• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Thanks awaken, just requested a team in C13. That team looks really bad, but hey, I'll give Storm someone to stomp on for a couple of years.

welcome Sox...hate the name (Yankee fan) but welcome to L7. good luck and glad someone is giving storm some competition in C13...he has breezed through for a long time like i did in c15 until i got Nashville in the mix. now he (Nashville) has f'ed it all up and wins a lot of them, lol! tough trade but necessary for a conference rival!

Sweet! Which team did you request? I'll be glad to give you the lay of the land and help you out with recruiting.

I asked for whatever team they had there. I think Evansville is the only computer controlled one, though?

OK guys, last call for the DeACCon. 9 of the 12 that played last year have responded on short notice for this year. Thank you. Here are last year's teams with * next to those who have not yet responded:

Team Number Conf
1 Frankfort 137 C18
2 Duluth 159 C20
3 Flagstaff 256 C32
4 Dearborn 120 C15
5 Boca Raton 104 C13
6 Nashville 115 non-Deac friend of Dearborn C15
7 Akron* 130 C17
8 Odessa 197 C25
9 Rochester 42 C6
10 Carbondale 139 C18
11 Cincinnati* 124 C16
12 Eugene* 244 C31

I am pretty sure Cincy and Eugene are interested - DaDeacs is pretty active on this thread, and turf lamented missing the tournament a couple of seasons ago. Didn't Akron (kytihu/Milk and Cookies) quit or am I confused/forgetful? Should I presume some/all these teams want in so I can post the schedule tonight or tomorrow lunch? Anyone else want in? Flint? Chicago?

RedSox, I added the conference each team is in so you can browse that conference to decide if you want to request a team in there. Available teams should be computer coached, and will be "c*(number)".

I'm definitely in.

Would it be best for me to wait a season or two before signing up? I don't think I'm quite competitive yet, but would like brag about winning 3 in a row in the nat'l tournament, er provincial tourney, consolation round. I face turf next.

My power ranks:
Current Power Ranking: 112
Last Yr Power Ranking: 193
2nd Prior Power Rank: 190

Last edited:
If it isn't too late... Chicago would like to be back in.

Current Power Ranking: 41
Last Yr Power Ranking: 10
2nd Prior Power Rank: 30

ntn, you gotta post more. If you're going to kick my ass, I should at least be able to talk smack to you when you even it up.

Would it be best for me to wait a season or two before signing up? I don't think I'm quite competitive yet, but would like brag about winning 3 in a row in the nat'l tournament, er provincial tourney, consolation round. I face turf next.

My power ranks:

Really depends on your situation. I took 25 point lumps my first few seasons in the DeACCon challenge but it was a good gauge for how talented (or lack there of) my team was since Conf 13 doesn't challenge us. If you need the wins outside of conference play, then I would suggest scheduling weaker CPU teams but if you can afford the losses it helps as a guage and for PR to play in the Challenge.

I'm all for playing the best teams possible. Some players aren't big time players and rack up stats against weaker teams. If you can identify them early in the season, you can make the appropriate adjustments. I think the DeACCon Challenge is one reason why our teams are so dominant.

ntn, you gotta post more. If you're going to kick my ass, I should at least be able to talk smack to you when you even it up.

Well How bout now. I will start by giving a run down on possible Goldies for next season. (Just thought of the Goldies, but I kinda like it.)

I have 2 leads at the moment...
Zachary Daugherty (r 20) Supposed to be a Center in High school, but fated to be a SF for me if I dont get better. +2 at the moment but he can score, which will be nice.

Herman Flower (r 9 ) is the second lead. He doesnt have great scouting, but then again his scout knows zip...(poor scout.) He again is not inthe same position I hope to use him at, as I would want him as a SG.

My ties are all going forthe fences it seems....
as they are Gomez, Davis, and Vaughn... ranked in the top 20 all. 2 3/3 and Vaughn is a 5/5.

This could be a rough class for me if I miss all the ties.

My power ranks:

You're ready, imho. You will play teams similar to yourself in the DeACCon. I'm putting you in.

