• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Season 9 ended, and signing/roll-over is today. Durham finished 16-8, #76.

Recruiting
Carl Campbell 1/1
Dalton Lewis 1/1
Cole Lofton CL
David Action 2/2 -6 from leader
Martin Rutherford 2/3 -7 from leader

Graduating 95/139 class, but probably won't replace them. My NA's are pretty dreadful; so I need my CL, win a 1/1, and then get help on one of the guys I trail on, or a playable walk-on. Yeah, not likely.

Got the CL and two walk-ons.:

Aidan Lee....FGFPEE
Cole Lofton..FGFEGF was CL
Ryan Bethune FFGFGG

Walk-ons are better than my NA's, so they'll play. :tard:
Trying to take a measure of my patience vs kmoney's glacial pace for improvements to game engine.

Keep providing updates on HD. Considering whether I need another game in my life. Their website is blocked at work, so that is a negative...

Trying to take a measure of my patience vs kmoney's glacial pace for improvements to game engine.

Keep providing updates on HD. Considering whether I need another game in my life. Their website is blocked at work, so that is a negative...

That is a shame, but not surprising since the company also has gambling 'games'.

I can't speak for Warak but for me, Unless recruiting is God awful, I can't see going back to DTL after playing this. The only question left for me is would I prefer 2 games a day vs 1 as the game days are a bit slow. Then again that's 2x faster than DTL :)

I know i'm one of the few, and that the recruiting success has certainly helped but I actually am really liking the nDTL. 3 Elite Eights in the last 4 seasons and top 10 ranking in all 3. Game performs like I expect it to most of the time and seems to be improving. Not perfect and still lots of complaining on the DTL boards of guys not playing how they expect based on attributes, stats mattering more etc but honestly, every player I have recruited plays like I would expect and i've found the transition pretty fun and easy. Certainly have to get a big guy to be successful and lucking out in recruiting certainly helps but I just brought in a 11/15 class (that I think is woefully overrated) with a CL, a 1/1 tie and a 0/1 tie where I was the 1 and had every pref advantage and the other coach was going against every pref. I already spend enough time on a dumb sim basketball game so i'm probably good sticking with nDTL but hope the other league is good for you guys.

So Recruiting in Hoops Dynasty... I love it! lol.

You have 2 windows to recruit in the game, the 1st is 5 RL days which occurs just before the regular season ends and conf tournaments start. The 2nd is 3 days at the end of the season.

As I mentioned before, you can scout guys almost all season, provided you have funds.

Recruiting works like this. You always get 20 attention pts (AP) plus an additional 20 per opening for the next season. Ie. 3 SRs, you'd have 80 AP. Minimum 20 AP.

Once the recruiting window opens, you place 0 to 20 AP on target players. 4 times a day (5 & 9 AM & PM) pts are applied to targets. As pts go up, you unlock options such as offer scholarship, home visit, etc. Once you decide a target is no longer desirable you can adjust your points as you see fit. So for example, if I have 10 AP going to player x but find another player who has less targets on him, I could drop him down to 0 and place the 10 AP on the other player or split it up among any number of guys how i see fit. During the next window (5 or 9 Am/Pm) pts would then be applied to the new targets.

If you only set 40 of 80 AP, you'd be wasting 40 AP each cycle, so it's to your advantage to place all your pts. Though for the first window, you'd want to put fewer on more guys and then evaluate your chances vs other potential schools.

Being in D3 is challenging as D1 & D2 schools have more resources to poach and the best strategy, I've read, is to stay close to home. Within 300 miles.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Edit: Also, note you can remove scholarships later in the season. You're only allowed 12, but if you have a walk on or are able to upgrade, you can drop at the end of season before recruiting session 2.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun - when does the new season start? I might sign on for a season or so, see if I like it.

Sounds like fun - when does the new season start? I might sign on for a season or so, see if I like it.

New Season starts 4/1 but you may be able to reserve a team for next season now. Worst case, there is a window just before rollover where you can join.

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/signup/JobSelection.aspx?wid=7&cid=145

It'll be $5 for your first/trial season. Warak and I are in the world "Crum".

Rumor has it from occasionally, they offer up a package deal which is discounted for something like 6 months.

I signed up - picked some rando team. I love the fact that Rice is #1 overall and all the conference realignment never happened - UConn currently leading the Big East and #17 Maryland in 3rd place in the ACC.

I signed up - picked some rando team. I love the fact that Rice is #1 overall and all the conference realignment never happened - UConn currently leading the Big East and #17 Maryland in 3rd place in the ACC.

Yeah, or that Clemson and most of the ACC have A+ prestiges!

Welcome aboard, hit me or Warak up with any questions. Once we all get to D1, we'll setup non-conf games.

In the DTL Test League, there is a 5'11 recruit from Grand Rapids named Ismael Smith who projects to GGGEPG. Maxing him on principle.

I signed Ish in the Test League

Ismail Smith GGGEFG +6

But in the hidden attribute of cojones, he is Exc+ :thumbsup:

New Season starts Monday. Warak and I both moved up to Division 2 for our 2nd seasons. Hoping to get Div 1 in a couple seasons.

New Coach signups end today @ 4 EST.

Reach out if you have interest and/or questions.

DaDeacs has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Haha! Ping me on Trillian, I added you.

Friday's reveal gave this

Chase Duran 1/1
Emilio Tellez 2/2
Rylee Holmes CL
Erasmo Jackson 1/1

As a small program, I can only max 4. With a CL on Holmes, I'll bank a few RP's to scout out some unwanted recruits stuck on 15 RP's. Any help appreciated. PG's preferred.

I know there doesn't appear to be much interest in Hoops Dynasty, but just in case window opens again in Crum game world 5/19.

If anyone does sign up, prestige is the primary factor you want in your D3 school. Try and get a team loaded with JRs (future SRs) as this will help you win right away so you can jump to D2 next season. If not, you'd use the prestige and slots for recruiting. PM if you have questions.

Apologies for the Necro...

Wanted to reach out to the ole DTL gang and let you know that Warak and I are still playing Hoops Dynasty. It's (IMO) far more along than DTL and quite good. Reason for my post today is they are doing a new user special sometime today and running for a month (5 seasons for the price of 1 $12.95) Plenty of time to get a sense of the game and with some luck/mentoring get you to D1. You start off in D3.

I've taken over Depaul and Warak Belmont in the Horizon of World CRUM. New coaches can join CRUM 3/22. I'd recommend we all get into CRUM if you do join.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. The game has also recently created a discord channel allowing real time chat and discussions, so that's another option for reaching out. I'm Stormfury on discord.

Keep an eye on the following thread for details on the promotion code which should be released sometime today: https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=525990

Will try and post it here as well once it's out there.

Hope all is well with you guys.

Back