• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

hey guys, Nashville has some scrimmages up that will expire soon so he asked me to reach out to the board to get them taken...i think there are 4 or 5.

I took one of the scrimmages. Been itching to test a small tweak on my lineup out. :)

With regards to the reveal, I am both apprehensive and excited. I'm afraid my maxes are all lost causes (3 in top 12) but I am hopeful that my net is going to provide me with the depth I need in order to keep pushing on the 3 maxes. 4-5 potential quality netters remain unranked despite me pushing on them last couple of weeks. *Fingers Crossed*

If I whiff, next season Hutchings might have to play center. Not something he's going to want to learn as a senior. :)

Recruiting wasn't nearly as bad as I expected with regards to the 3 top 15 recruits:

Brice Truong (10) 4/4
Tad Board (15) 4/4
Bryon Tobias (9) 5/5

I was able to get a 0/1 lead on a 7 footer with rebounding and athleticism out of my net, so I'll be maxing him from here on out.

The rest of my net is shot though. :(

If I can land Truong or Tobias by some miracle and grab the 7 footer we should be ok.

Jessie Martinez (14) who I dropped off of appears to have been the smart play at 6/6. :)

Justin Gomez (26) 3/3
KC Nelson (1) 7/7
Rodolfo Aguilar (2) 7/7
Jeffrey Odom (16) 3/3

And the net when maxing four isn't great. I must have been out of my mind....

Justin Gomez (26) 3/3
KC Nelson (1) 7/7
Rodolfo Aguilar (2) 7/7
Jeffrey Odom (16) 3/3

And the net when maxing four isn't great. I must have been out of my mind....

Ouch on the 2 7/7s. I really expected mine to be up there so was surprised at 4/4s.

I did find another 6'10 solid big in my net that i only trail by 1 pt on so I think I might push on him and drop off Bryon Tobias (5/5). He's just to interested in impact and I'm at the lower end compared to other teams based on guys within 2".

Jamie Buck 7/7
Royce Whistler 5/5
Jacquez Spann 7/7

I'll probably drop both Buck and Spann and keep on Whistler, since I think I have a better chance of getting him anyway. I do have a lead on a couple of my net guys, so that helps quite a bit.

Randall Walters 0/0
Dennis Hurt 2/2
Robert Rainville 1/1
Allan Hutchinson 6/6

I like this, all are manageable to get outside of Hutchinson. Working on getting a backup guard in case I don't get hutchinson (which I doubt I will)

Haven't posted in a few days.

First of all, great writeup, storm.

I lost to you because I started Eric Wright at PG instead of Joseph Phifer. Phifer is averaging 10.3 pts, 2.4 ast on 59% shooting and he's hit all 15 of his free throws. My whole starting lineup except for C Murphy is shooting over 50%. My PG and PF near 60%. Getting solid enough shooting around 45% from bSG, bSF, and bPF.

I'm screwed as you all in recruiting. I went more aggressive than usual and as a result, this is my first reveal in a very long time without a lead, clear or otherwise. Not only that, I don't have many RPEs to play with either.

Forrest Doty 1/1 - He averaged 5 points after 3 games. He's averaged 18 points over his last 7 games and could be a good prospect at PG, SG, or SF.

Morris Brim 1/1 - Had some hope Brim or Doty would be 0/0. Brim should be a solid bPG or bSF

Herb Lung #11 5/5 - Worth the tie at 3/3 or with one clear lead in the bag. Not sure now. Of course, if 2 coaches drop off him, he's 3/3.

Arthur Vanmeter #28 3/3 - I'll be sticking with him. Vanmeter and Lung could play any frontcourt position but would likely play SF.

My net is blown up. Here are my best options.

-Chase a likely +4 PG down 2 RPE to the leader.
-Get in a likely 2/2 for a tough to predict SG.
-Chase a SF/PF glue guy down 4 RPE.
-Get in a 2/2 for a volume shooter (averaged around 19 fga and 22 pts per 30 min at SF)

Well Flagstaff won a closer than expected game against Pasadena 98-85. I've been playing Naquin at C and Stone at PF the last few games to see how that works and i've had mixed results. Naquin is fine at C but Stone just doesn't seem to like PF, went for 14 points on 11 shots tonight and actually got outplayed by a 6'8 freshman from a 100ish recruiting class. That wont cut it.

As for recruiting, we had a decent haul. Unfortunately Gene Macklin is a 1/1 but I can live with that. The only other team on him is Pensacola. He is a guy all about impact and they have have 6 guys +/- 2 of his height and no big men. Hope he makes the best decision for his future!

Aguilar 7/7
Will Sollars 3/3
Paul Livingston 2/2

Both Sollars and Livingston have to be considered favorites to sign with Flagstaff given the prefs and who all is recruiting them. For as bad as this big man class is I could really end up with a coup if I sign either. Sollars is a +5 glue big man and Livingston is the second coming of Albert Stone with a tad more defense. I could live with that....