Well How bout now. I will start by giving a run down on possible Goldies for next season. (Just thought of the Goldies, but I kinda like it.)

I have 2 leads at the moment...
Zachary Daugherty (r 20) Supposed to be a Center in High school, but fated to be a SF for me if I dont get better. +2 at the moment but he can score, which will be nice.

Herman Flower (r 9 ) is the second lead. He doesnt have great scouting, but then again his scout knows zip...(poor scout.) He again is not inthe same position I hope to use him at, as I would want him as a SG.

My ties are all going forthe fences it seems....
as they are Gomez, Davis, and Vaughn... ranked in the top 20 all. 2 3/3 and Vaughn is a 5/5.

This could be a rough class for me if I miss all the ties.

We're all in that position.

So, just got a response to my conference request email. Kevin confirmed I'll be receiving a team in C13 once everything processes tonight. I'M COMING FOR YOU, BOCA

Got our 2nd overtime win of the PTT, 85-84 over Laramie. Aside from Cason's three with:05 left, we scored a whopping 3 points in the final 7-and-a-half minutes. I moved Cason to SG and he gave us 39 points and 3 steals, Sagers went to SF and had 28/8.

So, just got a response to my conference request email. Kevin confirmed I'll be receiving a team in C13 once everything processes tonight. I'M COMING FOR YOU, BOCA

Welcome!

Boca got another win tonight putting us 3-1 against NTT teams and pushing our PR up to 12. Our 3 year effective PR is now 9.7 just behind springfield 6.4 for Truong and well behind Carnegie 3.95 for Board. At this point, I doubt I get Board and hope to sneak in on Springfield for Truong. He's my bigger need anyways.

Kind of odd but the NTT actually has 2 one seeds and 2 two seeds in the final four. Unfortunately no Deacs though. :(

Alright, I'm apparently Evansville. They look bad. The interface is somehow even more complicated than I anticipated... Any advice on where to start?

Alright, I'm apparently Evansville. They look bad. The interface is somehow even more complicated than I anticipated... Any advice on where to start?

Keep following the screen prints at the beginning of the thread. A couple pages in I show some basic navigation. If you've done that and still have questions, let me know. Welcome, rsfaithful and the Evansville Dunkbot 3000s.

As expected, Frankfort lost to defending champ Carnegie. Not enough defense on this team to beat the elite teams. Worse than my Fair defenders was G defense, G athlete Marvin Haynes - allowed 21pts on 10/17 shooting, and countered with ZERO. Ouch. Should I win the tie for Jeffrey Odom, I hope he can bring some much needed defense to this squad.

I'll be rooting for Carnegie from here on out, and hope Philly takes a Miami Heat-esque exit as well.

DeACCon is coming...

I had three choices:
A) include Eugene (turf, usually late to sign up)and Akron (recently abandoned) to get an even 14
B) include Eugene only for 13, and bye weeks for some.
C) include neither Eugene nor Akron, and go with the 12 that signed up on short notice.

I chose A, for turf and benes of an even number.

Team.......Number..E1....E2.....E3.....R1.....R2.....R3
Frankfort..137....154....104....115....120....256....159
Duluth.....159....104....115....120....256....139....137
Flagstaff..256....115....120.....42....159....137....154
Dearborn...120....130....256....159....137....154....104
Nashville..115....256....159....137....154....104....124
Boca Raton.104....159....137....154....244....115....120
Chicago....154....137....144....104....115....120....256
Odessa.....197....144....244....124....130.....42....139
Carbondale.139....244....124....130.....42....159....197
Rochester...42....124....130....256....139....197....144
Akron*.....130....120.....42....139....197....144....244
Cincinnati.124.....42....139....197....144....244....115
Eugene*....244....139....197....144....104....124....130
Flint......144....197....154....244....124....130.....42

Please remember that request order matters, and please post your requests for validation.

Okay, I think I'm getting the hang of it. Thanks for the warm welcome.

One question I can't figure out- how do I delete recruiting actions? I think I assigned and verified RP points without realizing what the local/winning/impact ratings meant.

Edit: Nvm, think I found it.

Okay, new question. How do see how many RPEs I have to spend?

Last edited:
Back