• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

well, Dearborn lost to the Milwaukee Scythians yesterday 102-90. the fact of the matter is that this is one of my worst teams in many years. the lack of winning ties has now caught up and my players are just overmatched! we were out-rebounded 40-23...this is a huge issue and there is nothing that i can do at the moment. Knox is playing OK but still turning the ball over more than i would like...he is leading the conference in scoring now and he has only started the last 2 or 3 games!

recruiting has taken a bad turn...Lung #13, Hutchinson #7 and Alcock #41, i dropped Baughman and has fallen back to #60, i chose poorly! my net is in good shape and i will need to be smart and lucky to git myself in a good situation!

Surprised to hear your team is struggling so much warak. When you knocked me off to start the year I expected you to have a really solid season, as I feel this is one of my better teams in the last little bit. Hope you get it turned around.

Surprised to hear your team is struggling so much warak. When you knocked me off to start the year I expected you to have a really solid season, as I feel this is one of my better teams in the last little bit. Hope you get it turned around.

I'm a little surprised too because you won 75% of our scrimmages.

With regards to recruiting, I think everyone is going to have a tough time this cycle due to the weak class. Don't lose faith. 1 class doesn't break your team. It's a speedbump on your journey. My current senior class was one of those road bumps.

I think at this point our teams are all supermen and there's one maybe two other teams that hold the kryptonite.

thanks for the encouragement guys...my team is NTT worthy but i just have a tough road ahead to get there and my need a guaranteed spot to be sure. last time i didn't make NTT...S44!

i am #73 now and could get into good shape...heck, i could surprise some good teams also! one more tough OOC game and 3 more tough conference games to make this happen!

the rebounding thing is killing me! i just can't compete with these other big teams...i should be able to score with just about everyone though.

I think at this point our teams are all supermen and there's one maybe two other teams that hold the kryptonite.

Yea that's true. We are kind of running league 7 for the most part.

Yea that's true. We are kind of running league 7 for the most part.

So I ran some scrimmages with Gene Macklin and now i'm even more pumped that he could possibly be a 0/0. Dude might be the best defender i've ever scrimmaged. He held Tad Board and Rodolfo Aguilar to 48 total points in 6 games. The lineups they were a part of did have some chuckers in them but still this info has me extremely upbeat about possibly adding him to my team. If he's clear storm, i'll get off your back about you ending up with elite guards with such such little fight for them :D

So I ran some scrimmages with Gene Macklin and now i'm even more pumped that he could possibly be a 0/0. Dude might be the best defender i've ever scrimmaged. He held Tad Board and Rodolfo Aguilar to 48 total points in 6 games. The lineups they were a part of did have some chuckers in them but still this info has me extremely upbeat about possibly adding him to my team. If he's clear storm, i'll get off your back about you ending up with elite guards with such such little fight for them :D

Tell ya what, I'll let you have him clear if you let me win 3 of my 4 ties this year. Deal?

Haha I hear ya. Looking at my team, Naquin was the last tie I've won since I won a 3/3 on Claude Snodgrass and he's a senior. The rest were net leads or guys I snuck up on to get to 0/1 in the last week. So I feel like I was due! That said if you can ever win a tie on one of your max bigs you will be looking scary.

Midseason NTT - DeACCon Review

We're approaching the halfway point, so here is a look at the DeACCon squads and our NTT hopes for Season 67.

Currently the upper tier of Deacon squad's are ranked a little lower than last season's end of year rankings, but almost all of us are in the top 150 and closing in on top 100 slots. As we continue through the regular season and conference tournaments, I expect we'll once again hold a good # of teams in the top 25/top 10.

My mid-season prediction is that 10 DeACCon coaches dance this season in the NTT and we'll have a strong showing from a couple in the PTT.

Frankfort Deacon Blues #6 (6-1)
DeACCon Challenge: 3-3
Coach: awaken

A perennial top 5 program, Frankfort's already #6 and that should increase as he claws his way through the toughest conference in L7. The Deacon Blue's certainly aren't singing a sad tune as their only loss this season is to #31 Flagstaff and they have already picked up big wins against #48 Carbondale, #47 Nashville and #73 Dearborn all schools I expect to be in the top 30-40 pre-NTT rankings.

