• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

I've got at worst a 20% chance to miss on all my ties. That would not be the class I was looking for after a 9/6 class last cycle. Come on random number generator, be nice to me!

Nice 95-72 win over Wheeling. Owensboro, who beat SF, is next. Don't like these matchups much at all. Only hope is his SOS is a little light - maybe they aren't as good as their stats.

sound 2 up tonight...good luck coaches!

A rematch of Game one of the DeACCon challenge against Carbondale tonight. He beat me by 5 the first go around. Let's see how our teams have evolved this season...

Hey Cincy, got any advice for me going against Milwaukee tonight?

Hey Cincy, got any advice for me going against Milwaukee tonight?

I played them tight both times using a slow down tempo, man-to-man defense and normal 3 point shooting. Granted I use that every time, but for some reason I lost by 6 points combined in our two games, and they were clearly the better team.

They score a lot and shoot a ton of 3s, they aren't an overly great rebounding team. They hit close to 50% from 3 in both games I played them.

Not sure any of that will help.

I played them tight both times using a slow down tempo, man-to-man defense and normal 3 point shooting. Granted I use that every time, but for some reason I lost by 6 points combined in our two games, and they were clearly the better team.

They score a lot and shoot a ton of 3s, they aren't an overly great rebounding team. They hit close to 50% from 3 in both games I played them.

Not sure any of that will help.

Thanks for the info, that actually gives me a a decent look at them. If a team outscores me this season I tip my hat to them. Hopefully I can beat them up on the boards. I've defended the 3 point line well this season so hopefully that continues.

Boca got a big win against Shawnee Hawks (18-2) 106-103 moving our PR to 19. Looks like we are down to Frankfort and Nashville who face one another and Flagstaff.

Flagstaff picked up a surprisingly easy 93-68 win over a now 17-3 Milwaukee team. DaDeacs was exactly right about Milwaukee not being a strong rebounding team as Flagstaff outrebounded them 51-29. Albert Stone played well, putting up a line of 12 and 16 but did have 5 TO's. Another great team effort scoring the ball as 5 guys scored in double figures, led by Angleo Pedigo's 21. The defense was surprisingly great as Milwaukee shot only 34%. Have the 1 seed Fort Worth up next. I have a more "talented" team according to the magazines but they play really well together as a team and are from a really tough conference so they will be battle tested. Should be a great game.

A rematch of Game one of the DeACCon challenge against Carbondale tonight. He beat me by 5 the first go around. Let's see how our teams have evolved this season...

Got a nice 12 point win to move on to the PTT sweet 16. The difference in the rematch was Boyd Cason increasing his output from 8 points to 29 points. Good luck in your remaining games, redwing.

Got a 83-60 win over Tampa in the PTT. Now onto the sweet 16 in there. Surprised at these two wins by bigger margins, as I have struggled all year. Got 21 from Gary, 20 from Sanders and Ruis pitched in 17.

Carbondale, you should be able to beat El Paso. they are in my conference, and are built similar to me. used a normal tempo on them, both times. used a man on them and lost(though man is normally my strength) and used normal D on them and won by more than 10. Use Cason to your advantage, his PGs are not his strength. he has two good SFs though, so be ready for D battle on there. good luck

I have an uphill battle here, having to play a #1 seed next. Roswell. His best player is SG, so Gary should be able to play good D on him. I am worried about Owen, though his D is good, just concerned. Hopefully Ruis and Sanders, my true strength can really exploit his team.

The wildcard is his SF, Michael Bolton hahahhaha

Thanks for the scouting report on El Paso. We're basically a slow/zone team because our depth sucks. I'm having to rely on Boyd and Brett and hope for the best. At this point, my biggest concern is for my best players being able to handle the minutes.

just in case anyone needs a 6'7" PF...

Matthew Lotts(http://drivethelane.com/bask/runtime/recruito.asp?22)renum=21&23)recfile=0000721&name=warak&lg=00007&idno=120&authcode=_vvDA6C2lv7tGenAfXspEW2pvidWLN90yujg6TyfTn*h4J8mfpfh3GkNgymmLq2Rh0stoLemmJ2gF*wt&passcard=FGYFU4yoC_R4UGq7l3dS)

currently i am the only coach on him and don't need him. he is sitting at 15rpe. i offered him to redwing but i don't think he needs him. confirm with him first!

I've actually got 20 on him now. I've got a bunch of ties in my recruiting right now, so I will probably end up needing him. Thanks.

Lost in the 2nd round to previously PR 19 Bismarck who somehow was a #8 seed. Strange box score. I lost 69-64 and only took 42 shots compared to their 54, yet I had the rebounding edge.

I've actually got 20 on him now. I've got a bunch of ties in my recruiting right now, so I will probably end up needing him. Thanks.

sorry man...you didn't show yesterday, i didn't think you were interested.

Make sure you get him up to 29 RPE with a scholly or you aren't considered a "lock" to get him. *Obviously we all know locks in this realm of recruiting are more like 99% instead of 100% certain.

