• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Wo.

Brett Sagers just grew to 6'8" (he was 6'6" yesterday). I knew that stretching rack was good for something other than drying our jerseys on.

We have a real deficiency at PF

Hey, wait a second...

Last edited:
Have to say and I know it is off topic but MANNNNNNNNNNN! am I glad to see the ACC nab Syracuse and Pitt. Good thing for our boys.

Dearborn got a nice win on friday, beating the Naples Godfathers 79-78. Knox had another huge game going for 29pts on 12-22 shooting and only 1 to! Jiminez added 17pts and our post game held it's own being outrebounded by only -5. it was a close game that were were down for the 1st half and got a lead in the 2nd. they fought back at the end but Knox took a 3pt shot with 4sec left when we were down 77-78, but missed! he got the rebound and made the put-back with no time left on the clock!:golfclap:

the win moved our pr up to 65...still fighting! back to back 8-4 teams should decided where we play next, not counting the conference tournament.

recruiting: we look good! we are staying on our 3 maxes and have a few leads and 0/0 players. just from the next the class will be around #20-30, so if i land a max i would expect another top 10 class. unfortunately, i don't expect to win a tie...although i won one last season for the first time in 10 seasons!

Flagstaff picked up a big win over a pretty good Santa Fe team. They have lost 2 games all season and they were both to me. This time by a margin of 109-84. Apparently Santa Fe was afraid to step in the paint against the size of Flagstaff as they took 42 3's :eek: We won the rebounding battle as well as having Stone and Pedigo go for 20+ each to go along with 3 others in double figures. Really love how I have gotten offense from every player this season. It's nice to not have guys who can't score at all as I have had in years past. Only one game against a team I could lose against left, the last one of the season against Yuma. Recruiting is gonna be bad if I can't pull at least one tie. Fortunately I have guys I at least believe I can get. Should be interesting.

Boca Raton 89
Evansville 64

This game like the last couple were a lot closer than expected, especially after beating Evansville by 48 previously. I cannot tell if the boys are getting bored or if Hutchings (stamina 9) has a more serious injury than appeared. I may sit Hutchings on Friday in a mostly meaningless game. Wednesdays game is against #2 in the conference.

Erin Atkins had 19, Norris 17. Michael Gonzalez pulled in 12 boards and Mo Poisson had 7 assists. Atkins has now tied Poisson for the team lead with 17.5 ppg making for an exceptional FRoY (C13) battle. Both are tied for 6th among freshmen scorers league wide and tied for 1st among all of C13 scorers.

now we are talking!

Dearborn back in NTT contention!

last night a pair of 8-4 teams in conference 15 were set to do battle for NTT contention and a lock at #2 in the conference. Dearborn wasted no time and kept the pedal to the medal in a 96-60 win to move their PR to 54!

Willie Coyne stepped forward in his 13th game and showed why he was considered an elite PG in this FR class...21pts(7-13,0-0,7-9), 7/1 ast/to and 2stls. Clanton got 19 and Martin got 13 off the bench but the anchor of the team, Travers had 14/10.

in an interesting development coach warak gave Harding the night off without him having an injury. he also got a nice jump in one of his ratings to get to +7...so why the night off? has anyone else see this?

next up is Green Bay 9-4 (79), also looking for a NTT invite.

We are closing in on conference tournaments again and NTT hopes for Season 67. So let's review where we are as a whole and who's in so far. My NTT Status is if the season were to end today.

My pre-season expectations for 10 DeACCon coaches dancing may have been to aggressive with several teams struggled the last couple of weeks. As of right now it appears that 6 teams are locks with 2 bubble teams. All of us are in the top 127 PR however which is an improvement over the mid season rankings.

Frankfort Deacon Blues #2 (12-1)
DeACCon Challenge: 3-3
Coach: awaken
NTT Status: In (Conference Champs, PR)

Flagstaff Whippersnappers #12 (11-2)
Coach: pilotdeac

Nashville Domination #17 (11-2)
DeACCon Challenge: 4-2
Coach: reddoor

Duluth Bullish Deacs #18 (11-2)
DeACCon Challenge: 5-1 (Champion)
Coach: phdeac
NTT Status: In (PR)

Boca Raton Storm #22 (12-1)
DeACCon Challenge: 4-2
Coach: stormfury

Chicago Golden Deacons #27 (11-2)
DeACCon Challenge: N/A
Coach: ntndeacon

Carbondale Violence #50 (9-4)
DeACCon Challenge: 3-2
Coach: simplex10
NTT Status: Bubble Team