Should Frankfort finish atop conference 18, there is no question this team should get a 1 seed. The challenge is closer than you might expect as 5 of the top 25 recruiting classes went to C18 last season. The Blues however have a capable pair of JRs in C Bernard Tuttle and PF Rorigo Lott who are carrying the load with a combined 30 ppg and 11 rbpg. Youth at the PG and SG positions in SOs Jared Eveland and Elmer Custis has provided a bit more turnovers than coach Awaken would like but Frankfort continues to reload and fire at NTT final fours and championship banners. This season is no different and the Deacon Blues will be in the mix once more.

Duluth Bullish Deacs #19 (6-1)
DeACCon Challenge: 5-1 (Champion)
Coach: phdeac

Boy was I wrong about Ph's squad going into the DeACCon challenge. The national media appears to have made the same mistake ranking Duluth #19 when this squad rolled through the DeACCon challenge with a 15 pt win over Frankfort, 14 pts over Flagstaff, 10 pts over Nashville and 6 pts over Dearborn all top 20 quality squads. The only blip in the road (and I feel compelled to apologize) was against my Boca Squad which was a 5 pt loss. A feat that still baffles me to this day.

JR SG Earnest Morin is leading the Bulls with 22.3 ppg and is getting great support from FR SF Konrad Garret 15.6 ppg and SO PF Williams Corley 11.3 ppg. I'm on the Duluth bandwagon now and I expect come NTT time the national media will be as well. Chicago and Little Rock should provide some challenge to Duluth but I expect the Bullish Deacs to be a 1 seed in this year's dance.

Akron Rowdies #20 (7-0)
DeACCon Challenge: 3-1
Coach: kytihu

That's it! I'm bowing out! Now that that's over, I hope it has the same effect on my team that it did on Akron. The Rowdies have rallied around departing coach Kytihu and started out undefeated. This team has had some serious quality wins already as well beating Branson #58, Rochester #88 and an impressive 3-1 DeACCon challenge. The only roadblock now is Owensboro (7-0) #11, but I have a feeling Reece and Johns will be up to the task.

Someone should tell Milk and Cookies, he might want to reconsider.

Flagstaff Whippersnappers #31 (5-2)
Coach: pilotdeac

Flagstaff's chances of making the NTT are about 99.9% with only Santa Fe and Yuma providing any real challenge, both of which have already lost to Flagstaff by 19+ pts. Coach Pilot (Tau on the boards) does a great job of retooling each year and getting Rene Naquin has proven to be a coup. The FR PF is averaging 15.7 ppg and 9.7 rbpg. Couple him with JR C Albert Stone and the Flagstaff post is deadly with nearly 30 pts and 22 boards a night, not to mention the 19 blocked shots.

The Whippersnappers do have a bit of a turnover problem as they have turned the ball over twice as much as they have taken it away. Flagstaff can score some points though as they have 4 starters in double digits and the team averages 93.7 ppg which puts them 9th and 2nd among deacs in league 7. (Boca Raton #5)

Boca Raton Storm #32 (6-1)
DeACCon Challenge: 4-2
Coach: stormfury

The 4/4 ranked freshman class has kept Boca in the mix this season and should give the Storm their 4th straight conference 13 title. SR C Stephen Norris has played solid minutes averaging almost 14 ppg and 7.6 rbpg. Norris coupled with JR star SF Bert Hutchings 17.9 ppg, 6.7 rbpg and the freshman trio of Poisson, Atkins and Gonzalez has this team dancing again, though likely at a lower seed than last year's #1. Will this be the year Boca gets over the 2nd round hump? We'll have to wait for that but the team is closing in on the school's first ever .500 record as they are 3 games below .500 all time. Mo Poisson has performed better than expected with 18.9 ppg, 3.4 apg and 0.3 turnovers at the helm while Erin Atkins has under performed slightly with 15.9 ppg, 1.4 topg. Atkins has surprisingly gathered 4.4 boards a game for 3rd on the team. Both Atkins and Poisson rank in the top 25 of freshmen scorers with Poisson in the top 10.

