• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Dearborn didn't do very well in the reveal but could potentially put a class together.

maxes:
Lyle Blanchard 2/2
Buck Wilde 1/2
Edgar Munoz 4/4

Net:
Francois Culver 2/4

after that it gets tricky...only 2 or 3 guys in play. may be a walk-on year. this is why you do your research on players!

if anyone has extra, it would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Lineups for the first 3 games of Round 2 will be due Thursday night, not tonight. Results for Round 1 will be posted tonight.

Sorry for the delay.

In a 118-61 beatdown of C13 bottomfeeder Asheville, the Rachelwoods shot an unbelievable 21/35 (.600) from 3 last night. We actually shot better from 3 than from 2 (where we were 18/40).

We moved up in the L7 rankings to:
#2 in 3PM (9.0)
#2 in 3P% (.489)
#2 in TS% (.616)
#3 in Points Scored (95.9)
#23 in FG% (.526)

WE SCORIN'

Dearborn didn't do very well in the reveal but could potentially put a class together.

maxes:
Lyle Blanchard 2/2
Buck Wilde 1/2
Edgar Munoz 4/4

Net:
Francois Culver 2/4

after that it gets tricky...only 2 or 3 guys in play. may be a walk-on year. this is why you do your research on players!

if anyone has extra, it would be appreciated!

I'm the one that is back some points on Wilde, i'm dropping off him. I soft maxed the wrong person, whoops!!

But same here, if anyone has an extra forward recruit available that you wanna share it would be much appreciated!

Its gonna be a huge boom or bust year for both of my teams this year. Here's praying I get some luck and not walkons

Evansville Rachelwoods 100
Boca Raton Storm 71

This was a statement game, I guess. I meant to tweak some things heading into this one, but never actually submitted my coaching instructions. One of those things was turning my 3PT shooting way down; I had it turned up for the Zone and Norm defenses I've been facing, and I thought that Boca's man defense would eat my perimeter game alive. Instead, we shot 15/28 from deep, with Jerry Kennedy's 6/9 three point performance fueling a 30 point night for him. I also wanted to get more minutes from Kennedy and Bryan Moore, but the two played just 53 combined minutes (scoring 56 combined points). In the end, we put together maybe our most impressive game of the season, though we did still leave something to be desired on the defensive end.

And it's a good thing, too, because tonight was important for us to finally prove we could convincingly beat elite competition, something we hadn't really done since our 25 point win over currently #1 Odessa in the preseason. We needed tonight. Two more wins to finish out the season should push us into the Top 25. Just playing for NTT seeding now.

We've done pretty well against the soft underbelly of our schedule. Since our loss to Frankfort, we've rattled off 9 in a row- though only 4 teams were top 100. So, up next are the slap-fighting nancy boys in Featured Game C. Our bouts haven't been the Featured Game in a while, and I don't recall them ever working out for me very well.

Recruiting is not shaping up as well as last year. Still in a 4/4 and a 2/2 tie on my remaining maxes. Cleared Brett Rahman(r12), who should make for a decent shooting guard. Also have a dumb-as-a-sack-of-hammers PG type player. Not much else in the net for me.

Evansville Rachelwoods 100
Boca Raton Storm 71

This was a statement game, I guess. I meant to tweak some things heading into this one, but never actually submitted my coaching instructions. One of those things was turning my 3PT shooting way down; I had it turned up for the Zone and Norm defenses I've been facing, and I thought that Boca's man defense would eat my perimeter game alive. Instead, we shot 15/28 from deep, with Jerry Kennedy's 6/9 three point performance fueling a 30 point night for him. I also wanted to get more minutes from Kennedy and Bryan Moore, but the two played just 53 combined minutes (scoring 56 combined points). In the end, we put together maybe our most impressive game of the season, though we did still leave something to be desired on the defensive end.

And it's a good thing, too, because tonight was important for us to finally prove we could convincingly beat elite competition, something we hadn't really done since our 25 point win over currently #1 Odessa in the preseason. We needed tonight. Two more wins to finish out the season should push us into the Top 25. Just playing for NTT seeding now.

Congrats. The torch has officially been handed. Hope you have a long and prosperous reign.

Recruiting ended up ok in Cincy-ville - granted I thought it was really good last year and ended up with a poop-tastic recruiting class:

Ty Wilson (1/1 max tie) - G scouted F+G-G+G-G- - thinking he comes in between +4 & +7 - highest end would be GGGGEG - which is possible, but his rebounding and defense could drop and a 3.9/69 may only be G intelligence. Would be an awesome get as he would slide into the PG spot and allow me to move one of my G shot, E hands guys to shift to SG.

Rocky Porter (2/2 max tie) - F- scouted F+F+F-G+F+ - thinking he comes in around GGFEFF - his defense and scoring seem fine in my scrimmages. Kinda shocked to see him at a 2/2 tie, expected a 1/1 or CL on him, but he does have good stats.

