Page 15 of 387 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 7730

Thread: Online Virtual Coach Simulation

  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDeacs View Post
    Is it weird to have 0 offensive rebounds through the 3 exhibition games as a team? I am outrebounding my opponents pretty easily, but I only have defensive rebounds.
    I don't even keep track of offensive rebounds so I couldn't tell you. I'd say as long as you keep out-rebounding your opponents then I wouldn't worry about it.

  2. #282
    hello everyone...it's great to be back from my long vacation!

    a few things about Dearborn...

    once again we did not win any of our ties this season (broken record) and currently have only 1 won tie on the team (Travers 1/1 S65) and have only won 2 (Claypoole 3/3 S60 and Scott Kidd 2/2 S55) ties more than 1/1 (7 total but 2 were very bad prefs (N+ local and other teams were local), so 5) since i have been tracking my accepted recruits S53.

    i must say that this recruiting history is appalling! it looks like i have only landed 7 maxed (5 = 1/1 and 2 > 1/1) ties over the last 14 seasons!!!



    new class is a bunch of backups that will keep the ship afloat until lady luck comes my way...as usual!

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by tau06 View Post
    I don't even keep track of offensive rebounds so I couldn't tell you. I'd say as long as you keep out-rebounding your opponents then I wouldn't worry about it.
    The games stats engine is broken. It only reports ALL rebounds as defensive, so you'll never see any offensive rebounds. In truth, you're getting rebounds on both sides of the court.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfury View Post
    The games stats engine is broken. It only reports ALL rebounds as defensive, so you'll never see any offensive rebounds. In truth, you're getting rebounds on both sides of the court.
    Ya, I was meaning I don't go through the PBP and track them, don't really matter to me as long as I keep winning

  5. #285
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    96,530
    There are play-by-play readers that break down offensive boards. Superviewer is the best one. That's how I keep up with my regular season stats.

    What are your thoughts about this recruiting class? It looks like an excellent big man class to me. I'm tempted to get a little greedy and go after some big men that I don't really need instead of the guards I desperately need. I'm going to go over it again today, but so far the bigs >> guards. If I decide to go all out with guards, I'll post some of my favorite bigs.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 06-20-2011 at 03:11 PM.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    There are play-by-play readers that break down offensive boards. Superviewer is the best one. That's how I keep up with my regular season stats.

    What are your thoughts about this recruiting class? It looks like an excellent big man class to me. I'm tempted to get a little greedy and go after some big men that I don't really need instead of the guards I desperately need. I'm going to go over it again today, but so far the bigs >> guards. If I decide to go all out with guards, I'll post some of my favorite bigs.
    I'm having a harder time getting excited about the bigs this cycle. There are only 5 >= 7'0 and 127 6'9 or taller (16%)


    Of that 127,there are about half 64 players that don't have E or G local preference. (8% of the total players).

    Out of the 64 that want to go remote, 43 are not swayed by playing for a winning program meaning your forced to fight for impact and leaving only 21 bigs (6-9 or greater) who want to play remotely and for a winning team.

    Of the 63 that prefer local, only 7 are within my region and all of them suck, leaving me to fight with the powerhouses for the 21 that want to play away from home with Exc/good win or fight with teams that might have a greater impact.

    Maybe there's a lot better situation for you guys locally, but for me there really is only 21 potential targets regarding bigs, making it a really narrow group. (2.7% of the total class)

    Regarding the 21 potentials:
    2 have a rating > 12.00 (studs)
    6 between 8-10 (really good)
    6 between 6-8 (ok)
    and 7 < 6 (good luck)
    in my ratings system.

    The top 2 potential bigs for Boca based on ratings Rene Naquin & Carlos Bledsoe R12, which is 1 away from my region meaning he doesn't want to stay local.... As mentioned, at least 2 other teams have already claimed to be going after Naquin, not including myself.

