• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

tau, give me some names and I'll post what I've got.

Ph, here is what I've got, going back through my tenure in Flagstaff. Don't have the ratings that they showed up on campus with or HS stats but I figure you have most of their HS stuff. the season X recruit is the season they are freshmen on campus, don't know the "normal" way of listing this stuff.

Angelo Pedigo -Season 66 recruit
Claude Snodgrass - Season 64 recruit
Brant Hamilton - Season 63 recruit
Derek Starbuck - Season 64 recruit
Ronnie Dasilva - Season 60 recruit
Barry Russell - Season 60 recruit
Joshua Yoon - Season 60 recruit
Michael Stone - Season 57 recruit
Harold Barrie - Season 54 recruit
Rodger Peach - Season 49 recruit.

And going back and looking at this just makes me sad, i've had some good teams and still haven't picked up that elusive title. Appreciate you posting this btw.

yeah, recruiting went poorly for me as well in L15. it could have been worse but i will have to win a tie to get myself into a decent class...

Randy Torres 2/2
Daniel Benton 3/3
Joseph Dahlem 0/0

i have 1 player in my net 0/0, but he is really a fall back option. i may have an option or two, but it could be a waste of time as i am behind on every other recruit. any extra big men out there let me know!

Well that's not awful. I feel like Torres is a pretty good bargin for a 2/2. If Dahlem is good then you should avoid any kind of disaster class. I'm really interested to see how Merle Stone comes in for me. He's good scouted EGFF_G like I said but his defense is G-. He has played great defense for me in scrimmages against a Jimmy Darmody (something Like Exc scout EGGG_G and has more really outplayed him. He's also played extremely defensively against Torres and a few other guys. IF he holds his G defense, I really feel like i'll have a player on my hands. Pairing him with Michaels for 4 years in only my third season as a coach would really be awesome and a great building block for the program. Shades of Wilcox and Lear :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. An 8.1 in my system is an elite player. He'd rate as the 3rd best PG in this class.

My system is different than yours. The post above shows how different factors affect a PG's stats. So in order to find out a player's true stats, you've got to see how PGs with the same ratings did and compare like that. Without getting into a long explanation of linear regression, I project what HS stats a player would have as a PG playing on a pretty good team (Good team ratings in every stat).

For example, Black's HS stats came on a team that was Exc shooting, which negatively affects a PG's scoring. This year's Boca HS senior average 15, 17, and 18 pts. Black didn't score because he didn't need to score.

I projected his "true" stats as 20.7 pts, 3.4 reb, 3.5 ast, 0.8 stl, 0.8 ast, 0.4 blk.

I like the idea of adding in their HS stats for estimates. Might have to do that on my end. The one difference I realize your doing that I am not is taking out certain stats based on the projected position. I guess, I kind of feel like while it may not be the reason I draft a guy (RB at PG, Assist at C, etc) it's still ability. If 2 PGs are very close Points, Assists and Turnovers wise, I'd take the one that will give me some extra rebounding, blocks etc.

This way If I need to, I can put him in at other positions and of course these sim players don't always want to play where I think they should! Darn you Crandall!! :)

You're basically giving a player more points for the stats relative to the position they play, where as I am giving all players points based on the stats relative to each other. Ie a Pt has a value, a rebound another, steals etc based on how I value the stats to each other with some adjustment for expected drop in scoring (hs to college) etc.

Ph, here is what I've got, going back through my tenure in Flagstaff. Don't have the ratings that they showed up on campus with or HS stats but I figure you have most of their HS stuff. the season X recruit is the season they are freshmen on campus, don't know the "normal" way of listing this stuff.

Angelo Pedigo -Season 66 recruit
Claude Snodgrass - Season 64 recruit
Brant Hamilton - Season 63 recruit
Derek Starbuck - Season 64 recruit
Ronnie Dasilva - Season 60 recruit
Barry Russell - Season 60 recruit
Joshua Yoon - Season 60 recruit
Michael Stone - Season 57 recruit
Harold Barrie - Season 54 recruit
Rodger Peach - Season 49 recruit.

And going back and looking at this just makes me sad, i've had some good teams and still haven't picked up that elusive title. Appreciate you posting this btw.

If you just post the names, I can just cut and paste it in Excel and find them. I remember right off hand that Yoon rated very high.

Does this fit your recollection of them?

