• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Don't forget to recruit before Friday. Don't get distracted by holiday, which many are taking as an extended weekend.
S6 maxes posted here
http://forum.drivethelane.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1219

there's an online spreadsheet in that thread, too.

my running list of other maxes as of now
Carlos Coleman - 19
Sean Clarke - 18
Rory Arias - 18
Kevin Boettcher 22
Alan Crossen 23
Calvin Herrman 24
Nathan Darnell 13
Alexander Wood 13
Jason Gomez 15
Kobe Ledford 16
Diego Bates 14
Trevon Haley 16
Roberto Thien 24
Sheppard C25
Sauer C15
Wyre C13
Gibbs C1
Mohammed Cooley c4
Donovan Walsh

Haven’t even looked at the recruits. Got to remind myself to do it tonight. I was hoping to have a new system in place that I’m really excited about but I haven’t had the time.

I'm maxing C10 Elijah Boykin.

Is there any rhyme or reason to fouls? I had 27 fouls in the last game - I assumed it was based on intelligence, but my two Excellent intelligence people had 4 fouls each, my 4 people with Good athleticism had 2, 2, 2 and 4 fouls. Does anyone know? Is it just random?

Was it a close game? Were you behind late?

Was it a close game? Were you behind late?

No, I was ahead late - I just fouled like crazy the whole game - so much so that my PF and bPF combined for only 26 total minutes and my C and bC combined for 53 minutes to cover it.

Same thing happened in our game PH, your team was in the bonus at the 10:30 mark in the first half, it was 17-15 at that time - it just sucks because at 2 fouls, my starters get pulled in the first half - my +5 PG (GFEFGG) is only averaging 23 minutes (meaning my +2/-1 bPG is playing 17 minutes) and my +6 senior PF (GGFEEF) is only playing 21 minutes. Gonna suck to have to win games with my backups who are all terrible in their own unique ways.

Last edited:
Myrtle is maxing

C1 Drew Turner
C7 Gabriel Bennett
C10 Elijah Boykins
C10 Anthony Hebert

No, I was ahead late - I just fouled like crazy the whole game - so much so that my PF and bPF combined for only 26 total minutes and my C and bC combined for 53 minutes to cover it.

Same thing happened in our game PH, your team was in the bonus at the 10:30 mark in the first half, it was 17-15 at that time - it just sucks because at 2 fouls, my starters get pulled in the first half - my +5 PG (GFEFGG) is only averaging 23 minutes (meaning my +2/-1 bPG is playing 17 minutes) and my +6 senior PF (GGFEEF) is only playing 21 minutes. Gonna suck to have to win games with my backups who are all terrible in their own unique ways.

Wonder why he replaced the engine vs using the old game engine. Feels so different now.

Agree. I don't like the new game engine as much either. Seems capricious sometimes. This feeds my suspicion that it is not RNG based. I also doubt that HS is on the same game engine (if on one at all) as our engine. Too many discrepancies from HS to college for me.

And Durham is maxing

Cristopher Wright c7
Mike Melnick c9
Kaleb Pan c9
Jackson Ferguson c18

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18TLji_AMleUVZxsjj9Upw2gCYkFngnKzJ-g1jonLQ8M/edit#gid=0

All of these guys are on the google docs max spreadsheet above. K Pan will be a large tie as expected, and I was kind of anxious about maxing him until I compared myself to those on the list so far. I am either more local (he is F+) or should be better (he is E Win). I just need to play to recruiting rank instead of 100 pts below it. So far, working on playing well below it as I went 0-2 against #7 Flagstaff and #160 Cincy. I could have sworn I got an OOC3 game from the simboards, but next is #217 Branson. At this point, I need and will take an easy W. This will be a W, right? right?

Graduating a 26/14 class, so pressure is on just to maintain current level of puzzling ineptitude instead of falling to fully understood ineptitude.

