• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

My netters with > 40 RPE that haven't yet been mentioned here:

Millard Huffine (R4) (66 RPE)
Marshall Rivera (R11) (66 RPE)
Todd Englert (R12) (83 RPE)
Buddy Wingard (R13) (66 RPE)
Buck Schott (R13) (66 RPE)
Damien Lacher (R14) (66 RPE)
Andrew Moore (R18) (66 RPE)
Bob Wilson (R28) (83 RPE)
Ronald Neal (R29) (83 RPE)

Posted a few scrimmages.

Go from a PR of 3 just two games ago to now being in the 40s after two upset losses. We needed the last two games given our upcoming schedule. We're in serious danger of missing out on the NTT. I just can't figure out my best lineup. I did settle on my last recruiting target, so we've go that going for us.

Boca Raton 96
Savannah 53

Erin Atkins netted 24 while all 5 starters and Mo Poisson all had double digits tonight. The storm out rebounded the Da Bombs 41 to 15 and forced 13 turnovers on 7 steals.

Our updated PR moved up to 13.

Last edited:
Go from a PR of 3 just two games ago to now being in the 40s after two upset losses. We needed the last two games given our upcoming schedule. We're in serious danger of missing out on the NTT. I just can't figure out my best lineup. I did settle on my last recruiting target, so we've go that going for us.

Whatever line up you used in our scrimmage worked pretty well.

Not sure what to think about my team. All of my losses are to Top 25 teams, but all the wins against against #95 and worse. I'm at #27 PR but I gotta think #51 Chicago will be favored on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Flagstaff 97
Albuquerque 78

Ho hum win tonight for Flagstaff. Rene Naquin went off for 24 and 14 in only 26 minutes. We had a 42-34 edge on the boards and that led us to a 80-70 shot differential. Really effective night shooting the ball by my starters. If you take out sg Gene Macklin's line of 3-12 (why he chooses to shoot so much with Naquin, Livingston and Pedigo out there with him I have no idea) Flagstaff starters went 26-47 from the field.

Awaken, not to rub salt in the wound but Pedigo's senior season has been unreal. Through 9 games he was averaging 26 points a game with shooting splits of 67.5/63.2/93.5 with a TS% of 74.9 :eek: This has to go down as one of the greatest offensive seasons in Flagstaff history. If he averages 25 a game for the season he breaks the record.

Needless to say that I owe you a huge thank you for him.

Cincy gets it's first top 100 win after being 0-5 so far this year to move us to the .500 mark on the season - but next up is a drubbing by the #9 Youngstown team (didn't they used to be part of our circle?).

Also, I remember reading one of you Gus talking abou height and the negativ impact it can have on guards. I have a 6'8" guy who I wan to start at SG next year - is that going to hurt me? He is GFEGFF.

You should be fine. The penalty is just for PGs 6'7 and taller. ive seen plenty of guys as tall as 6'11 ball out at SG

Tough loss by 1 point, should have beaten them didn't score a point in the last two minutes or somethign stupid like that, just terrible. I was doing real good, wasn't expecting that loss. Looking to go 14-4 or something like that heading into the tournament, it'll be tough to pull that off. Luckily my starting PG is good to go now

Another win for Fargo...the three teams we play this week have a grand total of 2 wins between them so I'm expecting my inflated PR to regress a good bit even w/ a likely (knock on wood) 3-0 week.

Question: There's still a lot of simball to be played but does anyone know if the regular season auto-bid tiebreaker's are determined after the regular season or after the conf. tournament?

Another win for Fargo...the three teams we play this week have a grand total of 2 wins between them so I'm expecting my inflated PR to regress a good bit even w/ a likely (knock on wood) 3-0 week.

Question: There's still a lot of simball to be played but does anyone know if the regular season auto-bid tiebreaker's are determined after the regular season or after the conf. tournament?
I'm 95% sure it's after the conference tournament.

Whatever line up you used in our scrimmage worked pretty well.

Not sure what to think about my team. All of my losses are to Top 25 teams, but all the wins against against #95 and worse. I'm at #27 PR but I gotta think #51 Chicago will be favored on Wednesday.

It was pretty much the same as the one that lost to a mediocre Independance team. That's part of makes it hard for me to figure.

^^ One great thing about this game is it recognizes that basketball is often a game of matchups. Are there significant matchup differences between Duluth and Independence for you?

NTT Update - s69

We're a little past the halfway mark of the season, so here is a look at how the DeACCon coaches are fairing this season.

For the first time in a long time there are Zero WFU coaches in the top 10. Surprisingly, Boca is our highest ranked team at PR #13. This is in part due to C13 having more quality this season coupled with the upper echelon deacs having more losses than usual.

In current PR order here is our DeACCon update.

