• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Still tweaking lineup, I've had a diff lineup each game trying to figure out something I like. Hoping I can get this lineup to help. I'll release who I maxed soon haha, trying to sneak a couple by:plos:

i am sort of doing the same thing but i am also on the fence between 2. currently neither have been mentioned so i want to keep my options open! ;)

I'll go ahead and list my maxes.

Jaime Buck r5
Royce Whistler r5
Jacquez Spann r7

and I've got a couple net guys in r6 right now.

Won my game against Asheville, around 20 I think. Think I found a good solution at sg finally! Now I just need to get Ruis to shoot 12 to 15 times a game, but he never does though his shooting is a 9. Need to sub out sg a lot though to keep fresh. Here are my maxes:

Allan Hutchinson r14- huge stud, averages 30ppg and his attributes are favorable for being a +7 probably. Would be great to have with gary being a junior.
Dennis Hurt r5
Randall walters r3
Robert Rainville r25

hopeful for a great class, hutchinson only one top 75, could bode well for me. Did a focus on forwards and couldn't miss on hutchinson, can't wait to see who my challengers are for these prospects!

Carbondale beat Branson 89-79 to move us to 3-0 on the young season. Boyd Cason fouled out both opposing PGs and Brett Sagers hit his average of 22 ppg from the SG position. These freshmen have really played better than I expected. We're a bit of a paper tiger right now and hit helped that Branson only gives Theodore Via 10 minutes per game for some reason, but I'll take it.

Recruiting looks ok for now as only Jefferey Odom was listed. I'm guessing a 3/3 or so.

Flagstaff had a really good night, picking up a 80-67 win over rival Frankfort to get our first win of the season. Angelo Pedigo once again made Coach awaken sorry for not offering him a spot in Frankfort, scoring 20 points and dishing out 3 assist. Albert Stone was the POG though, going off for 17/15 on a great shooting night. Anytime I can get that production against a center like Tuttle i'm going to be really happy. Thanks for the game awaken, it's alwasy fun to play the best coach in the league and come away with a W.

Although the win over Frankfort was nice, recruiting results may be the best news of the night. For the first time in a long time Flagstaff only finds 1 of it's maxes on the initial top 75 list.

Rodolfo Aguliar -#3
Gene Macklin NR
Paul Livingston NR
Will Sollars NR

My net also looks pretty darn good so I"m really happy with how this turned out. We'll see if any of my 3 NR guys bump after tomorrow updates but Flagstaff is very hopeful!

Last edited:
Congrats PH on winning this year's DeACCon Challenge!

Boca got a big early season win against Dearborn 97-88. FR PG Mo Poisson continues to light the nets with 24 pts. Willie Coyne for Dearborn continues to dish the ball with success as he had 7 assists many of which went to Colin Knox (24 pts) and Lorenzo Jimenez (22 pts). For Boca, SR C Stephen Norris added 16 while Hutchings and Atkins both added 15 pts.

Good game Warak. Good luck the rest of the season.

God this tourney is brutal, I'm going to have to play a great game tonight just to end up not starting 0-3. Not cool. Also, looks like the Rodolfo Aguilar is going to be one of,if not the most recruited player out there, not surprised.

You got that right! Any tournament that forces Flagstaff, Dearborn and Nashville all to 1-2 to start the season is Brutal. Great tourney guys!

Now for the ho hum divisional play. My next 3 divisional opponents are ALL 0-3. This tournament is vital for PR for some of us. Sheesh, Taking Boca out of the picture Conference 13 is 3-15 to start the season. Ouch.

No big surprise in recruiting:
Brice Truong (6)
Tad Board (32)
Jessie Martinez (55)
Bryon Tobias (9)

I had a feeling but I rolled the dice. We just need to land one of the bigs to potentially put something special together next season. 17 unranked players in my net though.

Last edited:
Congrats PH on winning this year's DeACCon Challenge!

Boca got a big early season win against Dearborn 97-88. FR PG Mo Poisson continues to light the nets with 24 pts. Willie Coyne for Dearborn continues to dish the ball with success as he had 7 assists many of which went to Colin Knox (24 pts) and Lorenzo Jimenez (22 pts). For Boca, SR C Stephen Norris added 16 while Hutchings and Atkins both added 15 pts.