Flagstaff seems to have finally put it all together and playing like our rankings connect. 3-0 against the 3 deacs in games that were a lot wider margins than I expected. Seems i've found a great lineup that is hitting on all cylinders so far. Hope they can keep it up into the conference season. I've gone after some recruits that "win" will be an important aspect of their recruiting so hopefully we can keep it up. We have maxed the following players and were shocked at where a few of them came in:

Mark Davis C3 (13)
Joshua Moore C10 (14)
Jacob Zimmerman C15 (73)
Jerimiah Bonner C30 (39)

Figured that Bonner and Zimmerman would be pretty big ties, but surprised by the Davis number and shocked at the Moore #. Hoping they are just in a lot of nets. If I run into four 3/3 or higher ties that will be a disaster, thought I played it somewhat safe on these guards.....

Good luck the rest of the season everyone and thanks for the early OOC games.

Christ, it is really absurd. I just can’t seem to do anything right in recruiting this league.

All maxes in top 20. My expectations are too high I guess but I am not maxing top tier players and they are not on the list when I max them. Not sure what else I can do...max slightly better than walk-ones? It would be great to not fear a group of walk-ons as soon as I max players.

I stayed local (for the most part), maybe that is the problem. I don’t have a win pref working for me, nor an impact any longer. What to do, what to do...

Stillwater had a pretty decent opening reveal - only 1/4 maxes ranked, and it was the one I least expected:

2 Lilly (UR)
13 Kinney (UR)
16 Shell (UR)
23 McGann (38)

Warak, who were your guys? I only see two in the top 20 who would be local to San Antonio, and I'm pretty sure both were on the list.

Originally Posted by warak View Post
Christ, it is really absurd. I just can’t seem to do anything right in recruiting this league.

All maxes in top 20. My expectations are too high I guess but I am not maxing top tier players and they are not on the list when I max them. Not sure what else I can do...max slightly better than walk-ones? It would be great to not fear a group of walk-ons as soon as I max players.

I stayed local (for the most part), maybe that is the problem. I don’t have a win pref working for me, nor an impact any longer. What to do, what to do...

Chances are decent you maxed guys that are on everyone else's net. For example, Dawson Light c30 is in my net, not on online max sheet, and yet came in #10.

Someone on simboards mentioned that guys like Pan probably were not netted at all but may be a 7/7 tie. That would mean 32 x 8 = 256 RP's
Someone like Joshua Moore is on 20 nets at 15 RP's for a total 300 RP's. Then there will be recruits like yours that will be on a few (only your) max list, and several nets.
The next two weeks, the max recruits will get points and the nets will not. If your guys rise in the Most Recruited, then there are many maxes on them. If they fall, then they got a bunch of net points this week.

Last edited:
DaDeacs, I sent you three scrimmages. Trying to figure my team out with a new line-up and different paces. I understand if you want to experiment on your side as well, but I'd appreciate it if you could keep your side static if possible.

Pleased with the reveal. Two maxes in the Top 75 (Turner and Bennett) along with a few from my net.

I did things very differently this time. I've been traveling and didn't have time to do my usual process, a process I'm changing soon anyway. I came up with a quick and dirty new system that didn't include my Top 75 projections. I'm hurting for bigs so I mostly focused on players 6-6 to 6-9. Usually my net is mostly undervalued guards. I was worried that most would end up in the Top 75, but they didn't.

Lol, I have the #1 overall recruit in my net. Seems about par for the course with my normal recruiting.

I’m feeling good about my maxes. One hasn’t been in the top 75. Another moved in Sat after I added 17 points and dropped out yesterday. Another was in Fri and Sat and dropped out yesterday. The other is 6-11 with sick stats and is at #18 suggesting a reasonable tie.

My goal in recruiting this round was to follow Kmoneys advice - not reach too far, try to take some people with upside that may not be maxed. I went with a Center that had bad Center prefs, a Fair scouted PF with a lot of F+ ratings and one big swing, which was Kobe Ledford, Fair scouted SF at G+EEF+E- - putting up 19/5/4 with 3 defensive plays per game right now. We'll see how it goes, this is what I went with last year too and it was one of my better classes.

Says the guy with 3 straight great recruiting classes. You are like the warak that cried wolf.

Back