• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

My goal in recruiting this round was to follow Kmoneys advice - not reach too far, try to take some people with upside that may not be maxed. I went with a Center that had bad Center prefs, a Fair scouted PF with a lot of F+ ratings and one big swing, which was Kobe Ledford, Fair scouted SF at G+EEF+E- - putting up 19/5/4 with 3 defensive plays per game right now. We'll see how it goes, this is what I went with last year too and it was one of my better classes.

Forgot about this weekend being the reveal. Got Ledford, comes in at GGEFGG - also got the PF, comes in GGFFGF, and got a netter big at FGFFFF. Class is ranked high, but basically one stud and two mehs. Not sure how much I have left - forgot to accept oocs.

I honestly thought you guys had all just quit so had just stopped posting here. Flagstaff got knocked out of the NTT in the Elite Eight in OT. Bummer but that was about as far as we would have gone anyway. Pulled in a 13/27 class of a 3/3 tie and 2 CL's. Lost 3 guards and most of our scoring and added forwards and a C and a lot of rebounding and defense. Next years squad will look a lot different but should still have plenty of talent on this team. Got to pick up some scoring next season.

Nice work, tau.

San Antonio went 16-8 last year with a conference regular season championship and hit in the mouth during the NTT tournament. I think i lost 4 or 5 games, all close ones. I don't pay a lot of attention any longer, the way recruiting is just sort of takes any fun out of the game. regardless, i will continue for a bit...

not surprising to me, we got one of our maxes (1/1) and two walk-ons for a 82/39 class. sigh, lost on 3 1/1 and one 6/6.

the jewel of the class is Matias Bellow 6'5" PG. We also landed a guy that could get off NA, eventually, Santo Jordan 6'4" SG/SF. We will see what he can do, has has solid ratings but horrid #s out of HS. the last of the class is Nicholas Winn PG 6'4", i hope to never need to use this guy.

there you have it. caught a lucky 1/1 and crapped the rest of the way. as expected.

Haven't even looked at recruiting yet. Ugh.

My maxes:

Kevin Vernon2
Michael Johnson4
Cole Smith22
Thomas Penn26

Last edited:
Thought I went conservative, but 3 guys in top 20. On the good side...my first max not in top 75!

All of my maxes are Top 27. Only 3 of my net are Top 75.

I officially quit, sent an email to kmoney after the first game that he could delete my account. I told him my frustrations, he said he agreed that the game engine is still way too random and asked if I'd come back in a few months and try again. Maybe.

I've scaled back, but not quit entirely. In-game fatigue is on its way
http://forum.drivethelane.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1345

Found out that Auto-Recruiter does not recruit for inactive accounts. Turns out it is plainly stated in the How to Play page. Recruited only last 2-3 weeks in test league, and still got a 10/16 class. Test league team is top 20 and I wanted to see my first +10 recruit play.

Not buying large league until the game improves. Missed setting maxes in L31, but did find good at least 5 good clear leads in net second week (all bigs). Pulling this off makes me think many others have quit, too. Stamina was one of the things I was waiting for. Very well may lose power this weekend due to hurricane, so we'll see what the Auto-Recruiter does.

Oh, and sorry to see Ph struck by same bug that affected my team the last two years - top 25 talent, yet ranked 100+ worse. I think I've seen it in another C10 team as well, so it is rather common.

I guess I'm done. I just plain forgot to recruit the last two weeks. All my maxes were in the Top 25 or so because I barely put effort into it.

Goodness I am hating this game. I cannot catch a break in recruiting. Ties on maxes and all bumps were maxed...every damn time! I have started to learn my lesson though, I recruited some guys in my net that are a shade over a walk-on. Some are ties at 15 and one or two are clean...but they suck!

So it hasn't been there? yet when i was playing it seemed like guys were being subbed out due to it. He's really further behind than I realized :( Maybe in a couple years it'll be worth trying again. Thanks for keeping us updated.

well shit...

i lost 4 1/1 and a 2/2 to get 2 walk-ons and a last chance guy to get a 147/139 class.

stupid game

Looks like awaken got a pretty good class. I too can't seem to win a tie on a guard for whatever strange reason. Lost out on a 5/5, a 2/2 and two 1/1 ties. Ended up with a CL and "prefered walkon" for something like a 127/58 class. Tough to recruit when there is so much competition.

Signing Day converged on Saturday with the Test League and L31

L31 - Durham welcomes a 72/85 class of guards

Dominic Broadbent.GGNEPE +6/-1
Jackson Strong....FGGFGG +4
Ryan Felton.......GFFGFE +4

Test League Spokane welcomes a 4/2 class of big men

Hayden Grabowski EGFGGG +6
Jarrett Lloyd....GGPEGE +6/-1
Dyllan Haynes....GGGFFE +5

Whatever was making this team under-perform has left as mysteriously as it arrived two seasons ago. Two seasons is too short for it to be a player or class of players, and it is too long for "bad luck." Don't know and can't bring myself to care either. In L31, I am not buying the Large program anymore, and limiting my recruiting to home regions and one away region. I lost two ties (1/1, 2/2) and signed two CL's. The third was a distant trail of a leader where I got to 28 RPE on that recruit. Apparently the leader, who had 89 RPE on him, didn't need him so he fell to me.

If anyone has last season's spreadsheet to attach here, I would appreciate it. It helps me track Scout to actual attributes.

Last edited:
anyone still playing this? i just realized recruiting is due today...i haven't really looked at this in a few weeks.

Back