The disparity in conference 13 assures this team of NTT bid as Poisson, Hutchings and Atkins are 3 of the top 4 scorers in C13 and Stephen Norris makes it 4 of the top 8. This team is built around scoring and ball control ranking #5 in scoring and #13 in TOpg. Capable of putting up 100 on any given night (94 ppg), it's hard to judge how far this team can go against quality opponents due to the weak C13 competition. They did have their best ever record in the DeACCon Challenge this season with a 4-2 record.

Rumor has it that Flagstaff stud Rene Naquin wanted to join the triple threat of FR in Boca but SIMCA restrictions forced him to choose another option.

Chicago Golden Deacons #42 (6-1)
DeACCon Challenge: N/A
Coach: ntndeacon

Chicago's only loss this season was a 5 pt out of conference match up against Flagstaff. Ntn has his team rolling and the Golden Deacs should be dancing again this season. With a starting lineup entirely of upper class men (3 SR, 2 JR) experience should provide the Chicago fans with a successful campaign and a deep NTT run. SR PG Charlie Blincoe is averaging 6.1 apg to 0.9 turnovers and the team as a whole does a great job of ball control with just over 6 turnovers per game. SR SG Kelvin Stafford is leading the team in scoring and JR C stud Jim Ayers provides scoring, defense and rebounding in the post. With solid play on the bench this team could give Duluth a run for the conference 20 title.

Nashville Domination #47 (5-2)
DeACCon Challenge: 4-2
Coach: reddoor

Make no mistake but Nashville's a top 10 program and likely will win conference 15 this season. Their only 2 losses this season are to top 20 programs Frankfort #6 and Duluth #19.

A nice mix of senior leadership and youth gives coach reddor the ability to bring the younger 39/55 ranked class along slowly. JR PG Quirt Carey is having an all conference year with 18.3 ppg, 2.6 apg and 0.4 turnovers. His mate JR SG Charles Robinson is equally playing well with 17.4 ppg and 2.0 apg and 1.7 steals. FR C Aaron Payne has been a pain to opposing teams this season with 11 blocks and 1.0 stl pg coupled with 7 boards a game. With 2 wins against top 50 programs and only 2 real challenging games remaining (Bloomington, Dearborn) I expect Nashville to Dominate their way to the NTT and possibly land a 1 or 2 seed.

Carbondale Violence #48 (5-2)
DeACCon Challenge: 3-2
Coach: simplex10

The dynamic duo of Carl Baird (PG) and Boyd Cason (SG) has Carbondale dancing this season. The freshmen duo are not only both in the top 5 among freshmen scorers but they are 1-2 in conference 18 scoring. Lost in the mix is solid minutes by FR Patrick Duhon who's providing solid rebounding, assists and ball control at the SF position.

So far Carbondale's only losses this season are to powerhouse Frankfort and a 1 pt loss to Tulsa. If carbondale can manage a 2-2 or better record against the south division and a solid showing in the conference tournament, there is no reason this team doesn't make the NTT field. The #2/3 ranked recruiting class has done a lot to rebuild the program.

If coach simplex can manage to pull in some reserves this cycle, watch out conference 18.

Dearborn Warak's Deacs #73 (4-3)
Coach: warak

Coach warak is determined to under appreciate his squad. "The fact of the matter is that this is one of my worst teams in many years." he was quoted in the Dearborn chronicle, which didn't sit well with boosters last week. That comment plus last season's early exit has some calling for his job, but it's tough for a traditional power's fan base to start out 4-3. Relax Deacs fans, Coach Warak is known for starting out slow and tinkering to the point that his team is deadly down the stretch. Warak will have this lineup right by season's end and you'll be dancing in season 67! With the 11/7 ranked class, and arguably the best passing PG in the league FR Willie Coyne (6.6 apg tied for 1st) Dearborn's only obstacle for dancing is Nashville. Even if Nashville takes the conference title and tournament Dearborn will likely get in based on PR.

