• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Oh and redsox just an FYI but I really couldn't find a second CL in my net that was worth it so i'll be staying on Zambrano. If I could have found a kid I felt was worth maxing from here on out from my net I would have but it looks as if I'm too far behind or don't like my pref matches compared to my competition. Sorry man but may the best coach win the battle :D
It's okay. I have near-guaranteed +12 in my 3 big man CLs. Zambrano would have been a luxury.

;)

^^ Are there significant matchup differences between Duluth and Independence for you?

Probably. If I face Indy again, I know what I'll change about the lineup to try to take advantage.

Speaking of changing the lineup, we went back to how we looked against Frankfort after wandering the shooting guard desert aimlessly. Ended up with a much-needed win over Waterloo by 10 points. We led by most of the way and Boyd Cason paced things with 32 points. Interestingly, Frankfort and Carbondale are numbers 1 and 2 in league strength of schedule. Both of our next games are against top notch teams as well, so there's no rest for the weary. Since the average PR of the last five teams we face is 36, I would be ok with splitting these next four games.

Damn man that's a nice luxury to have. Wish I could have done the same haha.
It should be noted that I was probably exaggerating by 1 or 2, but yeah. I'm really excited/surprised I was able to get a CL on Brad Gagel. He looks like a +5 center, with an outside shot at +6.

What are you guys projecting from Michael Weathers? I'm having a hard time reading him. Based on scrims, he's only going to be a F shot, but I could see him having E defense and G rebounding... I think he's probably just +3 from those, with -1 in INT. Still, he'll likely only be a backup for me next year. My third big (I'll be sitting on him for another week) should come in at GGFGPG, but I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up FGFGPG. Either way, worst case scenario, I'm +11/-2. Best case (with these three recruits), I'm +14/-2.

I'm still really hoping I get one of Zambrano or Homer Davies, though.

Flagstaff got 50 point win over Phoenix. Not really much to report besides the fact that I had 6 double digit scorers, all of which outscored Phoenix's only double digit scorer.

Up next is the showdown with Carbondale. Should be a great game as the last scrimmage showed. The over/under for combined points between Angelo Pedigo and Boyd Cason has to be pushing 70 haha. I'm worried about Cason dropping 40+ as Pedigo is not the best defender in the world. We'll hope he brings his A game on the defensive end!

Redsox i'd guess that Weathers is probably a +3/-1 given the fact that he's playing PF as a guy that also has 2 6'10 guys on his team that look like better than average rebounders. I wouldn't expect him to be a stud rebounder or anything but certainly better than average. The fact that his SF is almost averaging the same amount of rebounds is strange though. Not really sure how the computer goes about deciding what is best for a PF compared to a SF though. Could be the hands though. Will be an interesting case study.

Up next is the showdown with Carbondale. Should be a great game as the last scrimmage showed. The over/under for combined points between Angelo Pedigo and Boyd Cason has to be pushing 70 haha. I'm worried about Cason dropping 40+ as Pedigo is not the best defender in the world. We'll hope he brings his A game on the defensive end!

217 combined points. 54 Free Throws Made. The #6 and #9 leading scorers in League 7 going head-to-head. #26 PR vs. #28. Oughta be entertaining.

Not sure if it matters to anyone or not, but I'm dropping off Henry Clark (27, r5). I am staying on Mueller(3/3), Boltz(2/2) and Vega(4/4), and I'll be exploring my net a bit more. Hopefully I can win at least one of those ties.

I can really see the effect that not playing in the DeACCon invitational has made in my SOS and thus my PR. I'm pretty happy only having 4 losses at this point in the season, but I'm ranked much lower than I have been the past couple years even though I'm usually sitting at 6 losses or so by now.

It should be noted that I was probably exaggerating by 1 or 2, but yeah. I'm really excited/surprised I was able to get a CL on Brad Gagel. He looks like a +5 center, with an outside shot at +6.

What are you guys projecting from Michael Weathers? I'm having a hard time reading him. Based on scrims, he's only going to be a F shot, but I could see him having E defense and G rebounding... I think he's probably just +3 from those, with -1 in INT. Still, he'll likely only be a backup for me next year. My third big (I'll be sitting on him for another week) should come in at GGFGPG, but I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up FGFGPG. Either way, worst case scenario, I'm +11/-2. Best case (with these three recruits), I'm +14/-2.

