• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Frankfort lost a nailbiter 68-67 to Waterloo. The difference was missing 2 of 3 FT's when fouled shooting a late trey. I hate missing FT's. I may shake up the lineup.

Pretty happy with recruiting, but likely looking at another netter class.

Kevin Hatton 6/6
Calvin Faulk 2/2
Ronald Neal 3/3

I have several 0/x leads in the net, and one tie that I would have bet someone would have maxed. I'll be scrimmaging them h2h to see which two I max from here out.

My reveal was fantastic. It looks like my net saved my ass, given that all 4 maxes were rather big ties.

Sean Zambrano (R1) is a 4/4, and he's the one of my 4 maxes that I am staying on going forward. He's 6'8" and G scouted with GGFEG ratings and E intelligence.

I gambled a bit last week and threw 15 RP on a netter that was unranked. Turns out he ended up being a CL (0/4) for me, and I'll be maxing him from here on out. That guy is 6'10" Brad Gagel (R11), who is P scouted with GFFEF ratings and possible G intelligence. Unless something crazy happens, he should be the first good big I've ever recruited. Based on scrim data, I see him coming in as +4 or +5, with defense potentially bumping up.

My net gave me another CL (0/0) in 6'8" Michael Weathers (R4), and I will also be maxing him from here on out. He's a bit harder to peg, but he's P scouted with FGFFP ratings and probable P intelligence. He struggled in scrimmages, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him come in as FEFGPF.

Still working on figuring out the other two maxes.

My reveal went well, I have clear leads for Ramon Hancock, Jerry Noah and Kadeem Stout. I am 1/1 for Nat Langford and will stay on him

Good to see that most had a solid reveal. The netters I have that were maxed if anyone is fishing:

Diehl 17
Moore 1
Fisher 3
Marriott 9
Tinnin 10
Bode 15
Inman 20
Harsh 22
Moore 18
Alderson 22
Chai 22

Unranked and leader has >= 40RPE

Keith Taylor r22
Justin Case r13
Louis Buckley r17
Matthew Maxwell r17
Jack Lepe r27 his max is posted on simboards
Fran Whitis r6
Monty Mathews r20
Denis Blount r31
Ainsley Chappell r22
Jose Cox r30
Vinnie Lowery r21
Wesley Raybon r31

I was really hoping Denis Blount would sneak through. He scrimmaged well.

So I could use some advice.

As I said before, my maxes were all big ties, and of those ties, I'm staying on 4/4 Sean Zambrano.

Now, I'm picking up 3 maxes from my net, and it looks as though all 3 will be CLs for me (though only two are guaranteed CLs for another week). Of those three, there are two bigs and a 6'8" Michael Weathers. Those three should come in as +12 based on my estimates.

My question is this: With my last remaining max, should I go after another of my original maxes (most likely Homer Davies, who is currently a 6/6 but may see a couple of drops), or should I grab Martin Payan (P scouted GFFFF) from my net? Payan would be a clear lead outright.

Note to warak and awaken: if y'all want Fawbush, you're going to have to be willing to max him from here on out. My only other net option is to chase down a PG prospect that I'm way behind on.

Regards,

Simplex10

40+ or I'm on him list

Calvin Dotson 4 25 66
Jamal Kelleher 26 25 25
Dominic Allen (24) 7 16 66
Quinton Slaughter 7 16 66
Herbert Tinnin 10 16 83
Gary Cash 14 16 18
Glenn Bode (19) 15 16 66

Congrats to Diesel for a big conference win. I'm not quite sure what happened, but Malcolm Goodman has proven he is incapable of a starting role at SG. We've been looking for someone who can handle the SG position and I've got one last option that I didn't want to have to pull the trigger on, but with an absolutely absurd schedule coming up, I've got to get this settled now.

As alluded to, recruiting has left a lot to be desired.

Brad Downing(r18) is 3/3. Waterloo and the aforementioned Flint are on him with me. Brad is an E+ local and the last team (Pueblo) is from two regions away.
Ricardo Fleck(r18) is 2/2. Owensboro and Pueblo join me. Total toss-up.
Charles Montgomery(r22) is 1/1. E- win preference probably has me behind Sioux Falls.

As I mentioned, I have two net targets left. I would have a third, but I don't have enough points to push him. I'm astounded that with so many middling prospects that the ones I targeted are nearly completely out of reach.

Oh well. At least I have two N/A spots with seniors in them to accommodate my walk-ons.

Hmm, my top 5 net options were all maxed for the update. I should add that Branden McDonald (30) is the netter I will be maxing the rest of the way.

A couple questions that I would appreciate some insight into: 1) I remember reading that 32 RPE is typically an auto-recruiter number - is it safe to assume that if it is the auto-recruiter (I don't have the upgrade so I'd be taking a certain risk on which team it is) they'll stay at 32 for the remainder or is there some way I could activate their recruiting? 2)I have a CL at 16 RPE on a better-than-a-walkon type and I'd like to keep him on the hook for the minimal points possible. Is there a good strategy for that on top of getting him to 28 RPE by the end of the season?

Note to warak and awaken: if y'all want Fawbush, you're going to have to be willing to max him from here on out. My only other net option is to chase down a PG prospect that I'm way behind on.

Regards,

Simplex10

Fawbush is not in my plans.