Levi Love (0/1) - F+ scouted F+F+G+F-G- - loved that I got him without a tie, then I only put a few points on him last week since I didn't have much time to really think, and someone creeped up to within 12. At 6'8" he is a solid SF - his low rebound numbers will hurt, and he could drop to P rebounding, but I don't think so. I like him at GGGFGG - but there is a chance his defense drops - thinking he has to bump in scoring

Robbie Towery (CL) - F+ scouted P+E-F-G+F+ - liked this guy a lot in scrimmages and should be an automatic upgrade at PF for me. He scores enough, even at a sub 50% shooting percentage, that I think he ends up at F scoring, and comes out as FEFEFF - with a 3.3/56 test score pretty sure he stays at F - and I have no idea how to gauge Athleticism, but getting a CL on a guy who is averaging 14/11.5 points/rebounds in high school, I am pretty happy

Rudolph Leake (0/5) - F- scouted E+F+F+N+F+ - outside of his scoring, there isn't much to like about him, but he reminds me of my first big recruit, Lee Cousins, who is Cincy's career scoring leader and came in at EFFFFF and was a scoring machine. Leake can score, and he may end up coming in as high as EGGPFF, but I think it is more a +2/-1 guy that as a last option isn't that bad as a score first SG/SF off the bench.

Back from a week in Orlando - conference and vacation. Seems the entire population of Carbondale was down there. Goodness gracious, Americans are fat slobs. Recruited right after games last Friday. No big changes. Recruited pretty conservatively this time, and may regret doing so.

Gilbert Fuller 1/1
Roy Rawlinson 2/2 - would have liked a CL here or with Fuller
Ronald Scroggins 2/2 - not bad
Neil Gross 0/1 with RSF. He probably leads with better local pref fit.
Working on some net CL's. Too soon to list.

So I was going through old box scores this morning, and I was really struck by how well Jake Evans shut down the Great John Lawson. Lawson was huge in big games throughout his career, but he always seemed to struggle against Boca. I know that Storm was generally disappointed by Evans, but the dude could play some defense.

Evansville Rachelwoods 127
Ft Myers Llamas 61

I don't usually post recaps from games against CPU/abandoned teams anymore, but this one was dominating enough for me to make an exception. The Rachelwoods rolled to a 65 point win, shooting 46/89 (14/37 from 3), and outrebounded the Llamas by a 54-23 margin. We had 23 assists and 0 turnovers; Ft Myers had 5 assists and 15 turnovers. Bryan Moore scored 32. Kevin Bowers had the best game of his still-young career, scoring 19 points, 13 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks. Bruce Birdsong had a nice double-double with 19 points and 11 rebounds. Ethan Samuel had a career high 23 points in 14 minutes off the bench. Everybody was just really great tonight.

Next up is the C13 Tourney, where we have just our second-ever #1 seed. Our first round opponent is Asheville, who we last beat by 57. Since then, they lost starting center Brian Weitzman, and their roster is down to 10 bodies. Our biggest margin of victory this season was 79, against Shreveport. Monday night has the potential to dwarf even that. [/hype]

If anyone still needs a late lead, hit me up. I have two strong leads available, both in the +4 range. Not going to make a class or anything, but way better than a walk-on.

I need a player but your inbox is full - thanks!

Send me a PM for anyone who has an extra player, i need someone as a late get

So after a big first round win over Asheville, we're looking at a cakewalk second round matchup with Shreveport, followed by Round 3 with Boca Raton on Friday. I'm really pumped for that matchup, as Storm likely will be playing for a tourney spot, and we'll be playing for a top 4 seed. Should be a really fun, competitive game.

The real reason for this post, though, is a budding point guard controversy in Evansville. Freshman bPG Walter Spencer hasn't quite played up to the +6 rating he entered the season with. For just the third time in my 10+ seasons as coach, though, I had a player rating bump, and it was Spencer's athleticism, bringing him to a PG's dream line of EGGFEG. Unfortunately, he's behind junior PG Marvin Tober (FGEEGG), who was one of the best rated recruits in program history and is already the all-time leader in Evansville assists. They're obviously different types of players, and I would really miss Tober's rebounding (the man is a machine on the boards), but I'm really tempted to give Spencer a look as a starter. We also have freshman SF Kevin Bowers, who is currently playing sort of a point-forward role and would be more than capable of playing PG with a GGEEGF skillset.

I know that this is a pretty good problem to have ("waaaaaaa, which of my three +7 players do i start at PG, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"), but it's something I'm going to have to consider sooner rather than later. Long term, I'm leaning towards going Spencer/Kennedy/Bowers at PG/SG/SF, which would make Bowers a bona fide point-forward, as opposed to having Tober undermining that skill like we do right now.

Spencer: EGGFEG
Tober: FGEEGG
Bowers: GGEEGF

WAT DO

Also, premature question for next season: How successful/unsuccessful have you guys been with undersized lineups? I'm thinking of trotting out a three-guarder with 6'4"/6'0"/6'6"/6'6"/6'7" heights once Birdsong graduates. Good idea or bad?

Triple post!

To whomever I sent info to on Jeremiah Dillingham: I'm sorry, the other team at 30 RP with me moved on him :( My b, they had been inactive with him for a few weeks, too...

Back