• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

I just checked out Joshua Strozier's stats. What a punch in the gut. He could improve for you obviously, but his HS stats make him look like a stud.

Strozier came in GPPGFE. HS line 54/40.5/71.7 11.8 rpg, 2.2 apg, 1.0 spg, 1.6 bpg, .9 topg

Apparently, his Poor D was buoyed by Exc athleticism, but a 2:1 assist to to ratio for Poor Hands? In college his defensive stats are down - playing to attribute instead of HS stats.

I'm beginning to think assists are random. I don't include HS Info in my estimates because it's a pain to use. A simple hypothesis would be that teams with good shooting have disproportionately high assists and teams with bad shooting have disproportionately low assists. So a PG with Fair Hands on Good Shooting team may have comparable assists to a PG with Good Hands on a Fair Shooting team.

Kind of like Muggsy Bogues - imagine the records he could have set with teammates that could shoot.

I miss HS scrimmages. I feel like I am just guessing at players and continue to come up snake eyes...especially in this overly recruited atmosphere. I expect noting good tomorrow, I don’t even think the guys I maxed are even close to the qualit I would max in the past.

I am still in the test league, but don’t spend much time on it...but am #1 in wins despite leaving for a number of seasons. Players stats are so random from season to season.

That's the biggest thing missing. My system works well to identify players who could be highly rated, productive, and overlooked. But the scrimmages confirm it.

Feasting on cupcakes to pad pathetic record to 3-6. Beat #195 St Pete 75-60 on Wed, and beat #256 Clemson 59-48 in what had to be the ugliest game in quite a long time. Even Dave Odom had to look away.

Reveal was pretty unkind. Only 1 of the players I got to 30+ RPE was not maxed or at 49 RPE. Maxes came in as expected.

Jose Mills (11) 6/6 - yeah, he's a stud so the local teams jumped on him. Glad he's Poor Win, so my crappy season won't be held against me.
Troy Johnson 2/2 - I knew from the simboard's recruiting thread that someone else maxed him, too. Turns out there's a third...
Christopher Green 0/3 - he's 6'9", smart, athletic; otherwise Fair
Nicholas Scott 2/2 - among a tie at 16 RPE
John McIntyre 4/5 - among a tie at 16 RPE

There's a couple others that I am -7 or -8 on with company, so can't really risk putting points on them.

For those fishing, here are some maxed but unranked recruits with whom you should not bother:

Name...............Ht...Conf...Top
Troy Johnson.......6/3...11...66
Joshua Moore.......6/5...21...66
Jackson Gaines.....6/8...11...66
Cameron Seide......6/8...12...66
Kalani English.....6/5....1...66
Desmond Puga.......6/7....9...66
Jorge Cameron......6/2...12...66
Judah Elliott......6/5...15...66
Nicholas Prezioso..6/8...29...66
James Paredez......6/7....4...66
Spencer Thompson...6/6...24...66
Benjamin Smith.....6/6....2...49
Brandon Craft......6/1...11...49
Jase Hooser........6/5...11...49
Grant Mitchell.....6/9...11...47

Pretty good reveal for 7-2 #55 Myrtle Beach. My starting SG is graduating. My other two seniors are NA walk-ons from the first class. This class should be an improvement. My priority was SG. I recruited two SGs not likely to be maxed and two high max bigs of which I dropped one.

6-5 207 SF Joshua Moore 0/0
23.2 pts, 5.7 reb, 2.0 ast
Good scout G P+ E- G- E-

Who knows what stats mean anymore. Nice to get a 0/0 on a Top 25 scorer. Decent chance he keeps the Good Sht.

6-6 222 SF Ariel Depew 1/1
17.9 pts, 5.8 reb, 4.8 ast, 1.3 to
Poor scout E+ E+ F+ E- N-

Seems like a Poor scout with three Exc categories would warrant more interest especially since he was at 20/6/6 when recruiting was due. Again, who knows what stats mean anymore, but he looks like a good prospect. Even if he comes out GGFG_N, that's not bad for a bSG.

I should have an advantage. Depew is Fair- Win and the competition for him is #227 all-time PR. 8, 6, and 6 wins over the last 3 seasons.

