• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

warak, can you give more detail about what your scrimmages have told you about Lung? I'm looking at him for either position, maybe even at SG if he can do it. I have him ahead of Vanmeter and my PG/SG maxes.

just get in position. i think that there is a good chance that he will fall to you!

:plos:[/sQUOTE]

Already have haha. I figured u wouldnt need him based on ur previous posts

warak, can you give more detail about what your scrimmages have told you about Lung? I'm looking at him for either position, maybe even at SG if he can do it. I have him ahead of Vanmeter and my PG/SG maxes.

sure, this is what i got in scrimmages:

at PF:
14.1ppg(53%,34%,79%), 6rpg, 1.59/1 ast/to, 0.94bpg and 0.78spg

at SF:
12.4ppg(51%,34%,86%), 4.9rpg, 1.62/1.83 ast/to, 0.52bpg and 0.26spg

at C:
12.1ppg(53%,42%,83%), 6.35rpg, 1.64/0.74 ast/to, 1.27bpg and 0.48spg

it appears that C is best statistically, but he was out-rebounded by > 1.5rpg and the opposing C never shot under 52%. unfortunately, the further down the lineup he goes the higher his turnovers followed. overall, i guess i would put him at PF but his lack of D is going to hurt.

just for measure, i played him against very good competition...he is an OK player but hopefully a 6th man. :noidea:

edited to say that initially Lung played better, when i was getting a feel for players and their ratings. so he played lesser players and shot and rebounded better. defense was always a little bit of an issue but i needed scoring and thought he would be only a 2/2 or 3/3. a 5/5 should be an instant starter and a successful all-around player or a dominant scorer, which i thought he was. top defenders (like my other recruits) seem to shut him down...but top defenders usually do!

Last edited:
just get in position. i think that there is a good chance that he will fall to you!

:plos:[/sQUOTE]

Already have haha. I figured u wouldnt need him based on ur previous posts

haha, i will be surprised if he ends up in Dearborn because i have Stewart the better player but scoring is scoring and everyone can use a bPG that shoots 55%,45%,90% and 3.9/0.7 ast/to ratio against good competition! the problem is his 0.34spg and his inability to stop the opposing player from scoring.

Just a quick random question- When I assign priority points to recruits, players with more points have a higher priority, right? Just want to make sure I don't have it backwards.

Just a quick random question- When I assign priority points to recruits, players with more points have a higher priority, right? Just want to make sure I don't have it backwards.

You have it right. They only matter if you "win" >3 recruits. The PP is your way of indicating which 3 you want to sign. You can set up your PP in tiers as well. If you don't use PP, then the cpu will have you sign what it considers the 3 best players. Sometimes this is best. Youve read recentlyl that some coaches here are letting the cpu pick. PP have no factor in getting a recruit to sign with you.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure.

I did my recruiting (one whole week's worth!) in tiers. I have a "probably won't get them, but holy God it'd be awesome if I did" tier at 9 PP, and then one at 7, one at 5, a few at 1, and the rest at 0. It won't take the 0s over the 9s, if by some chance I get lucky with a 9 PP guy, right?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure.

I did my recruiting (one whole week's worth!) in tiers. I have a "probably won't get them, but holy God it'd be awesome if I did" tier at 9 PP, and then one at 7, one at 5, a few at 1, and the rest at 0. It won't take the 0s over the 9s, if by some chance I get lucky with a 9 PP guy, right?

If you are not the highest RPE on them, or are not within 13, then you have about 0.000003% chance of getting that player. So just because you put Priority points on a guy doesn't really mean anything unless you are actually leading or close to leading for him.

But no it will not take the highest Priority points player if said player wants to go to your school and will work it's way down your PP list.

While most of us are playing fairly meaningless games this evening, tonight's game for Boca has significance for two reasons.

1st and most importantly, this is a chance for us to improve our PR which will help with both our Winning Ties. We're really close to the leaders.

2nd A win tonight would be the most in school history. Last season and season 17 are the most wins in a season (21-3) for Boca Raton. At a minimum, we've tied the season high this season making it 2 years in a row.

Goodbye Seniors

For the most part the +8/-2 class was a huge disappointment. An odd sentiment considering the class went 80-15 (before tonight's game) and a perfect 52-0 in conference play, the first ever to do so in Boca History. Honestly, I believe their success has more to do with the surrounding classes than their own abilities.

The Boca Seniors:

Cody Webb (+4/-1) FFGPEG - Through a combination of competition and lack of success, Cody never amounted to the starting PG we expected when signing him. His attributes appeared to line up with being a solid PG but his play on the court just never seemed to match. That coupled with weaker defense and some pretty stiff competition meant Cody only played (as backup) 2 of his 4 years in Boca. His first season, Cody was backup to Boca's all time Assist leader DB Cannon. Then during his SO season he played backup to Tony Gonzalez who as a 2 year starter, 2 year backup finished 9th on the all time Boca assist list. As a JR, Webb's lack of success and playtime ended up with him not even making road trips as the more talented Joseph Schmidt signed on with Boca and became the bPG. Now as a senior, the FR Conf 13 Poy and FRoY Mo Poisson has taken over the reigns and Cody once again stayed home. Boca's kind of become a hot bed of solid PG play and Cody suffered for it.
48 games 3.8 pts, 1.3 a

Morgan Busch +2 F GFGFF - Busch was recruited in a time where Boca was desperate for height, rebounding and defense. His abilities were not expected to be high but the netter came in and improved defensively over the course of his career and became a solid backup his FR season. As a SO and JR, Busch's lack of talent kept him from going to games but as a SR height is once more an issue for Boca and Busch has been called into bench duty.
50 games 3.6 pts, 3.7 rb, 1.0 a

