• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

This is how you know you are secure in your coaching position: you take the wife out for some R & R (rockin' and rollin') and let an assistant coach the EE game. Frankfort beat Bethlehem 85-67 to advance to the Final Four! The key was holding their two main scorers Harlan Stokes and Ronald Gravely to 10/23 FG's. The game was much closer than the final margin - the Krushers got stuck on 65 in the final five minutes when they really needed to make a run. They finished with three players with 0 points - ouch.

The Carnegie Potters are next. Playing with house money.

Milk,
re Klein: I have given 3 PP to Custis at SG, and do not intend to sign another. I have given fewer PP to PG's I am clear on (class of Custis and two PG's). So I do not plan on signing Klein - hate passing up on that Int (esp if it is an indicator of potential). Custis clearly outplayed him head to head in scrimmages.

Exhibition Opponents
Duluth
Nashville
Boca Raton

Regular Season Opponents
Dearborn
Flagstaff
Akron

Please copy/paste and post your games to double check and give deniability if the games get messed up.

Taken from DS, Deacon coaches in L7 (as of last year). For new coaches looking to get in a conference with a fellow Deac or avoid Deacs altogether:

Region Team ........Name................Coach
2 .....Providence ..Deamons ............oldgldbrd
3 .....Scranton ....Deacsfan27 .........deacsfan27
4 .....Cooperstown .Demon Deacons ......wakeforest
9 .....Sarasota ....Old Gold Deacs .....bojanglefu
12 ....New Orleans .None More Black ....chauncyd
12 ....Biloxi ......GSODeacs16 .........agp1615
12 ....Indianapolis Palmetto Bugs ......pharmdeac
13 ....Boca Raton ..Storm ..............stormfury
15 ....Dearborn ....Warak's Deacs ......warak
16 ....Youngstown ..Squires ............kigerfor3
17 ....Akron .......Rowdies ............kytihu
18 ....Frankfort ...Deacon Blues .......awaken
18 ....Carbondale ..Violence ...........simplex10
18 ....Flint .......Firestarters .......dieseldeac

19 ....Lexington ...Deacfan ............deacfan2
20 ....Chicago .....Golden Deacons .....ntndeacon
20 ....Duluth ......Bullish Deacs ......phdeac
22 ....Colorado ....Springs Dodger Dogs dodgerlax

28 ....Lake Tahoe ..Barack Bombers .....wakeme
29 ....Las Vegas ...Spooks .............naudat
31 ....Eugene ......Travelers ..........turftoe
32 ....Phoenix .....Paladins ...........deacon529
32 ....Flagstaff ...whippersnappers ....pilotdeac

Bringing this forward from pg 3 for DaDeacs. Ditto the others on joining League 7. I would email/PM kmoney, tell him you are a Deacon coach, and ask him to change your team from L3 to L7 so you can play in the same conf as your fellow Deacs. Above, I bolded the Deacon coaches that are the most active and post on this thread. I would check out the bolded conferences, and then request a particular team in a bolded conf from kmoney. I'll let the coaches make their pitches to you to join their conference. Oh, and dodger is a NCSU guy, but good guy nonetheless. ;)

Apologies to those if this list is dated, or if I overlooked someone or their activity in the game.

^ Milk and Cookies, formerly known as kytihu, also known as milk, M&C, oreo, milky milk milk, biscuits and cream, and santas snack.

Sitting in conf 17 trying to recruit local kids between 15-19 can be a REAL treat. Where's that sarcasm emoticon...

Thanks awaken. He'd be about my 6th or 7th option on signing day, but I'm in 4 ties, so it may come to that. I'll get him to 28rpe.

Welcome Da Deacs. Jump into league 7! We'll be glad to help you get started.

Boca's opponents.
Exhibition Opponents
Flagstaff
Dearborn
Frankfort

Regular Season Opponents
Duluth
Nashville
Carbondale

So the reward for our 12 point loss to Sioux Falls.....

Now we have a date with 20-2 Augusta Sting! Sheesh. At least, if Dearborn beat him, I should be able too! Right? :)

xhibition Opponents
Nashville
Duluth
Carbondale

Regular Season Opponents
Flagstaff
Dearborn
Frankfort

Correct schedule for Akron

Thanks for the insight, guys. I emailed and have to pick a team in 7. Down to three teams, anyone want to give advice on which is better?

(1) Madison Huskies - conference 17
PROS:
Power Ranking 100 (highest of any available)
Freshman class is top 100 (68/84)
CONS:
3 top 70 teams in the division

(2) Pensacola Dawgs - conference 12
PROS:
Top 100 freshman class (64/67)
Only 2 Top 100 teams in conference
Power Rankings have gone up each of the past 3 years
CONS:
Poor Sophomore Recruiting class
I hate Pensacola, more a non-sim issue, but still

(3) Cincinnati WestVirginia24 - conference 16
PROS:
Freshman & Sophomore classes were top 100
Only two top 100 teams, both in the other division
All 5 starters are Freshman/Sophomores
CONS:
Power Ranking has not been trending up

Thanks for the insight, guys. I emailed and have to pick a team in 7. Down to three teams, anyone want to give advice on which is better?

