• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Dearborn #120
current - 13
last - 3
2nd - 1

Nashville #115
current - 23
last - 2
2nd - 35

I am going out of town on Friday for the week...let me know if i will need to miss the tournament (i.e. can't get schedule up before Friday). thanks!

Dearborn - 99
Youngstown - 82

hot shooting night got Dearborn past a strong Youngstown team. Jimenez got 22, Dixon got 21 and Knox lead the way off the bench with 24 in 21 minutes. great game coach!

next up is 17-2 Akron Rowdies as i make it through the Deacon NTT bracket!

recruiting is on cruse control as i now have 4 0/0 and my 2 max ties.

I think you have a good chance vs Oakland. They have played a relatively soft schedule (best wins are against PR 30's teams, and I didn't check to see how tested/deserving those teams are). They must have had a pretty good Sr class, bc since then it is Top 50 and Top 100 - which isn't bad, it just doesn't scream juggernaut. Don't out-think yourself on this one, and just play your best lineup. The winner gets the winner of a 12/13 game below them.

Frankfort had a surprisingly easy time with the Columbia chupracabra's, 101-70 (fans were screaming for us to break 100). Rodrigo Lott was POG on 10/13 FG, 6/7 FT, 7 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl, 26 pts. Bernard Tuttle had 19. Charlotte is up next, and they have a 20 ppg C and 16 ppg SF.

Agree with awaken here Stormfury. IDK how good Varga and Hutchinson are on defense (know Hutch is at least G defense) but if you feel Varga can match their SG (gotta like the Fr. vs. Sr, then you have your most talented player, one of the most talented in the league, against his best player, and then you have the PG edge, id say C is a puch so I think you are looking pretty good. If Varga keeps up his play from round 1 I think you have a decent shot at the upset. Oakland doesn't have any impressive wins per say by PR but the manner in which they are housing everyone is pretty impressive. Good luck!

Only my Center Norris isn't G+ defense. Do you guys think I should adjust the Subout to keep my starters in more this week? We've played most of the season with Norm settings for both starters and reserves.

DeACCon Invitational time. If you are playing, post your team # and PR's. And cascade reply to this post to keep the participants together. If there is a team you don't want scheduled (conf team), please add that too.

Frankfort #137
Current Power Ranking: 9
Last Yr Power Ranking: 10
2nd Prior Power Rank: 1

Don't schedule Carbondale #139, bc beating his ass just gets old after a while. :cool:

Dearborn #120
current - 13
last - 3
2nd - 1

Nashville #115
current - 23
last - 2
2nd - 35

Dearborn and Nashville not to play each other.

Hmmm... I don't think the quotes will continue to cascade like on DS. I think the inner quotes get truncated.

Only my Center Norris isn't G+ defense. Do you guys think I should adjust the Subout to keep my starters in more this week? We've played most of the season with Norm settings for both starters and reserves.

I've seen teams try to hide a weak bench with sub pattern that maxes starters minutes. Some players can handle it, others will get injured. So there may be a price to be paid in a subsequent game. Performance may diminish with fatigue as well. I wouldn't get too drastic - maybe a Norm/More at most - since you don't know how they'll react. Same for defenses. I wouldn't go from man to zone (or vice versa), but I'd go from normal to either man or zone, but I really don't like making too many changes in the NTT. That's what the season up to now has been for.

If you have G+ defenders, I'm going to bet Oakland hasn't played a team that good defensively yet and may suffer "an off night." I love playing 3pt shooting teams just for this reason.

I can tell you are nervous about this game, and are anxious to "coach'em up," but remember the adage "dance with the one that brung ya." I'd make a tweak or two, but not too many - and no wholesale changes. You might disrupt your own team chemistry.

Know this thread is mostly league 7 but i've got a league 15 question for some of you guys as well.

Obviously my team in St. Louis isn't the team i'm use to thanks to being spoiled by my Flagstaff team but i'm slowly improving. I'm bringing in VickyD HS All-American in Danny Carmack of region 14 and am in a 1/1 tie for Angel Morris of region 16. Given I'm losing my starting PG and SG how do you guys think I should piece my lineup together next season? Carmack at PG really intrigues me but I'd also be pretty giddy about having a E+ athlete at PG in Morris and then Carmack playing off of him at SG or even SF if I move the EFFFFG SF I have over to the SG spot. What do you guys think? I usually don't have a score first PG but with so many other needs on this team I think it's good to have the ball in my best players hands as he'll come in GGGGGF I believe.