Good game Warak. Good luck the rest of the season.

Think you had the wrong freshman picked as to which of your young guards would be the better player storm, not a bad problem to have haha.

As expected, Flagstaff beat Frankfort. The PG I should have taken (Pedigo) faced the PG I took (Eveland): advantage Pedigo 20-4. Don't ever let the cpu pick among "similar" PG's. In hindsight, Eveland's *advantage* over Pedigo - rebounding. At the PG spot, pretty worthless. Sometimes the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.

Bench defense (which rates pretty well) was atrocious tonight. From SuperViewer, FGa:
J. Bothwell 3/4
B. Carter 2/5
G. Watson 4/4
B. Lindstrom 1/6
T. Patrick 4/6
Total 14/25 (56%)

Starters were 19/46 (41%).

It's not like this game was ever close. The final margin was after my final run from a 22 pt deficit. Good game, tau; and good luck recruiting.

Speaking of recruiting, Frankfort's aggression was born out in the Top 75
Justin Gomez NR
KC Nelson (2)
Rodolfo Aguilar (3)
Jeffrey Odom (54)

Net is decent, and this year, it can't be great.

had a feeling my changes would not work for me...great game storm, i had a feeling this game was yours! good luck the rest of the way, keep my PR high!

recruiting was not what i was hoping for but it could have been worse:

Alcock - NL - vintage Dearborn, 6'7" +6 tweener PF
Hutchinson - #12 - big time scorer SG, he fits a big need!
Baughman - #52 - similar to Alcock, 6'7" SF/PF that was really solid in scrimmages.
Lung - #42 - he is my 6'8" SF/PF sort of sleeper. his numbers don't turn you on but he scrimmages as his +5+ scouted ratings.

i need to see what happens in the morning to see if i think Lung and Baughman are worse that i thought. i thought they could attract attention but could also be in a lot of nets...i am hoping for the second option! my short net has no top 75-ers, at least not right now!

Think you had the wrong freshman picked as to which of your young guards would be the better player storm, not a bad problem to have haha.

Exact opposite to the way they played in Scrimmages. But like you said it's a wonderful problem to have.

I maxed Lung too.

Although the win over Frankfort was nice, recruiting results may be the best news of the night. For the first time in a long time Flagstaff only finds 1 of it's maxes on the initial top 75 list.

Rodolfo Aguliar -#3
Gene Macklin NR
Paul Livingston NR
Will Sollars NR

My net also looks pretty darn good so I"m really happy with how this turned out. We'll see if any of my 3 NR guys bump after tomorrow updates but Flagstaff is very hopeful!

After this morning's processing two of my guys popped into the top 75. My list now looks like this:

Rodolfo Aguliar -#2
Gene Macklin NR
Paul Livingston #62
Will Sollars #66

Not to bad at all, really excited that Macklin is still NR. Exc scouted 6'6 combo guard that looks like a #+6, +7 if his INT is a Good. Would LOVE if he somehow came in 0/0 or 1/1. Kid played really well at PG against Hutchingson. Also really like that the bigs are only in the 60's. Would love to add either. Net still looks like I will have some options as well.

Don't remember the last time I won the DeACCon Challenge. Pays to have a lineup pretty much in mind going into the season. Feel good about this team. Scrimmages and games confirm that putting Morin and Garrett at 9 shooting is key. Morin is averaging 26.3 on 55/45/80 shooting. Garrett is averaging 16.3 on 53% shooting although I need to drop his 3-point shooting.

I'm trying again to get two PGs. It's more necessary this time since I lose Phifer.

Went with two big PGs whose stats I think are misleading:

Monroe Brim r19 Louisville Exc Scouted and should come out FGEFEG. He's averaging 2.8 ast in HS, but he averaged around 6 ast in scrimmages. Played good defense as well. Played PG for a team that went 23-4 last year and is 5-1 this year. So far, he's not in the Top 75.

Forrest Doty r11 Baton Rouge is a riskier pick. One of the league leaders in assists at 4.5. His scoring continues to go up. He's averaging 7.5 pts after 6 games compared to 5 after the first 3 games. Fair- Scouted GGEgg. I think he'll end up GGEFFG which definitely works for me in a weak PG class.