The kid's a chubby chaser. You're golden.

Interesting reveal despite waisting rpe on maxed players. We are very pleased by our 2 CL:

Buck Schott r13
Kent Henry r24

They fit bad needs in scoring and getting my next PG. I am most likely going to stay on Omalley and Wilson but need to find a direction for my next recruit(s). I am on a few that I am slightly behind...but relitively even by the end of the season. I know some of you guys are on them as well, get ready to spend 17 every week!

So I could use some advice.

As I said before, my maxes were all big ties, and of those ties, I'm staying on 4/4 Sean Zambrano.

Now, I'm picking up 3 maxes from my net, and it looks as though all 3 will be CLs for me (though only two are guaranteed CLs for another week). Of those three, there are two bigs and a 6'8" Michael Weathers. Those three should come in as +12 based on my estimates.

My question is this: With my last remaining max, should I go after another of my original maxes (most likely Homer Davies, who is currently a 6/6 but may see a couple of drops), or should I grab Martin Payan (P scouted GFFFF) from my net? Payan would be a clear lead outright.

Maxes receive the maximum RP's. Net recruits do not. But anyway...

I would max anyone who can start for you next year, and experiment with backups. Things will get sorted out pretty quickly this week (mostly), and next. Another variable is the availability of NA slots should you try to get cute and lose out. After that, it is yet another measure of your risk tolerance. For me, if I can get two CL's I'll gamble like heck on the third recruit.

Here is my situation:

Hatton 6/6 .14 chance to sign
Faulk 2/2 .33 chance to sign
Neal 3/3 .25 chance to sign
Total .72 chance to sign any one of them

For me, this is low. I like this number to be closer to, or at, 1. I knew nets would be more generous this season, so I accepted this risk and stayed on Hatton. I also thought he would get some drops, which would improve my situation above. Turns out, probably nobody dropped him.

So I'll get two CL's from my net, and stay on these three maxes. Since my net is providing me backup level talent, I may try to get cute on some. I have NA slots available if I crash and burn.

I'm guessing he meant that he was going to max 3 netters from here on.

Flagstaff picked up an impressive 116-88 win over Pasadena. Would have liked to see a little better defensive effort but the offensive output was impressive. Angelo Pedigo was incredible once again with 35 points on 13-17 shooting and 8-9 from the line. Rene Naquin was also on top of his game scoring 21 on 10-12 shooting.

The team put up one of the best "hands" stat-lines i've ever seen in this game. We had 19 steals to only 2 TO's compared to Pasadena's 1 steal and 24 TO's :eek:

Recruiting went about as well as I could have hoped given all 4 of my maxes were ranked.

Howard Stark (54) is a 1/1 with Washington. So 50% chance I nab him.

Sean Zambrano (13) as already mentioned is a 4/4 but Redsox is agianst his local pref. I'd say i'm a little higher than 20% to sign here.

Nick Weaver (68) is a 1/1 with my conference foe Yuma. They have beaten me for a few maxes recently so this is one I need to land. 50% chance of signing with us.

Kevin Hatton (2) as mentioned is a 6/6 with all coaches fitting his winning prefs extremely well. Should be a crapshot. So about a 14% chance of signing.

So of my maxes i'm looking at about a 17% chance i don't sign any of them. Then I have a CL in the net that i'll stay (literally didn't have another coach put anything on him) and then several guys that have been moved on but i'd have just as good a chance as any.

I'm definitely staying on Weaver, Stark, Hatton, and the CL. Have to decide if i'm going to stay on Zambrano or drop him in favor of a netter. That is the most likely scenario but it's difficult to talk myself into dropping a possible +6 or +7 PF prospect. His numbers just don't really back those numbers up though. We'll see what I figure out and i'll let you guys know.

Sean Zambrano (13) as already mentioned is a 4/4 but Redsox is agianst his local pref. I'd say i'm a little higher than 20% to sign here.
I think you're overstating Zambrano's Local pref. It's F+, which I think makes him pretty indifferent in that respect.

As for my dilemma, I decided to go ahead and continue to max Homer Davies. I'm confident a couple of people are moving off of him, and he could be a nice pref fit here as a 3/3 tie.

I think you're overstating Zambrano's Local pref. It's F+, which I think makes him pretty indifferent in that respect.

As for my dilemma, I decided to go ahead and continue to max Homer Davies. I'm confident a couple of people are moving off of him, and he could be a nice pref fit here as a 3/3 tie.

And I think you are underestimating how much of a factor local is haha. We'll see how it works out.

Still not sold on him so i'll let you know either way if I decide to stay on him or not. After getting 2 NA caliber guys last class I really just need to bring in 3 solid bench guys in a worse case scenario.

Also, i'd be careful betting on people dropping off of guys that are big maxes. Most guys put points on a player like that knowing they will be a big tie and just let it ride. If you expect a guy to be a big tie from the get go there really isn't a reason to drop off after wasting the points.

Also, i'd be careful betting on people dropping off of guys that are big maxes. Most guys put points on a player like that knowing they will be a big tie and just let it ride. If you expect a guy to be a big tie from the get go there really isn't a reason to drop off after wasting the points.
Yeah. My reasoning was that he's a 6/6 at the reveal, and nobody put points on him Friday night. I'm not positive what that means, but I'm hoping it means that some were scared off.

Back