PROS:
CONS:

PROS:
CONS:

PROS:
CONS:

I can give you some insight on Madison in Conf 17. That's my conference. I wouldn't worry too much about the makeup of the team right now. But I think understanding who you'll compete against is def worth considering.

The south division is easily the more consistent and tougher of the two divisions. Minneapolis is a perennial top 50 program, they are just have a slight down year. Owensboro is typically top 75, with some flashes of more brilliance. They are both active managers from what I've seen. The other two teams are creampuffs.

On the other side of the conf, I've been largely uncontested for the last few seasons. Branson has an active manager and has been very competitive, but fell off the table this year after a stud C graduated last season. The other two teams are creampuffs.

Overall, conf 17 usually ends up around 12-16 in total conf strength out of all 32. The conf championship goes through my Akron team. 4 total conf losses in the last 4 seasons. So you have about 4 active managers, including two perennial NTT quality teams in me and Minneapolis. Recruiting wise, you'll be competing with 6 other Deacon coaches for local talent, which is a double edged sword (part cooperation, part competition).

If you'd like solid competition (without any world beater teams), but a stiff test each season, conf 17 would be a good choice. If you want to become the big fish of your own pond, conf 17 may not be the place.

PROS:
CONS:

PROS:
CONS:

PROS:
CONS:

I'd go Cincy. Less crowded at the top than Madison, you hate Pensacola (no use fighting that). In Cincy, you get a good Deacon coach in Youngstown as a good natured rival, and room to grow. Please get a new name for Cincy - someone used a logon in the team name section.

Cincinnati ScaredyCats
Cincnnati Fevers (shout out to WKRP Johnny Fever)...

I'd go Cincy. Less crowded at the top than Madison, you hate Pensacola (no use fighting that). In Cincy, you get a good Deacon coach in Youngstown as a good natured rival, and room to grow. Please get a new name for Cincy - someone used a logon in the team name section.

Cincinnati ScaredyCats
Cincnnati Fevers (shout out to WKRP Johnny Fever)...

This is where I am leaning right now - the name is tough. Originally was going to go with the Deacfors, but now that I can choose my location, I may have to make it something cincy related, like Skyline Deacs or Deacon 4 Ways

Well Flagstaff started our likely lineup for next season to good results getting a 85-61 victory over a very good casper team. Seems I may have not had my optimal lineup figured out and it may have cost me my best shot at the title. Looks like next seasons team will be okay without Curry which is good to see. Picking up Montoya would go a long wayan replacing him.

if any of you teams not in the deacon invitational want to sign up against other teams not entered my brother would want to play. he is the coach of odessa. I can talk to him if anyone is interested.

Cincinnati Lights?
Cincinnati Bumppos? (maybe too literary)

Cincinnati...
...WKRDeacs (Obvious play)
...River Deacs
...Deaconnatians (Play on Cincinnatians)

Reading wikipedia about Cincy, it is hq to 9 Fortune 500 companies and 360 of the Fortune 500 operate in Cincy. So you could do a play off Business and Fortune 500s.

If you want to read up on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati

Wow. Frankfort got Butlerized in the first half. Down 26-6 after the 1st quarter, and down 48-18 with 3:00 left in the half....somehow managed to make it "respectable" 50-27 at the half. Clock. Cleaned.

Then the second half started. The deficit was halved by the end of the 3rd quarter, 68-58. By now Uncle Mo was a Deacon Blue. The 4th quarter was mostly trading baskets until the 5:00 min mark (an important time in these sim games, I've found). Score 80-69. Frankfort methodically reduced a 30 pt deficit to 11, but no longer had the leisure of time. Urgency was needed. A three by Kit James cut it to 5 with 2:30 to play. Frankfort gets one more basket to narrow the margin to 3, trade empty possessions, then Bernard Tuttle hit a 3 with :05 left, and Carnegie couldn't get a shot off.

The Potters couldn't believe they squandered a 30 pt lead, and couldn't let it go. The Deacon Blues continued their second half momentum, and won in OT 88-93. Unreal game. I feel like apologizing - it would suck to lose a game with a 30 pt lead.

I've described this game as basketball themed coin flips. Carnegie got +10 heads in the first half, and I got +11 tails in the second and OT.

Both Carnegie PG's got 0 pts (as did their bPF). Sure, their SG got 24, but the guard average was 12 ppg each. That's why I doubt pass-first PG's. The Deacon Blues had an unusually good night shooting three's (7/12), and had the ad on the line 18/24 vs 8/9. Frankfort also valued the ball better (8-18 TO's).

Frankfort gets Philly in the Final. Blake Paschke at SG could do some damage against Fair defending (but Exc Ath and Sr) Kit James. I was in the max tie for Paschke. Winston Labaron is another pass first PG, so that helps tone down their guard scoring overall. We'll have a modest height advantage, but they beat taller teams to get here. Should be a good game.

Akron gets shut down by a third top-15 team in a row.

The most excited I've been in recruiting for a couple seasons. If I win one of two different 3/3 ties, I should have a top 40 class. Continuing to bring in shooters and athletes.

Back