• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Dearborn is anxious to get new players and to see if i can break a tie. here is a breakdown of the potential players that could be lucky enough to be new Deacs!

Ties:
George Alcock r29, 6'7", 2/2 - really hope to land this "tweener" PF. he is a stud defender and rebounder which is exactly what Dearborn is lacking on the team.

Some players look good coming off the bus. George Alcock looks good coming out of the shower.

Looks like I made a pretty crucial mistake. I offered scholarships to way too many people not realizing there was a limit, and most of those guys, I have no shot at getting. This could be an even uglier class than I thought it'd be.

Sigh...

I should end up with:

Philip Pearson- 6'8" FFFEF
Ace Lawrence- 6'0" FFPFF
... and a walk-on, I guess?

I'm a leader on two guys who are better than either of those recruits. Antonio Brinson's a 5'11" guy who's GFGFF, and Kevin Volz is 6'9" and FGGPF. But, like I said, I accidentally didn't offer scholarships to either.

Ugh :(

Looks like I made a pretty crucial mistake. I offered scholarships to way too many people not realizing there was a limit, and most of those guys, I have no shot at getting. This could be an even uglier class than I thought it'd be.

Sigh...

You'll be alright. You don't necessarily have to have a scholly on a player to land him.

Oh, seriously? How does that work, then? I have the aforementioned Brinson and Volz with 5 PP each... will the computer take them for me?

ANSWER CAREFULLY; THIS MIGHT HAVE JUST MADE MY NIGHT.

RPE governs all. A long time ago, there was a lot of discussion on the sim ball message board that scholarships didn't have any kind of proven effect. The conclusion I came away with at the time was that it's better to be safe than sorry, but I've pulled in betters that I never had a scholly on.

Carbondale moved up 14 spots in the Power Rankings to #36 by going 5-1 in the PTT. We finished off with a win over Odessa, 91-82. His SG really impressed by out-playing Boyd Cason. The difference was in bench play with the Violence bench netting 28 points to Odessa's 6. We end up 16-8, which is our best record in 5 seasons.

We say goodbye to our bSF, bPF, and bC.

Derek Vanover at bSF (and occasionally a starter at SF) was GFFFFF. Averaged 9.6ppg but not much else. He did explode for a couple of 20-point outings in his career which directly led to wins.

Lonnie Gant at bPF (started some at PF early in his career) was GFGGPF. He could score, but he only produced from the bench. Dude did not like starting, but he did play in all 96 games of his career.

Scott Reddington at bC was FFGGFG. He was lucky to have a couple of abject disasters riding pine behind him.

So, we don't have to replace much this recruiting cycle and I'm thinking our worst case scenario will have us at least breaking even.

Seth Weston(1/1)- 6'8" HS C. G Scouted F+E+P+G+G+. Averages 16/8 with 3.5 defense. F+G-F preferences two regions away. I'd love to land him an plug him in at PF immediately.

Jefferey Odom(4/4)- 6'10" HS C. Will come in as a +4 or +5 and an immediate starter for us. His prefs are E-G-G-. That PR move in the last game didn't hurt on the Win pref front and he shouldn't be too scared by our returning "talent" at his size. Obviously a longshot and I'm not expecting to get him, but if we do, I'm going to go about as insane as I did after the last reveal.

Malcolm Goodman(0/0)- 6'8" HS C. Good hands and D and scrimmaged surprisingly well averaging 16.5ppg on 73% shooting. Didn't rebound much at either SF or PF, but if he's at least average there, I should be ok with our zone defense.

Craig Mixon(0/0)- 6'7" HS C. Good hands and D and scrimmaged surprisingly well at SF. Averages less than 10ppg in HS, but looks capable of more. I don't think he'll ever be a starter, but should be a decent backup at a few positions.

Warren Esterle(0/0)- 6'8" HS C. Looks like he can score and rebound a little bit. Could very well end up at bSG down the road.

There's also a bPG type clear in the net that I don't really want any part of.

If I get either one of my maxes, we become a pretty dangerous team because it adds a 3rd scorer, very good defender and rebounder to replace our unproductive front court unit that's there now. Unfortunately, due to repeated recruiting misses two and three seasons ago, we have N/A types having to play a role at backup positions. We don't have a hope of being elite until we get rid of those turds.

Good luck to everyone in recruiting unless I'm up against you!

Last edited:
If I don't get Odom, I hope you do. Karma owes you one (at least). Odom/Cason would be a nice combo in the dale.

Yeah, same here. I know from experience that the hometown discount doesn't exist, but from a win and local standpoint, I've gotta think you're the favorite.

Bad news...Nashville told me that he is done for a while. Just fyi

Sigh...lost all ties.

Class of above average players but all over-rated at 10/10.

Gellhaus +5
James +5
Hall +1, wtf? I have never been this far off on a player...I had him +3 or +4!

