• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Its 55/35/10. And if you improve two seasons in a row, the last 10% is dropped so that it'll be 65/35. You're inline for that at the moment.

Thanks for that reminder. I had totally forgotten the 10% drop.

I guess I'm trying to gauge my chances at landing Poisson. If it's extremely good I'll stay in the hunt, but otherwise I feel like I might need to go after an extra net player. Not real comfortable needing to win 3 ties when Boca's only ever won 1/1 ties. At least Atkins is at 1/1 and I have to believe I'm the favorite on him.

With those changes 55%/35%/10% (65%/35% for Boca) here are the adjusted numbers: (I figure Flagstaff might want to see them)

Nanquin
Philadelphia 5.5
Flagstaff 7.6
Pierre 10.75
Boca 11
Waterloo 31
Naples 65.45
Grand Rapids 69.55
Lancaster 110
Tempe 156

Atkins
Boca 11
Miami 39.25

Poisson
Boca 11
Carnegie 15.65
Louisville 37
Manassas 48.65

Last edited:
For those hitting the late net, here are recruits in my Top 35 who are maxed and unranked:
Frank Van r20
Edward Kwong r25
Glen Combs r18
Benjamin Bentley r4
Kenny Lane r17
Justin Perkins r1
Nicholas Switzer r6
Warren Donnelly r20
Charles Vadnais r22

Figured you would net Donnelly. One reason I maxed him.

How many are W3/W12 of you for Donnelly?

For those hitting the late net, here are recruits in my Top 35 who are maxed and unranked:
Frank Van r20
Edward Kwong r25
Glen Combs r18
Benjamin Bentley r4
Kenny Lane r17
Justin Perkins r1
Nicholas Switzer r6
Warren Donnelly r20
Charles Vadnais r22

You can add the following players to that list:
Scott Newman R27
Brian Madden R1
Mel Anderson R14
Justin Perkins R1
Hubert Jeppesen R21

Figured you would net Donnelly. One reason I maxed him.

How many are W3/W12 of you for Donnelly?

I shouldn't have netted Donnelly with your max. Either I overlooked it, or you posted late. I'm at 15 RPE and 5/5. Donnelly, like many of those in my list, is one of those dreaded single maxes.

I posted on Wednesday of that week. Sorry you missed it.

Ok, after the great reveal, I am struggling with getting a center, any insight from the crew would be helpful.

I have my first two locked up, and I am trying to figure out a third from my net. Here are my options:

Leslie Barclay - I'm at 49, top is going to be 83 - should I even keep putting points on this guy? Looks like he's going to be a max 3/3.

Mark Peterson (region 17, 6'11" C) - I'm at 59 after this week and his max is 66 - do I have a shot? It looks like the other person has him in the clear and will continue to max making me 7 RPE behind the whole way. I like this guy, but I don't know how the system works - he is E-FP+G+G- and I have scrimmaged him against great competition and he holds his own.

Leonard Buendia - I am way in the lead on this guy, 42 RPE with no one within 12 points. He isn't all that great, E-F+P+G+F+ - he scrimmages ok, but he would be my last choice of the 4.

Joe Edmondson - After this week, I should be the top for this guy, he is 6'8", G+G+P+G+G-. I would be maxing him, but he is E- for local preference and I am not local. He lights it up as a PF against Good defenders.

Thanks guys.

Ok, after the great reveal, I am struggling with getting a center, any insight from the crew would be helpful.

I have my first two locked up, and I am trying to figure out a third from my net. Here are my options:

Leslie Barclay - I'm at 49, top is going to be 83 - should I even keep putting points on this guy? Looks like he's going to be a max 3/3.

Mark Peterson (region 17, 6'11" C) - I'm at 59 after this week and his max is 66 - do I have a shot? It looks like the other person has him in the clear and will continue to max making me 7 RPE behind the whole way. I like this guy, but I don't know how the system works - he is E-FP+G+G- and I have scrimmaged him against great competition and he holds his own.

Leonard Buendia - I am way in the lead on this guy, 42 RPE with no one within 12 points. He isn't all that great, E-F+P+G+F+ - he scrimmages ok, but he would be my last choice of the 4.

Joe Edmondson - After this week, I should be the top for this guy, he is 6'8", G+G+P+G+G-. I would be maxing him, but he is E- for local preference and I am not local. He lights it up as a PF against Good defenders.

Thanks guys.

Here is my take:

No chance on Barclay, stop wasting points on him.

Peterson is interesting. If I read it correctly you are at 42 going into this week and his leader is at 66. If the leader is 0/0, meaning he is the only guy that maxed him you have a few scenarios: Put 17 on him this week, get to 59, thus not being W3 no matter what (where you need to be to be essentially tied with other team) and thus alerting the other team of you trailing him. He would then max out and you probably won't get him. What I'd do is go ahead and get up to 53 RPE right now (can't see you in his W3/W12), and sit and see what the other coach does. If he has a pattern of putting 5 or 6 points on the guy then you should be able to chase him down through the rest of the season. This is obviously dependent on he being a CL and not a tie for 2+ coaches. If he's a tie, you don't have much of a shot.