Dearborn Warak's Deacs #54 (9-4)
Coach: warak
NTT Status: Bubble Team

Odessa Spooks #73 (8-5)
DeACCon Challenge: 1-3
Coach: tyork13
NTT Status: Out

Eugene Travelers #91 (8-5)
DeACCon Challenge: 1-4
Coach: Turftoe

Rochester Sandworms #111 (7-6)
DeACCon Challenge: 1-5
Coach: redwing42

Flint Firestarters #116 (5-8)
DeACCon Challenge: N/A
Coach: DiesalDeac

Cincinnati Skyline Deacs #127 (6-7)
DeACCon Challenge: 2-4
Coach: dadeacs

Boca Raton 85
Ft. Myers 68

Boca clinches it's 4th straight C13 title and NTT birth. Next up is Athens 4-10 and the only real thing at stake is for my seniors to finish the regular season undefeated in C13 play for their careers. I've got to rest Hutchings though as he's been at 9 stamina for a week now and I want him back in time for the NTT. I'll try an experimental lineup for the final regular season game to see how well the team plays without Hutchings starting.

Mo Poisson 18 pts ,3 a
Bert Hutchings 14 pts
Erin Atkins 12 pts
Leon Cochran 11 pts (off the bench)
Stephen Norris 10 pts

Great scoring balance. PR actually dropped to 23 from 22. No loving for the Storm this season with the polls.

I had a couple of complete headscratchers this season which dropped me out of NTT contention. I still don't know how I lost them. Looks like I'll end up in third place in the conference and should get another PTT bid. Hopefully recruiting will be decent and I can build up a bit more for next season.

redwing, I have had a bit of a disappointing season too. Still just don't have scoring threats off the bench. Gary and Ruis are killing it, thank gosh for them. Need a big recruiting class again this season for some depth, and hopefully a good PG that I can use. I will probably be in the PTT also

I had a couple of complete headscratchers this season which dropped me out of NTT contention. I still don't know how I lost them. Looks like I'll end up in third place in the conference and should get another PTT bid. Hopefully recruiting will be decent and I can build up a bit more for next season.

It looks like you are pretty much getting all you can out of this group. A few more recruiting cycles and this team will start to resemble you more. In the headscratching losses last week, it appears that Eckhoff and Dupree shot you out of the game. I'd turn down their shooting a tad - esp in rematches in the conf tourney. Consider switching Fr SG Eckhoff with Sr bSG Cassidy. His per minute stats are better, and he may be a better defender (more steals in fewer mins already).

Your work on this team has just begun.

dearborn got another big win tonight against the green bay superfly 96-86. knox had 31 and jimenez had 28 but the game ball goes to travers with 11/10, 4/0 ast/to and 4 d.

the game secured our entrance to the ntt, i think! we have moved up to 46 and should win our next 2 without issue. if i do well in the conference tournament i think we could end up in the 25-35 range which would give me a 8/9 range seed...not too bad after thinking we wouldn't make it!

dearborn got another big win tonight against the green bay superfly 96-86. knox had 31 and jimenez had 28 but the game ball goes to travers with 11/10, 4/0 ast/to and 4 d.

the game secured our entrance to the ntt, i think! we have moved up to 46 and should win our next 2 without issue. if i do well in the conference tournament i think we could end up in the 25-35 range which would give me a 8/9 range seed...not too bad after thinking we wouldn't make it!

I told you not to worry! :)

Man this place is quiet.

Congrats Awaken for taking over #1 PR spot ahead of the undefeated Philly squad. :)

I am refusing to post until next year - this year is gone and my recruiting will probably end in walk-ons - I freaking lost to two over-100 teams. May just do a complete restart next year, Buzz style, go after the under-recruited with good character.

I wouldn't get too down. Your team seriously overachieved last season in your first year as a coach, you got spoiled by it haha. Takes time to build up a team.

I think all of us except awaken have had a down 2-3 seasons where we had to get our programs back on track. If you're having yours earlier rather than later, good for you.

I second what Tau and Ph said. Last season spoiled you. :) I wasn't joking about it taking me 4-5 cycles to become a quality program. (I still haven't advanced past game 2 NTT mind you) Quantity early on is important, then recruit over them each cycle until you're pulling in the quality as well.

Back