    I'm scrimmaging another group of bigs out the possible 21, but I'm feeling a bit more pressured into taking what I can get (1-3) this cycle and going all out for bigs next cycle.

  7. #287
    Oh yea Ph, I agree completly. This cycle of bigs looks extremely good. Flagstaff will be on Rene Naquin and Earl Doucette for sure, and after some scrimmages get run tonight ill decide on a fourth. Really looking hard at Carlos Bledsoe. Some other shorter tweener guys are being looked at as well. Hoping to get two bigs and a defensive minded combo guard in this class. Who do u like so far? I didnt get any scrimmages put together til yesterday

  8. #288
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    96,530
    I don't know about the big man depth in this class. I guess it's not good. I picked out about 40 players by some clear criteria and ran scrimmages for half of them. The bigs looked very good.

  9. #289
    Well not the start we wanted here in Flagstaff, taking a 71-81 loss to Cambridge. Junior patrick Oates threw salt in our wound, first turning down a scholarship to play for Flagstaff, and now dropping 30 on us to start the season. He is a stud SG and who we wanted in that class. Instead I won the tie for worthless Claude Snodgrass. I have to find a solution to my SG/SF spots or my season is in trouble.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by tau06 View Post
    Well not the start we wanted here in Flagstaff, taking a 71-81 loss to Cambridge. Junior patrick Oates threw salt in our wound, first turning down a scholarship to play for Flagstaff, and now dropping 30 on us to start the season. He is a stud SG and who we wanted in that class. Instead I won the tie for worthless Claude Snodgrass. I have to find a solution to my SG/SF spots or my season is in trouble.
    Boca got off to a good start with a 75-65 pt win over Carbondale. PG Tony Gonzalez was the man of the match with 17 pts, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals and 0 turnovers. Despite being handed 15 more free throws, Boca had a horrific free throw shooting night 5-20 or this one would could have gotten ugly.

    Thanks for the game and good luck with the rest of the season.

  11. #291
    Orlando Vance r7

    still working on two others...

  12. #292
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    96,530
    Picked up a surprisingly close 69-66 win over Independence, a team that should much improved after adding two strong classes. I realized that I didn't set my shots for all my players. On the good side, usual 1/1 C Peter Murphy got his first double-double 10/11 albeit it on 3-9 shooting.

    Did well in scrimmages. Got owned by Flagstaff as usual. I swear my team turns to mush when Flagstaff steps on the court. Shot 30-72. His PGs scored 33 against my typically stout PG defense.

    I've figured out one max, maybe two. The guards I've scrimmaged didn't look that good. Definitely maxing Dan Lash, r9 Atlanta. Good percentages and defense in scrimmages. Going to test the second guy out with some more scrimmages on Wednesday. Probably maxing 3 guards and a big and casting a wide net.

  13. #293
    Dickie Hemric
    DaDeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hudson River
    Posts
    15,509
    Cincinnati starts of the new year in League 7 well with a 20 point win over a team that shouldn't be that much worse than me. My sophomore center (FFFGEF) puts up his first double-double with 17/11.

    Next up? The dreaded canadian-floridian combination of the Orlando Calgary - maybe their nickname is the Magic Flames?

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfury View Post
    I'm having a harder time getting excited about the bigs this cycle. There are only 5 >= 7'0 and 127 6'9 or taller (16%)


    Of that 127,there are about half 64 players that don't have E or G local preference. (8% of the total players).

    Out of the 64 that want to go remote, 43 are not swayed by playing for a winning program meaning your forced to fight for impact and leaving only 21 bigs (6-9 or greater) who want to play remotely and for a winning team.

    Of the 63 that prefer local, only 7 are within my region and all of them suck, leaving me to fight with the powerhouses for the 21 that want to play away from home with Exc/good win or fight with teams that might have a greater impact.