Dearborn's losses this season are to Frankfort PR 6, Boca PR 32 and Milwaukee PR 27 all of which are arguably top 25 caliber squads and 2 of which were 1 seeds in last year's NTT.

Odessa Spooks #83 (4-3)
DeACCon Challenge: 1-3
Coach: tyork13

Coach tyork has a difficult task of trying to get into the tournament through a difficult conference. Conference 25 is ranked #2 and it's easy to see why: Casper (6-1), Fort Worth (7-0), Laramie (6-1), El Paso (7-0). With 4 solid teams, it's going to be difficult to get in for the spooks. I just don't see 5 teams from the conference making it into the field, even with the quality ranking.

Issues for Odessa are largely revolving around turnovers as the spooks have turned the ball over twice as much as they take it away with 12.3 turnovers ranking them 221st in league 7. 4 Starters are averaging 1.7 a game and 6 players are turning the ball over 1.3 times a game or worse. Couple that with less than stellar play of FR SG Jerome Owen who's only averaging 5 pts a game and a 4-3 record isn't all that bad. With JR PG Gabe Gary averaging 16.3 pts a game and 2 topg and FR bPG Harold Dicken 1.4 apg to 0.4 turnovers it might be interesting to see how Dicken at Point and Gary at SG would work out.

Rochester Sandworms #88 (4-3)
DeACCon Challenge: 1-5
Coach: redwing42

On the surface, the DeACCon record looks bad but take a closer look. The Sandworms lost by 5 or less in 4 of the losses.

Conference 6, however, is likely a battle between Carnegie and Camden, so Rochester may be a year away from dancing but I expect this team to make a strong showing in the PTT this season. With 3 upper class men in the starting lineup (SR Keith Shaw - PG, SR Calvert Baker - PF and JR Willie Dupree - SF) the Sandworms should be playing well down the stretch. Coach Redwing needs to bring in a solid class this season to follow up with last season's 51/45th ranked class in order to compete next season and beyond.

Cincinnati Skyline Deacs #110 (4-3)
DeACCon Challenge: 2-4
Coach: dadeacs

Don't let the record fool you, Cincinnati has a solid shot at getting into the NTT field with 5 games remaining against 100+ ranked opponents. Cincinnati went 2-1 against divisional foes and should beat ST. Louis, Pontiac and Anaheim as well. If they can go 5-3 or better down the stretch this team could be entering the conference tournament with 10+ wins. Wins against Peoria, Youngstown or Milwaukee would be huge for this team.

Coach dadeacs has senior leadership at the key positions of PG Mickey Burgess and C Matthew Dye. Add that to the youth and enthusiasm of SO SG Lee Cousins who is scoring 16.9 and FR SF Phillip Cummings averaging 9.9 ppg and 2.3 apg and this team could play spoiler if not be dancing themselves.

Eugene Travelers #116 (3-4)
DeACCon Challenge: 1-4
Coach: Turftoe

Eugene has struggled so far this season with turnovers with 10.6 a game, ranking them 177th in league 7. SO PG Jose Rice and bPG Speedy Devine are combining for 3.3 of those. This is offset partially by the 5.2 apg but coach turftoe has the challenge of winning games while turning the ball over almost 2.5 more times than they take the ball away. 30 steals to 74 turnovers. Couple that with the fact that 2 of his leading scorers Adrian Townsend and Benjamin White are both Seniors and this season's recruiting class is vital to the long term shaping of the Travelers program. It's going to be a struggle for Eugene to make the field this season with games remaining against divisional foes (1-2 against) and Tucson. It might come down to winning the conference tournament for the Travelers.

