• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Okay, I think I'm getting the hang of it. Thanks for the warm welcome.

One question I can't figure out- how do I delete recruiting actions? I think I assigned and verified RP points without realizing what the local/winning/impact ratings meant.

Edit: Nvm, think I found it.

Okay, new question. How do see how many RPEs I have to spend?

On your coach's page (get there by clicking on your name), the middle column called Recruiting has your Recruiting Points to spend and scholarships to give.

wiwveo.jpg

Oh, wow. So I'm assuming the computer hasn't used any points all season? It says I have about 500 to spend.

Oh, wow. So I'm assuming the computer hasn't used any points all season? It says I have about 500 to spend.

Haha yea that would be about right. I think you have puedo-credits that activate the auto-recruiter which recruits for a while but an abandoned team doesn't have enought psuedo-credits to get auto-recruited the whole season so it stops after like week 5 or so.

Flagstaff lost an OT contest to Casper tonight. Naquin dominated with 25 and 13 but Pedigo has really struggled this NTT. Another sub par shooting night, going just 6-17. It isn't like Pedigo hasn't scored against good PG defenders so I don't know why he is off. Had thought about moving him to the bench next season anyway if I win my tie on Mackin and this is only helping that thought process.

In good news my 6'6 senior to be Eric Sullivan bumped in defense to a G last week and is now looking at a very studly senior season, probably starting at SG. His bump puts him at EGGGFG and +6. Kid could always fill it up but the bump in defense gives me the confidence to play him more now.

Recruiting is the same as it was a few weeks ago, really need to win some ties that should favor me.

In L15 Lavon Dickinson proved up to the hype in his first game, going for 18 on 7/11 shooting in his first exhibition game. Lit it up in scrimmages against really solid squads as well. Coach pilot might be looking at a NTT team for the first time in L15 this season thanks to his new prized recruit.

*Put my games in as instructed, will see if they turn out correctly on wednesday after the upload.

My games have been submitted as well. Will update after Wednesday's run.

It's too late to much of anything meaningful this season (which ends Friday, new season begins Saturday). I would put 17 RP ("max") on about 29 recruits that may fall through some safety nets. They won't be great, but they're better than walk-ons. Hopefully 3 out of 29 will fall to you.

Here are some from my Top 35:

Rueben Wilson r21 - leader at 49 rpe. I am at 15 rpe, 3/3
Edward Bauman r29 - leader at 53 rpe. I am at 16rpe, 3/3
James Benson r30 - I am clear leader at 41rpe. I think only one other team has points on him. I only had to beat one team to get a clear lead.
Michael Cruz r31 - leader at 47rpe. I am at 16rpe, 8/8.
Jerald Gonzalez r27 - leader at 50 rpe. I am at 16 rpe, 4/4.

Exhibition Opponents
Eugene
Cincinnati
Akron

Regular Season Opponents
Rochester
Duluth
Odessa

Got a nice win over Minneapolis with Cason and Sagers leading the way. Odessa is next.

Well, in my first game as coach of the Evansville Dunkbot 3000s, we beat the Albuquerque Cripplers, 80-78. I went with a bigger lineup, and the 2 new starters didn't disappoint, combining for 23 points and 15 rebounds. National Championship, HERE WE COME.

Looks like I get Cedar Rapids next.

I had three choices:
A) include Eugene (turf, usually late to sign up)and Akron (recently abandoned) to get an even 14
B) include Eugene only for 13, and bye weeks for some.
C) include neither Eugene nor Akron, and go with the 12 that signed up on short notice.

I chose A, for turf and benes of an even number.

Team.......Number..E1....E2.....E3.....R1.....R2.....R3
Frankfort..137....154....104....115....120....256....159
Duluth.....159....104....115....120....256....139....137
Flagstaff..256....115....120.....42....159....137....154
Dearborn...120....130....256....159....137....154....104
Nashville..115....256....159....137....154....104....124
Boca Raton.104....159....137....154....244....115....120
Chicago....154....137....144....104....115....120....256
Odessa.....197....144....244....124....130.....42....139
Carbondale.139....244....124....130.....42....159....197
Rochester...42....124....130....256....139....197....144
Akron*.....130....120.....42....139....197....144....244
Cincinnati.124.....42....139....197....144....244....115
Eugene*....244....139....197....144....104....124....130
Flint......144....197....154....244....124....130.....42

Please remember that request order matters, and please post your requests for validation.

Exhibition Opponents
Chicago
Boca Raton
Nashville

Regular Season Opponents
Dearborn
Flagstaff
Duluth

Recruits Named
Roger Murdoch
Clarence Oveur
Ted Striker

Where did the recruit names come from?

