• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

At the risk of sounding inexperienced. What is and where do I find HS stars?

Recruiting still looks good in Boca. I like my chances at getting 2-3 recruits out of my maxes. Certainly have enough in the net to come away with 3.

Game Results, HS Stars - not the most intuitive place to put it.

Boca got a 80-63 win over the 2nd best conference 13 team (IMO) FT Myers tonight. The win improved us to 5-0 and pushed our PR to a personal high #6.

Bert Hutchings put in 21 pts 9 boards leading the team in both categories.

Recruting is still looking great:
Rene Naquin (1)
Mo Poisson (55)
Erin Atkins
Michael Gonzalez

Still only 3 of my net in top 75!

Pretty good start to the season for me... 4-1 so far, and ranked #51. Only loss is to the #7 Sumter team, but my best win is against #55 (sorry deacfan2). Big game on Friday against the best team in the conference.

Recruiting isn't going as well I guess, though I don't have a great grasp on it yet. Targeting 4 players full out, three centers, since my only player over 6-6 is a senior.

Myles Thacker (17)
Cecil Eckhoff (42)
Kenneth Townsend (43)
Duane Feeley

I targeted Eckhoff because he is in my region and I could use a shooter, but he isn't a necessity.

Still having trouble with my lineup. Lost an OT FTs. game to #78 Kalamazoo. They hit a last second 3-pointer to tie the game at 71 and we had nothing after that and lost 85-74. Two of my bigs panicked and chucked up 3-pointers down 6 with 1:30 left and they just kept hitting shots. It was embarrassing.

My lineup changes aren't working. I think I'm just going to sit two of my freshmen bigs and go small with a lineup similar to last year.

Recruiting is still looking good. No changes. My struggles have confirmed my decision to max Duluth's 6-9 Warren Donnelly. He looks like he's going to end up around 20/10 in HS and he's not Top 75 yet. I'd be shocked if he didn't stay at GFFEFF. He could be the key to actually scoring in the post next year.

Cincinnati is going to officially request a move to Blacksburg, as we continue beating up on the poor and helpless - 5-0.

Best win? Against the team ranked 160. At least I got to see my team in the top 25 for a couple of days.

My recruiting is all over the place, I am pretty sure I have my first two, but I am in desperate need of a big man.

Flagstaff picked up a 94-78 win over Tacoma last night. Stone was great as usual with 20/8 and we had 4 others in double figures. We also had 14 blocks which I think is a record for me. I found the magical settings for Claude Snodgrass, at least for one game. He was a 1/1 and still took 6 shots, hopefully he's just a chucker and I have to have him at 1/1 for him to take good shots. He went 5/6 with 5 boards and 5 assist. I'd take that from him every game.

Up next is Yuma. Recruiting still looks the same, Yi, Naquin, and Doucette are all top 25, while Deaver is still NA. REALLY need Deaver to come in a CL. Have some other options in my net but am not betting on having them to my self. TONS of movement in the Top75 this season, should make for an interesting recruiting season.

Frankfort got a surprising 30 pt win over Paducah (who we split with LY), and solid 15 pt win over Carbondale. I encourage the new coaches to develop a rivalry with another coach, and engage in some friendly banter/trash talk. The alternative is some stale, respectful script you hear from NASCAR drivers and country music stars: "I'd like to thank my sponsors, and most of all my fans - you're great!" DiV and I are rivals. I had a running joke on Carbondale's fat chicks, and DiV countered by calling Frankfort pre-op trannies. We didn't get around to pre-game trash talk this time, but I still encourage others to develop a rivalry. Everyone needs a nemesis.

Got my friend in Grand Rapids tonight. He maxed Wayne Bigley r11,
Alexander Green (3) r16, Jeffrey Yi (21) r17, Rene Naquin (1) r29. How many is that on Naquin that we know of?

For me, Orlando Vance is now #11 and Marvin Haynes enters the Top 75 at #60. Thankfully, Lindstrom is still NR. I knew Vance was going to be popular - he's my Naquin replacement. Net is looking pretty good overall, but I'm worried about unranked guys being single maxes. Just need a couple to sneak through. As DiV said earlier, it will be interesting to see how recruiting changes with the league filling up.

Frankfort got a surprising 30 pt win over Paducah (who we split with LY), and solid 15 pt win over Carbondale. I encourage the new coaches to develop a rivalry with another coach, and engage in some friendly banter/trash talk. The alternative is some stale, respectful script you hear from NASCAR drivers and country music stars: "I'd like to thank my sponsors, and most of all my fans - you're great!" DiV and I are rivals. I had a running joke on Carbondale's fat chicks, and DiV countered by calling Frankfort pre-op trannies. We didn't get around to pre-game trash talk this time, but I still encourage others to develop a rivalry. Everyone needs a nemesis.

Got my friend in Grand Rapids tonight. He maxed Wayne Bigley r11,
Alexander Green (3) r16, Jeffrey Yi (21) r17, Rene Naquin (1) r29. How many is that on Naquin that we know of?

For me, Orlando Vance is now #11 and Marvin Haynes enters the Top 75 at #60. Thankfully, Lindstrom is still NR. I knew Vance was going to be popular - he's my Naquin replacement. Net is looking pretty good overall, but I'm worried about unranked guys being single maxes. Just need a couple to sneak through. As DiV said earlier, it will be interesting to see how recruiting changes with the league filling up.

