• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

A good college basketball sim app would start printing money in about a month.

Some recent updates from k$. (I'll nest the quotes here, hopefully this works...)

kmoney said:
manofwar said:
porterman said:
It will have been down for two years before you know it. It's sad it had to end like this, it was a fun game. RIP DTL.

Yeah, down 1.5 years this month, happy anniversary. Wish I could point to some evidence to argue against your statement... but I cant.
?? Don't give up now! We're weeks away! You'll have something besides my words to point to soon.

kmoney said:
manofwar said:
Cool. Thanks. Cant wait. How about throwing us a bone and maybe post a pic of the games new logo?
No fancy graphics yet, just text on a white background. As was mentioned in earlier in this thread, it won't be all fun and games at first. Mostly bugs, lack of features, wiping everything and starting over, etc.

kmoney said:
uconn45 said:
kevinapps said:
rsfaithful said:
itt: people don't understand that testing entails more than just playing the game

Agreed.

LOL--I thought about this possibility immediately after I volunteered to test. If true technical expertise is needed, I won't be much help. Either way I'm excited for the return of DTL
No technical expertise needed to help test. We'll basically just be playing the game and talking about what is going wrong and what we can do better. Occasionally I may ask for people to do specific things (eg everyone try to log on at 4pm Pacific Time and recruit).

That first K$ post was 11/13, other two were 11/18.

Status Update, December 6th
Unread postby kmoney » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:23 pm

Got the test server up and a few coaches, friends and family helping me iron out the wrinkles. As I posted in the last thread, December will be a tough month for me to get much done. Probably looking at some time in January for opening up testing to everyone.

That's disappointing considering we were supposed to get to test 'this month'

I wouldn't put $ down on it every coming out again.

kmoney said:
As expected, had next to no time to get anything done over the holidays :(

Probably looking at February for open testing

No big surprise. Would have been more surprised if January happened.

Vegas should lay a test date line, and let people bet over/under it. Or, we could each pick a future date when user testing officially starts.

Beta testing starts Monday.

http://forum.drivethelane.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=190

Ok things are about where I wanted to get to. It's Wednesday afternoon, I'll post the testing thread this coming Monday, the 7th.

Some notes
- When I say "things are about where I wanted to get to", that is the most recent version of "wanted", ideally things would be closer to a finished product before starting "beta" testing.
- The plan in general is something like this: get some people signed up, have a day or two to click around, set lineups, etc. I'll run 2 games the first day, then 3 games a day (roughly morning, noon and afternoon) thereafter. This will give everyone a chance to recruit overnight.
- We'll simply use the message board for feature and bug discussion. I have a separate issue tracking system I use where I can get everything in the queue that needs to be done.
- There is no requirement that you are super active on the message board to have a test account. I'm sure we will have enough people sharing their opinions :)

Let me know if you have any questions at this point.

How do we sign up for beta testing? Last time I checked, I couldn't get into my account.

Ok things are about where I wanted to get to. It's Wednesday afternoon, I'll post the testing thread this coming Monday, the 7th.

Some notes
- When I say "things are about where I wanted to get to", that is the most recent version of "wanted", ideally things would be closer to a finished product before starting "beta" testing.
- The plan in general is something like this: get some people signed up, have a day or two to click around, set lineups, etc. I'll run 2 games the first day, then 3 games a day (roughly morning, noon and afternoon) thereafter. This will give everyone a chance to recruit overnight.
- We'll simply use the message board for feature and bug discussion. I have a separate issue tracking system I use where I can get everything in the queue that needs to be done.
- There is no requirement that you are super active on the message board to have a test account. I'm sure we will have enough people sharing their opinions :)

Let me know if you have any questions at this point.

:willynilly:

How do we sign up for beta testing? Last time I checked, I couldn't get into my account.

He didn't really go into details. On Monday, we'll update you with details. I still get the feeling this is more of a 'show people i am working on things' thing vs actually being ready to roll it out for testing.

You were totally right RSF... I did used to play this game. Maybe I'll take another peek at it.

I definitely forgot who all used to play this game.

I can't get into the forum at all. It says I have to do a captcha that doesn't exist. Any clue how I get in?

Right. I can't get into the forum. There's no way to contact kmoney for access or to get a new password. Nothing. And I get this:

You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below.

But there's no CAPTCHA.

Back