• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Odessa has a monstrous stretch over the next 5 games:

Laramie Gophers #84
El Paso Templars #17
Boca Raton Storm #4
Casper Blue Wave #43
Fort Worth Fishmongers #6

I'm curious to see how the 7-2 Spooks do over the next couple of games. Their 2 losses are against #43 Casper Blue Wave and #6 Fort Worth Fishmongers.

This will be an important resume building stretch letting us know what the #63 ranked team is capable of this post season.

A couple of wins Monday and Wednesday would make our Friday night match up that much bigger!

Good luck coach.

Thanks for the good luck. I am pretty nervous about this stretch, as I have a chance to make the NT if I do pretty well in it. I feel like I need to finish 3-2 in this stretch, no worse, to have a chance at the tourney. I am young, but this is a good of a year as any, I will be losing Wick who was my first impact player (he was a freshman when I got Odessa). He finally found his niche at SG (he started off on my team as a Center!) and is a great defensive player. And with recruiting being a tough one this year (got two maxes that im 3/3 for, so im hoping to get one of them, got a couple i'm trying to get for the last spot) this is the best of year as any. I just need to get better athletes on my team and continue to build around Ruis and Gary

Pretty sure EXC scout guys don't fall my friend. Should come in PGGGGG

I'm pretty sure that it's rare, but it can happen.

I was just offering my opinion so toss it aside if you like. I don't expect him to fall, but like I said. It wouldn't surprise me if one of his G+ atts actually fell which I recognize is rare.

I'm making an all-star team for my prospects to scrimmage. Who do you all suggest at each position?

I'm like Tau06 on Nanquin for one of your bigs.

For SG, I would recommend Atkins. While I am biased, in my excessive amount of scrimmages the kid lit it up with only Yi able to hold him below 10 in 1 game. I scrimmaged Atkins against the likes of Dan Lash & Jeffrey Yi among others.

PG 15 games 26.33 pts
SG 49 games 20.20 pts

Atkins also held his opponent SGs to an average of 10.44 ppg.

There are better defensive point guards but if you want to test a guy's defense and steals out you might want to run them against Mo Poisson.
PG 22 games 17 ppg, 3.23 apg, 0.91 topg

He was hands down the best ball control player of all the guys I scrimmaged, PG or otherwise.

Orlando Vance was the most successful scoring big in my scrimmages with the following:
16.25 ppg, 2.75 blocks, 2.25 steals, 1.5 assists and 6.5 rebounds in 4 games. Awaken can give you more on him. I didn't scrimmage him much after he Declared maxing him. I think he's going to be a monster defensively.

Thanks for the good luck. I am pretty nervous about this stretch, as I have a chance to make the NT if I do pretty well in it. I feel like I need to finish 3-2 in this stretch, no worse, to have a chance at the tourney. I am young, but this is a good of a year as any, I will be losing Wick who was my first impact player (he was a freshman when I got Odessa). He finally found his niche at SG (he started off on my team as a Center!) and is a great defensive player. And with recruiting being a tough one this year (got two maxes that im 3/3 for, so im hoping to get one of them, got a couple i'm trying to get for the last spot) this is the best of year as any. I just need to get better athletes on my team and continue to build around Ruis and Gary

Congrats on the big win tonight!

It's going to be interesting running Boca's slow ball control style against your fast paced style.

Boca got an 86-51 win tonight over Savanna, next up is Ashville then Odessa.

Going into tonight's game I was reviewing the stats and I was surprised to see that we're ranked #9 in the League in steals per game and SHOCKED to to find we're #1 in the League in turnovers & fouls given per game.

Geez. Note to the Flagstaff AD: Pull any strings possible to not get Ph and his Duluth squad on my side of the bracket! We got annihilated again by Duluth in our scrimmage 58-82. Ph has his squad playing at a incredible level right now and matches up perfectly with Flagstaff. Duluth is defensively strong at the only positions that I have capable scorers at and has Ernest Morin who is just destroying my team. We have absolutely no answer for him and he has just torn apart everyone i've thrown at him. Still not sure why my guys can't rebound against Ph's squad but I guess that what happens when you don't have many misses to rebound. Congrats on the great game Ph, looks like you have found you best lineup and it's pretty darn good.

In our actual game we picked up a 82-57 win over Albuquerque. Pedigo had 19 and Eric Sullivan put up another 20+ point performance from the bench, yet again in less than 15 minutes. He also threw in 7 boards. Out rebounded him 43-18.

In 2 scrimmages against my bro in Odessa we went 1-1. Gabe Gary tore AP a new one in one game, going off for 27. Albert Stone tried to keep us in it with 28/10 but didn't get much help from anyone not named Pedigo. Game 2 was the Albert Stone show once again, with him going for 28/8. This time Gabe Gary was guarded by Brant Hamilton and held to only 8 points. Think that pretty much illustrates AP's defensive problems...

Ran some HS scrimmages again today and it was a mixed bag.