Last edited:
Dude, again I have terrible luck at the Reveal. I recruited 3 Forwards, and my ties for them were 0/0, 1/1, and 2/2 and only got the clear lead. REally needed depth there, I guess I need to focus solely on that next time, and get lucky i suppose. Really pumped about Foreman, started recruiting him late, only spent like 50 points on him. Comes in at a +6. good, exc, good, good, good, fair

Walters comes in at +2, nothing special but I needed depth bad.

Perez comes in at +4/-1. Will be a good PG. Really disappointed, Walters comes in less than I thought, though i needed him. Really thought I would get Rainville, dang. I need to have a killer class next year, and really focus on getting two forwards, and a guard/forward

Sigh...lost all ties.

Class of above average players but all over-rated at 10/10.

Gellhaus +5
James +5
Hall +1, wtf? I have never been this far off on a player...I had him +3 or +4!

Me and you in the same boat, Warak

Boca's gone big!

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boca Raton's 2/9 class follows up last years's 4/4 but more importantly finally gives the team not 1 but 2 big men that could start at center.

Brice Truong 6'10 +5 - Our primary need was defense and rebounding and boy did we pull in a monster who can do both. I honestly didn't expect to land him based on winning prefs, but Truong should step in right away at Center and finally give coach Stormfury the center he's been looking for now for 8 seasons. Truong averaged 2.4 blocks, 1.4 steals, 10.5 rebounds a game to go with 16.8 points. I may just have to have Poisson, Atkins and Hutchings toss up the rock from 3 this season and let Truong hammer in the misses down low.

Fred Alves 7'1 +3 - Alves was a great find out of the net and he brings excellent hands and rebounding to the team. He'll fit nicely in at bC behind Truong.

Wilbur Cowan 6'10 +2 - Another netter, Cowan a capable scorer and rebounder who should find some minutes coming off the bench for Boca.

Now with players that can play each position and having an average 4 year Recruiting class ranking of 10, the pressure is on Coach Stormfury. He's got the talent, just needs to figure out the pieces of the puzzle.

Last edited:
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boca Raton's 2/9 class follows up last years's 4/4 but more importantly finally gives the team not 1 but 2 big men that could start at center.

Brice Truong 6'10 +5 - Our primary need was defense and rebounding and boy did we pull in a monster who can do both. I honestly didn't expect to land him based on winning prefs, but Truong should step in right away at Center and finally give coach Stormfury the center he's been looking for now for 8 seasons. Truong averaged 2.4 blocks, 1.4 steals, 10.5 rebounds a game to go with 16.8 points. I may just have to have Poisson, Atkins and Hutchings toss up the rock from 3 this season and let Truong hammer in the misses down low.

Fred Alves 7'1 +3 - Alves was a great find out of the net and he brings excellent hands and rebounding to the team. He'll fit nicely in at bC behind Truong.

Wilbur Cowan 6'10 +2 - Another netter, Cowan a capable scorer and rebounder who should find some minutes coming off the bench for Boca.

Now with players that can play each position and having an average 4 year Recruiting class ranking of 10, the pressure is on Coach Stormfury. He's got the talent, just needs to figure out the pieces of the puzzle.

Nice class storm!

Really makes you see the craziness of rankings based on points given to players. My class is +6, +4/-1, +2 (similar to yours rating wise) and my ranking is 62 haha. hope you put it all together this year, you have a real good team!

Nice class storm!

Really makes you see the craziness of rankings based on points given to players. My class is +6, +4/-1, +2 (similar to yours rating wise) and my ranking is 62 haha. hope you put it all together this year, you have a real good team!

I think that is the hardest thing to grasp as a new player. +/- is only a gauge. Heck my all time leading scorer was a +1 player and he could shoot lights out. My first +6 player was a dud that didn't work out anywhere in the starting lineup and barely made my bench.

Based on scrimmages, I think both Truong and Alves play better than their ratings. I just cannot express how excited I am at landing Truong though. He's absolutely what I needed at Center.

Yea, definitely. Obviously you have a good track record and know what your doing. Just talking about how much of a crapshoot it all is haha.

I absolutely need a big class these next two classes really. Got to start building around Ruis, its not or never for him, so this next class is crucial

Missed on our maxes. That dickwad Odom ended up at Paducah. I hope he sucks more than I think he will. Seth Weston went to Milwaukee. I hope he misses his whole career with a sprained vagina.

Yet, somehow we put a class of netters together that ends up ranked 24/20. Didn't see that coming.

Warren Esterle came in at +5, Goodman is +3/-1, and Mixon enters at +3. Computer puts Esterle as a starter at SF. I'm pleasantly surprised, but skeptical that Esterle is the potential star the rankings make him out to be. Maybe at SG? Wondering if he can share with Cason in the backcourt. Hmm. Actually, I just noticed Esterle's shooting percentages in HS were 59/53/77. Man.

Also, BIGS, Y U NO COME TO CARBONDALE???

Last edited:
Back