Both 6-8 tweeners are in the Top 75. I figure my Soph PF can move to C next year so I could use a PF instead of a C, maybe a SF. Herb Lung actually moved down from #42 to #58 so me and warak could be the only ones on him. Arthur Vanmeter moved up to #68 after I put points on him. Both looked like 15/7 guys in scrimmages. Need to check them out at SF.

In a couple of scrimmages...

Monroe Brim shot 1/6 and 3/10 against Patrick Kirtley. 3/3 and 7/0 assists to turnovers. No steals either game.

Vanmeter at SF against Philip Holt had 13 pts on 5/8 shooting, 5 boards and 0 steals, 2/2 assist to turnovers in one. 2/9 shooting, 7 boards, 1 steal and 2/4 assist to turnovers in the other.

Don't remember the last time I won the DeACCon Challenge. Pays to have a lineup pretty much in mind going into the season. Feel good about this team. Scrimmages and games confirm that putting Morin and Garrett at 9 shooting is key. Morin is averaging 26.3 on 55/45/80 shooting. Garrett is averaging 16.3 on 53% shooting although I need to drop his 3-point shooting.

I'm trying again to get two PGs. It's more necessary this time since I lose Phifer.

Went with two big PGs whose stats I think are misleading:

Monroe Brim r19 Louisville Exc Scouted and should come out FGEFEG. He's averaging 2.8 ast in HS, but he averaged around 6 ast in scrimmages. Played good defense as well. Played PG for a team that went 23-4 last year and is 5-1 this year. So far, he's not in the Top 75.

Forrest Doty r11 Baton Rouge is a riskier pick. One of the league leaders in assists at 4.5. His scoring continues to go up. He's averaging 7.5 pts after 6 games compared to 5 after the first 3 games. Fair- Scouted GGEgg. I think he'll end up GGEFFG which definitely works for me in a weak PG class.

Both 6-8 tweeners are in the Top 75. I figure my Soph PF can move to C next year so I could use a PF instead of a C, maybe a SF. Herb Lung actually moved down from #42 to #58 so me and warak could be the only ones on him. Arthur Vanmeter moved up to #68 after I put points on him. Both looked like 15/7 guys in scrimmages. Need to check them out at SF.

Darn you Ph, I was hoping that Doty's numbers would keep him from being maxed, and I was going to get him up to about 30 or so RPE in the next 2 weeks. Brim was also in my safety net. Doty was interesting in scrimmages for me. I ran him in about 10 scrimmages againt Hutchinson and he was 2/3 great games with like 6/1 Assist/TO ration and then 1/3 games where he was about a 1/1. If you can get more consistency from him he'll be a real steal.

No big surprise in recruiting:
Brice Truong (6)
Tad Board (32)
Jessie Martinez (55)
Bryon Tobias (9)

I purposely skipped putting points on last night to gauge how these guys would look today.

Brice Truong (13) (down slightly)
Tad Board (9) - Looks like a heavy tie
Jessie Martinez (20) - A lot of movement up for him as well.
Brian Tobias (8) - Slightly higher.

All 17 netters still remained unranked. I'm contemplating dropping off one of the above and spending points in my net.

I purposely skipped putting points on last night to gauge how these guys would look today.

Brice Truong (13) (down slightly)
Tad Board (9) - Looks like a heavy tie
Jessie Martinez (20) - A lot of movement up for him as well.
Brian Tobias (8) - Slightly higher.

All 17 netters still remained unranked. I'm contemplating dropping off one of the above and spending points in my net.

Ouch man, thats a ton of movement when you didn't put anything on them. I just went back and looked at Boards scrim stats I ran, in mine and the 10 or so I did for you and he's going to be a monster for someone.

Ouch man, thats a ton of movement when you didn't put anything on them. I just went back and looked at Boards scrim stats I ran, in mine and the 10 or so I did for you and he's going to be a monster for someone.

I'll stay on Board as his pref is winning. I'm likely to stay on 3 of them and drop the least likely to put points in my net. Still not sure as I may just stay on all 4. I really just need to land 1 true center for next season.

Back