• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

C Peter Murphy is a flat out stud. He's averaging 7.2 pts, 9.3 reb, 2.3 ast, 1.8 blk and definitely holds down the opposing big man. And I picked him up as a late netter. He didn't have particularly impressive stats and he was Fair-/+ Scouted with mediocre ratings yet came out FGGEFG. Not a good shooter, but he's much more productive set at 3/1 than 1/1 due to putbacks.

That's a heck of a late pickup. I don't want to think about how bad i'd be if I hadn't found Albert Stone in my net after a week or two. Kid has been a stud for me and I didn't get on to him. He's only a +3 GFFEFF but at 7'1 that's more than enough to be a more than effective center. Just think if you could put Stone's scoring with the rest of Murphy Ph :eek:

Sht +6/-1 (two reliable shooters and enough to get by elsewhere)
Def +10 (a bunch of guys who can defend at all positions and +3 at each guard spot)
Hands +8/-1 (8 players with Good hands; 2 players average 1+ topg; team totals = 61 to, 64 stl, 53 blk)
Reb +9/-1 (+7 in the post)
Int +1/-2 (I really don't care about Int)
Athl +7 (very athletic across the board, +5 frontcourt)
Average height: 6-8

What's funny or interesting about that is my starters are +7 int and it's made a HUGE impact on my team with turnovers and fouls.

Remind me after the season and I'll give you a breakdown of my starting 5's attributes. I think the #s might surprise you.

Last edited:
I realize Int is important, but it's not worth sacrificing other stats. The fact that low GPA/Exam turn off a lot of coaches is why I can get guys with good ratings elsewhere. My team is +8 hands so my turnovers are low. The players with the most touches get their 1 turnover a game and that's it.

I realize Int is important, but it's not worth sacrificing other stats. The fact that low GPA/Exam turn off a lot of coaches is why I can get guys with good ratings elsewhere. My team is +8 hands so my turnovers are low. The players with the most touches get their 1 turnover a game and that's it.

Oh, I'm in your court on this one. I would normally sacrifice INT for Hands any day, but I couldn't recruit the guys 4 seasons ago that I can now. However, like I said. I was SHOCKED to see where I am rated this season statistically based on my team's attributes. Ask me again at the end of the season.

Last edited:
So I am going up against another tough team this week. His C is averaging 22 points and 8 boards a game. My center is good on the glass, but a weak defender. Soooo, i am switching my PF, who is 6'8" Good defender and Excellent athlete over to center and moving my center to PF. My normal Power Forward has a tendency to shut guys down on the boards (not so much scoring-wise, though), but my thought is that if I can make his C have a couple less rebounds a game, he will have fewer put back opportunities and might let me keep it close.

Dumb idea? Probably, I am going to get smoked. Again.

So I am going up against another tough team this week. His C is averaging 22 points and 8 boards a game. My center is good on the glass, but a weak defender. Soooo, i am switching my PF, who is 6'8" Good defender and Excellent athlete over to center and moving my center to PF. My normal Power Forward has a tendency to shut guys down on the boards (not so much scoring-wise, though), but my thought is that if I can make his C have a couple less rebounds a game, he will have fewer put back opportunities and might let me keep it close.

Dumb idea? Probably, I am going to get smoked. Again.

Don't think it's an awful idea. If your current C is scoring well at C and you need those points then i'd question the move but IMO C/PF are pretty close to being interchangable. PF gets less touches though so most people put their best scorer at C.

Don't think it's an awful idea. If your current C is scoring well at C and you need those points then i'd question the move but IMO C/PF are pretty close to being interchangable. PF gets less touches though so most people put their best scorer at C.

Also a reason to put your best defender at C.

I second Tau's and PhDeac's thoughts.

Since Matthew Dye and Louie Click are almost identical ppg, this shouldn't be a bad move. Dye's got a better defense like you mentioned with 1.1 stpg vs 0.3 of Click and they are very similar rebounding wise.

It's a shame you can't put Click at SF. He's averaging 2.2 apg and Thomas is hurting you with 2.4 TOpg.

Have you run any scrimmages with Kumar or Pearson at C and Click at SF?

So as I posted on another thread, my hard drive crashed but I did recover all my data. The problem is that I'm having trouble reinstalling Superviewer. I both reinstalled it and tried to run it straight from the original drive. I keep getting this error:

Run-time error '367':

Can't load (or register) custom control: 'MSINET.OCX'

Anybody know what this means? Do I need to install another driver? I'm running Windows 7.

This would be a huge loss because I use SuperViewer extensively and use it to track defense throughout the season.

Some more fruit for thought:

Click last year at PF had 11.7 pts, 6.8 rb, 0.8 a, 0.8 blk, 0.5 stl
Dye last year at SF had 12.1 pts, 5.5 rb, 0.9 a, 0.9 blk, 1.2 stl
Pearson last year at C had 8.6 ppg, 7.8 rb, 1.2 a, 1.7 blk

Kumar 2 years ago at C had 1.0 pts (yuk) but 8.1 rb, 2.7 a, 1.3 blk, 0.9 stl
Kumar 3 years ago at C had 1.6 pts, 7.8 rb, 3 a, 1 blk, 0.8 stl

Looks like you have some options down low, but Kumar is an obvious scoring weakness.

So as I posted on another thread, my hard drive crashed but I did recover all my data. The problem is that I'm having trouble reinstalling Superviewer. I both reinstalled it and tried to run it straight from the original drive. I keep getting this error:

Run-time error '367':

Can't load (or register) custom control: 'MSINET.OCX'

Anybody know what this means? Do I need to install another driver? I'm running Windows 7.

