• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

I've done this or something like it. It's success totally hinges on your ability to pick netters. As such, it can be pretty risky. Even then, you'll usually get a deep class of second tier recruits. You can nab an occasional gem that the group overlooks, but I got Justin Wilcox and Isaiah Stockdale from my net while maxing three or more. So it is more in the picking than how many you pick (of course it does increase your odds of just getting lucky).

Thinking and experimenting in this way is a good thing.

My bro in Odessa kinda did this by accident this cycle. Still didn't understand how to recruit, put like 2 points on 15 guys to start with and is going to max two. He won't be maxing Barclay btw, he is confused about what a max is I believe. PilotDeac, I suggest you ask question here to all these experts if you still don't understand.

Last edited:
I wouldn't do it unless I was a small program. Max 4 and drop 2 if you need to. A max is a huge advantage and the net is unpredictable.

I found an error where a player in the excel file has a different name than online in the recruiting directory. Complete different...not even similar. Weird.

My bro in Odessa kinda did this by accident this cycle. Still didn't understand how to recruit, put like 2 points on 15 guys to start with and is going to max two. He won't be maxing Barclay btw, he is confused about what a max is I believe. PilotDeac, I suggest you ask question here to all these experts if you still don't understand.

I understand just fine brother. Had some confusion, but no more. I got this. Now lets hope I can nap some solid players

I found an error where a player in the excel file has a different name than online in the recruiting directory. Complete different...not even similar. Weird.

Is it the player that some of the realist said was to dumb to be an actual name in a fantasy simulation game? awaken named one Mons Venus and it got changed to Roland Pope I believe. Kmoney went in and changed it after some guys complained. Probably the one you are referring to.

I understand just fine brother. Had some confusion, but no more. I got this. Now lets hope I can nap some solid players

Good deal, I'll stop babying you with recruiting help then :thumbsup:

Is it the player that some of the realist said was to dumb to be an actual name in a fantasy simulation game? awaken named one Mons Venus and it got changed to Roland Pope I believe. Kmoney went in and changed it after some guys complained. Probably the one you are referring to.

Ding Ding

Marvin Haynes r27

still working...

Last max will be Bob Lindstrom r8

If he comes in +4, I'll be disappointed in maxing him.
If he's +5, happy.
+6? ecstatic!

I have him EgFGFe, and his scrimmages were all over the place. What did you guys get from him?

Boca eeked out a 3 point win tonight over Rockford.

Hutchings continues to play strong with 18 pts, goodwin starting at C this year has done well and contributed 17 pts. Holden in his first start had 14 at SG and Gonzalez at the point 12.

Hutchings is showing improvement over last year's play and he'll be scary good next season if I can land some recruits.

Speaking of which:

Erin Atkins NR
Michael Gonzalez NR
Mo Poisson NR
Rene Naquin (10)

1/4 so far PH :)

If it stays that way tomorrow, I'm going to be a very happy coach/recruiter.

Edit: Surprisingly, my net is mostly non-existent in the top 75 as well! Only 2 out of 20 landed in the to rankings. Admittedly, I went a little more conservative on 1/4 of them to be safe, as I had expected at least 3 of my 4 maxes to be in the top 75.

* Fingers Crossed for NRs tomorrow *

Last edited:
Well there is hope in Flagstaff's season after all! We somehow pulled out a 74-73 victory over Frankfort. AP and Albert Stone combined for 43 and everyone else just pitched in just enough. AP got fouled with a second or two left and made 1-2 for the win. Great game awaken and I have no idea how we pulled it out. I'm sure you will be fine with it if your season ends up with a Championship in the case once again.

Recruiting came in pretty solid for us. Deaver is NR, Naquin is 10, Yi is 42, and Doucette is 63. I'll take that as it's what I personally expected. Hope the guys on Doucette are not in conference 32 and i'll feel really solid about landing him. Oh and Naquin is killing it right now. Up to 26 PPG!

Flint is maxing Perkins, Via (38), Stanger, and Clemmons (23).

Two of my initial picks ended up in the top 40. Might have aimed too high.

Damn you, computer, for giving me Jared Eveland instead of Angelo Pedigo! And shame on me for leaving it up to the computer. Frosh Pedigo lit up Sr Stockdale for a 23-8 advantage. Stone over Doyle 20-4. Pedigo tried to choke: only hitting 1 o 4 FT's down the stretch, but the one he hit was the game winner.

Good game, tau. You still have my number. Good luck recruiting, too.

Orlando Vance (36)
Marvin Haynes NR
Bob Lindstrom NR

Net took some damage, but still is pretty good shape overall.

Coaches, be sure to max your maxes before tomorrow mid-day when recruiting is pulled again (all leagues as some leagues turn over). The cpu recruits on Fridays and netters won't be getting any more points. Maxing now will let your NR's bubble up into the Top 75. If they don't, that's a good sign for you.

So, it's looking like Via is a 5/5 or so? Hulett came in unranked, but I know I have company in the the form of Chicago. Boyd Cason was also unranked and would be a 4 year starter for me at SG if I were so lucky as to get him.

