• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Clinched Teams (6)

Cincinnati Skyline Deacs #110 (9-7)
DeACCon Challenge: 2-4
Coach: dadeacs
NTT Status: Out

Don't look now but Cincy has gotten hot winning 3 in a row. A win wednesday against Youngstown #18 would be huge. Likely need to win their conference tournament.

Yeah - Youngstown is ridiculous - not sure I can hang on their jockstrap. I actually had a close game with them earlier in the season, not sure how - he averages like 95 points.

Boca Raton 97
Gulf Shores 79

The freshmen trio is playing great right now. Mo Poisson had 20 pts 4 assists while Erin Atkins had 24 pts . Michael Gonzalez in for ailing Bert Hutchings at SF had 8 assists, 4 rebounds and a steal. Most importantly 0 turnovers. SO Leon Cochran playing PF had 15 pts and 5 rebounds while SR Stephen Norris continues to put up double doubles with 13/11. Bert Hutchings had the night off (NA) which allowed his sore ankle to heal. Coach Stormfury's going to let him come in off the bench in the Conference final against a surprising Asheville team Friday night then revisit the lineup for the NTT.

LOL I lost in the second round of my conference tourney to Tacoma by a score of 140-136 in 3 OT's. Opposing PG had 41 on me on 17-22 shooting. Was trying to rest my starters a little and thats what I get haha.

Tacoma hit a 3 with no time in regulation and a 2 in the first OT. Just wasn't my night. Maybe a higher NTT seed will do me well!

I lost 1st rd of my conference tournament. I have been very disappointed with my team this year, so I'm really looking forward to next year, hopefully for a good recruiting class and a fresh start

Picked up a good 66-55 win over Little Rock.

1/1 6-6 PG Forest Doty has gotten up to 15 ppg after average 5 ppg after Game 4 and 12 ppg through 11. He's looking more and more like his GGEgg Fair- Scouted rating. I'm in a tie with Oakland. One of us will get a steal.

Dearborn - 86
Green Bay - 71

Dearborn continued on our winning streak and we now have a 37 PR! it is a little lower than i thought i would have going into the C15 Tournament Championship but i will take it. i play Nashville on Friday in the final, again!'

Knox and Jimenez combined for 52 pts in the victory. my bench play was inconsistent and a little shaky...next season is going to be tough! i have no idea where my scoring will come from! :tard:

Cinderella still wearing the slipper....

Cincy 86 - Youngstown 76

Gonna get bombed by #25 Milwaukee, but was fun to get this far.

Cinderella still wearing the slipper....

Cincy 86 - Youngstown 76

Gonna get bombed by #25 Milwaukee, but was fun to get this far.

Keep that slipper on! Beat Milwaukee and get into the NTT.:cool:

Frankfort got a pretty convincing win, and revenge, against Grand Rapids. Face Waterloo in the Finals.

Ph, nice read on Doty.

Thanks for the write-ups, storm.

Thanks. That's where my system can be both helpful and misleading. It said that he should be averaging around 12 ppg. I figured his low scoring early was due to having two high scoring teammates. Eventually Doty joined them to justify his Good+ Sht.

There are a lot of little hiccups in the recruiting class like that. Players whose scoring goes up or goes down dramatically like my PF Donnelly last year. Another big one is turnovers. A guy could have had a few really bad games early then improved and still average over 1.5 to.

What is Doty's Scout? I'll be REALLY impressed if you read this from a Fair+/- scout.

Fair- Scout.

It wasn't that impressive. If he was really Good+ Sht, given his Good Sht team, he should have more points, but not necessarily be a great scorer, so I figured I could get a good scorer who didn't have good scorer stats. Even if he wasn't Good+ Sht, I could have lived with a pass first PG who averaged 4.3 ast, 3 reb after the first week because it looked like he was at least FGEGPG. His team is Exc Athl, so he's got to at least be Good Athl. Now it's possible he's GGEGPG with a shot at Exc Sht.