Wish there were any active coaches in conference 32. Guess i'll settle for forming a rivalry with my brohter in Odessa. He's pretty easy to fight with anyway :heart:

As for Naquin, from message boards I have Flagstaff, Naples, Philly, and Boca on him so far. Might have missed another Deac in this thread that said they were on him though. I'm going on the record and guessing he'll be a 9/9. Hope I grab the right straw!

Oh also, pretty excited for the reveal in League 15 tonight, how is your recruiting looking warak? If I can clear my one NR max (who is a stud SG) and my 6'7 banger i've been putting points on since the second week, i'd feel REALLY good about recruiting. Still pretty optimistic regardless.

I'm trying out a new system that rates players based on expected production and assigns them a type. I need to test it out using PGs. Give me some names of PGs you've had in the past and I'll see if my system can accurately tell you what kind of player they are/were.

Also, if you had to assign an importance of Points, Assists, Steals, and Turnovers to a PG in terms of percentages adding up to 100%, what would they be (ex. 30% Points, 40% Assists, 10% Steals, 20% Turnovers).

Oh also, pretty excited for the reveal in League 15 tonight, how is your recruiting looking warak? If I can clear my one NR max (who is a stud SG) and my 6'7 banger i've been putting points on since the second week, i'd feel REALLY good about recruiting. Still pretty optimistic regardless.

recruiting is going pretty well in L15. It is always difficult to ensure 3 players but i like what i have so far...

maxes:
Randy Torres r13 - #52
Daniel Benton r26 - #64
Joseph Dahlem r26 - NL

net of an additional 26 with only 1 in the top 75

i expect Dahlem to be 0/0...he is really not putting up great numbers but has great ratings and scrimmages close to his F- scouted ratings. he will be a steal, imo, because he plays next to a jacker (Aldo Lytle).

who are the players you are talking about (don't want to waste any more rpe)?

Last edited:
I'm trying out a new system that rates players based on expected production and assigns them a type. I need to test it out using PGs. Give me some names of PGs you've had in the past and I'll see if my system can accurately tell you what kind of player they are/were.

Also, if you had to assign an importance of Points, Assists, Steals, and Turnovers to a PG in terms of percentages adding up to 100%, what would they be (ex. 30% Points, 40% Assists, 10% Steals, 20% Turnovers).

Shot Def Hands Reb Int Ath
15%..25%..40%..0%..10%..10%

To find the Frankfort PG's, all I had to do is look in our rafters. We are PGU:

Timothy Joyce
Andrew Gillman
Williams Wilson
Quincy Cheng
Jacob Lane
Jaime Mayberry
Sam Mooneyhan
Quinn Grady
Jerrold Salazar
LeRoi House
Hanno Lear
Isaiah Stockdale
Jodie Bothwell
Jared Eveland

We got more EGG's than a caviar factory.
We had so many EGGo's, we could make waffles.

In this review, I saw a 6'11 center we signed who was sick-nasty:

Eric Cardiel EEPGEG

got him from a 1/1 tie (!) with......

wait for it.....

Carbondale
(paper cut, meet lemon)

Last edited:
I'm doing it by stats without respect to predicted ratings.

I started messing around with a system I'm creating this past offseason where I did just that (except I kept reb and blk in). I have zero track record with it, obviously.

Here is my first distribution I'm using:
Pts 24
Reb 7
Ast 28
Stl 14
TO 23
Blk 4

recruiting is going pretty well in L15. It is always difficult to ensure 3 players but i like what i have so far...

maxes:
Randy Torres r13 - #52
Daniel Benton r26 - #64
Joseph Dahlem r26 - NL

net of an additional 26 with only 1 in the top 75

i expect Dahlem to be 0/0...he is really not putting up great numbers but has great ratings and scrimmages close to his F- scouted ratings. he will be a steal, imo, because he plays next to a jacker (Aldo Lytle).

who are the players you are talking about (don't want to waste any more rpe)?

Nice, I did a strategy where i maxed four the first week and dropped off one to build a net after that. The guy I dropped was Randy Torres. Good luck with him, he looks really solid.

I have Merle Stone from region 5 as a NR right now, he's the stud i'm hoping in a CL.

Then my net is pretty crappy, I've got Jeff Winger up to 31 RP (region 18), Chico Neff up to 24 (region 16), and Ryan Pattison up to 20 (region 4).

I don't think there is any way Neff isn't maxed, but I feel Winger and Pattison may be overlooked so I'm hoping I can get one or both of them clear.

My other two maxes are at 56 and 42 respectively, and are both studs, so if there is any way I could get one of them in like a 2/2 tie i'd be thrilled.

I'm using boards and blocks for the frontcourt just not guards.

Nice, I did a strategy where i maxed four the first week and dropped off one to build a net after that. The guy I dropped was Randy Torres. Good luck with him, he looks really solid.

I have Merle Stone from region 5 as a NR right now, he's the stud i'm hoping in a CL.

Then my net is pretty crappy, I've got Jeff Winger up to 31 RP (region 18), Chico Neff up to 24 (region 16), and Ryan Pattison up to 20 (region 4).

I don't think there is any way Neff isn't maxed, but I feel Winger and Pattison may be overlooked so I'm hoping I can get one or both of them clear.

My other two maxes are at 56 and 42 respectively, and are both studs, so if there is any way I could get one of them in like a 2/2 tie i'd be thrilled.

i think you are the second person i read that will drop or dropped Torres...:)

87-49 win over a weak opponent with the new-old lineup. We'll see how it goes.

Still no change in recruiting. I'm shocked. We'll see what happens after I add points tonight.

Lost my game by 2 in OT. Moved him up a couple spots in the rankings, but dropped me down into the 70s.

Back