Also, we got our first win over Duluth. If I were him, I'd be insulted. It's one of those one-off types of performances that happen, I guess. Duluth had a few too many 4-5 minute scoreless stretches that allow an inferior team to hang in. I can confirm those stretches weren't due to any defensive proficiency by Carbondale, given our defensive rankings. Hopefully, Ph, this is your one "head scratcher" and you have better luck in future games.

Congratulations to Flagstaff for winning the DeACCon Invitational Tournament!

Flagstaff...5-0
Frankfort...4-1
Nashville...2-1
Dearborn....2-1
Boca Raton..2-3
Duluth......1-3
Akron.......1-4
Carbondale..1-5

So, it's looking like Via is a 5/5 or so? Hulett came in unranked, but I know I have company in the the form of Chicago. Boyd Cason was also unranked and would be a 4 year starter for me at SG if I were so lucky as to get him.

Also, we got our first win over Duluth. If I were him, I'd be insulted. It's one of those one-off types of performances that happen, I guess. Duluth had a few too many 4-5 minute scoreless stretches that allow an inferior team to hang in. I can confirm those stretches weren't due to any defensive proficiency by Carbondale, given our defensive rankings. Hopefully, Ph, this is your one "head scratcher" and you have better luck in future games.

Where to begin?

1. My stud SG Ernest Morin scores over a point a minute...yet he only played 18 minutes.
--I have my SGs set on Norm/Norm to try to keep them both fresh and get them around 26/14 minutes. Morin only played 18 minutes despite no injury and only 2 fouls. Now he did pick up 2 fouls in the 1st half and sat from around the 7 minute mark after playing 8 minutes. At that point, he had 11 pts. bSG Xavier Medley had 8 pts in 12 minutes. So then why do Morin and Medley split 10 minutes each in the 2nd half?

2. My PGs held Carbondale's Norman Lewis to 6 pts in the 1st half in 15 minutes. Somehow he finished with 24 pts in 29 minutes.
--Like I posted above, I've been struggling with what to do with Soph PG Eric Wright. He's been a good defender, but there's no point having a pass first PG who gives up a lot of points. He gave up 16 to Carbondale and 10 to Boca. I've done well with pass first PGs in the past, but those teams were stacked with scorers. This team has backcourt scorers and frontcourt rebounders. I'm have to consider going back to my senior PG rule and putting Adam Cox at PG.

3. We had the ball with 17 seconds left and didn't call a timeout and didn't get a good shot off.
-- Up 69-68, Carbondale's Kuhn missed a long 2-pointer with the shot clock running down. In perhaps a summary of the entire game, Jr C Peter Murphy grabbed the rebound dribbled all the way upcourt and heaved a 3-pointer with 5 seconds left. This is a player set to 3/1 only so he doesn't give up the ball on offensive rebounds. WTH?

----------

At least recruiting is going well. None of my maxes are Top 75 and only 2 of my net are. Now that maxes are done I can be more specific why I really like my maxes.

Dan Lash is an absolute stud defender. One my net players averaged 18 pts (52% fg), 4.8 ast, 1.7 to against other PGs. Against Lash he averaged 4.5 pts (24% fg), 2.8 ast, 4.9 to.

Max Aaron Leadbetter had a similar fate. 14.5 pts, 4.3 ast, 1.0 to against others and 8.5 pts, 2.4 ast, 5.1 to against Lash. His percentages stayed solid which convinced me to max him. He's a 50-40-80 guy at worst.

Fritz Curran was a beast at SG in scrimmages. Averaged 19.9 pts on 61/57/78 shooting.

My projections did alright based on Saturday morning numbers. Out of the 146 players on my list, 9 were in the Top 10, 25 were in the Top 30 and 45 were in the Top 75.

If somebody has Friday's Top 75, please post it or PM it to me.