Just got done writing up a sweet 16 preview on the DTL boards, figured i'd post it here as well:

NTT Sweet 16 Preview

Philadelphia(1) vs. Bethlehem(12)

In a game in which both teams know each other very well, both being in conference 4, it will come down to how well Bethlehem can contain the overflowing of talent in Philadelphia. In there other two matchups of the season Philly has won by an average of 32 points so they are the obvious choice to win this battle. Harlan Stokes will have to play the game of his life to keep this one close, and he should play well, but in the end it won't be enough as Otto Davidson and crew get the W.

Philadelphia 92 Bethlehem 73

Syracuse(14) vs. Springfield(2)

In this matchup we have the cinderella 14 seed in Syracuse going up against the undefeated, 20-0 2 seed in Springfied. Springfield brings a ton of balance to the party with 4 starters averaging in double figures, lead by 6'11 senior Ivan Dawson. Syracuse counters with it's three-headed monster junior class of Reed, Gomez, and Amaral. I really like the 3 guys from Syracuse but I just don't think they have enough talent AS A TEAM to take out a great squad in Springfield. I predict Dawson doing what he wants and leading Springfield to a closer than most would think victory.

Springfield 78 Syracuse 69

Bismarck(8) vs. Jackson(4)

Featured Game C

Fresh off a big win over Duluth, Bismarck looks posed for a run at the elite 8. In their way stands the 4 seed Jackson, fresh off a big win against Dearborn. Bismarck brings a senior laden starting squad up against a little fresher Jackson squad. I don't know if Jackson has been tested enough during the regular season to be ready for this stage and thats why i'm going with the senior squad of Bismarck to keep trucking towards a possible Final Four birth.

Bismarck 65 Jackosn 60

Norman(11) vs. Long Beach(2)

In another Cinderella vs. typical power team we have Norman and its two star juniors Robles and Edwards matched up against the very well rounded Long Beach squad. Both teams played a relatively weak conference schedule (not much you can do about that) and for that reason i'm having problems picking a winner here. I really like Robles and Edwards but in the end I just feel the size and talent of Long Beach down low with stud freshman Earl Doucette and his senior mentor Brent Basel will propel Long Beach to the W.

Long Beach 79 Norman 72

Frankfort(1) vs. Nashville(5)

Featured Game B

In a matchup of two DeACCon Invitational teams, and two teams that have gotten to know each other through the years, we should see one of the best games of the evening. Everyone knows of Frankfort and all the success Coach awaken has had in the NTT, he's recruited well and coached even better, by this point he is nearing John Wooden air. He brings yet another extremely talent Frankfort squad, led by matchup nightmare Bernard Tuttle as well as Rodrigo Lott and the emerging Jared Eveland at PG. Not to be outdone Nashville has plenty of talent of it's own. Juniors Quent Carey and Charles Robinson have put together fantastic seasons at the 1 and 2 and are one of the best backcourts in america. While Frankfort took the first game of the season from Nashville by a score of 84-57 I see this game being much closer. In the end, the machine moves on though, being just to big and talented inside.

Frankfort 82 Nashville 70

Louisville(6) vs. Carnegie(2)

Featured Game D

In this matchup we see two of the best scorers in the country in Francisco Holden of Louisville and Alvin Flynn of Carnegie. While Carnegie comes in as the higher seed I just don't see them having the horses to compete with a team as full with talent as Louisville. Carnegie comes at you offensively with really only 2 guys while Louisville has a multitude of scoring options. I feel Flynn will play extremely well, using all of his senior tricks to get buckets on the talented youngster Ed Higgs of Louisville, but in the end he and stud Jesse Ross doesn't have the help around them to get Louisville to the Elite 8.

Louisville 82 Carnegie 79

____________________________________________________________*

Fort Worth(1) vs. Flagstaff(4)

Feature Game A

As not to jynx my team in any shape form or fashion, I am not going to comment on my matchup, although I will say it should be a fantastic battle with Flagstaff having an edge in the paint while Fort Worth has an advantage on the perimeter. Someone else feel free to comment for me!

Casper(6) vs. Pierre(15)

In the evenings last matchup we possibly the most balanced starting 5 in the country with Casper compared to the biggest surprise of the tournament in Pierre. According to the recruiting magazines this is the closest matchup, talent wise, of any game of the night with both teams being separated in overall recruit talent by only 1 point! This game should be fast paced and back and forth the whole time. Pierre brings one of the toughest regular season schedules in the country while Casper only has 3 losses on the season, all to juggernaut Fort Worth. Should be a great contest, probably coming down to the last minute.

Casper 81 Pierre 80

sob, i lost to Jackson last night 80-90. it was like playing carowina or duke, almost 20 more fta for Jackson in the game!

we uncharacteristically had +7 in turnovers and characteristically had -9 in rebounds...we made 5 more fgs but took 10 less and still lost the game.

clearly i am no prognosticator as i didn't do very well in the games i predicted...although i did get the upset correct!

Back