Any info would be great.

Know this thread is mostly league 7 but i've got a league 15 question for some of you guys as well.

Obviously my team in St. Louis isn't the team i'm use to thanks to being spoiled by my Flagstaff team but i'm slowly improving. I'm bringing in VickyD HS All-American in Danny Carmack of region 14 and am in a 1/1 tie for Angel Morris of region 16. Given I'm losing my starting PG and SG how do you guys think I should piece my lineup together next season? Carmack at PG really intrigues me but I'd also be pretty giddy about having a E+ athlete at PG in Morris and then Carmack playing off of him at SG or even SF if I move the EFFFFG SF I have over to the SG spot. What do you guys think? I usually don't have a score first PG but with so many other needs on this team I think it's good to have the ball in my best players hands as he'll come in GGGGGF I believe.

Any info would be great.

I really think it depends on how he scrimmages at PG and SG, coupled with your team having a ball handler that can play at PG. What I would do (assuming this season is pretty much over) is try out a projected PG/SG on your current roster during the last two games and see how they do. If you really don't have anyone else that can handle the ball, you don't have much option. Just like with Boca having few rebounders forced Hutchings at SF. If you have a solid PG then, opt to put Carmack where he does the most scoring based on scrimmages.

I'll be more than happy to run some scrimmages with you during exhibition week.

Any info would be great.

well, after looking at your recruits and your team i think i would play Carmack at PG initially. you have some versatility here but i am concerned about Morris' hands at PG when he has a 1.6/1.1 ast/to ratio at SG in HS. therefore it looks like Morris and Campos play the same position, SG, because of their skill set and height.

having said that, i would be very interested to start a Morris (PG), Campos (SG), and Carmack (SF) lineup...it is probably your best lineup for scoring but i would expect more turnovers than you would like. there would definitely be growing pains for a few seasons!

you have a nice team getting started in St. Louis...good luck and congrats on what looks like a nice recruiting class!

I can tell you are nervous about this game, and are anxious to "coach'em up," but remember the adage "dance with the one that brung ya." I'd make a tweak or two, but not too many - and no wholesale changes. You might disrupt your own team chemistry.

:woot::willynilly:

Dearborn #120
current - 13
last - 3
2nd - 1

Nashville #115
current - 23
last - 2
2nd - 35

Dearborn and Nashville not to play each other.

Hmmm... I don't think the quotes will continue to cascade like on DS. I think the inner quotes get truncated.

Akron #130
current - 15
last - 40
2nd - 20

Frankfort cruised by Charlotte, 89-70, gaining 10 pt advantages in the second and third quarters. Balanced attack for the Deacon Blues, as three starters and two back-ups were in double figures. Enjoyed mild-healthy advantages in each category in the box score. Charlotte was a bit of a paper tiger, but we get a legit Blue Wave team next. I am ghostly afraid of this team in Casper. :eek:hnoes:

I was sad to see Boca lose to Oakland by 10 - "if you only had tweaked your lineup..." :devil: Seriously though, you got "Duked." Oakland took more 3's than you, and got the by a calls 2:1 margin, which led to a 9-24 FTA for them. This was the difference in the game. So they shoot from the outside and still get the calls? Riiiight. :thumbsup:

Boca got 14 more shots, but only two more FG's - this was your opportunity. It appears Duke got their calls on the floor and not on the shot, and paraded to the FT line. I don't think a lineup tweak would have prevented that. I knew you'd force him into a 4/17 night from three. Couldn't stop the zebras, though.

Yeah, disappointed in the outcome but happy with the way the boys played. I didn't tweak the lineup at all as I would have kicked myself for not trying out what's worked all season long.

Considering we were down 12 at the half, we held our own pretty well in the 2nd closing it to 6 at one point.

Kind of surprised at the absurd difference in Free Throws considering that 3 of my starters had 4 fouls, 1 on which has E int and the other two are G int.