Yi looked great on defense, okay on offense.

Doucette looked great on all counts, actually out playing Naquin in one game, holding Naquin to 4-13 shooting while putting up 13 points on 6/10 shooting, 10 boards, 6 assist, 2 blocks, 3 assist.

Naquin was his usual self in the other game, outplaying Brian Montgomery.

Deaver didn't look good at all. Leslie Barclay just killed him. Fouling him out in 12 minutes in one game, and outscoring him by 10 in the next game.

On the positive side Jack Ovellette looked really good at SF. Averaged 16/6 and played good defense. Was also on the winning squad both time, which I like. Hope you are right on the scoring Storm!

All in all I really just don't have a elite squad this season IMO, and will rely on winning a 5/5 or 9/9 tie to get to that level next season. Kind of depressing after the success i've had the past 6 season or so.

I'm pretty sure that it's rare, but it can happen.

I was just offering my opinion so toss it aside if you like. I don't expect him to fall, but like I said. It wouldn't surprise me if one of his G+ atts actually fell which I recognize is rare.

Didn't mean to sound pissy if thats how it came off. I just thought I'd read that EXC scout is set in stone and never changes. After running the scrimmages with him I think he comes out FGGGGG but we shall see. Stranger things have certainly happened. Thanks for you input though, always appreciated.

tau, I don't know what to say. I basically just settled on the same lineup as last year but with Adam Cox at SF instead of 6-11 Harvey Evans. So far Cox has been a better all-around option who can fill it up even more. I've had success with two scorer lineups before and this is working out. What's crazy is in our first scrimmage, Hamilton held Morin to 5-15, 10 points and you won by 14.

The other thing that stood out to be was that our centers hate each other. They both fouled out of the last scrimmage and both had 4 in today's scrimmage.

Good luck the rest of the season. I think both of us have tough teams and your team will definitely be tougher next season with some size.

tau, I don't know what to say. I basically just settled on the same lineup as last year but with Adam Cox at SF instead of 6-11 Harvey Evans. So far Cox has been a better all-around option who can fill it up even more. I've had success with two scorer lineups before and this is working out. What's crazy is in our first scrimmage, Hamilton held Morin to 5-15, 10 points and you won by 14.

The other thing that stood out to be was that our centers hate each other. They both fouled out of the last scrimmage and both had 4 in today's scrimmage.

Good luck the rest of the season. I think both of us have tough teams and your team will definitely be tougher next season with some size.

Lol so true about our Centers. Guess I sparked some bad blood with your guys after my comment before our scrimmage last week! If I could bring in Doucette i'd really like where my team is headed the next few seasons but with him as a 5/5 (although I am the proverbial "favorite" by quite a bit) it's far from a certainty. We'll see how it goes. I do feel pretty good about my chances against most teams i'll face in the NTT though. No one has really shut down AP yet and Stone is a handful so I feel like I have a punchers chance against most.

Agreed. Your squad looks very promising.

This is the best I've felt about my squad in 10 seasons. I've got a tough squad that manages to find somebody to get the extra points every game and generally plays good defense. Looking forward, we lose a star SF and two contributors, but with a scoring big like Donnelly at PF or bPF and most likely at least one scoring defending PG and likely a solid wing scorer, I make up that difference. After that, I really only lose starting C Peter Murphy, but I have a ton of young bigs behind him, so I can go all-in for elite players next recruiting cycle.

Congrats on the big win tonight!

It's going to be interesting running Boca's slow ball control style against your fast paced style.

Boca got an 86-51 win tonight over Savanna, next up is Ashville then Odessa.

Going into tonight's game I was reviewing the stats and I was surprised to see that we're ranked #9 in the League in steals per game and SHOCKED to to find we're #1 in the League in turnovers & fouls given per game.

Thanks! one down, hopefully 2-3 more with that. Idk what I am going to do about my style. It seems that my stud C Ruis just isn't playing up to what he should when its on. I might have to tweak it, he is key

Cincinnati finally got shown for what we truly our, a middling team. We get smoked by Milwaukee 82-61. My starters held their own, only getting outscored by 2 points - my bench? Not so much, outscored 27-8. Hopefully we can hold our own for the rest of the year, bring home 15+ wins to start a winning tradition.

Thanks for the help guys, I am probably going to go after Peterson, and put 5/6 RPE on Buendia & Edmondson the rest of the way and just see how it goes. My other two guys that I am planning on getting are Phillip Cummings (6'5" PG/SG combo G+FG+G+F-) & Billy Trent (6'9" SF/PF combo G+F-E-F+F+), both are unranked, but have performed very well against some stiff competition and I have a feeling they will be good players when they come in.

All in all I really just don't have a elite squad this season IMO, and will rely on winning a 5/5 or 9/9 tie to get to that level next season. Kind of depressing after the success i've had the past 6 season or so.

