• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

We had 6 sign up for the tourney, 4 of which can only play 4 games (due to conf), 2 of which can play 5 games. This means we'll all have open dates. I've opted for pushing the schedule into exhibition vs regular season allowing everyone to schedule easier (or harder) teams to help out with recruiting/ranking as needed.

** If Flagstaff and/or Cincinnati want's 1 less game, they could opt to skip their Head to Head OOC 2 matchup.

Rankings
Seed ID Team Rank
1 80 Durham 67
2 256 Flagstaff 74
3 77 Myrtle Beach 80
4 188 San Antonio 135
5 192 Amarillo 137
6 124 Cincinnati 211

Schedule
Exh 1 Myrtle Cincinnati
Durham San Antonio
Amarillo Flagstaff
Exh 2 Myrtle San Antonio
Durham Flagstaff
Amarillo Cincinnati
Exh 3 Myrtle Amarillo
Durham Cincinnati
Flagstaff San Antonio
OOC Game 1 Myrtle Flagstaff
San Antonio Cincinnati
Durham Amarillo
OOC Game 2** Flagstaff Cincinnati

Let me know ASAP if you see any issues.

If San Antonio or Flagstaff want to play Durham in regular season instead of Exhibition (improve SOS), submit request for the OC game that fits you (2 or 3) instead of Exh.

Lost in the PTT Sweet 16. They added plus-minus to the box score.

Durham's NTT report at halfway point:
First round puts us against #25 Boston DestroyingAngels. Expectations are low, but we surprisingly pull off a 69-62 win. Hey, maybe this team is pretty good after all. Got to like our chances against the #41 Denver Youngguns...

...in round two. All hopes that were raised in round one were dashed when Denver...
4WDYirE.gif

...won 96-52. Almost doubled up in the NTT - tsk, tsk. Back to wondering how good this team is again.

Next up, #8 Bloomington College. We brace ourselves..... and leave with a respectable 61-69 loss. It's all about expectations.

Recruiting
Ty Emerson, from Durham, 5/5 tie
Joshua Strozier, 1/1 tie
Kyle Covalt CL
Casey Murdoch CL
Tanner Stall 1/1 and -1 RPE behind

Did kmoney announce plus-minus on the message boards? Are there any other new features on the way?

I know a few of you guys enjoyed NCAA Football, when it was a thing. (Sad).

Warak found this cool online version of it. Not entirely like NCAA, but really fun. So much so, I find myself wanting to play it over DTL anymore. It has quirks to it, so if you do join up we'd likely need to give you some tips and help.

PigSkin Empire

Spokane welcomes a 39/38 class

Casey Murdoch...FGGEFE
Joshua Strozier.FPPGFE
Tanner Stall....FFGEGG

Had a CL on Kyle Covalt (27 ppg) who went to Philadelphia (I signed better players than him?), and disappointed to lose hometown recruit Ty Emery to Jackson in a 5/5 tie.

The good news is this motley class is better than the outgoing senior class (~200), and they seem to play better than their attributes.

Myrtle welcomes a 46/26 class. This was a huge class because it replaced three of my worst players. Anything would be an improvement, so I'm happy with what I got.

I maxed three Top 75 players. One was a large tie. The other two were 2/2 and 3/3. I landed Jordan Labar, one of the two. He gives me needed size at 6-10/240 and good ratings at GGFFFE. He will probably start right away, but it will be a competition with Jr Kristopher Schmelling who averaged 10.1/8.3 last year in his first year as a starter.

I picked up Don Sprague as a late CL. Thought he could be play any of the 1-3 spots. He's got good size at 6-4/204 and nice guard ratings at FGGPEG. I'll try him all over my lineup. My sophomore PGs could improve, but wouldn't be hard for Sprague to beat them for the starting spot.

I only put PPs on a few players to make room for walk-on better than the players I was actively recruiting. I think that's what happened with Christian Aviles. He's got good size at 6-8/243. Serviceable rankings for a bPF or bC at NGFGGF. He barely scored in HS, but he only took 2.4 FGA a game. He had 4.1 ast/game and averaged over 1 steal and 1 block a game.

I'll be putting out some scrimmages to test the rookies.

Guys, huge news out of Cincinnati - we got 3 walk-ons. Lost another person I led by 2 points for, he was an E local in region 17, I am in Region 16 - the guy behind me in region 15 got him. Yeah, thats great. I had a lead on a guy sitting in my net at 42 points for the last 2 weeks sitting at 0/0 - then the last week, someone jumped me at 44 points, and I lost him too.

I just can't go after max ties anymore, its not worth it, and/or I am just too stupid to figured out how to find the right ones.

What's the recruiting breakdown of your classes? Here are mine:

Sr - 1 net, 2 walk-ons
Jr - 1 max tie, 2 net
So - 2 max CL, 1 net
Fr - 1 max tie, 1 net, 1 walk-on

Post your team number if you want me to send you a scrimmage.

Sr - 2 Net, Walk-on - lost 2 max ties, net came in at +3/-2 and +4/-1
JR - 3 nets - I fudged up and forgot to set my recruits week 2, so I couldn't go after any maxes, so I spread a wide net looking for people with good attributes, but terrible stats - got 2 EXC scouted people at +6 and +4 and a +5/-2
SO - 3 walk-ons, lost 3 max ties, lost two recruits I had more RPEs on, was a weird situation
FR - 3 walk-ons, outlined above

My walk-ons this year are +2/-1, +2/-1 and +1/-1, one guy is GG and 6'3, so might be a useful bSG or something for a few years, the others are not super usable right now. It's weird how they chose, I also had a lead for a guy at 16 RPE (there were like 6 people at 15 RPE) - he was EXC scouted +3/-3 PG with no shot, but good hands (NGEPFF) - I didn't get him either, could have at least been not a complete black hole in my lineup.

I'm team 124, will take any and all scrimmages. I also keep forgetting to pay the $5 to be a large program, I should probably at least do that before I completely get frustrated and quit.

I think I'm done for a while. I've set auto recruiter to on. DTL today feels more like an exercise in frustration than fun.

Da, I sent you a scrimmage. The first round of scrimmages ran at noon. My max tie big Jordan Labar averaged 16 pts, 10.3 reb, 4.7 blocks. I think he'll be starting.

Back