Lost to Pierre with an experimental lineup. Still #3 with four losses. Thank you DeACCon tourney and C18.

Boca Raton 99
Grand Rapids 87

Our PR is now set at 8. This means Truong is much closer than it looked with Springfield sitting at effective PR 6.4 and Boca 7.5! We may also have a shot at Board now with Carnegie sitting at 3.95.

A win against PR 13 New Haven on Friday would be huge.

And our Deacon tournament is set:
Exhibition Opponents
Duluth
Frankfort
Chicago

Regular Season Opponents
Eugene
Nashville
Dearborn

Got my matchups.

Exhibition:
Flint
Eugene
Cincinatti

Regular:
Akron
Rochester
Carbondale

Get to play against Carbondale Friday too. Carbondale, are you working with a lineup for next year ? I was going to, but I would love to have Sanders play his last game, so I am going to let him play his last game.

Whew, been taking my beatings in the NTT after I lost in the sweet 16. Lost my second game of the season against Nashville, this time by two instead of 3. My last two losses have come by 4 points. His Senior Corey Chase always kills me, i'll be glad to see him gone. Have our final game of the season against Bismarck next.

Schedule for the DeACCon tourney looks like:

Nashville
Dearborn
Rochester

Duluth
Frankfort
Chicago

Last edited:
"How do you take your coffee?"
"Black. Like my men."

Ted Striker: I flew single engine fighters in the Air Force, but this plane has four engines. It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether.
Rumack, Randy: [together] It's an entirely different kind of flying.

Rumack: Captain, how soon can you land?
Captain Oveur: I can't tell.
Rumack: You can tell me. I'm a doctor.
Captain Oveur: No. I mean I'm just not sure.
Rumack: Well, can't you take a guess?
Captain Oveur: Well, not for another two hours.
Rumack: You can't take a guess for another two hours?

Hanging Lady: Nervous?
Ted Striker: Yes.
Hanging Lady: First time?
Ted Striker: No, I've been nervous lots of times.

Get to play against Carbondale Friday too. Carbondale, are you working with a lineup for next year ? I was going to, but I would love to have Sanders play his last game, so I am going to let him play his last game.

My lineup next year is my line up this year unless I'm able to pull in one of my maxes.

Exhibition Opponents
Akron
Flagstaff
Duluth

Regular Season Opponents
Frankfort
Chicago
Boca Raton

Dearborn is anxious to get new players and to see if i can break a tie. here is a breakdown of the potential players that could be lucky enough to be new Deacs!

Ties:
George Alcock r29, 6'7", 2/2 - really hope to land this "tweener" PF. he is a stud defender and rebounder which is exactly what Dearborn is lacking on the team.

Herb Lung r10, 6'8", 5/5 - i have cooled on Lung over the last few weeks as scrimmages show that he is not quite a PF or SF. the fact is that Lung can score and it is a priority in this class.

Allan Hutchinson r14, 6'3", 5/5 - a must get for the Deacs! i have never recruited a player averaging > 30ppg and with a huge need for a scoring SG, i hope Allan sees the minutes that he will be given. instantly would become the starting SG and given the green light every time he touches the ball.

Leads:
Tyron Hall r17, 6'9", 0/0 - Hall is a beast on the defensive end but could be a better rebounder. regardless, he will be a new Deac unless something goes wrong! i have him #3 behind Hutchinson and Alcock (what a class that would be!)

Christian James r15, 6'8", 0/0 - like the kid a lot but and since he is almost identical to Lung i will let the computer give the best of the 2 for my #4 option. he seems to have better hands and athl than Lung but Lung shoots the ball better, which the computer likes and rates higher.

Joey Stewart r4, 6'3", 0/0 - i was really high on Stewart early in the recruiting process but he has not corrected his ast/to ratio, not reflecting what i found in scrimmages. it makes me nervous! i have him tied at #5 option.

Dave Gellhaus r12, 6'3", 0/0 - Gellhaus has a great shot and just doesn't turn the ball over. unfortunately his defense is almost non-existent! i have him #5 option as well...the computer can give me the best player.

i have also put a #5 preference on a few other players, just in case. regardless, i will get 3 players and unless shenanigans i will get Hall, James and one of the guards...not too bad, top 20-40 class.

Looks like I shouldnt have given u Gellhaus since I only have 1 CL. Boo

Looks like I shouldnt have given u Gellhaus since I only have 1 CL. Boo

just get in position. i think that there is a good chance that he will fall to you!

:plos:

Back