Flint Firestarters #160 (2-5)
DeACCon Challenge: N/A
Coach: DiesalDeac

Coach DiesalDeac has possibly the hardest challenge of all rebuilding efforts in League 7. With 5 recruiting classes in the top 25 last season, there is no doubt why Conference 18 is ranked #1 overall. It's a tough place to live much less rebuild. Fortunately, Flint had the 1/2 ranked recruiting class and all 3 of Flint's recruits are in the top 8 of conference 18's FR scorers.

SO SG Devin May combined with the Trio of FR Mark Clemmons, Federico Stanger and Justin Perkins gives Diesal Deac a great core to build around. Unfortunately, he's going to need a season or two before getting through Conference 18 and into the NTT. This team's likely to be a lot better than the record suggests and could play spoiler in whatever post season tourney the get invited into.

Dearborn Warak's Deacs #73 (4-3)
Coach: warak

Coach warak is determined to under appreciate his squad. "The fact of the matter is that this is one of my worst teams in many years." he was quoted in the Dearborn chronicle, which didn't sit well with boosters last week. That comment plus last season's early exit has some calling for his job, but it's tough for a traditional power's fan base to start out 4-3. Relax Deacs fans, Coach Warak is known for starting out slow and tinkering to the point that his team is deadly down the stretch. Warak will have this lineup right by season's end and you'll be dancing in season 67! With the 11/7 ranked class, and arguably the best passing PG in the league FR Willie Coyne (6.6 apg tied for 1st) Dearborn's only obstacle for dancing is Nashville. Even if Nashville takes the conference title and tournament Dearborn will likely get in based on PR.

Dearborn's losses this season are to Frankfort PR 6, Boca PR 32 and Milwaukee PR 27 all of which are arguably top 25 caliber squads and 2 of which were 1 seeds in last year's NTT.

nice write up storm...i thought i was talking off-the-record when i said that about my team! ;)

we are going to get better and i will hopefully get my FR class some help in this recruiting class. we need rebounding and we are losing some scoring with this SR class. that will need to be addressed as well! don't count us out...new changes for tonight's game, let's see how they do!

"you must spread some reputation around before giving it to Stormfury again"

Awesome writeup storm, love the effort on these writeups this season. Wouldn't have anything to do with your success would it :thumbsup:

Thanks for the writeup storm! Good point on the lineup change, might just have to try that out ! My season is a less than stellar follow up to a good year last year. I need something to turn around my luck, and of course I am in a ridiculously tough conference, just my luck.

Awesome writeup storm, love the effort on these writeups this season. Wouldn't have anything to do with your success would it :thumbsup:

LOL, I've just taken on the mantle I suppose. This will be my 4th straight Conf 13 title so it's not directly related to winning per say. I'm still an infant in NTT success.

That being said, it's certainly easier to get excited about things while winning. :)

got a nice 93-61 win against the now 2-6 Ann Arbor Villagers. changes didn't got as i would have hoped. i moved my FR, Harding, back into the starting lineup and he went 1-7 and 0 D and Knox off the bench, splitting time, went for 19 with 2 D...ugh!

i have to play around with it more, i guess!

Boca Raton 94
Shreveport 71

The reality is that neither FR Mo Poisson or Erin Atkins will win the L7 FRoY award because they are competing for shots with one another. Tonight's game was Atkin's turn. The SG scored 21 on 9/13 shooting. Hutchings added 19 and Poisson 18 as the trio continues to dominate conference 13's scoring charts.

Hutchings has turned on the Rebounding mojo this season with 6.9 a game good enough for 7th in the conference and a 1.7 increase off of last seasons numbers. The combination of FR Michael Gonzalez and SO Leon Cochran at PF continues to prove successful as the duo is putting up 12 ppg, 7.9 rbpg, 6.3 apg, and 1.1 blkpg.

hey guys, Nashville has some scrimmages up that will expire soon so he asked me to reach out to the board to get them taken...i think there are 4 or 5.

big night tonight!!!

i play Nashville tonight, which may decide the C15 regular season champion and get a better gauge on my NTT hopes...i am not optimistic! it is also the reveal and we can see the recruiting disaster that i think a lot of us are expecting. OK, maybe not Tau...if you get Macklin CL

fuuuu

Back