• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

As DiV already touched on, Flagstaff picked up a 78-57 win over Carbondale. Didn't have a great effort from anyone tonight, but AP and Stone lead the way with 18 points and 19 points respectively. Stone had 11 boards and his partner in the post kicked in a line of 9/10/4blocks. If Gantt could score the ball better he would absolutely be one of the top players in the league. As it stands now he is one of the best glue guys i've ever seen.

As storm already also touched on, we had a couple of wars in our scrimmages, both going to OT, with Flagstaff prevailing by 3 in one, and taking the L in the other by 4. In the first matchup Boca would not listen to coach fury who was yelling to slow it down, taking 76 shots to Flagstaffs 82. Neither of us eclipsed 90 points strangely.

In the second contest the PG play dominated as AP put up 25 while Tony G for Boca but put up 21. Thanks for the games stormfury.

In my other two games I picked up a 18 point win over Ph where his squad couldn't throw it in the ocean out of a boat, and a 12 point loss to Youngstown. In the game against Youngstown, Albert Stone apparently cherry picked the entire game, as he scored 17 points but allowed his man on defense to put up 23 on 10-11 shooting. He is young and huge so hopefully coach pilot can whip some defense into him. We will be better than I anticipated this season, but still will have several faults that better teams will be able to exploit against us.

Up next is Laramie.

I'll put that 18 loss on coaching. I've mostly gone Slow/Norm/Shoot Less. For your game, I went Norm/Norm/Norm and we shot ourselves to oblivion. We typically don't shoot more than 5 3-pointers a game. In your game we shot 4-21 from deep. Just ugly. I'll also add that my starting backcourt was at bSF and bSG and each played under 10 minutes. Did have two frosh in double figures.

I'll send you a scrimmage with my likely starting lineup to see how they stack up. Your team looks very strong. Again.

Picked up two wins over Akron and beat Glendale in another scrimmage. Loving my freshmen so far. 6-10 Williams Corley looks like a major stud. Here are his stats per 30 minutes after playing 85 minutes in 5 scrimmages: 14.8 pts, 4.6 reb. He's hit all 20 FT attempts.

I've got the upgrade to the large program. Can I get a little recruiting help? I can't seem to find the recruiting tool/spreadsheet.

It's still early and i have to scrimmage them yet, but I figured I would open it up for discussion. Ph, Awaken, anyone got feelings on these guys? Conf 13 hasn't been a hot bed of talent during my 6 seasons but with Hutchings +9 and Black +8 the last 2 seasons, it's starting to produce 1 or 2 quality players and both Atkins and Gonzalez could follow suit and I have obvious local preference advantages.

Both are from Conf 13:

Michael Gonzalez 6'8
His attributes look solid, but after 2 scrimmages his stats show potential for a bust. I could do without scoring, but really need defense (2 steals & 2 blocks per game) and rebounding. (5.5 rbpg) With Exc- local and Fair win (poor+ impact) He's the closest thing to a slam dunk for me.

Erin Atkins 6'4
While I'd like to go all bigs this cycle, Atkin's warrants serious max consideration. G scouted he looks at being a possible +6 and is scoring 31 ppg. With Local and win both at F+ and impact at None- he also fits my prefs nicely. The thought of Atkins at SG with Hutchings at SF is downright thrilling.

Haven't gone over the recruits in depth yet. Hopefully I'll have time to set up some scrimmages today. Interestingly my hands off approach is just as good as my uber-analytical approach at least in terms of recruiting ratings. I've been over-recruiting bigs the last few seasons. If I can get a legit Top 30 class of guards, this team should be able to break into the top 10.

What position are you scrimmaging Gonzalez at? He screams SF to me. If I had to guess, I'd say he comes up FGGGEG, maybe he keeps the E Hands given the 3 apg so far. If that's what you need, go after him.

Haven't gone over the recruits in depth yet. Hopefully I'll have time to set up some scrimmages today. Interestingly my hands off approach is just as good as my uber-analytical approach at least in terms of recruiting ratings. I've been over-recruiting bigs the last few seasons. If I can get a legit Top 30 class of guards, this team should be able to break into the top 10.

What position are you scrimmaging Gonzalez at? He screams SF to me. If I had to guess, I'd say he comes up FGGGEG, maybe he keeps the E Hands given the 3 apg so far. If that's what you need, go after him.