Have two guys in my net that are 2/2 at 16 RPE as well as a guy that I have clear at 16 RPE. So I SHOULD avoid a terrible class but we know how that goes.....

Pilot, nice job getting a clear and a 1/1 that should favor you heavily. Should add to your team a bunch.

Took down Flint, 78-53. I love a game where there are only 17 total FT attempted. Other than his SG Devin May, we held everyone else to under 9 points. I ended up having to bench Patrick Duhon. His shooting percentages had dropped and I can't afford only having two players capable of scoring in the starting lineup. That's where we stubbed our toe against Tulsa.

Brett Sagers has settled into a pretty consistent high-teens-per-night scorer. Boyd Cason has settled into perhaps the most valuable freshman in the league. He's averaging 22.6ppg, 1.7 assists, 1.2 turnovers and 1.4 steals per game. There have only been two games where he hasn't gone for at least 20 points- one of those was his first game where he only managed 8.

We've played the 5th most challenging schedule in the league so far. Unfortunately, it only gets tougher with the combined record of our next 5 opponents being 33-12. If we can get through that gauntlet 3-2 and pick up a win in our last game, I think we'll be in good position to get back to the NTT.

On recruiting, Jefferey Odom came in at 4/4 as expected. He's a G- win and G- Impact. With Frankfort in the mix, I know I'm up against programs that have a better win history than I do. I'm hoping the impact part works in my favor. No sense in dropping off now. Seth Weston is a 1/1 so I'm feeling good about that. I'm in a 2/2 net tie for Craig Mixon who has underwhelming point and rebound totals for a 6'7" center, but he plays good defense and has good hands. I'll max him here on out as a bSF glue-guy type. I have a couple of other guard types with good hands that are in manageable ties/leads in the net that I could put at bSG next year if I end up with them.

I am shocked at some of the guys that ended up being maxed that are prototypical netters. By and large they have size, so I'll chalk it up as a function of a dearth of quality bigs this cycle. This sucks because I scored a great trio of guards this season and really need some size to match with them.

Ph- let me know if any of the guys you are looking at involve me. I may be able to give you a sense of my plans if it helps in your decision-making. I'm running some HS scrimmages to help me clarify my thoughts so I should have a good idea by Monday night what I'll be doing.

dearborn lost to nashville 95-85...at least i beat him in my scrimmage! the difference is Knox starting or coming off the bench. :wtftard:

recruiting went OK...

alcock 2/2
hutchinson 6/6
lung 5/5 :eek:

so maxes went poorly, but the net went really well and i have rpe to spend! i see a lot of deac coaches in my net but i haven't decided where to go and who to follow. i have a few leads and slightly behind on others that i am interested in...i need to think about my team needs and see who could help the most.

First of all, great writeup, storm.

I lost to you because I started Eric Wright at PG instead of Joseph Phifer. Phifer is averaging 10.3 pts, 2.4 ast on 59% shooting and he's hit all 15 of his free throws. My whole starting lineup except for C Murphy is shooting over 50%. My PG and PF near 60%. Getting solid enough shooting around 45% from bSG, bSF, and bPF.

I'm screwed as you all in recruiting. I went more aggressive than usual and as a result, this is my first reveal in a very long time without a lead, clear or otherwise. Not only that, I don't have many RPEs to play with either.

Forrest Doty 1/1 - He averaged 5 points after 3 games. He's averaged 18 points over his last 7 games and could be a good prospect at PG, SG, or SF.

Morris Brim 1/1 - Had some hope Brim or Doty would be 0/0. Brim should be a solid bPG or bSF

Herb Lung #11 5/5 - Worth the tie at 3/3 or with one clear lead in the bag. Not sure now. Of course, if 2 coaches drop off him, he's 3/3.

Arthur Vanmeter #28 3/3 - I'll be sticking with him. Vanmeter and Lung could play any frontcourt position but would likely play SF.

My net is blown up. Here are my best options.

-Chase a likely +4 PG down 2 RPE to the leader.
-Get in a likely 2/2 for a tough to predict SG.
-Chase a SF/PF glue guy down 4 RPE.
-Get in a 2/2 for a volume shooter (averaged around 19 fga and 22 pts per 30 min at SF)

I'm one of he 3/3 on Vanmeter - will run it's course, expect to lose him. My other three are 5/5, and 2 1/1's. My net is trash - expecting 3 walk-ons this year....

Contract Extension for Stormfury

Boca Raton, FL: The university today announced a 4 year contract extension for Mens Head Basketball coach Stormfury. The decision comes just hours before the first of two historic games for the programs winningest coach.

Tonight Boca (8-1) faces off against Savannah (1-8) with a chance to improve the program's all time record to .500. Currently Boca Raton has 796 wins to 797 losses. Boca Raton has never had an overall winning record.