*If I missed anyone, please msg me with your team name as I don't have it on my master list*

Boca Rotan Storm #13
Coach: Stormfury

The storm are flirting with breaking several of my personal records including PPG, 3 pt %, FG %, Steals, Opp PPG etc. The most talented (+/-) team I have ever fielded is also the best defensive squad to come through Boca Rotan. A 10 pt early loss against Philadelphia keeps this team from being undefeated but the lineup that is playing now may have faired better against the #3 ranked Insatiables. In addition to being strong defensively, this squad currently is the highest scoring I've fielded edging out the 67 squad who had 90.2 ppg.

Barring a total collapse the Storm should be in the NTT.

NTT Status: C13 Champ/At Large

Nashville Domination #21
Coach: reddoor

Like Boca, Nashville has 1 blemish on their record, a 81-68 loss to Manassas (7-2) ranked 37. A win against Green Bay tonight should pretty much seal up the C15 championship as the remaining 3 conference games are against sub 500 teams all of which Nashville has already beaten.

This team has senior leadership at the Guard spots and should be a high seeded NTT team.

NTT Status: C15 champ/At Large

Flagstaff whippersnappers #23
Coach: tau

For the first time in a long time, Flagstaff lost a C32 match. Santa Fe was so excited at the win that the squad lost the next two conference games making things very interesting in C32. Both Yuma and Flagstaff have 1 conference loss and the two will face off the final regular season game to potentially determine the C32 champion. That is of course assuming Flagstaff can get past Santa Fe next Monday and Yuma can win out. The whippersnappers are playing well with solid leadership by SR
Angelo Pedigo at PG and Rene Naquin at PF. Naquin and Livingston have combined for 29 blocks this season making for a very formidable front court.

NTT Status: AT Large/ C32 Champ

Frankfort Deacon Blues #25
Coach: awaken

Since I started back in season 59, I cannot remember a time where the Deacon Blues were not in the top 10. After going 24-0 last season, it was inevitable that this team would take a step back. Replacing Tuttle and Lott is a tall order for any recruiting coach even the K of our generation. The Frankfort losses however might be a bit misleading to the poll voters as they have come in the form of 10 to Flagstaff #23, 26 to Philly #3, and 1 to conference rival Waterloo #8. While this team may not have the experience to win another title, there is enough pieces that this squad could go deep into the NTT and coach Awaken has gotten improvement as the season has progressed from his squad.

The Deacon Blue will need a bit of help if they are to win the C18 championship this season. Perhaps Flint can help out Frankfort next week.

NTT Status: AT Large/ C18 Champ

Duluth Bullish Deacs #27
Coach: phdeac

After a tough season last year, phdeac has the Bullish Deacs playing well and should be NTT bound again this season. Duluth's only losses are to #3 Philly by 5 and divisional rival #15 Kalamazoo by 11. Next week's matchup with Kalamazoo is key if Duluth wants a chance at the C20 title this season. FR sensation Scotty Ruffin has provided a major impact for the Bullish deacs with 19.6 ppg, 7.4 rb and 20 blocks. Behind the 7'1 Ruffin this team could cause some noise in the NTT.

NTT Status: AT Large

Carbondale Violence #40
Coach: simplex10

A tough loss to Independence on Monday knocked Carbondale out of the top 20. The Violence are litterally 6 pts from being undefeated with losses to Frankfort #25 by 2, Flint #70 by 3 and Independence #130 by 1. Coach simplex doesn't have any breaks either with his next match against Waterloo #8 and a gruelling schedule that includes Flagstaff #23, and Frankfort once more. The tough schedule should help the Violence PR wise and as we've seen from their 6-0 DeACCon record, this team is capable of winning against almost anyone.

NTT Status: AT Large

Chicago Golden Deacons #51
Coach: ntndeacon

Chicago's FR front court of Grossman and Crossman have done an exceptional job at replacing the rebounding of Seaman and Ayers. The problem for Chicago is that the FR at this stage of their career are not quite the defensive tandem of their predecessors. Still, the Golden Deacons have a great shot at getting into the NTT and that could be boosted with a win tonight against Duluth. So far the Golden Deacon's 3 losses have come to Casper #24 by 5, Long Beach #7 by 5 and Kalamazoo #15 by 16.

NTT Status: Bubble

Odessa Spooks #64
Coach: Pilot

A tough loss to Laramie by 1 pt pushed Odessa out of the top 50 but the spooks have ample chance to push back into the mix with games against Grand Rapids #52, Casper #24 whom they beat earlier this season, and Fort Worth #1. Earl Ruis in his SR season is having a solid year with 17.5 ppg and 8.6 rb. If the trio of Freshmen starting beside him can grow up quickly, this team just might make it into the NTT.

NTT Status: Bubble

Fargo Wheatshuckers #69
Coach: Adout3000

The wheatshuckers have made huge strides under their new coach improving off their PR 167 last season and 201 from 2 seasons ago. At 8-2, Fargo has a chance to win the C21 title and get the schools first winning season in over 10+ seasons. With SR SG Lawrence Googe and C Milton Louden this team could do well in the NTT but coach adout3000 will need a solid recruiting class to repeat this season's success. Googe is leading the team with 23.6 ppg.

