I am down 5 at the half, get blown out by 18 even though I shot 55% from the field and 50% from 3 and 100% from the free throw line.

My problem is fouling - my team is worse than the late 90s deacs - I foul like a mad man. Does anyone know how to stop that?

Dear gosh I had no clue thats how our game went. I feel your pain man my team constantly under performs.

I got killed by Ft Worth. I hate that team, so very much. I give up hope on ever beating them they have a SF I just can't guard

good lord!!!

we were able to beat Green Bay Superfly last night in double overtime 89-87. we really suck, but highly rated, and i have tried everything...i just don't get them!

Coyne seems to like playing SG but we can't stop anyone. this team should have more talent than they show but i just can't get it out of them and i am getting sick of trying...nothing is working!

recruiting has started off poorly...

Buck Schott (60)
Sam Omalley (32)
Bob Wilson (22)

i dropped off one of my maxes...he was a top 10 recruit but i don't think he is worth the tie.

No sure way, but recruit better athletes who can match up better, or smarter recruits who know to get into better position. Maybe change up your defense from Man to Norm, or Norm to Zone? Not sure if that would really help. Anyone try that? Sometimes guys just need some time to learn their positions. See Ph's case with Vanmartin. Having to learn their position means they may not be in their natural position right now.

DEMS FIGHTIN WORDS.

Awaken - I want this guy next year in the DeACCon or whatever it is called.

Well to do that RedSox would have to step and actually play in the invitational :thumbsup:

I love that you guys are forming rivalries, smack talking. Can't just be me and DiV. Keeps the game interesting.

I don't think so. I drew out expectations for my schedule two nights ago, and I came up with a best case of 10-5. I think I'll drop game #2 with you, the 2 games with Ft. Myers, and the game with Ames.

I'm expecting you to at least go 1-1 vs Ft. Myers.

No sure way, but recruit better athletes who can match up better, or smarter recruits who know to get into better position. Maybe change up your defense from Man to Norm, or Norm to Zone? Not sure if that would really help. Anyone try that? Sometimes guys just need some time to learn their positions. See Ph's case with Vanmartin. Having to learn their position means they may not be in their natural position right now.

I second the intelligence bit (or third, or fourth). The season that my team lead the league in steals and turnovers given was all based on INT. I believe I had +9 that season and only +4 DEF and +2 ATH. INT is sometimes overlooked and under appreciated.

I second the intelligence bit (or third, or fourth). The season that my team lead the league in steals and turnovers given was all based on INT. I believe I had +9 that season and only +4 DEF and +2 ATH. INT is sometimes overlooked and under appreciated.
Well, on a related note, I'm starting to question how much of the defense attribute is actually related to created turnovers. In my time fiddling around with the superviewer, I've noticed many players outperforming their DEF attribute with regards to CrTO. It just doesn't seem to be a great predictor of that stat.

Which has made me wonder: is the DEF attribute actually responsible for things like on-ball defense and shot contesting, things that aren't easily identifiable in the box score but that are hugely important? Luckily the superviewer provides opposing FG% for each player (as well as opposing 3FG%), and these seem to be considerably more correlated with DEF attributes. The other nice thing about this is that it allows you to differentiate between post D and perimeter D within each player, which could help plan for future matchups.

So I guess that I'd argue that good opportunistic or potentially reckless defense stems from ATH/INT, while good fundamental defense stems from DEF.

Well, on a related note, I'm starting to question how much of the defense attribute is actually related to created turnovers. In my time fiddling around with the superviewer, I've noticed many players outperforming their DEF attribute with regards to CrTO. It just doesn't seem to be a great predictor of that stat.

Which has made me wonder: is the DEF attribute actually responsible for things like on-ball defense and shot contesting, things that aren't easily identifiable in the box score but that are hugely important? Luckily the superviewer provides opposing FG% for each player (as well as opposing 3FG%), and these seem to be considerably more correlated with DEF attributes. The other nice thing about this is that it allows you to differentiate between post D and perimeter D within each player, which could help plan for future matchups.

So I guess that I'd argue that good opportunistic or potentially reckless defense stems from ATH/INT, while good fundamental defense stems from DEF.

Yes! Very good, grasshopper. A shot not taken can be as good as a turnover.

Got a welcome 29 point win over Paducah to give us a single-digit PR for the first time in a looooong time. All-Everything Boyd Cason had 28 points, 4 assists, 0 turnovers, and 5 steals. Relative to previous discussion, he is a MUCH better defender at PG than he is at SG.

My challenge is finding a spot for +5 Patrick Duhon. He seems to be regressing, which may mean he is not a fan of our increased tempo. Sadly, he's gotta be on the floor sometime, so I'm struggling to find a place for him. My team as a whole really likes the faster tempo, so tough titties for him. He may very well end up N/A as a senior if recruiting works out.

My recruiting pool is down to 19 players with one max currently listed in the top 75. A lot of the guys in my net are max-worthy, so I'm interested in seeing how they come in next week.

Lost that game to Ft. Myers that I thought I would. By 20. Remind me again how to beat them, Storm :(

Fargo eked out a win against a bad Aurora team, putting our PR at a very overrated 86. Sr SG Lawrence Googe earned my first Star of the Game honors with 35 pts and 5 reb.

Recruiting-wise, my maxes are looking decent: Gardner has slowly and steadily dropped to 23 on the Top 75 from a debut of 6. Campos remains unranked. My net also remains almost entirely unranked, which is both good and bad as I was looking to make a strong play on one or two guys this week and was hoping for the rankings to narrow my choices down a bit.

Cincy - 2-4. Get ready red sawx, we comin for ya - probably in the NIT, but whatever.

Also, 16 more fouls - weeeeeeeee. Next up is a decent team - prediction? Will be up 10 with 2 minutes to play and lose.

Montgomery (65) and Fleck (70) both appeared in the most recruited list after the Saturday update. I'd reckon that puts us around a 2/2 or 1/1 for both. Montgomery strikes me as more of a netter than Fleck, so he may be a smaller tie. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Flagstaff 103
Yuma 93

Fun game in Flagstaff last night as the Whippersnappers outlasted a pretty damn good Yuma team in overtime. Yuma has just really recruited well the last few seasons and has beat me for a tie or two, made C32 much more competitive.

ANGELO just wouldn't let us lose, tying the game with 16 seconds left and then pouring in 8 points in OT before fouling out. He finished with 33 points on 15-20 shooting. He only had 1 assist but with offensive output like that I won't be complaining. Get the easier part of my schedule in the next 4 games before I end with a brutal stretch including Carbondale, Santa Fe, Tacoma and Yuma.

Recruiting is crazy again,

Howard Stark - 71
Sean Zambrano - 14
Nick Weaver - 75
Kevin Hatton - 1

LOT of my guys have popped up ranked in my net after having only 4 or 5 in it originally. Hope the two guys i've gotten a few more points on is actually not maxed, would help a ton.

Back