At least, we can take solace in the fact that Awaken beat Charlotte keeping us in the hunt for Cochran and our PR is still 30.

Flagstaff advanced to the sweet 16 after a 80-65 win over a very tough Nashville team. Once again Flagstaff lead with what brought us here as our defense was once again very good and our big guys (3-5) supplied 65 points. Doyle Curry was the star of the game with 21 points on 7-12/1-1/6-7 shooting to go along with 5 boards, 3 assist, 2 blocks, and 2 steals.

Really glad to get past Nashville but now I have a very solid Bethlehem team up next. Does anyone remember how Harlan Stokes would be rated? I know he's a stud and he'll be going up against my stud Doyle Curry at the 5 spot and i'm going to need to get the best of that exchage to get the win. That and have my 6'10 SF with EXC defense control his stud SF. I feel like i'm okay here but will really need Curry to have a great effort. Really need the supporting cast and defense to step up once again.

awaken, isn't it great how our bracket seems to have had zero upsets? :rulz:

Akron managed to pull another rabbit out of our hats, barely edging warak's Dearborn 94-91 in OT. Dearborn had a shot at the buzzer in regulation for the win. Undoubtedly, the difference was at the charity stripe - Akron 21/22, Dearborn 7/9. Hate to see a fellow deacon's season end at my expense.

Overall, I'm thrilled to have held up my 4-seed by getting to the S16 for the first time, albeit with consecutive OT wins. Shocked I'm doing it by starting 3 freshman from a 83/70 class.

Next up is 1-seed Pierre Slammers. Playing with house money though.

After two nail biters, Duluth laid the smack down on #3 seed Long Beach 70-56. Best game in awhile. Morin and Evans had 17 and 24. Had 23 points from my bench. Great outing. Shot 30-56 and held them to 21-56. They shot over 50% for the season. I take on undefeated Carnegie in the Sweet 16.

ahhh, we got sent packing by a late 3pt shot by Rowdies that put the game to overtime. the Fr Johns for the Rowdies was unable to be stopped as he put up 31pts and Daniel, who i thought had a better game, had 18pts in the victory.

great game kytihu (milk and cookies, trying to get used to the new name)! it was a very good game that was close the whole time. i thought we would get the game when we pushed the lead to 5 (one of the larger leads of the game) with 3+ minutes left but we couldn't finish...

the time is right, out with the old and in with the new...Knox will get the start on Friday and we will see what he can really do! so far this season he is 10.3ppg (63%,50%,93%) off the bench (getting good minutes).

good bye over-rated bust of a SR class!

hey guys, i put my team in the tournament again (with Nashville) but i am leaving Saturday @4am for the week and will not have access to internet...if there is not enough time to get the schedule together please remove Dearborn and most likely Nashville, as he will most likely not remember to come over to our (FSU guy) board to get the schedule.

just let me know and thanks for putting it together!

hey guys, i put my team in the tournament again (with Nashville) but i am leaving Saturday @4am for the week and will not have access to internet...if there is not enough time to get the schedule together please remove Dearborn and most likely Nashville, as he will most likely not remember to come over to our (FSU guy) board to get the schedule.

just let me know and thanks for putting it together!

I recommend staying in the DeACCon and rely on your opponent's request for scheduling. One-way requests without conflict are honored. So have a nice vacay and don't worry about Dearborn.

Dearborn #120
current - 13
last - 3
2nd - 1

Nashville #115
current - 23
last - 2
2nd - 35

Frankfort #137

Akron #130
current - 15
last - 40
2nd - 20

Flagstaff #256
current - 3
last - 5
2nd - 7

Looks like i'll be getting the increasing win bonus this season :D

Dearborn #120
current - 13
last - 3
2nd - 1

Nashville #115
current - 23
last - 2
2nd - 35

Frankfort #137

Akron #130
current - 15
last - 40
2nd - 20

Flagstaff #256
current - 3
last - 5
2nd - 7

Looks like i'll be getting the increasing win bonus this season :D

Sheesh, I lose 1 game in the NTT and you guys drop me from the DeACCon challenge!

Boca Raton Storm
Team #: 104
Current Power Ranking: 30
Last Yr Power Ranking: 36
2nd Prior Power Rank: 69

Back