I could move Hutchings from SF to SG or PG if I land Gonzalez and he turns out to be a better SF. I was planning on trying him out at PF, but will setup some scrimmages with him at SF as well. Thanks.

It's still early and i have to scrimmage them yet, but I figured I would open it up for discussion. Ph, Awaken, anyone got feelings on these guys? Conf 13 hasn't been a hot bed of talent during my 6 seasons but with Hutchings +9 and Black +8 the last 2 seasons, it's starting to produce 1 or 2 quality players and both Atkins and Gonzalez could follow suit and I have obvious local preference advantages.

Both are from Conf 13:

Michael Gonzalez 6'8
His attributes look solid, but after 2 scrimmages his stats show potential for a bust. I could do without scoring, but really need defense (2 steals & 2 blocks per game) and rebounding. (5.5 rbpg) With Exc- local and Fair win (poor+ impact) He's the closest thing to a slam dunk for me.

Erin Atkins 6'4
While I'd like to go all bigs this cycle, Atkin's warrants serious max consideration. G scouted he looks at being a possible +6 and is scoring 31 ppg. With Local and win both at F+ and impact at None- he also fits my prefs nicely. The thought of Atkins at SG with Hutchings at SF is downright thrilling.

Haven't looked at Atkins yet, but given how unselfish Hutchings is, i'd think a super scorer at SG would mesh perfectly with him. His intelligence would make me think he would score heavily when Atkins is struggling but defer to him when hot. Makes since in my head anyway.

For an 0-3 exhibition start, I'm feeling really good about my team this season.

The resume:
20 point loss to Flagstaff (LY PR #3) - Admittedly, I tried the CPU's lineup out and it failed. Subsequent scrimmages of both our projected lineups had a 3 point loss and 4 point win for Boca.

1 point loss to Dearborn (LY PR #10)- Close one that had us leading with 1 min remaining in regulation only to lose it in OT.

1 point loss to Frankfort(LY PR #1, Champs) - I'll take it. In our previous DeACCon meetings, Frankfort has always won by 15+. In 5 scrimmages with varying lineups we had a 2 10 pt losses, 2 pt loss and 2 3 pt wins. Tonight's game had us down by as many as 17 during the first half. The boys put up a furious stretch to cut the lead to 6 at the half. In the second half it was close throughout, and we even had the lead for a 4 minute stretch in the second half until Frankfort took over with 3:30 to go in the match. It went back and forth until the wire.

*radio announcer*
B Tuttle misses a short 2-pt field goal
0:18 on the clock.
B Hutchings grabs the rebound and drives up the court.
Hutchings passes to Mask.
Mask passes to Gonzalez
3 seconds left. Gonzalez takes the shot.
The long 2 misses. Cochran Grabs the rebound and shoots.
Nope the Buzzer has gone off. It won't count. Frankfort Wins!!!

*Coach is thinking*
Damnit Hutchings... Hold onto that ball for 10 seconds and shoot the game winner..

*Coach says*
Hella Good game boys.

The stats:
Mask and Hutchings lead the way with 19 pts each
Elmer Custis was Frankfort's leader with 18.
Gonzalez had 6 assists and 3 steals. If he would have just dished it at the end. :)
Cochran and Goodwin combined for 6 blocks!

For a team with little rebounding 'skill' I was surprised as we out rebounded Frankfort by 5.

Good Game Awaken. Thanks for the pre-season workout.

Last edited:
Here are the mid-tournament results of the DeACCon:

Frankfort. 3-0
Dearborn ..2-0
Flagstaff. 2-0
Duluth.....1-1
Nashville..1-1
Akron......1-2
Boca.......0-3
Carbondale.0-3

This week was inter-divisional play, and the results were pretty much as expected. Next week the games count, and are intra-divisional - tougher and more compelling.

Michael Gonzalez 6'8

Erin Atkins 6'4

After 14 scrimmages, I can definitely say that I'll be maxing Atkins. While I expect Gonzalez to fall off a bit from his listed atts, I'm likely to max him as well, along with Rene Naquin out of R29.

Not sure on the 4th one yet but have a few bigs that I'm considering.

After 14 scrimmages, I can definitely say that I'll be maxing Atkins. While I expect Gonzalez to fall off a bit from his listed atts, I'm likely to max him as well, along with Rene Naquin out of R29.