Angelo Pedigo 1.8
Claude Snodgrass 8.4 Scorer Defender Ballhandler
Derek Starbuck 6.1 Defender
Brant Hamilton 6.7 Defender
Joshua Yoon 8.7 Passer Defender Ballhandler
Ronnie Dasilva 2.6
Barry Russell 7.8 Scorer Ballhandler
Harold Barrie 4.9
Rodger Peach 5.2

Last edited:
Any idea why my top 35 doesn't show the top w/3 w/12?

I also got my first win last game 107-102, but my schedule doesn't show up on my coach page.

Any ideas?

Here are a few of mine that I can compare with your system:

Marcus Metcalf
Tony Gonzalez
Gilbert Holden
DB Cannon
Louis Kendrick
Monroe Crandall

Any idea why my top 35 doesn't show the top w/3 w/12?

I also got my first win last game 107-102, but my schedule doesn't show up on my coach page.

Any ideas?

The W/3 and W/12 won't show until the reveal which happens Friday night.

The Schedule shows up under the My Team Stats page.

Here are a few of mine that I can compare with your system:

Marcus Metcalf
Tony Gonzalez
Gilbert Holden
DB Cannon
Louis Kendrick
Monroe Crandall

Gilbert Holden 2.77 Defender
Tony Gonzalez 3.87
Marcus Metcalf 6.70 Passer Ballhandler
DB Cannon 4.47
Louis Kendrick -0.02
Monroe Crandall 1.88

Gilbert Holden 2.77 Defender
Tony Gonzalez 3.87
Marcus Metcalf 6.70 Passer Ballhandler
DB Cannon 4.47
Louis Kendrick -0.02
Monroe Crandall 1.88

DB Cannon FFGFEG +4 486 career assists #1 boca history.
Kendrick GFFEFF +3 - Pretty good scorer but never got much playing time. Had several games of 12-17 points.
Metcalf GFEFFP +3/-1 - a career NA player who only played bPG as a FR. A few 2-3 turnover games that season.
Holden GGFFEF +4 10 pts, 1.9 rb, 1.2 a, 0.2 b, 0.8 stl,0.8 to (all per game) - Holden's defense isn't as good as a G should be. in scrimmages, I've often loss games with him at SG that were wins with someone else at SG.
Gonzo GGGPGF +4/-1 - He would have had more playing time if not for DB Cannon but Gonzo's JR and SR years have been solid. 13 ppg (approx), 2.5 rb, 3.8 a, 0.3 b, 1.0 stl, 1.0 to (JR/SR Years)

Interesting comparing them, especially with you having Metcalf so high but Cannon, Holden and Gonzo have all contributed more to my team.

It's interesting that you have two NA guys that my system has as being good players.

It comes down to what you want from a player and what your team needs. Also settings matter as well. This tells you what they're projected to do on a good HS team as a starting PG playing 5/5.

I'll add that I don't plan on using this to project who to max or even who to play at what position. I plan to use it solely to decide who to scrimmage and at what positions.

It's interesting that you have two NA guys that my system has as being good players.

It comes down to what you want from a player and what your team needs. Also settings matter as well. This tells you what they're projected to do on a good HS team as a starting PG playing 5/5.

I'll add that I don't plan on using this to project who to max or even who to play at what position. I plan to use it solely to decide who to scrimmage and at what positions.

I'm not sure if it's because those two players had worse supporting players (being in my building years) or if I haven't given them a fair enough shot. Maybe both?

All I know is for both, neither performed particularly well in scrimmages or real games so they ended up riding the pine.

I don't think any system is perfect at determining player quality and really couldn't be without knowing the true guts of player attributes.

While it's certainly not perfect, my numbers have been pretty good at determining production of players on my roster with a few exceptions of course.

Ranked based on how much they have contributed during their careers:
DB Cannon 7.40
Tony Gonzalez 6.39
Gilbert Holden 5.04
Louis Kendrick 7.24
Marcus Metcalf 5.45

I'd love to figure out a way to predict good defensive players as steals and blocks are only one aspect of defense. Holding a guy to 20% shooting is just as important as steals and blocks.

So I give you my PG names and you rate them?

Cameron Greathouse
Jonathan Sandell
Darrell Johnson
Huxley Ford
Jeremy McPherson
Archie Hash

Cameron Greathouse
Jonathan Sandell
Darrell Johnson
Huxley Ford
Jeremy McPherson
Archie Hash

My files only go back to season 60. If you happen to have the old Excel files for previous seasons, I'd be happy to provide #s. Actually would like to get a copy of season 59 for my inaugural class if someone has it.

