• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Yeah, I gave Eric Wright one more shot at PG vs. Boca and he flamed out. He's done.

I started Phifer and he had 11 pts, 3 ast on 5-9 fg. Morin got 27 and I got 18 from freshman SF Konrad Garrett and 12 from Soph PF Williams Corley. Even Sr C Peter Murphy had 7 points. Flagstaff definitely owned the boards, but Duluth shot 56% from the field.

I'm getting nice production from 7-1 bSF Lowell Murray. He's more of a big man glue guy, but he had 5 pts today and 4 vs. Boca in 10 min each.

Been too busy to pour over recruiting. I have found two PGs I really like. I agree with others that this is an extremely poor class. With my new system, I had quite a few players who rated 9+ in a 10 max system. This time only a few players are over an 8. I still need to tweak it some more, but regardless, it's just a poor class. I don't really see any strong positions although there are some solid tweeners out there. Most likely I'll max 3 PGs and a tweener who could play PF if needed. If I can get one stud and two whatevers out of this, I'll be happy.

Rodolfo Aguilar is a beast. Good luck to those of you on him.

Any reason why nobody took my four scrimmages from last week? I don't really need them now, but I'm just curious. I hope they run out so I can test out some lineups for next year during the NTT.

Last edited:
Well Flagstaff faced off with Duluth tonight and for a half it was going nicely, with Flagstaff holding a 40-33 advantage. Then Duluth went off. Outscored Flagstaff 55-34 in the second half. Not pretty. Coach Pilot will not be sad when Ernest Morin graduates. He kills us everytime we play. Not much more I can do than put my Sr. Exc defender, Exc Athlete on him, and it still didn't matter.

Unfortunately, My bigs didn't have the same success that Mr. Morin had. Stone and Naquin had fits with the defenders coach Ph threw at them, combining to go a terrible 11/30. Pretty awful for 7'1 and 6'11 guys. They did combine for almost as many rebounds as Duluth did as a team, but it didn't matter. Looks like I need to turn AP loose again, and limit Mr. Naquin until he adjust a little more to the college game.

Good game Ph, looks like you have a yet another really strong team, appreciate the game bud.

Told ya Naquin was a rifle dropping frog. What kind of man is named "Rene" anyway? :wtf:

Frankfort is here for the rebound W, though. I was glad/lucky to win tonight so I wouldn't have to lose two in a row.

Told ya Naquin was a rifle dropping frog. What kind of man is named "Rene" anyway? :wtf:

Frankfort is here for the rebound W, though. I was glad/lucky to win tonight so I wouldn't have to lose two in a row.

haha I hear ya, I would be fine with Naquin starting slow but Stone starting slowly is killing me, as I anticipated getting more from him. At least i'll outrebound people with all my bricks!

haha I hear ya, I would be fine with Naquin starting slow but Stone starting slowly is killing me, as I anticipated getting more from him. At least i'll outrebound people with all my bricks!

I find it interesting how our teams are all matching up differently against one another. You guys are beating up on Flagstaff who ripped me a new one in scrimmages and our official matchup. Dearborn vs Boca has been hit or miss for both our teams depending on who has a good game.

Funny the code for simming must use the same random seed because I had the exact same issue that Dearborn had. We lead the entire game and by 7 with 4 to go and then suddenly ice cold. No pts the final 3:45 of the game, otherwise we'd have won just by trading baskets. :tard:

Any reason why nobody took my four scrimmages from last week? I don't really need them now, but I'm just curious. I hope they run out so I can test out some lineups for next year during the NTT.

I didn't realize they were out there or I would have taken one. Sorry about that. Do you want me to take one now?

Since you beat me, yeah. Take one of the later ones with Phifer at PG.

Holy lord I got smooooooooked by Carbondale. I have been trying to find a good mix of my new players - this obviously wasn't it. Shot atrociously and his team was on fire for the first half and just kept the beating going. I am going to need to figure out how to rebound. With a +10 in rebounding for my team (starting group is +4), would figure it wouldn't be that tough.... not so fast sweetheart.

Jeeeeez, makes me wonder about my team now.