Not sure on the 4th one yet but have a few bigs that I'm considering.

Flagstaff is 99% sure we will be on Naquin and Doucette of region 32. One other big and a defensive guard will be our other maxes.

Here are the mid-tournament results of the DeACCon:
This week was inter-divisional play, and the results were pretty much as expected. Next week the games count, and are intra-divisional - tougher and more compelling.

Sheesh a 1 pt game with a shot at the buzzer that misses isn't tough and compelling! I certainly didn't expect it either. :p

Frankfort's scrimmages and DeACCon tournament have been mostly good so far. In scrimmages, got a big win vs Akron, a one point loss to Flagstaff (they always seem to have our number - glad we didn't have to face them in the NTT last season), went 3-2 vs Boca, and an OT L to Duluth (re-match of first DeACCon game).

In exhibition/DeACCon, got a big win over Duluth (which he avenged above), 10pt win over Nashville, and thrilling W over Boca that Stormy described above. I get Akron, Dearborn, and Flagstaff this week. Tough week.

What I've learned about my team: the frosh are solid, but it is hard to stand out on this team; Gene Watson still can't handle starter's minutes, which means I am in search of a SF. Bernard Tuttle can (and will) fill in, but at 7'2, you really want him in the post. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if either of my frosh PG's grew a couple of inches so I could move him to SF.

Recruiting: Replacing a strong Sr class of +7 PG Stockdale, +5 C Hoyle, +4 PF Tatum. I think I got my future PG last season (while not a +7), so I'll be looking for bigs this year. This seems to be a good class for big men, and plenty want to come to Frankfort. I was considernig Rene Naquin, but don't want, or need, to get into a big tie for him with so many alternatives available. No decisions yet.

Feeling good about this season's squad. My likely starting lineup picked up our first win over awaken in several seasons. The only downgrade in the lineup is 6-6 scorer Adam Cox is replacing 6-11 scorer Harvey Evans at SF.

The starting lineup (all stats per 30 minutes in scrimmages at that position)

PG 6-6 Eric Wright - His stellar defense at PG keeps him here after flirting with installing a scoring PG at the position. He didn't manage to keep up the defense at SF. Averaged 5.2 ast, 0.7 to in scrimmages. Only allowed 6.3 pts, but that does include some other pass first PGs.

SG 6-6 Ernest Morin - Came off last year's C20 ROY campaign ready to be the #1 scoring option after spliting time with Cox. Averaged 18.6 pts and a suprising 3.6 ast. Also a lockdown defender.

SF 6-6 Adam Cox - Lone senior in the starting lineup. Averaged 18.4 pts, 2.2 ast at SF.

PF 6-10 Williams Corley - From net max reach to the starting lineup. Showed a ton of promise. 14.3 pts, 6.0 reb, 1.7 blk. Also a strong defender.

C 6-10 Peter Murphy - This junior continues to impress with his defense. I may consider upping his shot settings after scoring 5.7 pts, 7.7 reb.

bPG 6-3 Greg Dickerson - Biggest surprise of the preseason. This walk-on beat out several unprioritized 0/0 leads for a roster spot last season. Averaged 13.6 pts, 2.7 ast.

bSG 6-7 Xavier Medley or 6-4 Joseph Phifer - Sr Medley is here for now. Morin will likely alternate at Less/More in big games with the bSG. Both are decent enough but not reliable.

bSF 6-9 Wesley West - Had a tough season at PF last year. Showing much more at bSF at 13.3 pts, 8.7 reb with stellar defense.

bPF 7-1 Lowell Murphy - Trying him here for now. Could end up at bC or maybe even bSF.

bC 6-11 Hugh Gilson - Big defender/rebounder. Played bC last year.

Vermont, I owe you an apology for how recruiting turned out. I had no idea I'd get all three of my big man prefs. I won the 1/1 tie for 6-10 Josh Valverde and it looks like I'm going to have to sit him at NA because I'm deep with bigs.

Ouch. Of all coaches, it had to be DiV. Damn! Ice. Cold.

Here is the new Carbondale fight song:

Maybe the song is a clue to what's behind DiV's recruiting trouble - 6'8" and can't find a tall girl and all Carbondale has are fatties?

Is it weird to have 0 offensive rebounds through the 3 exhibition games as a team? I am outrebounding my opponents pretty easily, but I only have defensive rebounds.

Back