    Maybe there's a lot better situation for you guys locally, but for me there really is only 21 potential targets regarding bigs, making it a really narrow group. (2.7% of the total class)

    Regarding the 21 potentials:
    2 have a rating > 12.00 (studs)
    6 between 8-10 (really good)
    6 between 6-8 (ok)
    and 7 < 6 (good luck)
    in my ratings system.

    The top 2 potential bigs for Boca based on ratings Rene Naquin & Carlos Bledsoe R12, which is 1 away from my region meaning he doesn't want to stay local.... As mentioned, at least 2 other teams have already claimed to be going after Naquin, not including myself.

    I'm scrimmaging another group of bigs out the possible 21, but I'm feeling a bit more pressured into taking what I can get (1-3) this cycle and going all out for bigs next cycle.
    You are on the cusp of epiphany, grasshopper.

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by swooper72
    *swooper72 wrote:
    vance also participated in our scrimmages.

    same for both lash's
    I just love how Swooper is trying to muscle peeps off guys.

  16. #296
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    96,530
    I think my son would respond, "Swooper no swooping. Swooper no swooping. Swooper no swooping."

    I'm beyond being intimidated for a player. I'm starting to win some ties and I'm in a good position where I could deal with one or two walk-ons if I had to.

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I think my son would respond, "Swooper no swooping. Swooper no swooping. Swooper no swooping."

    I'm beyond being intimidated for a player. I'm starting to win some ties and I'm in a good position where I could deal with one or two walk-ons if I had to.
    Oh I agree. I totally don't mind going for a big tie or two this cycle. I like my chances with getting Gonzalez and Atkins, so 1 walk on wouldn't hurt too bad, especially when my JR class is chock full of NA goodness. Preferably, I'll land 3 this cycle and swing for the fences next but I can adjust as needed

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfury View Post
    I just love how Swooper is trying to muscle peeps off guys.
    Flagstaff will try to do the same

    We have decided on:

    Rene Naquin
    Earl Doucette
    Jeffrey Yi
    Troy Deaver

    Deaver and Doucette should be smaller ties with the prefs favoring Flagstaff. Yi and Naquin will be large ties but Flagstaff will take our chances on these two. Our prefs fit them as well as anyone.

  19. #299
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    96,530
    Quote Originally Posted by tau06 View Post
    Flagstaff will try to do the same

    We have decided on:

    Rene Naquin
    Earl Doucette
    Jeffrey Yi
    Troy Deaver

    Deaver and Doucette should be smaller ties with the prefs favoring Flagstaff. Yi and Naquin will be large ties but Flagstaff will take our chances on these two. Our prefs fit them as well as anyone.
    Scrimmaged Yi (per 30): 10.7 pts, 3.3 ast, 3.6 reb 36%/33%/64%
    -I was going to give him another shot against a F/G defender. The guy he went up against looks like a big time shooter and didn't fair well either. I'm going to try that guy again and consider making him a high netter.

    Naquin's going to be crazy good. Good luck. Wouldn't be shocked if he's a 7/7 or more Top 5.

  20. #300
    Dickie Hemric
    DaDeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hudson River
    Posts
    15,509
    Anybody had scrimmages with these guys from Zones 1 & 2? I only had the credits to do 1, they look good from that game, but haven't been able to do anymore:

    Phillip Cummings - Region 1 - 6'5" PG - G+FG+G+F-
    Brian Montgomery - Region 2 - 6'10" PG (huh?) - E-E-G+E-F-
    Lesley Barclay - Region 2 - 6'8" C - G+G+G+G+E+
    Billy Trent - Region 1 - 6'9" SF - G+F-E-F+F+

    They looked good against solid competition - if anyone has them on their scrimmage teams, would love to hear.

    A guy I am not going to get, but I included in my scrimmage who did really well is:

    Joe Edmonson - Region 23 - 6'8" C - G+G+P+G+G-

    I played him at PF and he played against a strong player and put up 23/9 - he is an E- though in wanting to stay close to home, and I am not that close to Kansas City.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •