• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Yeah, I don't think anybody believes in "calling" or "reserving" a player. As you mentioned, it's best for managing the net. I screwed over a few of you on Brim and I got screwed on a few players.

For me, other people maxing a player can be a tiebreaker. If I knew the two 6-8 tweeners I maxed were already maxed, I probably would have maxed similar players I didn't know where maxed. I wasn't that sold on them. Still not actually. Depending on scrimmages, I may drop Lung and spend more on my net.

When I post a max on time, I'm not reserving a player, I'm just letting the competition know they're up against me so they can decide if they want to challenge me or not.

i think that would be a great idea!!! ;)

Dearborn - 80
Green Bay - 67

another tough game...in fact i have a very difficult schedule with the DeACCon tournament and my other 2 non-conference games are to Milwaukee (19-5 last season) and Naples (15-9 last season but a top 10 class).

Knox played his game and this is the reason i have to find him minutes...27pts on 11-17 shooting! Jimenez is starting to struggle with 5tos :wtf: and my bench is having problems as well.

i have made the NTT just about every season but i have a feeling that i need to win either the C15 championship or the tournament to ensure this streak to continue. luckily i just completed the first round of games against the #3 and #4 teams...only Nashville is remaining!

We are going for our first ever championship in League 1 as the Boulder Klein Bottles face Concord. It will be a game of stregnths as both of our guard tandems are seniors, and we each have young studs as well. Mine is Tobiah Ebeling at C and his is Harry Roberts at SF.

Good posts above. I tend to put better Hands at 1-3-5. I'd "hide" your None hands guy at PF with reasonably high shot setting.

Now, I was playing a turrible team, but I put Mr. None Hands at PF, responded with a 23/7 night, 2 blocks, 1 steal and 7/12 from the field. Maybe found a keeper PF.

Now, I was playing a turrible team, but I put Mr. None Hands at PF, responded with a 23/7 night, 2 blocks, 1 steal and 7/12 from the field. Maybe found a keeper PF.

Good Deal!
:thumbsup:

good luck tonight coaches!

storm and i face off tonight in L15...should be a close one!

good luck tonight coaches!

storm and i face off tonight in L15...should be a close one!

Sure if you call 13 pts close... I'm just not to your level of talent in L15. :(

At least recruiting wasn't so unkind to me:

Kyle Kilpatrick CL - Solid Shooting guard, hope he plays better D than mine who's been killing me.
Lloyd Ordonez 1/1 - Toss up between me and Bangor
Kennith Parker (66) 2/2 - Colorado Springs (22),Odessa (25) with him G- local and from R23.
Paul Schrader (3) 8/8 - Wow...

My net is shot to hell as all of the players were maxed with the exception of a couple of super safe guys and I'm even behind on those guys.

Boca Raton - 96
Athens - 61

Both Atkins and Poisson struggled in this game otherwise it would have been a lot uglier. Bert Hutchings lead all scorers with 22/8, Poisson added 13, Atkins and Cochran had 11 and Norris had 10/10. All but 1 of Boca's 10 players scored 6 or more points.

Next Up Jersey City #116.

Boca's 4 games away from evening out the school's winning percentage all time:
Program Record: 793 - 797 (.499)

Hopefully we can tie the record Game 10 against Savannah and get above .500 for the first time in school history against Asheville Game 11.

Sure if you call 13 pts close... I'm just not to your level of talent in L15. :(

At least recruiting wasn't so unkind to me:

Kyle Kilpatrick CL - Solid Shooting guard, hope he plays better D than mine who's been killing me.
Lloyd Ordonez 1/1 - Toss up between me and Bangor
Kennith Parker (66) 2/2 - Colorado Springs (22),Odessa (25) with him G- local and from R23.
Paul Schrader (3) 8/8 - Wow...

My net is shot to hell as all of the players were maxed with the exception of a couple of super safe guys and I'm even behind on those guys.

My recruiting looks okay, my net is pretty shot to hell as well. Going to see what some guys do with their CL's and maybe chase some kids down.

I have:

Lawrence Powers 0/0 CL

Lawrence is a 6'6 SG who we feel will fit in perfectly at PG or SF, where ever he is needed. Powers is a EXC scouted FGEG_G. He's also averaging 16 ppg and has a 1.5/.2 A/TO margin. Looks like a keeper and will be our most well rounded and talented player as soon as he steps on campus.

Lavon Dickinson 7/7
Luis Chavez 6/6

Schrader still blows me away, glad I dropped off after the reveal.

Last edited:
Flagstaff got a nice 103-82 win over a pretty solid Yuma team. THey have a 10/17 soph class so they are pretty much my biggest competition in conference 32. AP scored 26 and Naquin pitched in 22 with 3 blocks. I once again had 5 guys in double figures and won the rebounding 44-28. This is probably the most well rounded offense and best rebounding team i've ever had. Have what should be a barnburner against ntn and Chicago on monday. Glad I scheduled such an easy OOC schedule this season :plos:

Carbondale survived a much closer than expected game against 1-5 Paducah, 99-97. Cason had 22 and Sagers had 25. They're both averaging over 20ppg. If I can put some talent around these guys in the next couple of seasons, we might be able to do something special.

Speaking of, I've put myself into a tough spot in recruiting. About 1/3 of my net is filled with PG prospects because I wasn't sure if Boyd Cason or Patrick Duhon could handle the spot right away. Now that I know I have two capable PGs on the roster, I would have nowhere to put a PG if I brought one in as a recruit. My N/As are filled by a couple of walk-on recruits that will hopefully never see the light of day. So, my net is thinner on bigs than it should have been and it's already a pretty thin class for bigs.

I guess the good news is that my graduating senior class are all back-ups, so I'm not having to replace starter-level players. Also, Seth Weston is still unlisted as are a few competent post players in my net. Looks like I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

I've had to stash extra PG's at bSF/SF. If they are athletic, they can overcome what they give up in height. I had Bothwell at bSF last year. Usually you'll have a PG who is a good rebounder (otherwise useless attribute for PG) that can help you decide who gets to be the 3.

Wow, all my maxes are top 25 most recruited:

Justin Gomez (25)
KC Nelson (1)
Rodolfo Aguilar (3)
Jeffrey Odom (19)

*gulp*

We'll see on the reveal this Friday if it is as bad as it seems. I suspect it is.

Justin Gomez (25)
KC Nelson (1)
Rodolfo Aguilar (3)
Jeffrey Odom (19)

*gulp*

We'll see on the reveal this Friday if it is as bad as it seems. I suspect it is.

Ouch awaken, looks like you will need some lottery ball luck this season with you maxes. My recruiting looks a little better but not a ton.

Gene Macklin NR
Rodolfo Aguilar 3
Will Sollars 13
Paul Livingston 35

Love that Macklin is NR. If he's a 0/0 he's a steal.

Justin Gomez (25)
KC Nelson (1)
Rodolfo Aguilar (3)
Jeffrey Odom (19)

*gulp*

I'm in the same boat, so I dropped off the one I feel I have the least chance at and the most active increase over the past couple of weeks. This way I've got more room to maneuver in the net. Hope to land the 3 I am staying on but planning on missing on all 3.

Flagstaff picked up a big OOC win tonight against a really solid Chicago team. Angelo Pedigo played fantastic, netting 29 from the PG spot. The game was one at the free throw line, where Flagstaff outshot Chicago 19 shots to 1. Might have been a little home cooking on my parts..... Naquin played well again, getting 10 points on 7 shots, 13 boards and 3 blocks. Should have been my last difficult game of the regular season, so I'll be focused on recruiting from here on out.

As for recruiting, man do I want Gene Macklin. Kid just killed it defensively against some great SG's in my most recent round of scrimmages. If I can get Macklin and one of my bigs I'll be extremely happy.

Boca Raton - 94
Jersey City - 80

Like Flagstaff, Boca's finished with the most difficult part of the regular season schedule.

Mo Poisson had 20 pts and 0 assists. Hutchings and Norris had 14/ Mask and Cochran had 12 off the bench.

I Haven't talked a lot about FR PF Michael Gonzalez but this kid's got some serious hands. He is currently leading the team in assists 4.3 per game. The team as a whole is pretty good at passing the ball with 17 apg which is top 25 in L7.

On to the Recruiting:

Like Awaken, all 4 of my initial maxes are top 15.
Brice Truong (12)
Tad Board (11)
Bryon Tobias (8)
Jessie Martinez (15)

I dropped off Martinez due to his preferences were the most questionable and he showed the most increased of the 4 since the initial rankings.

We're going to hope for a Truong, Board and Tobias class but expect to pull in 3 from our net or potentially a walk on or two. 4 of 5 net players I moved on remain unranked. *Fingers crossed*

well, Dearborn lost to the Milwaukee Scythians yesterday 102-90. the fact of the matter is that this is one of my worst teams in many years. the lack of winning ties has now caught up and my players are just overmatched! we were out-rebounded 40-23...this is a huge issue and there is nothing that i can do at the moment. Knox is playing OK but still turning the ball over more than i would like...he is leading the conference in scoring now and he has only started the last 2 or 3 games!

recruiting has taken a bad turn...Lung #13, Hutchinson #7 and Alcock #41, i dropped Baughman and has fallen back to #60, i chose poorly! my net is in good shape and i will need to be smart and lucky to git myself in a good situation!

well, Dearborn lost to the Milwaukee Scythians yesterday 102-90. the fact of the matter is that this is one of my worst teams in many years. the lack of winning ties has now caught up and my players are just overmatched! we were out-rebounded 40-23...this is a huge issue and there is nothing that i can do at the moment. Knox is playing OK but still turning the ball over more than i would like...he is leading the conference in scoring now and he has only started the last 2 or 3 games!

recruiting has taken a bad turn...Lung #13, Hutchinson #7 and Alcock #41, i dropped Baughman and has fallen back to #60, i chose poorly! my net is in good shape and i will need to be smart and lucky to git myself in a good situation!

Milwaukee is in my division - they are a pretty solid team, which means I will lose to them, by a lot.

My maxes are stressing me out to the point that I don't want to look at them any more. 3 of the 4 are in the top 75 and all are moving up fast:

Bubba Stevens - PG - reg 17 - #9
Arthur Vanmeter - C - reg 15 - #28
Alan Anderson - SG - reg 15 - #49

My fourth guy I will get, he is a PG at G+G+FG+F. I don't really like his hands, but he scrimmaged well with few turnovers and awesome defense, so I hope it sticks.

Assuming I continue to suck this year, gonna struggle with Stevens as he is Good+ in terms of looking for a winner - assuming he is out (granted he is Good+ in local, and I am one region away, hope that plays in my favor). The other two are Poor- in both local & win, not sure if that is going to help or hurt. I am probably looking at two walk-ons this year....

Back