I'm still really hoping I get one of Zambrano or Homer Davies, though.

Brad Gagel GFGEFF

Michael Weathers geFgPF, where lower case likely to round down per HS Stats (could be out of position?). Potentially, stats are the result of being a Poor athlete (86% Fair, 14% Poor).

Sean Zambrano GGFEGG

Homer Davies GGgFgg, where D could go to E and his borderline g's all round up to solid G's.

Boca Raton 89
Asheville 59

Huge game tonight for Truong as he had a career high 21 pts. In addition he had 7 boards, 3 assists, 2 blocks and a steal. I'm hoping Truong can step into more of a scoring role next season when Cochran graduates. Atkins led all scorers with 22 pts and Jake Evans contributed 5 assists. Mo Poisson continues to provide scoring off the bench with 14.

The win managed to put Boca into the top 10 landing at #6.

Coach awaken is really liking the effects of his lineup change after the Waterloo loss. The Deacon Blues give out a [Redacted]-ian beat down to a good Flint team. Good game, diesel. I told my team "No more shots," and they said "it's beer tonight." Sorry it got out of hand.

What I learned is that Jared Eveland can't handle starters minutes. I put him at PG bc he is one of my two Exc shooters and a Sr. Last year, he gave me 9 ppg as bPG (14 mpg); and 11 ppg in double the minutes at PG. I put him back at bPG where he seems happiest, and last year's Eric Bateman back at PG where we won a championship. EB's assists immediately went up: 6 and 9. So Bateman at PG assisting the team is better than having Eveland's Exc shooting.

Next is a 10-1 Washington team with PR #27, then back through the C18 North: Paducah, Carbondale, Grand Rapids.

Awaken, not to rub salt in the wound but Pedigo's senior season has been unreal. Through 9 games he was averaging 26 points a game with shooting splits of 67.5/63.2/93.5 with a TS% of 74.9 :eek: This has to go down as one of the greatest offensive seasons in Flagstaff history. If he averages 25 a game for the season he breaks the record.

Needless to say that I owe you a huge thank you for him.

Ugh. You.are.welcome. <gulp>

My father said "anything you've really learned comes with a scar," and I definitely learned a lesson in passing on Pedigo. I really could use his scoring this year (imagine how dominant last year's team would have been!). Tons of hubris behind my mistake. Glad you are enjoying him - and using him to torch me every time we play.

But isn't this story like real basketball: <player> really wanted to go to <team>, but coach <name> didn't offer him, so he signed with <rival> and torched <team> every time they played. "I really wanted to show them what they passed up on," said <player>.

But isn't this story like real basketball: <player> really wanted to go to <team>, but coach <name> didn't offer him, so he signed with <rival> and torched <team> every time they played. "I really wanted to show them what they passed up on," said <player>.

Oh for sure man, being WF fans we all know to much about that.

Over the course of the season, Leon Cochran has moved into 4th all time steals with 91. This puts him in a tie with Tony Salazar but with 13 games to go Cochran is on pace to break the all time steals record of 103.

Over the course of the season, Leon Cochran has moved into 4th all time steals with 91. This puts him in a tie with Tony Salazar but with 13 games to go Cochran is on pace to break the all time steals record of 103.

Is there a way to see this kind of stuff? Or do you just keep track of it?

I would be intrigued to see where my senior SG ranks - he has averaged 19.5 points for his career as a 4 year starter.

Booker Bibby was single maxed by coach horn at Carnegie. BB almost snuck through to the nets. Good call.

I still netted him in the off chance that I could sneak him by with 50/60 RPE points. I figured his prefs were against me.

Definitely going to be a decent player - I was hoping for a EFFFGG or even EFFFEG.

Is anybody on Kadeem Stout (6'3" SG from Region 17) or do any scrimmages with him? He is my top netter right now and I am a CL with him with 54 RPE after this week, just wanted to see what anyone else thinks - he is my option if I miss on my 1/1 tie and I am hoping he comes in at GFFGFG

Is there a way to see this kind of stuff? Or do you just keep track of it?

I would be intrigued to see where my senior SG ranks - he has averaged 19.5 points for his career as a 4 year starter.

If you're a large program you get an extra link for sim stats on the my team menu.

Lee Cousins has 1615 pts 3rd all time and only 10 pts from 2nd. Milton Osborn has the all time record with 1708.

Looks like Cousins should get that record easily. :)

Back