6-11 253 C Zachary Arias 9/9 (#2 MR)
20.9 pts, 12.0 reb, 2.6 blk
Poor scout E- E+ E E+ P-

Looks like an obvious stud. I stayed on him and dropped #3 Isaiah Grams. Guess I could have stayed on him. I doubt I'll get a second high max big in a row after Jordan Labar (6-10 C 10.3 pts, 10.1 reb)

My net is solid and I have a lot of points to play with since I only have two players to max going forward. I tied at 16 for 3 players and trail for 2 more.

There's a new "Ignore" option that lets you push a player to the bottom of your Top 35.

Dirty hell...really bad reveal for San Antonio. I think everyone but two players maxed on my list of 33. It goes without question that I have to chase on those last glimmers of hope. Recruiting in this game is brutal...just no fun.

My reveal was surprising ok - which I am guessing means I am recruiting terrible people, but whatevs:

Max Ties:
Cole Norman r16 - 1/1 - 6'1 SG - G scouted EG-P-G+_G- - intelligence is going to be either Fair or Poor - thinking the shooting may drop, but he is a local kid. I think he comes in at GGPGFG. Meh, he's a cincy kid and the only decent one in how many years we have been playing since the restart.

John Alvarez r28 - 2/2 - 6'4 SG - P scouted EF+GG+_E- - intelligence likely a G - averaging 19.3/4.4/4.3 with 1.8 defensive plays has me optimistic that he comes in at EGGGGE, but fingers crossed - he does have E+ win prefs, but the other two I am competing with are both worse than me (somehow...)

Clear Leads
Kyle Butler r28 - 6'4 SF - F scouted E-E-FN+_G - intelligence either G or F - came out slow, but now averaging 12.1/5.1/3.3 with 2.5 defensive plays - going to max him the rest of the way and just hope he comes in at GEFPGG

Chase Hankins r16 - 6'3 SG - E scouted GP+G+E_G- - intelligence likely P - maxing this guy too, not the best attributes for a SG, but still, getting a +5/-2 guy coming in is nice, hopefully train up the defense to an F so that he isn't terrible - should be able to man one of my guard positions for a couple of years

Winning/Close
Daniel Walker - r17 - 5'11 SG - tied at 15 with 2 other teams - G scouted E+GF-E+_P - another guard with E rebounding and he only averages 1.0 defensive plays, worries me that he might come in GF---- - but, if he could come in at EG, would just need a PG with good hands and could stick this guy at SG for a few years, not sure yet

Jacob Turner - r16 - 6'4 SG - tied/leading at 17 with 1 other team - F scouted G-F-GF_F+ - scouting report sucks, but he is averaging 17/3.0/1.6 with 1.8 defensive plays - would hope he could come in at GGGFFF, but my guess is GFGFFF, not a terrible backup, but it looks like he can score

Stuart Johnson - r17 - 6'4 PF - tied/leading at 18 with 1 other team - F scouted F+G+GE-_F+ - his height sucks for a PF, and averaging 12.3 points has me think he comes in at FGGGFF, which doesn't do much for me at SG or SF - but, if 1.2 steals & 0.6 blocks can translate into a GEGEFF, he would be a steal - I guess, I just don't know how to judge anymore

Would love some feedback on the last three - I dont have a ton of RPEs left to go, but really want to pick one and just run with it, since I don't have the ability to do more.

First of back to back games against the worst two teams in the league. Beat #255 81-44. I dropped from #55 to #62. There's a good chance I drop from #55 to the low 60s before playing #12 Lubbock on Friday in a must-win game to move into firm NTT contention.

Game engine is really starting to piss me off. Team is under performing something fierce. No clue what the fix is at this point in time Lost to multiple sub 150 teams while having much higher recruit ratings. No clue what i'm doing right now, hope to figure it out before the conference tourney starts I guess.

Just use the computer set line-up. Hopefully, you didn't make a line-up before the games ran, and you have record of it in E1.

Just use the computer set line-up. Hopefully, you didn't make a line-up before the games ran, and you have record of it in E1.

Changed it on Saturday of the reveal. No clue what it was originally.