I find it interesting how our teams are all matching up differently against one another. You guys are beating up on Flagstaff who ripped me a new one in scrimmages and our official matchup. Dearborn vs Boca has been hit or miss for both our teams depending on who has a good game.

Funny the code for simming must use the same random seed because I had the exact same issue that Dearborn had. We lead the entire game and by 7 with 4 to go and then suddenly ice cold. No pts the final 3:45 of the game, otherwise we'd have won just by trading baskets. :tard:

Same thing happened to me in the NTT Final.

Frankfort and Dearborn stayed within one possession of each other for three quarters; then, Dearborn went ice cold for 4 mins to start the fourth. Frankfort went on an 11-0 run to get a lead, held off Dearborn's late run, including their game tying three pointer. 79-76. Rodrigo Lott with 18, but the SuperViewer PoG was Marvin Haynes 2/5, 3 reb, 5 ast, 1 blk, 3 stl. Good game, warak, and good luck recruiting.

great game last night awaken! the game was back and forth for the entire 1st half and 1/2 of the 2nd half. we got a little lead and then we faded down the stretch! must be due to the 2OT game on Monday! :thumbsup:

last night Travers was trying to be the star that he was on Monday but the battle between Tuttle and Travers ended up the same way my scrimmages looked when i maxed both of them. i have his shot only at a 5/1 but he just kept shooting and missing...damn! i think i am on a 5 season slide to awaken and that will have to change! maybe this time it will be in the NTT! :D

Since you beat me, yeah. Take one of the later ones with Phifer at PG.

Done. Not sure I got one with Phifer, if I didn't I'll send you a scrimmage so you can tweak your lineup as you like.

Last edited:
I took one, Ph. Had to wait a week. Used my starting lineup, and hope to get yours.

Frankfort has two Sr's @ NA, so we're recruiting aggressively:

Rodolfo Aguilar r24
Justin Gomez r11
KC Nelson r11

I expect a lot of company for all three; but really, couldn't we see some Bubba Stevens, Eugene Saunders, and Gary Strong? ;)

Very true, we just all have really solid teams (Flagstaff, Frankfort, Boca, Duluth, Nashville, and Dearborn are all in the top 15 or so of the recruiting rankings, each with an average between 20-35). We all are really similar in talent and this game is all about matchups, some of us just matchup better with each other than other squads. Makes it really interesting.

Holy lord I got smooooooooked by Carbondale. I have been trying to find a good mix of my new players - this obviously wasn't it. Shot atrociously and his team was on fire for the first half and just kept the beating going. I am going to need to figure out how to rebound. With a +10 in rebounding for my team (starting group is +4), would figure it wouldn't be that tough.... not so fast sweetheart.

Jeeeeez, makes me wonder about my team now.

I was surprised, too. We started Boyd Cason at PG and he played incredibly well. I'm not convinced this is my best line up, but it's similar to the one the computer picked and I can't argue with the result. Good luck the rest of the season. Now I've gotta figure out recruiting.

Recruiting sucks balls. Even the best players aren't that impressive. I want to go 2 pg and 2 tweener but it's an ugly field.

Agreed Ph, it is a pretty terrible class as compared to past classes that have been much stronger. Just did my maxes, with an emphasis on forwards. Hope that I can get a good class

No kidding. Only bigs have good hands and no one can play defense. I feel like I've got a couple of options at PG, but I have to get a pPG. That takes the pressure off of having one as a max and allows me to try to sneak some options through the net. I need some size, but will have to settle for undersized post players, it looks like. I'm maxing:

Seth Weston(r16) and
Jefferey Odom(r18)- who I'm sure I'll have a mess of company on from my region.

I can't let Jeff Odom go by - he's too good in a weak class, and the best Frankfort recruit in memory.

God this tourney is brutal, I'm going to have to play a great game tonight just to end up not starting 0-3. Not cool. Also, looks like the Rodolfo Aguilar is going to be one of,if not the most recruited player out there, not surprised.

Still tweaking lineup, I've had a diff lineup each game trying to figure out something I like. Hoping I can get this lineup to help. I'll release who I maxed soon haha, trying to sneak a couple by:plos:

Back