• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Already having two tough losses on Cincy's schedule so far to Eugene and Peoria - this one stung.

Down as much as 17 to Milwaukee, claw all the way back and am down 2 with 1 minute to go, miss a shot to tie, foul, they hit both free throws and I lose by 4. They are ranked #27 - I needed this win to salvage my season. They shot lights out this game too, 12-24 from 3 point land, was a ridiculous display. Oh well, there's always the PTT....

Boca Raton 81
Asheville 69

In a game that was much closer than expected, Boca improved to 10-1. Erin Atkins broke out for 30 pts tying Mo Poisson's season high from Game 2 against Nashville.

Both Poisson and Hutchings were held to 7 pts each while Schmidt and Norris both contributed 9. Poisson's struggles from the floor didn't prevent him from contributing as he had 3 boards, 2 steals and 6 assists.

Michael Gonzalez and Leon Cochran had 7 rebounds each combining for 14 rebounds at the PF spot.

Next up for Boca is Fargo Grantwolves for an out of conference opponent ranked #180. The national media continues to doubt the Storm as our ranking jumped only 6 spots to #27 despite strong victories this season against Duluth and Frankfort.

Recruiting still looks positive for us as we're staying on 2 maxes 4/4s while moving on several net players for insurance. We should have Fred Alves clear lead after Friday.

Took a pretty bad L to 10-1 Chicago 84-72. I go no help from my PGs and my PFs didn't get enough shots. Chicago went 20-23 from the line while Duluth only went 9-13.

Got some major decisions to make in recruiting. I went searching for available talent and found 2 players at the near bottom of the barrel of decent talent who had no points on them. I'm definitely staying on Lung and Vanmeter. Just need to figure out what I'm going to do with the rest of my points.

Anyone know if computer coached teams that have CL's on a max continue to put points on that player or do they stay put? Got a guy i'd love to sneak up on and could if the computer doesn't put anymore points on the kid.

Another tough loss to a top team - this time another deac coach. Cincy stays strong through the first half then gets the floor wiped in the 2nd by Youngstown.

Starting the week off 0-2 with two more tough matches on the horizon is not looking good. Our offense is shaky and our defense can't stop anyone, not a great combo.

Dearborn beat the Jefferson City Huskies last night 86-61. it was a Knox / Jimenez show as they combined for 49 pts on 21-30 shooting! our PR is #70 now...we have to do work to get to the NTT! next up is a rejuvenated Naples Godfathers team that is 8-3 and has 2 top 20 recruiting classes in the last 3 seasons!

speaking of recruiting...i decided to stay on all 3 maxes (Alcock, Lung and Hutchinson) and pushed on some net players. i am going to bring in a 2/1 ratio class but haven't decided which is the 2 and which is the 1. i know i will need at least 1 big man in this class but i don't lose anyone from the post this season so it will be an improvement from this season.

Flagstaff picked up a closer than expected 82-69 win over a now 5-6 Phoenix squad. Pedigo, Snodgrass, and Stone all went for 17, Stone throwing in 16 rebounds as well. Ph may have been right about Stone being better at PF!

Does anyone know the answer to my previous post? It was if a CPU team has a CL on a max, will it continue to max said player? TIA

I don't know if their behavior is different on clear leads, but I have only seen them stay with their programmed recruiting - 9, 10, 11, or max.

Flagstaff picked up a closer than expected 82-69 win over a now 5-6 Phoenix squad. Pedigo, Snodgrass, and Stone all went for 17, Stone throwing in 16 rebounds as well. Ph may have been right about Stone being better at PF!

Does anyone know the answer to my previous post? It was if a CPU team has a CL on a max, will it continue to max said player? TIA

I can't say I know for sure, but I'm pretty sure a bot will continue to max. I am pretty sure there are cases where they scale back their point allotment. I can't remember if it was a max situation, but I have seen a computer "respond" to points being put on a recruit and adjust how much it puts on someone. So, I guess the answer is "some of both."

We lost to Waterloo. No great surprise. In addition to my notes above, I'm going to push on a bSG/bPG type that I have an 0/1 lead on and a 6'8 netter that scrimmaged surprisingly well at PF.

Thanks for the responses. I knew about the CPU responding if you passed them before friday but didn't know if they played it cool on CL's. I'll see how it goes after tomorrow I guess. Kinda pissed as the CPU is the only person maxing Authur Menard, who looks like a solid +5 to +7 at 6'7. Would have been a nice pickup as i had about 35 RPE on him at the reveal. Oh wells.

Boca got a 95-65 against CPU run Fargo. The freshmen gaurds had a field day with 23 (Atkins) and 22 (Poisson). Atkins added 3 steals for good measure. Hutchings had 15 and Norris had 10/10.

We've finally broken the top 25 coming in at 23 this week.

Recruiting:

Brice Truong (9) 4/4
Tad Board (14) 4/4
Fred Alves 0/0

I was able to get the lead on 2 additional bigs off my net as well giving me 3 leads plus Truong and Board. Great news meaning we should get height and rebounding and avoid walk ons.

Last edited:
Won another game, this time 85-77. Ruis had a great game, 20 pts and 7 boards, and an assist. Sanders is in a funk, trying to get him out of it, trying him back out at PF where he flourished last year. Had an alright game, his shooting is still a bit funky. happy about my teams performance, and another win.

Recruiting:

Walters 0/0 CL
Hurt 2/2 (worries me, his ranking has shot up)
Hutchinson 5/5 (went down a person, so thats always a positive)
Rainville 1/1

Still working on a backup guard to start putting points towards. I got a guy that I am leading for, so waiting to see what other options i have. Another guy I am recruiting, im down 8 points, I would assume someone is trying to max him here on out, so idk about that.