With a win this evening and another win Wednesday against Asheville (4-5) Coach Stormfury will get his 100th conference win.

Boca is also seeking it's 4th straight Conference 13 championship and 5th NTT appearance under coach Stormfury. Prior to season 59 and the coach, Boca had only ever won 4 conference titles and had 9 NTT births.

Coach Stormfury's record:
Overall: 140-55 72%
conference 98-10 91%

In other news, Boca got a verbal commitment from 7'1 Fred Alves over the weekend. With only 2 seniors playing, both Centers, the news is a welcome addition to what should be a special team next season.

Boca Raton, FL: The university today announced a 4 year contract extension for Mens Head Basketball coach Stormfury. The decision comes just hours before the first of two historic games for the programs winningest coach.

Tonight Boca (8-1) faces off against Savannah (1-8) with a chance to improve the program's all time record to .500. Currently Boca Raton has 796 wins to 797 losses. Boca Raton has never had an overall winning record.

With a win this evening and another win Wednesday against Asheville (4-5) Coach Stormfury will get his 100th conference win.

Boca is also seeking it's 4th straight Conference 13 championship and 5th NTT appearance under coach Stormfury. Prior to season 59 and the coach, Boca had only ever won 4 conference titles and had 9 NTT births.

Coach Stormfury's record:
Overall: 140-55 72%
conference 98-10 91%

In other news, Boca got a verbal commitment from 7'1 Fred Alves over the weekend. With only 2 seniors playing, both Centers, the news is a welcome addition to what should be a special team next season.

cheap bastards!!! only 4 years? i won't even talk to my administration for less than a 7 year deal. that is off the record storm! :thumbsup:

Congrats on your contact extension. I'm sure it will help recruiting for them to know you'll be there at least four more years. This is what you should be looking for in your next contract...

Here in Frankfort, I am roused by my clock radio set to station WAKN. While dozing, the wife performs a little awaken on me, which starts the day off right. I drop awaken, jr off at school where all his friends are named awaken as well. Drive down awaken parkway to awaken avenue, and stop into awaken's diner and order the awaken. I tip the waitress two awakens (local currency; and yes, it is legal). Drive on awaken highway to awaken arena (seating capacity: 35k, but still can't hold my ego). Walk through the awaken door (widened at the top so my head can fit through). I check on the assistants running morning practice on awaken court, then head to my office which overlooks the awaken adminstratoin building, the awaken dorm, and the awaken quad.

The people of Frankfort sure know how to show their appreciation.

Wow, looks like 3 deacs on this guy.

Good luck tonight everyone.

Mo Poisson dominated Savannah tossing up 27 pts,3 assists, 5 rebounds and a steal for good measure. His backup Schmidt added 10 pts. The final score 92-53.

The storm improved to 9-1 on the season but saw our PR drop from 26 to 33 due to the weak strength of schedule. The DeACCon challenge hasn't been able to overcome the weak C13 teams but the fans are over joyous regardless with victory.

Program Record: 797 - 797 (.500)

With Ashville, Fargo and Evansville up next, Boca should be able to get to 800 all time wins within a week.

Flagstaff picked up it's most dominant win to date, beating a now 3-7 Alburquerque team. We won the rebounding battle 46-21 with several guys having great games. Angelo Pedigo went for 24 points, 7 assist, 3 boards, and 2 steals while holding the opposing PG to 5-17 shooting. Easily his best all around game as a Whippersnapper. Albert Stone also had a big game, going for 24 points, 8 boards, and 4 blocks as a PF. We once again had 5 guys in double figures, shooting 44-70 as a team. Should coast the rest of the season, though Santa Fe is 9-1 and Yuma is 8-2. They will give me a good game in the last week going into the conference toureny.

Recruiting is the same, staying on all 4 maxes, and deciding which guy in my net I want to max from here on out.

Congrats to storm for finally getting over .500, took you long enough! :thumbsup:

Tried to be cute and give my starters some rest against 4-5 Toledo before two big games against 8-1 Chicago and College Station. It almost backfired and I escaped with a 80-77 win.

Dearborn beat the Lansing Deacs 84-60. Knox was moved into the starting lineup again and scored 32pts on 14/22 shooting...0 tos! Travers had another great game with 16/14 and 2 D.

our PR is a disgusting 72 and it is going to be a close one for the NTT. i have to win the conference tournament to be sure because of my loss to Nashville on Friday. i have finished tinkering with the lineup for now...i just can't find one that is consistently better than the others. Knox really needs to start with his scoring ability...he is now at SF though.

recruiting is Ok...it is a mess trying to decide my next moves. i have a lot in play but my rpe will not allow me to make all the moves i want. the players i am behind have not moved, strategy to see how much i have most likely...they may find out on Friday!

Last edited:
Back