Cameron Greathouse 7.51
Jonathan Sandell 8.06

Your Freshmen class:
Tyrone Rugen 7.42
Grant Harwood 6.82
Merton Jackson 5.30

Last edited:

Cameron Greathouse
Jonathan Sandell
Darrell Johnson
Huxley Ford
Jeremy McPherson
Archie Hash

Cameron Greathouse 5.95 Passer Ballhandler
Jonathan Sandell 4.01
Huxley Ford 1.30
Jeremy McPherson 7.01 Scorer Defender
Archie Hash 6.77 Passer Defender

Stormfury, I've got files going back to S46. PM me your e-mail and I'll send them to you.

If you just post the names, I can just cut and paste it in Excel and find them. I remember right off hand that Yoon rated very high.

Does this fit your recollection of them?

Angelo Pedigo 1.8
Claude Snodgrass 8.4 Scorer Defender Ballhandler
Derek Starbuck 6.1 Defender
Brant Hamilton 6.7 Defender
Joshua Yoon 8.7 Passer Defender Ballhandler
Ronnie Dasilva 2.6
Barry Russell 7.8 Scorer Ballhandler
Harold Barrie 4.9
Rodger Peach 5.2

Thanks Ph, here is what I have or remember off hand for each:

Angelo Pedigo 1.8 EFGFFG
Claude Snodgrass 8.4 Scorer Defender Ballhandler GGGGFG
Derek Starbuck 6.1 Defender FEGFFE
Brant Hamilton 6.7 Defender FEGGFE
Joshua Yoon 8.7 Passer Defender Ballhandler Think Yoon was GEGGFG
Ronnie Dasilva 2.6 EEGGFF
Barry Russell 7.8 Scorer Ballhandler GGEFGF
Harold Barrie 4.9 Can't remember but the kid could play, maybe GGGFFE
Rodger Peach 5.2 Season assist leader in Flagstaff, had E hands and G int. Not sure about everything else.

Not a bad group of guys i've had. Surprised Yoon was the heighest, always had trouble finding a spot for him. Also surprised how low Pedigo is, but he's more of an undersized 2 in your system id say.

Boca improved to 8-0 with an 93-59 win over Shreveport.

Game ball goes to Leon Cochran with 20/10 and 3 assists, 2 blocks and a steal.

Tony Gonzalez tossed 9 assists to go along with his 16 points. Holden had 17 and Hutchings 15.

As expected our PR dropped, but only to #5.

Next up our Conference Rival Gulf Shores who have fallen on hard times with a 4-4 record.

Eager for Friday's reveal:
Rene Naquin (1)
Mo Poisson (33)
Michael Gonzalez
Erin Atkins

Optimistic at getting 2 verbals Friday. :)

Blah i'm in a quandary. Ran Sr. Brant Hamilton at PG this past game and he played really well. AP played well at SG and we played well as a team. But AP, imo, is not a SG and will get torn apart on the defensive end at the 2 guard. Hamilton can guard the 2 fine but is a better distributor and scorer at the 1 than the 2. My bSG Eric Sullivan, just isn't as good as the other two. Decisions, decisions. AP has played so well in big games i'm really afraid to change anything but the "senior PG bump" for Hamilton really intrigues me. Uncool.

Maybe just need a change of tempo/defense to bring the best out of my guys. More work to do on the chalkboard for coach Pilot.

Looking at recruiting, still the same. REALLY would like to pull in Naquin or Doucette. The scoring stats they are putting up from the C spot in HS is just stupid. My stud C, Albert Stone didn't even put up 20 ppg in HS and he's killing it in his second year. These two both make his stats look pedestrian.

Great game for Duluth. We racked up a 83-65 win over an undefeated Little Rock team, our second with a new lineup that mirrors last year's lineup. Soph PG Eric Wright got embarrassed with 0 pts, 5 turnovers, 4 fouls and no assists. Thankfully he only played 23 minutes and bPG provided a steady 4 asts with no turnovers. I desperately need to recruit a PG who can send Wright to the bench. I can't afford a PG who I can't trust to score.

Thankfully, Morin and Cox came to play. My SG and SF had 23 and 21 each. Sr bSG Xavier Medley continues to impress with 10 points on 5-5 shooting. I'm averaging just over 30 ppg on 53% shooting from the SG position.

Recruiting is the same. Just got to figure out which net players I'm going to add points to. I've got probably the deepest net I've had in a long time and I think I'm may clear at least one player at the reveal.

Last edited:
Back