And just started recruiting a guy I am hoping to sneak away with, but I havent seen how many points he has on him, i'm sure he has more than I can catch up with

Picked up a nice win over a good College Station squad. Ernest Morin had 34 points, Konrad Garret had 10 and nobody else was in double figures. The last few games convinced me to stay with all my maxes. Ideally, Konrad Garrett comes off the bench. He's a great scorer (17 pts, close to a 50/50/80 guy), but he is limited by his EFFFFG rating. Lung or Vanmeter would give me scoring punch and defense and hands.

Interestingly, nobody dropped off Lung 5/5 and Vanmeter 3/3, but someone did drop off Monroe Brim, making him a clear lead and my first commit. An Exc Scout, he should come in at FGEFEG and be my PG or bPG. I entered a 2/2 for 6-6 PG projected SG/SF Whayne Giles off my net. He's F- Scouted FgPeg while averaging 25.4 pts, 3.7 reb, 2.1 stl at PG. Realistically, looks like a GGPEFG bSG.

I entered a 2/2 for 6-6 PG projected SG/SF Whayne Giles off my net. He's F- Scouted FgPeg while averaging 25.4 pts, 3.7 reb, 2.1 stl at PG. Realistically, looks like a GGPEFG bSG.

sorry Ph, i have scrimmaged him a lot and he is a chucker! he never shot over 46%, his D and rebounding are legit though! i was thinking about him as well but i was too far out.

My philosophy revolves around having chuckers at bSG and/or bSF. Chuckers who can defend are even better.

Jaron Gordon was the biggest chucker I scrimmaged. Took over 20 shots per 30 min. Still hasn't registered an assist in HS.

Picked up a nice win over a good College Station squad. Ernest Morin had 34 points, Konrad Garret had 10 and nobody else was in double figures. The last few games convinced me to stay with all my maxes. Ideally, Konrad Garrett comes off the bench. He's a great scorer (17 pts, close to a 50/50/80 guy), but he is limited by his EFFFFG rating. Lung or Vanmeter would give me scoring punch and defense and hands.

Interestingly, nobody dropped off Lung 5/5 and Vanmeter 3/3, but someone did drop off Monroe Brim, making him a clear lead and my first commit. An Exc Scout, he should come in at FGEFEG and be my PG or bPG. I entered a 2/2 for 6-6 PG projected SG/SF Whayne Giles off my net. He's F- Scouted FgPeg while averaging 25.4 pts, 3.7 reb, 2.1 stl at PG. Realistically, looks like a GGPEFG bSG.

Garret sounds real similar to my player, Haywood Parks. Nice scoring punch off the bench

As alluded to, we got a good win against Ithaca after dropping one to Waterloo. Those were pretty good "measuring stick" games making it clear to me that we're probably in the 30's as far as a true power ranking goes. We are 9-3 against the 3rd toughest schedule in the country. That's augmented by having played and 8-4 and 9-3 team in our last two out-of-conference games. Living in such a tough conference will mean we're battle-tested if we're fortunate enough to return to the NTT this year.

Boyd Cason had 28 points, 5 assists to 1 turnover and 2 steals. Derek Vanover had the best game in his career scoring 24 points. We have a real deficiency at PF. C is not much better. That makes recruiting especially important this season if we're going to take the next step.

Jefferey Odom is still a lottery pick at 4/4. Fortunately, we've had a good enough season that puts us not totally out of reach for his G- Win Preference. Seth Weston is 1/1 and is probably our best hope at filling that PF void. Scotty Roundtree was our best net option that could play reasonable defense at a bSG or bSF position. I cleared him, but I hope we don't need him. Other clear leads include Craig Mixon whose ratings and scrimmage stats have me wondering why his HS production is so paltry. Malcolm Goodman is our other commit that looks like a late bloomer capable of managing a bSF or bPF spot for us. I'm not sure he could start, but may develop into something decent by the time he's a senior.

So, we're pretty much done with recruiting. I've got enough RPE stored up to keep my clear leads clear and keep after our maxes. Now, it's just up to Boyd and Brett to keep our PR in the respectable range.

Frankfort played three 100+ PR teams this week: destroyed abandoned Knoxville 85-47; twenty point win over the budding Firestarters; and crushed cpu coached South Bend 104-68.

In recruiting, I had to drop off one of my 7/7's and chose to stop recruiting Rodolpho Aguilar. Oddly, I am still 7/7 on him at 66 RPE?? I was expecting him to be 1/1 @66 with the other team (Jackson) that dropped him. RA seems to be 5/5 among the leaders.

So I am currently recruiting
Justin Gomez 3/3
KC Nelson 7/7
Jeffrey Odom 4/4

I got a 0/0 and 1/1 from two 6'6 bPG/bSG/bSF +3 types. I'll name those later.

All these guys, and even Rodolfo, were good fits with all coaches recruiting them. I was hoping/expecting some bad fits - especially with the 7/7's. I really misjudged recruiting this class. I saw a class deep in guards, shallow in bigs, and I had the guards I was recruiting to be in the Top 25; but there were so many guards, I thought the W3/W12's would be more evenly distributed among them (more like Justin Gomez: 3/3's or 4/4's), Really shocked to see 8 legit teams on Nelson and Aguilar given the alternatives. Oh well, live and learn.

So my class depends on signing any of my lottery maxes. Odom's impact concerns me bc I really don't need him (yet). Signing him will be an embarrassement of riches. If I don't get him, I hop DiV does. Everyone in C18 is on him, and the winner will tip the balance of power. I'll need either Gomez or Nelson to be an NTT title contender - Eveland won't get it done.

This class is shallow with guards and bone dry with bigs.

Back