First of back to back games against the worst two teams in the league. Beat #255 81-44. I dropped from #55 to #62. There's a good chance I drop from #55 to the low 60s before playing #12 Lubbock on Friday in a must-win game to move into firm NTT contention.

Dropped to #72 after beating #255 82-59. 9-2 with a #252 SOS.

Last edited:
Last year
Recruiting
SH HW
Fr 112 95
So 26 14
Jr 177 191
Se 199 215
avg 128.5 128.75

Record 14-10 #63

This year
Recruiting
SH HW
Fr 39 38
So 112 95
Jr 26 14
Se 177 191
avg 88.5 84.5

Record 4-7 #193

Just lost to #200. I'm at a loss.....

Dropped to #72 after beating #255 82-59. 9-2 with a #252 SOS.

Beat #12 Lubbock 84-64 and jumped from #72 to #28. Absolutely huge win. Got another sub-200 game, then #52 Jackson, followed by the regular season finale vs. awaken. Gonna need some SOS help, buddy. :)

Recruiting looks good. Arias (#1 MR) is 8/8. Depew is 1/1. Still at 0/0 with Moore. I'm tied for two 1/2 and behind a few points on two 1/1. awaken, looks like we're head to head on John McIntyre. He's my top net guy. We'll see how Impact works. He's 6-6. I've got two 6-7 starters. You've got two 6-6 freshmen.

So much for the "using the cpu line-up experiment." Maybe my cpu is Danny Manning? We are kings of the close loss. Lost to #166 Clearwater 70-76 Wednesday and lost to #154 Minneapolis 65-67 today. We fouled with :07 left in a tie game. Of course they hit their FT's and of course we bricked our shot at the buzzer. Sports talk radio is abuzz about the terrible "decision" to foul in this situation. We didn't even try a three for the win. Trying a completely new/old line-up, which recreates the one used down the stretch last year. In hindsight, I probably should have done this sooner. Tough stretch of games to test this: #52, #234, #28 next week.

Recruiting
Jose Mills #10 6/6
Troy Johnson 2/2
Christopher Green 0/0

next two guys had a bunch of teams tied at 16 RP. Not sure how many would max...
Nicholas Scott 2/3 from net
John McIntyre 1/2 from net

Math says I should sign 2 from this group, but we know it is just 1 with two walk-ons. Seniors are ranked 177/191 so the opportunity exists to improve the team again, not that it would show up in W-L record.

Flagstaff made it through the last week of our schedule unscathed by the RNG against clearly inferior teams, but we have rival Tacoma up next. They are clearly the best team in C32 this season and haven't lost a game, but we are the more talented team on paper so we are hoping we can pull an "upset".

Haven't given much info on recruiting due to my frustration with the on the court product but I think it's going well.....

I have a CL on a max, a 1/1 on a max, and then two lottery tickets on 2 local bigs that are good players (one maybe a program changer) at 4/4 and 5/5. I also picked up a CL on a net big that can pass and rebound but is probably a net 0 with his negatives. Worst case I guess I could play him as a backup big and not lose too much height.

Any opinions on my max CL? C30 Omar McCauley??

He's a Poor Scout so I got no clue what to think he's going to come in but I see an avenue that he's a +7 or as high as a +8. Any thoughts there? Either way, I think I will be glad to have him on my team next season (can't wait to have him come in +2 now).

Lost to #50 Jackson Five 75-71. Dropped from #28 to #42, firmly on the bubble going into the C10 Tourney.

I'm very happy with 10-3, but the big question mark on my team is the sophomore slump of my 6-7 SF Ryan Leinbach. He was All-Frosh in C10. He was a steady player last season averaging 10.4 pts, 4.3 reb, 3.6 ast and shooting 47/41/74. This year, his scoring has dropped significantly. He's averaging 6.2 pts and shooting 40/18/77. His boards, asts, and blocks have gone up, but he's not a reliable scorer. He's only had 3 double-figure games all season. He had 14 double-figure games last season. Maybe he's having a tough time adjusting to the presence of stud frosh Jordan Labar (11.6/10.4/2.9 blks).

Back