This would be a huge loss because I use SuperViewer extensively and use it to track defense throughout the season.

My guess is you need to install one of the older .net runtime librarys. Do you know what superviewer was coded in?

here is the ehow on installing an OCX file.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7353416_install-msinet_ocx.html

I'd be careful where you get the MSINET.ocx file and look at .net runtime first option.

My guess is you need to install one of the older .net runtime librarys. Do you know what superviewer was coded in?

here is the ehow on installing an OCX file.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7353416_install-msinet_ocx.html

I'd be careful where you get the MSINET.ocx file and look at .net runtime first option.

Actually I just found this for 64 bit win 7 in case you have that version.

http://angrybyte.com/windows-hacks/msinet-ocx-for-64-bit-windows-7-vista/

and http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-to-load/7903439e-1af2-4a05-8883-73bb0bce3bd9

Last edited:
I have the 32 bit. So I just need to install a new file? That sounds familiar back to when I had this problem after I installed Vista.

I have the 32 bit. So I just need to install a new file? That sounds familiar back to when I had this problem after I installed Vista.

Yes, you should be able to register the file using the 1st instructions. It should be included in the files for super viewer.

I just followed the instructions and it didn't work. Do I have to restart my computer first?

I'm working on stuff. I won't restart until I'm finished. If it's not fixed now, I'll work on it tonight. I only need it to tinker with my lineup and unless I'm playing you, my lineup is pretty good.

Around the League 7/13

Good luck tonight coaches. We've got some key match ups for our fellow Deacon Coaches over the next 3 nights. Some are important for NTT hopes while others could have end of year recruiting and NTT top seed implications.

To get everyone warmed up, tonight's action includes:

Duluth Bullish Deacs #50 vs Chicago Golden Deacons #40
A battle between 7-3 Duluth and 8-2 Chicago. With 3 teams sitting at 5-1 in conference 20, Duluth needs this battle against conference rival to stay in the thick of the Conference Title. Chicago meanwhile can get back into the hunt with a victory over Duluth and help along the way. Kalamazoo and Little Rock are tied with Duluth currently for conference record.

Minneapolis Clippers #75 vs Akron Rowdies #57
Akron needs to clip Minneapolis to keep pace with Branson and Owensboro. All three are 5-1 within conference 17. This game means a lot for Akron with regards to making the NTT as well should they fail to win the conference or conf. Tourney.

Dearborn Warak's Deacs #35 vs Jefferson City Huskies #107
We're not accustomed to seeing such a high PR coming out of Dearborn and the Warak's Deacs are playing to keep pace with conference Rival Nashville after a heartbreaking 2 point loss last Friday. Dearborn won't get another shot at 10-0 Nashville #6 until the conference tournament.

El Paso Templars #36 vs Odessa Spooks #56
The young Spooks are coming off an impressive 11 pt win against #105 Laramie and are starting a stretch of 4 games against top 30 opponents. At 4-2 in the conference, the 8-2 Spooks are most likely looking to secure an at-large bid for the NTT. Winning 2 or 3 of their next 4 could vault them and Conference 25 in the rankings. Odessa's at a minimum looking to increase their Seeding in the PTT.

If Wednesday's action isn't enough for you, there are 4 more important matchups Friday night.

Frankfort Deacon Blues #2 vs Philadelphia Insatiables #4
In what will most likely be the game of the night, the two teams from last year's title bout duke it out once more with more than NTT seeding on the line. Philadelphia is itching to prove they are the team to beat this season and that has to include a win against the winner of 4 of the past NTT titles. Frankfort's got an opportunity to prove to Philadelphia that the Trophy belongs in a Deacon town. Boca and Flagstaff are both hoping that Frankfort can knock Philadelphia down a few pegs PR wise in their quest to land #1 recruit Rene Naquin.

Cambridge Thunder Cats #14 vs Cincinnati Skyline Deacs #44
Cincinnati is playing well this season under new head coach dadeacs but the've still got work to be done. A brutal loss to Milwaukee which may have decided the conference 16 title isn't the end of the road for our Skyline Deacs. A win against Cambridge could help solidify an at Large NTT bid for 1st year coach dadeacs. But First Cincinnati has to get past #39 Youngstown Squires on Wednesday.

Boca Raton Storm #5 vs Odessa Spooks #56
In another game that might find it's way onto the Featured game list should both teams win Wednesday, pits ball control Boca against run and gun Odessa. The spooks still on a tough schedule is itching to prove itself against higher seeds. Boca meanwhile is desperate to prove they deserve coach stormfury's highest ranking and continue the pace for Boca's first ever undefeated regular season. A loss here could drop Boca drastically in the rankings and is important for a team who's conference while much improved still has 100+ ranked teams. This is the Storm's first true test since week 3 Rockford.

Glendale Smoking Man #73 vs Flagstaff whippersnappers #13
While flagstaff has all but sealed the Conference 32 title, a big win against Glendale can help both NTT seeding and Flagstaff's recruiting efforts. The Whippersnappers hold a 1 game lead on division rival Santa Fe, whom they beat soundly by 24 earlier this season. All the same with games against #73, #69 and #89 remaining, each matchup is important for high seeding for NTT bound Flagstaff.

I'm working on stuff. I won't restart until I'm finished. If it's not fixed now, I'll work on it tonight. I only need it to tinker with my lineup and unless I'm playing you, my lineup is pretty good.

ROFL! Thanks for the compliment.

Back