Rank Player Hometown Region
1 Jay Berg Keystone 21
2 Steve Warf Wichita 23
3 Randall Lo Clearwater 10
4 Alexander Green Peoria 16
5 Luis Lynch Gulf Shores 13
6 Stan Hicks Tulsa 26
7 Rickey Winn Lancaster 3
8 Tobiah Elliott Clearwater 10
9 Alexander Singleton Santa Ana 30
10 Rene Naquin Tempe 29
11 Randell Hall Spokane 28
12 Conley Perez Las Vegas 29
13 Janson Vittitoe Huntsville 9
14 Jeffrey Brandt Baton Rouge 11
15 Hakim Watson Aspen 21
16 Brian Montgomery New York City 2
17 Damon Salazar Boise 21
18 Myles Thacker Ithaca 5
19 Martin Whitehurst Boise 21
20 Karl Oneal Culver City 28
21 William Watkins Santa Ana 30
22 George Leffler Tulsa 26
23 Mark Clemmons Des Moines 19
24 Kelvin Nicely Virginia Beach 5
25 Samuel McDaniel Culver City 28
26 Hector Lipp Long Beach 31
27 Willie Shadle Lancaster 3
28 Walt Melton St. Martinville 9
29 Orval Jost Clemson 10
30 John Grant Culver City 28
31 Coby Ybarra Atlantic City 3
32 John August Pittsburgh 3
33 Benjamin Rubin St. Martinville 9
34 Andre Crossland Jacksonville 9
35 Hubie Sturm Daytona 10
36 Orlando Vance Greenville 7
37 Junior Varner Asheville 13
38 Theodore Via Akron 17
39 Rick Smith Phoenix 32
40 Barry Snyder Wilkes-Barre 3
41 Evan Scholz New Orleans 12
42 Jeffrey Yi Branson 17
43 Lawrence Manning Asheville 13
44 Lawrence Stone Nashville 15
45 Samuel Leslie Lincoln 26
46 Cecil Eckhoff Montpelier 6
47 Kenneth Townsend Rochester 6
48 Troy Koenig Cleveland 14
49 Darrell Adams Cleveland 14
50 Roger Barton Memphis 14
51 Tex Becnel Corpus Christi 24
52 Glendon Casey Anchorage 30
53 Walker Carpenter Shreveport 13
54 Joshua Schwab Memphis 14
55 Hugh Farley Beaumont 23
56 Adam Murphy Wichita 23
57 Sam Shupe Laredo 23
58 Fred Harbin Corpus Christi 24
59 Tim Morgan Omaha 24
60 Gregory Wolfe Omaha 24
61 Keith Jennings Tulsa 26
62 Herman Miller Yakima 30
63 Earl Doucette Santa Fe 32
64 Louis Casper Tempe 29
65 Jerry Norcross Eugene 31
66 Norman Huber Canton 14
67 Avery Clyde Madison 17
68 Kenneth Busch Pasadena 32
69 Jorge Flowers Biloxi 12
70 Clarence Whitaker Ames 19
71 Allen Hinson Lexington 19
72 Enrique Schultz Albuquerque 32
73 Morris Duarte Jersey City 1
74 Tony Odum Albany 4
75 Frank Burch Macon 8

Updated: 6/24/2011 4:50:29 PM

If it's in Excel can you just post the names to make it easier?

Player Hometown Region
Jay Berg Keystone 21
Steve Warf Wichita 23
Randall Lo Clearwater 10
Alexander Green Peoria 16
Luis Lynch Gulf Shores 13
Stan Hicks Tulsa 26
Rickey Winn Lancaster 3
Tobiah Elliott Clearwater 10
Alexander Singleton Santa Ana 30
Rene Naquin Tempe 29
Randell Hall Spokane 28
Conley Perez Las Vegas 29
Janson Vittitoe Huntsville 9
Jeffrey Brandt Baton Rouge 11
Hakim Watson Aspen 21
Brian Montgomery New York City 2
Damon Salazar Boise 21
Myles Thacker Ithaca 5
Martin Whitehurst Boise 21
Karl Oneal Culver City 28
William Watkins Santa Ana 30
George Leffler Tulsa 26
Mark Clemmons Des Moines 19
Kelvin Nicely Virginia Beach 5
Samuel McDaniel Culver City 28
Hector Lipp Long Beach 31
Willie Shadle Lancaster 3
Walt Melton St. Martinville 9
Orval Jost Clemson 10
John Grant Culver City 28
Coby Ybarra Atlantic City 3
John August Pittsburgh 3
Benjamin Rubin St. Martinville 9
Andre Crossland Jacksonville 9
Hubie Sturm Daytona 10
Orlando Vance Greenville 7
Junior Varner Asheville 13
Theodore Via Akron 17
Rick Smith Phoenix 32
Barry Snyder Wilkes-Barre 3
Evan Scholz New Orleans 12
Jeffrey Yi Branson 17
Lawrence Manning Asheville 13
Lawrence Stone Nashville 15
Samuel Leslie Lincoln 26
Cecil Eckhoff Montpelier 6
Kenneth Townsend Rochester 6
Troy Koenig Cleveland 14
Darrell Adams Cleveland 14
Roger Barton Memphis 14
Tex Becnel Corpus Christi 24
Glendon Casey Anchorage 30
Walker Carpenter Shreveport 13
Joshua Schwab Memphis 14
Hugh Farley Beaumont 23
Adam Murphy Wichita 23
Sam Shupe Laredo 23
Fred Harbin Corpus Christi 24
Tim Morgan Omaha 24
Gregory Wolfe Omaha 24
Keith Jennings Tulsa 26
Herman Miller Yakima 30
Earl Doucette Santa Fe 32
Louis Casper Tempe 29
Jerry Norcross Eugene 31
Norman Huber Canton 14
Avery Clyde Madison 17
Kenneth Busch Pasadena 32
Jorge Flowers Biloxi 12
Clarence Whitaker Ames 19
Allen Hinson Lexington 19
Enrique Schultz Albuquerque 32
Morris Duarte Jersey City 1
Tony Odum Albany 4
Frank Burch Macon 8

Only the names. It's a pain to separate out all the teams and regions from the list.

Player
Jay Berg
Steve Warf
Randall Lo
Alexander Green
Luis Lynch
Stan Hicks
Rickey Winn
Tobiah Elliott
Alexander Singleton
Rene Naquin
Randell Hall