• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

He's said previously that he'll be implementing a master account system for each owner's various teams, and will allow them to change their passwords. So there's that.

I spent so much time amassing knowledge that I've almost completely forgotten over the last year plus.

I guess we'll all be starting on the same level then. :) Totally forgot 95% of what I'd learned as well!

We should start betting on the date Vegas style. Set a future date and let folks bet the over/under.

November 8th is my guess.

Also, didn't KMoney say he quit his job so he could focus on this? That seems weird that is this far delayed if he planned on using this as one of his main income streams.

I had the same thought. I was trying to encourage kmoney to embrace a more profitable model, but he caved into the belly-aching. So I think this is more of a labor of love/spare time type thing instead of a serious income generator.

I had the same thought. I was trying to encourage kmoney to embrace a more profitable model, but he caved into the belly-aching. So I think this is more of a labor of love/spare time type thing instead of a serious income generator.

That was such a weird thread. I really don't understand 99% of DTL's user base.

Can you elaborate on that thread? I can't get on there anymore.

That's a shame. It really could be quite good both for users and for kmoney.

Yep. Huge missed opportunity. DTL was an early adopter of the freemium model. It just didn't improve technology and move to mobile in order to cash in. I refuse to pay anything for any mobile game I play, but I gave up $5 every 9 weeks to play this with no problem. There are hundreds of thousands of people out there who would play a quality college basketball sim like this and pay good money to do it.

I've read that some popular phone games generate $1 MM/day in micro-payments. I think that was separate from the ad revenue.

storm should buy it from kmoney. Make a European model league, Chinese model league. Phone app. International marketing. Be ready to scale. This game is all about information. Charge micro-payments to get a small amount of additional info (better recruiting spreadsheet, learn a recruits true attribute (singular), the stuff large programs get, logos, uniforms, school colors, etc.) and roll in the dough. Keep a play for free option.

I've read that some popular phone games generate $1 MM/day in micro-payments. I think that was separate from the ad revenue.

storm should buy it from kmoney. Make a European model league, Chinese model league. Phone app. International marketing. Be ready to scale. This game is all about information. Charge micro-payments to get a small amount of additional info (better recruiting spreadsheet, learn a recruits true attribute (singular), the stuff large programs get, logos, uniforms, school colors, etc.) and roll in the dough. Keep a play for free option.

I've got about 7 months till I'm vested in my current company. Once that happens.... I've reached out a few times to Kmoney. Maybe he'll be open to it in a few months. If not, I might do my own thing.

The game is just a RNG for each element of a basketball game: dribbling, passing, decision to shoot, shooting success, rebounding, stealing, blocking, deflecting, (unforced) turnovers such as stepping OOB. Each has a success rate affected by the talent or attributes of the offensive and defensive players (+/- adjustments on baseline success rate). Randomize the passing pattern (who throws to who), or use various "sets," or let coaches pick the set! Use parameters to determine how many passes per possession on average (fast, normal, slow) by coaches. You need about 60-ish possessions/game with a ppp of ~.9-1.2 PPP on average over 2 20 min halves. Fouling is also RNG. Set a block of code for foul shooting with parameters for +1, 1+1, 2 shots. Associate each micro-action to a randomized unit of time to tick-off the clock and players' endurance, which affects their effectiveness. Bench time replenishes endurance. Players sub out when endurance hits a specified level, or another player (starter) subs back in when his endurance is replenished. Let coaches have input on the proclivity to shoot 2's and 3's using parameters. Writing the basketball rules into the game might be the hardest part.

The bold part is key for playability. Keep the resultant numbers realistic. I've given this some thought, but this is off the top of my head. If I can help you go on your own, let me know.

I can't login. Even worse, I have to solve a CAPTCHA that I can't even see.

Can you post it? I have no problem at all with new leagues and starting from scratch.

Right. But I doubt we're going to sit around and wait at least a month or two for that after the game is already up. Why not start new teams and get all of us in the same conference?

I can't login. Even worse, I have to solve a CAPTCHA that I can't even see.

Can you post it? I have no problem at all with new leagues and starting from scratch.

i have the same issue

Right. But I doubt we're going to sit around and wait at least a month or two for that after the game is already up. Why not start new teams and get all of us in the same conference?

That would be really cool, and that way it would be even easier to have a DeACCon tourney without having to worry about scheduling in the nonconference. Definitely wish we were getting our old teams and players but it would be interesting to say the least for everyone on here to have a fresh sheet from scratch in the same conference and see what happens

From what awaken posted, we would get our old teams back but months after the game is back up.

Hopefully, kmoney holds everybody to just having one team at a time, so everybody can fill up one league before filling up other leagues.

Back