• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Ph did you send those files over? I haven't gotten anything.

Cincy moves to 8-0 and is proud to be the last of the 7 deacon managers in the top 25. I have one more game before the start of my 3 game slide.

So, in terms of recruiting, when the recruits are looking at winning as one of the factors, is it solely based on the current year? Or past years? And is "winning" defined as number of games won, or how far the team got in the tournament(s)?

Cincy moves to 8-0 and is proud to be the last of the 7 deacon managers in the top 25. I have one more game before the start of my 3 game slide.

So, in terms of recruiting, when the recruits are looking at winning as one of the factors, is it solely based on the current year? Or past years? And is "winning" defined as number of games won, or how far the team got in the tournament(s)?

I think the consensus is that recruits look at your PR (power ranking) the season in which they are a recruit, and then the two years preceding that season. So 3 years total. We think/know that it is weighted towards the most recent season and the 2 years back PF the least. There is also a "bonus" that you get when your team has improved its final PR for each of the 3 seasons considered by the recruit. Winning is defined as the PR of the team.

Also, read something interesting a few days ago on the DTL message boards. People were basically saying that the computer coaches recruit players with good to ECX local preferences in their conference, regardless of win or impact prefs. Thought this was pretty interesting and can really help you figure out, before the reveal, why a player may be highly maxed and allow you to decide to drop or stay on said player. There was also so talk about this only worked when the CPU coach had enough psuedo-credits to make this work (got a little lost here) but that in some conferences this wouldn't happen because the CPU coach would run out of credits before the recruiting season was over. This definitely happens in the leagues like 15 where everyone is given a ton of psuedo-credits. Just an interesting thought i hadn't seen discussed here.

Also, read something interesting a few days ago on the DTL message boards. People were basically saying that the computer coaches recruit players with good to ECX local preferences in their conference, regardless of win or impact prefs. Thought this was pretty interesting and can really help you figure out, before the reveal, why a player may be highly maxed and allow you to decide to drop or stay on said player. There was also so talk about this only worked when the CPU coach had enough psuedo-credits to make this work (got a little lost here) but that in some conferences this wouldn't happen because the CPU coach would run out of credits before the recruiting season was over. This definitely happens in the leagues like 15 where everyone is given a ton of psuedo-credits. Just an interesting thought i hadn't seen discussed here.

I'm not sure how psuedo credits come into play. Are you saying the CPU actually runs scrimmages?

I read that the CPU coaches recruit G to E local preference players in their own conferences. So I was tempted to try and put a weight on that in a top 75 ranking system. So basically if their is a CPU coach in a conference the first 3-4 players in that conference with G or E local would be maxed. I think we'd need to test that to figure out how the CPU determines First players. There are currently 4 CPU coaches (*) in L7.

Dearborn - 98
Ann Arbor - 55

they are not a great team, and it showed last night. Travers got 16/10 and 5 D and Clanton, FR bPF, got 24/5 in 22 minutes on 10-14 shooting to lead the way to the victory.

big game against Nashville on Friday to take the conference championship, more or less. if we win the game we still need to beat Green Bay and Bloomington but if Nashville wins they don't really play anyone, in conference, that can beat them and should run the table. Nashville has some trouble scoring but the rebound like the best of them...should be a good, close game!

recruiting:
Barclay #28 - expect 4/4
Bergeron #40 - he really jumped in the standings in the second round of recruiting. i believe a lot of teams recruited him in their nets. expect 2/2
Coyne #19 - he continues to go higher in the top75. expect 4/4

as you can see, i had to drop Green (#4) to work on my net and it will be important since i haven't won a > 1/1 tie since Jimmy Claypool (3/3) in S59! can i say now that i will need any scraps?

Abandoned teams use the Auto Recruiter, which runs at a cost. This may be where the pseudo credit issue comes in. The Auto Recruiter appears to recruit randomly in conference, recruits with a strong local preference. Teams turned over to a cpu coach tend to recruit nationally and randomly. Haven't read that thread yet though...

Abandoned teams use the Auto Recruiter, which runs at a cost. This may be where the pseudo credit issue comes in. The Auto Recruiter appears to recruit randomly in conference, recruits with a strong local preference. Teams turned over to a cpu coach tend to recruit nationally and randomly. Haven't read that thread yet though...

Bingo. This is what I was trying to say.

Bingo. This is what I was trying to say.

Kind of lame that the programmer wouldn't make the CPU coached teams either ignore this or have the Pseudo credits you get each season default to enough for the CPU to utilize the auto recruiter.

Kind of funny that it would do that.

Hmm.. Does this mean you should max guys the CPU auto recruits, given that he won't have enough points to keep maxing and others will avoid because of high ratings. Something to ponder... :)

I sent scrimmages to stormfury, tau, and warak to test my new lineup that seems to working well. Please accept with your best lineups. Thanks.

I sent scrimmages to stormfury, tau, and warak to test my new lineup that seems to working well. Please accept with your best lineups. Thanks.

done!

Flagstaff has accepted. Tell ur guys to not be so intimidated tjos time, I want the A game :p

Flagstaff has accepted. Tell ur guys to not be so intimidated tjos time, I want the A game :p

I upped the balls setting, so I hope that works.

Kind of lame that the programmer wouldn't make the CPU coached teams either ignore this or have the Pseudo credits you get each season default to enough for the CPU to utilize the auto recruiter.

Kind of funny that it would do that.

Hmm.. Does this mean you should max guys the CPU auto recruits, given that he won't have enough points to keep maxing and others will avoid because of high ratings. Something to ponder... :)

I do see your point, and I, too, am a bit frustrated with how lame the Auto Recruiter and cpu (c*) recruit (note distinction). But I remind myself that the AR is designed as a stop-gap. If it were too good, coaches would just neglect recruiting and let the AR do it. If it were too bad, then it doesn't have its intended value of salvaging a recruiting season when a coach forgets or is away. So it is trying to walk in a pretty gray area by design.

I do wish the cpu's recruited more competitively. When leagues are only half full, there needs to be some legitimate competition. The cpu needs to asses value and fit% (from prefs) to get its targets. I would devise about 12 distinct recruiting plans for cpu's to randomly choose from, so not to be too
predictable: recruit only nationally/locally/both, consider/blind to team needs, max 2/3 and net intelligently. We've seen the cpu programmed intelligently on other aspects of recruiting, so this is possible. Just another suggestion to put on the growing list of tweaks to the game.

Don't know about you guys, but I am itching for the reveal tonight.....

:thumbsup:

Oh yeah. I went all in on three net guys. I could either have 7 good players at 0/0 or I could have 7 players at 1/1 and 2/2 and only enough points to max 4 of them. It's a big risk.

Oh yeah. I went all in on three net guys. I could either have 7 good players at 0/0 or I could have 7 players at 1/1 and 2/2 and only enough points to max 4 of them. It's a big risk.

who are they? lol:thumbsup:

Yes, anxious for the reveal as well. I suspect we'll see a lot of each other in our nets.

Recruiting looking good for me. I maxed 4 players every week (I know, not the best strategy), and they came in at a 3/3, 0/0, 0/0, and 1/1. At this point, should I back off the two 0/0s a bit to find a replacement for the 3/3?

Back