Stephen Norris +2/-1 GF PGFF - Like Busch, Norris came at a time when Boca was desperate for big men and he got the starting spot at C. His talents were always better than his attributes and the Netter over the course of his career has snuck his way onto the top 10 career rebounding for Boca. (Tied for 10th) Norris is the only senior to actually get playing time all 4 seasons, 3 of which were as starting C. Underrated by scouts, Norris has had a solid career rivaling that of Blaine Mcinturff whom coach Stormfury has been trying to replace since his first season in Boca. Rumors are swirling that Boca has finally landed the elusive talented big man this season and that Norris will be hired on as a big man coach to teach the youngster.
95 games 10.4 pts, 6.8 rb, 1.0 blk

It's an odd feeling being happy to see your most successful (W/L) class leave in favor of a potentially more talented class, but that's where we are currently sitting. This class while extremely successful winning games, epitomizes what a struggle it has been landing big men in Boca Raton and Conference 13.

Last edited:
Okay, one thing I'm still struggling to understand: what are the +/- ratings for each player? How do I see them and what do they mean?

Okay, one thing I'm still struggling to understand: what are the +/- ratings for each player? How do I see them and what do they mean?

It's not as bad as it might seem. Let me use one of my guys from the previous post as an example.

Player ratings range from N (none) P (Poor) F (Fair) G (Good) to E (Excellent)

As an easier way to read and judge a player's ability the community has assigned values to each with F being the center or 0.

N = -2, P= -1, F = 0, G = +1, E = +2

so for example let's break down Cody Webb

F F G P E G
0 0 1 -1 2 1 = 4 + #s and 1 - number or 4/-1

Some people also might just add up the numbers so Cody would be a +3 player. I do this on my personal spreadsheets but it's a little less accurate especially in the case where a PG who doesn't rebound that much has a negative number in rebounding.

Alrighty, that makes sense. What does it mean when I see players have ratings of "Fair+" or "Good-"? Do those + and - signs mean anything?

Alrighty, that makes sense. What does it mean when I see players have ratings of "Fair+" or "Good-"? Do those + and - signs mean anything?

Inside of a rating, most believe there is a range. So to think of it numerically a Good could be anywhere from 60-80 out of 100. A Good- may be in the 60-66 range, a Good woud be a 67-74 and a Goo+ could be a 74-80. Practicing an attribute will slightly increase a guys level in that skill, so you could see a Good+ defender bump to a Exc- by his senior year or late junior year if you practice it enough.

The + and - signs are used in scouting the recruits and are supposed to show you which way a guy swings. Ie. if an F Shooting guy has a - beside him then he is closer to the P scale than he is the G side and inversely a + means he is between F and G.

Keep in mind that scout rating tells you how accurate these #s are though. For instance a P scout could be completely off target in predictions while an E or G are going to be a lot more accurate.

You won't have any +/- by the player names once you sign them, but it could be an indication as to where to train the recruits. For instance, Mo Poisson was a + guy with defense so I spent most of this season training Defense and he got a Bump due to it.

Dearborn Senior Class of S67

Lorenzo Jimenez - 6'6", SG/SF (E,G,G,F,G,F)
Jimenez was a net get because another player got better recruits (Colorado Springs). he got a late bump in defense this season but overall he has been a very nice player. despite the E shooting, Jimenez never really liked to be "the man", to my chagrin. Jimenez was a 4 year starter and finishes his career off with more than 1500 pts.

Colin Knox - 6'5", SG/SF (E,G,F,F,F,F)
Knox was an unbelievable scorer to find in the net but contributed little more. his tunovers kept him on the bench most of his career but he found new life in his SR season when he started at either SG or SF. he lead C15 in scoring (21ppg) despite starting only 2/3 of the games. he was my 6th man of most of the time in Dearborn and finished with over 1200 pts.

Chris Emmons - 6'5", PG (F,F,E,P,F,G)
Emmons was my starting PG for his SO and JR years and performed very well. with the new recruiting class coming in this season he lost his job to my FR stud PG. Emmons became disgruntled and i just couldn't find a position that he didn't hurt the team more than help, so finished his career on NA.

good luck everyone tomorrow!

Frankfort bids farewell to its Seniors. This was a 66/71 (+8/-1) class of netters and a walk-on as I struck out on Blake Paschke (2/2), Steve Simmons (1/1), and Patrick Oates (4/4). Yikes, seeing how I struck out low ties in S63 makes me worried for S67 (bigger ties).

Benoit Carter 6'4 EGGFFF - netter and capable bSG, couldn't handle starting til late Sr year.

Andy ("Stanky") Stankiewicz 6'2 GFFFGP - I only had 16rpe on Andy, so I didn't really recruit him. I consider him a walk-on. Not too happy to see his rating so I benched him as much as I could; however, the cpu kept putting him at bPG at the beginning of each year. Apparently his father is a big donor.

Chuck Marron 6'8 - FFGFFG - netter, and bSF early in his career until I recruited over him.

When does recruiting go through? I ended the season at 13-11 after a bad postseason slide. Same record as last season and dropped to 99 from 96. I've got a 5/5, 1/1 and 2 CLs for recruiting, so hopefully I'll win a tie.

When does recruiting go through? I ended the season at 13-11 after a bad postseason slide. Same record as last season and dropped to 99 from 96. I've got a 5/5, 1/1 and 2 CLs for recruiting, so hopefully I'll win a tie.

Tomorrow around noon.

Back