The point is it's hard to tell if a guy is under or overachieving that early, so you've got to factor that into the process.

Yea Doty was a really good find, as I said at the start of the season he was on my list of guys I was thinking about maxing, was really hoping he'd be a non-max until Ph posted.

Still looking at my loss in my Conference Tourney. I took 115 shots in the game at Normal tempo. And forced 27 TO's. And still lost. LOLZ. What a fluke of a game.

I am so scared of my recruiting - on all 4 of my maxes I am in ties, 2 1/1's, a 2/2 and a 5/5. Assuming I MAY get 1 of them, will be stuck with 2 walk ons. My net is trash.

The 2/2 includes Ph, so there is a 66% chance Vanmeter will go to a deac coach.

I am so scared of my recruiting - on all 4 of my maxes I am in ties, 2 1/1's, a 2/2 and a 5/5. Assuming I MAY get 1 of them, will be stuck with 2 walk ons. My net is trash.

Talk to Redwing. I gave him 4 guys that are very low RPE and still obtainable. Should be better than a walk on and he may be able to spare 1 or 2 for you. In hindsight, you may want to drop off the 5/5 in the future due to having 3 other ties and use those points in the net or searching for others. Just one way to handle the situation in the future. I know no one wants to drop off of a max, but it's sometimes necessary. I dropped off 2 of my original maxes which has given me 4 leads in the net one of which was my 5th choice in maxes. :)

Talk to Redwing. I gave him 4 guys that are very low RPE and still obtainable. Should be better than a walk on and he may be able to spare 1 or 2 for you. In hindsight, you may want to drop off the 5/5 in the future due to having 3 other ties and use those points in the net or searching for others. Just one way to handle the situation in the future. I know no one wants to drop off of a max, but it's sometimes necessary. I dropped off 2 of my original maxes which has given me 4 leads in the net one of which was my 5th choice in maxes. :)

i also sent him a player @15rpe and 2 others in reach.

1/1 = .50
1/1 = .50
2/2 = .33
5/5 = .17
=1.5

Yeah, you could strike out, but you are more likely to sign 1-2 of them. Your net being "trash" is a concern bc you'll need 1-2 from there.

2/2 is a very good tie for someone of Vanmeter's skillset.

Are all competing coaches aligned with recruit prefs?

Fair- Scout.

It wasn't that impressive. If he was really Good+ Sht, given his Good Sht team, he should have more points, but not necessarily be a great scorer, so I figured I could get a good scorer who didn't have good scorer stats. Even if he wasn't Good+ Sht, I could have lived with a pass first PG who averaged 4.3 ast, 3 reb after the first week because it looked like he was at least FGEGPG. His team is Exc Athl, so he's got to at least be Good Athl. Now it's possible he's GGEGPG with a shot at Exc Sht.

The point is it's hard to tell if a guy is under or overachieving that early, so you've got to factor that into the process.

I can see the risk tempered with willingness to accept a pass-first PG, but it could be that his teammates were the scorers that lead to the rating.

1/1 = .50
1/1 = .50
2/2 = .33
5/5 = .17
=1.5

Yeah, you could strike out, but you are more likely to sign 1-2 of them. Your net being "trash" is a concern bc you'll need 1-2 from there.

2/2 is a very good tie for someone of Vanmeter's skillset.

Are all competing coaches aligned with recruit prefs?

The 5/5 is a G+ local & win, it is Bubba Steven, he is in region 17 (I am in 16), figured I had a shot, but you never know. The others are either Fair or Poor on local & win.

My net only has 2 potentials, but they are both guards, which I don't need - Hagopian (6'2" PG) from region 2, E-FG-P+F, Sharp (6'5" SG) from region 16 G+G+F+FG+ with a good local preference.

I can see the risk tempered with willingness to accept a pass-first PG, but it could be that his teammates were the scorers that lead to the rating.

That's true. Part of the risk.

Back