Hopefully one of us lands Nanquin, although I'm not 100% convinced what we'll be getting offensively with him. In 21 scrimmages against various centers, he had a few big games but only averaged 13 ppg. Yet he is scoring 26 ppg in HS. I'm just hoping it's because he was paired with Atkins and others who scored making him not need to score as much. His other numbers were solid 7.24 rb, 1.57 blk, 1.14 steals, 1.00 to

well, i got a lackluster effort by my boys last night after losing to Nashville in OT on Friday. they seem to be shaken by the game on Friday, which was another time being up by 5, or so, with little time left in the game and we allow the other team to get the game to overtime. i am practicing stamina for a while!

last night we beat Lansing 92-79. everyone seemed to contribute, but the game ball goes to Dixon with 18pts. i have relied on Dixon quite a bit over the last 4 years and it pains me to see how much he is struggling in his SR season. he has been the catalyst for the team out of the SF or PF spot but his shot just won't go down this season and his rebounding has almost disappeared!

i think it is time to make another move in the lineup...i will send out a few scrimmages.,

Hopefully one of us lands Nanquin, although I'm not 100% convinced what we'll be getting offensively with him. In 21 scrimmages against various centers, he had a few big games but only averaged 13 ppg. Yet he is scoring 26 ppg in HS. I'm just hoping it's because he was paired with Atkins and others who scored making him not need to score as much. His other numbers were solid 7.24 rb, 1.57 blk, 1.14 steals, 1.00 to

In my experience, elite scorers don't really give up too many points for other elite scorers. For example, in the all-star scrimmages I ran, the all-star team typically scored in the 90s or 100s with 4 or 5 starters in double-figures. I'll tally the numbers today hopefully.

Geez. Note to the Flagstaff AD: Pull any strings possible to not get Ph and his Duluth squad on my side of the bracket! We got annihilated again by Duluth in our scrimmage 58-82. Ph has his squad playing at a incredible level right now and matches up perfectly with Flagstaff. Duluth is defensively strong at the only positions that I have capable scorers at and has Ernest Morin who is just destroying my team. We have absolutely no answer for him and he has just torn apart everyone i've thrown at him. Still not sure why my guys can't rebound against Ph's squad but I guess that what happens when you don't have many misses to rebound. Congrats on the great game Ph, looks like you have found you best lineup and it's pretty darn good.

Duluth! Duluth
Duluth is on fire!

Seriously Ph, tell me how to beat Flagstaff....

Sht +6/-1 (two reliable shooters and enough to get by elsewhere)
Def +10 (a bunch of guys who can defend at all positions and +3 at each guard spot)
Hands +8/-1 (8 players with Good hands; 2 players average 1+ topg; team totals = 61 to, 64 stl, 53 blk)
Reb +9/-1 (+7 in the post)
Int +1/-2 (I really don't care about Int)
Athl +7 (very athletic across the board, +5 frontcourt)
Average height: 6-8

Time to develop another rivalry....

Frankfort's next game is against drizzledick and his Flint Firecrotches. Yes, a team of gingers. These pale, soul-less zombies won't be victimizing Frankfort any time soon. The Frankfort message boards have a thread about how C18 should drop Flint and bring in Milwaukee from C16. We can expand our footprint to Wisconsin's major city, get a bigger TV contract, and have Laverne and Shirley re-runs follow the games.

I'm not sure I agree with the fans - sports are a zero sum game, someone has to lose, and for us Flint fills that role. I guess you could say we beat them like the red-headed stepchildren that they are.

OK, diesel - whaddya got? ;)

Sht +6/-1 (two reliable shooters and enough to get by elsewhere)
Def +10 (a bunch of guys who can defend at all positions and +3 at each guard spot)
Hands +8/-1 (8 players with Good hands; 2 players average 1+ topg; team totals = 61 to, 64 stl, 53 blk)
Reb +9/-1 (+7 in the post)
Int +1/-2 (I really don't care about Int)
Athl +7 (very athletic across the board, +5 frontcourt)
Average height: 6-8

I lack your defense (esp in post) and athleticism, but more shooting. I'm playing Prosser-ball with them.

I lack your defense (esp in post) and athleticism, but more shooting. I'm playing Prosser-ball with them.

Yea his defense/reb/ath in the post is doing it to me for sure. He's held my 7'1 EXC rebounding C to 9 rebounds in 2 games. That's stupid good front court work by Ph. I've never had front courts that rely on athleticism and it gets back to me against Ph and Duluth. I've also averaged 20 boards over those two games. That's crazy for a team like mine averaging 38 boards a game. As i've said, I don't want to be anywhere near Duluth's side of the bracket come the NTT.

C Peter Murphy is a flat out stud. He's averaging 7.2 pts, 9.3 reb, 2.3 ast, 1.8 blk and definitely holds down the opposing big man. And I picked him up as a late netter. He didn't have particularly impressive stats and he was Fair-/+ Scouted with mediocre ratings yet came out FGGEFG. Not a good shooter, but he's much more productive set at 3/1 than 1/1 due to putbacks.

Back