Buendia sounds like you know what you need to do on him. Put points on him if your other options fall through.

Edmondson is tricky. If you are completely confident you will be clear on him after this week I'd say go for it. Putting points on a guy that is fighting your prefs is always dangerous but IMO if you put enough separation between local teams and your self that you will still land him. This requires you are 0/0 on him and even then i'd keep upping his points. I've seen people get burned on a kid like this so be careful.

Hope this helps and i'm sure others will chime in.

P.S. If you are sure that the guy in the lead for Peterson will max him to the end then you really don't have much of a chance. What size program are you?

Also, how/where do you guys project Jack Ovellette from region 31? I mentioned him earlier and have him 0/4. He's playing C in HS at 6'5 and is EXC scout P+G+G+G+_G- with a 3.0 GPA and 59 test score. Obviously not a scorer but he's certainly worth roster spot right? I haven't had a chance to scrimmage him yet so i'm still up in the air on what to do with him. Thinking SF/bSF right now if I can reel him in.

Also, how/where do you guys project Jack Ovellette from region 31? I mentioned him earlier and have him 0/4. He's playing C in HS at 6'5 and is EXC scout P+G+G+G+_G- with a 3.0 GPA and 59 test score. Obviously not a scorer but he's certainly worth roster spot right? I haven't had a chance to scrimmage him yet so i'm still up in the air on what to do with him. Thinking SF/bSF right now if I can reel him in.

My newly modified system has him listed as a Solid player. 13.40 and he is the best of Salem's 3 Seniors.

I actually think he might be a slightly better scorer than you give him credit. His two teamates are scoring a lot of points and he hasn't needed to do the scoring. I also wouldn't be surprised if one of his G+ attributes actually falls to F (Defense,Hands, Rebounding) but I do expect him to be +4 or +5.

Looking at the Week ahead.

Odessa has a monstrous stretch over the next 5 games:

Laramie Gophers #84
El Paso Templars #17
Boca Raton Storm #4
Casper Blue Wave #43
Fort Worth Fishmongers #6

I'm curious to see how the 7-2 Spooks do over the next couple of games. Their 2 losses are against #43 Casper Blue Wave and #6 Fort Worth Fishmongers.

This will be an important resume building stretch letting us know what the #63 ranked team is capable of this post season.

A couple of wins Monday and Wednesday would make our Friday night match up that much bigger!

Good luck coach.

I'm making an all-star team for my prospects to scrimmage. Who do you all suggest at each position?

My newly modified system has him listed as a Solid player. 13.40 and he is the best of Salem's 3 Seniors.

I actually think he might be a slightly better scorer than you give him credit. His two teamates are scoring a lot of points and he hasn't needed to do the scoring. I also wouldn't be surprised if one of his G+ attributes actually falls to F (Defense,Hands, Rebounding) but I do expect him to be +4 or +5.

Pretty sure EXC scout guys don't fall my friend. Should come in PGGGGG

I'm making an all-star team for my prospects to scrimmage. Who do you all suggest at each position?

Can't go wrong with Naquin at PF or C i'd think. Not to sure on the Guards as I was going after bigs. Another Big would be Brian Montgomery. Both guys just studs.

Also, Ph, will you accept the scrimmage I sent ya?

Yeah, I asked if you wanted my lineup from the last game or a few weeks ago.

Odessa has a monstrous stretch over the next 5 games:

Laramie Gophers #84
El Paso Templars #17
Boca Raton Storm #4
Casper Blue Wave #43
Fort Worth Fishmongers #6

I'm curious to see how the 7-2 Spooks do over the next couple of games. Their 2 losses are against #43 Casper Blue Wave and #6 Fort Worth Fishmongers.

This will be an important resume building stretch letting us know what the #63 ranked team is capable of this post season.

A couple of wins Monday and Wednesday would make our Friday night match up that much bigger!

Good luck coach.

my bro and I were just talking about this the other day. The end of his schedule is brutal. His team is talented enough to play with most of these teams hes just so young. Im running a few scrimmages with him tonight so we will see how he stacks up before the games that matter start!

Yeah, I asked if you wanted my lineup from the last game or a few weeks ago.

Yea I answered in post 536 on page 27. Same lineup u ran in the most recent scrimmage please

Re Peterson: I trailed Waterloo on Isaiah Stockdale by 6, went the distance on him, and signed him. Unless you have appealing alternatives, doing this on Peterson could work out.

Yea I answered in post 536 on page 27. Same lineup u ran in the most recent scrimmage please

Cool. Sorry I missed it. Done.

Cool. Sorry I missed it. Done.

No worries, I appreciate the scrimmages we do with each other as much if not more than 75% of the games on my schedule. Hopefully I can keep this one close haha

Back