NTT Status: Bubble / C21 Champ

Flint Firestarters #70
Coach: dieseldeac

Diesel has done a great job at turning this program around. Just three seasons ago this team only won 5 games but that number has increased by 5 two seasons in a row to make last season's 15-9 record the best the team has had in over 10 seasons. The firestarters are 6-4 on the season and already have mixed things up with wins against Paducah #78 and Carbondale #40. C18 is just extremely tough to win in and with games against Frankfort #25 and Waterloo #8 left, the Firestarters are going to need another season or two to get back into the NTT.

NTT Status: In Trouble

Dearborn Warak's Deacs #76
Coach: Warak

Dearborn's unfortunately in a bit of a down cycle right now and I think their ranking is fairly accurate as they have struggled with top 50 teams and beaten the 80+ squads. Warak's got some talent coming in next season though and I expect should be back into the NTT next season.

Pittsburgh Stealers #95
Coach: bold814

While the Stealers losses have come against quality opponents, their conference strength of schedule is holding them back PR wise. This team will need to beat Lancaster in the season finale or win the conference tournament to earn an NTT birth.

NTT Status: In Trouble / C3 Champ

Evansville Rachelwoods #103
Coach: redsox

I like Evansville's chances of getting their first winning season in over 10+ seasons. The Rachelwoods have closed the gap on the rest of C13 and could challenge Gulf Shores and Boca for conference superiority in another season or two. FR PG John Lawson is looking like the c13 FRoY with 22.7 ppg and 2.1 apg. If that wasn't enough both FR Monte Bueno and Willis Baker are pulling in quality minutes and points. Bueno is averaging 18 ppg.

Eugene Travelers #107
Coach: turftoe

After falling to 9-15 last season, coach turftoe has started a youth movement with 2 SO and a FR in the starting lineup. It's proven successful as the Travelers are 5-5 and are halfway to last season's win total. Eugene will need to improve quickly and get a lot of help in order to play in the NTT this season.

Rochester Sandworms #112
Coach: redwing

Like Eugene, Rochester is making strives as the team is 6-4, halfway to their win total from last season. The sandworms are still a couple of seasons from making the NTT field.

Cincinnati Skyline Deacs #114
Coach: dadeacs

The Skyline deacs moved towards a more youthful lineup and so far the results are mixed. At 5-5 Cincy isn't likely to challenge for an NTT spot but coach DaDeacs should be learning a lot about his FR class. With wins against 80+ pr teams and losses below 60 PR, I tend to feel this team should be ranked in the 65-75 range. It's going to be a season or two before Cincy challenges Peoria and Youngstown.

Last edited:
Great stuff storm, awesome write up as usual.

I credit my loss and number of close games in C32 to the huge uptick in talent that the conference has had in the past 2-3 seasons. During the days that Flagstaff was just pancaking teams left and right by 40-50 points every game the opposing teams were all ranked in the mid 100's in recruiting ranks and really didn't have a chance. In the recent years you have Yuma who has recruited extremely well, as well as Santa Fe who has a top 25ish freshman class. The Santa Fe loss was really flukey in my mind but the I probably should have lost my OT game to Yuma which would put me sitting at the same level.

I have a pretty solid team but still have holes. Meeting a team like Boca would be really tough as they have 2 guards that can score and I have a weakness defensively were ever I put Pedigo. I also haven't loved Livingstons defense so any team that puts out 2 really strong offensive players at the 2 guard spots or the 4 and 5 spots would give me trouble. With that said this might be my best offensive team to date, as it wouldn't surprise me to see us end up averaging over 100 points by the end of the season. We can just flat out score the ball.

My last four games will really show me a lot about my team and will show me if this team is really a contender or pretender.

Oh and redsox just an FYI but I really couldn't find a second CL in my net that was worth it so i'll be staying on Zambrano. If I could have found a kid I felt was worth maxing from here on out from my net I would have but it looks as if I'm too far behind or don't like my pref matches compared to my competition. Sorry man but may the best coach win the battle :D

Huuuuuuuuge win by Cincy - we take down the formerly #6 Youngstown Squires - drop them to 18th and Cincy skyrockets to #100 - even hundo.

Gonna be a lost year - and I am kinda mad because I have no bad losses, just have 5 of them which stinks

Campos is going to be a solid scorer - was also going to be in my net.

Can I get a ruling on a guy 1 region away from me with Poor+ local preference? Is that too low to hope to actually compete for him?

The player is Booker Bibby, reg 15, 6'6" SG, G+F-F+FG+ - scrimmages well at both guard positions and SF. Can score and has a low TO rate - would like him to take over for my leading scorer next year.

Booker Bibby was single maxed by coach horn at Carnegie. BB almost snuck through to the nets. Good call.

I am 4000% sure Stormfury jinxed me with his "winning record" talk. I'm going to lose out, and it all began with this 2 point loss to fucking Asheville.

DAMN YOU, BOCA RATON. YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS.

#fuelingtherivalry

Last edited:
Back