• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Oh and Flagstaff couldn't even get a final four out of two first round draft picks from our senior class. Curry was picked 5th, Lawson was picked 29th. Facepalm

There are 8 teams in the DeACCon this year:

Team........... PR LYPR 2YPR AVG
Flagstaff # 256. 3. 5.... 7. 5.0
Dearborn #120.. 13. 3.... 1. 5.7 no 115
Frankfort #137.. 9 10.... 1. 6.7 no 139
Nashville #115. 23. 2 ...35.20.0 no 120
Akron #130 .....15 40 ...20 25.0
Duluth #159.... 12 50... 41 34.3
Boca Raton #104 28 36... 69 44.3
Carbondale #139 95 57... 48 66.7 no 137

And here is the schedule:

Team............ E1. E2. E3. R1. R2. R3
Flagstaff # 256 104 139 115 130 137 120
Dearborn #120.. 139 104 159 137 130 256 no 115
Frankfort #137. 159 115 104 120 256 130 no 139
Akron #130..... 115 159 139 256 120 137
Nashville #115. 130 137 256 139 104 159 no 120
Duluth #159 ....137 130 120 104 139 115
Boca Raton #104 256 120 137 159 115 139
Carbondale #139 120 256 130 115 159 104 no 137

Regulars we're missing this year are Youngstown and Chicago. Odessa played with us last year, and turf's Eugene squad would play periodically. I've dropped posting on the simboard's Deacon thread and DS. Hope everyone has made the transition here. Hate missing these guys...

This year's schedule is two groups of four. In the exhibition games, each plays three teams from the other division, and the regular season games are intra-divisional. I switched Akron and Nashville since they were similar PR's andn Nashville can't play Dearborn. Please double check the schedule for errors.

Man! I am third ranked! :eek:

Know it's late but just wanted to let everyone know that I got my games requested.

Bert Hutchings did everything in his power to get us to 19 wins for the 2nd year in a row. 24 pts and 5 boards as Boca edged Garland 80-79.

However it was Norris's prayer from Half-Court at the end of regulation that gave us the win! What a horrible way for Garland to lose. :eek:

K McCormack misses a free throw 2 0:06 77 79
S Norris grabs the rebound 2 0:03 77 79
S Norris throws up a shot from around half-court 2 0:00 77 79
...And it's good! (18) 2 0:00 80 79

Excited to see who we sign tomorrow.

^ And the guy giving you advice just hung another banner

Congrats awaken! NTT Champs

Thank you. Very excited to be cutting down the nets again (four of six!!). Some things really had to fall our way: avoiding Flagstaff who beat us in the regular season, that crazy 30 pt comeback in the FF, getting Philly instead of Pierre (a balanced team similar to me), Kit James at +3 holding down stud Blake Paschke (prob +7) in the final. If you read the simboards, you'll see this game unfolded as I needed it to.

Thanks to you guys as well. I think playing the DeACCon makes our teams better. Iron sharpens iron.

Good luck to everyone recruiting tomorrow.

0 for 3 on my ties of 1/1, 3/3 and 3/3. Sooooo frustrating.

Edit: In fact, I'm livid. I had a G scouted kid (Tyrone Rugen) drop from E shot to G shot, and G ath to F ath. WTF??

Also, the computer put my best player on the team (Larry Johns 23ppg last season) on the bench as the suggested lineup. Solid.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about you guys losing out on ties. I know the frustration usually hits me, but this year we won the 1 / 1 tie for Leon Cochran over Charlotte.

Boca's new class (26/14)

Leon Cochran 6'7 +4 The computer has him slated for PF for us and I'm tempted to give him a shot there over Goodwin and Busch. I wish he had more than F rebounding though. :(

Albert Mask 6'4 +4 The computer 'recommends' that Albert play SF for us and slide Hutchings to SG. I'd originally intended for Mask to take over at SG where we lost our only starter from last year, but I'll have to explore the lineup the CPU recommends.

Joseph Schmidt 6'3 +3 Interesting that of the 3 clear leads (aside from Mask) the CPU chose Schmidt instead of Harlan Stockman. Schmidt came in at +3 and the CPU recommends him as the bPG.

All in all this class gave us more defensive and athletic team than last years.

Maybe...but I've lost my last 7-8 ties in a row. Its mounting.

I have at least 3 ties per season. I haven't broken one since Season 59 (I'm pretty sure) and that was a 1/1. I haven't broken anything more than a 1/1 for the last dozen seasons at least. My recruiting futility is epic.

Class is +6/-4. Guh.

I have at least 3 ties per season. I haven't broken one since Season 59 (I'm pretty sure) and that was a 1/1. I haven't broken anything more than a 1/1 for the last dozen seasons at least. My recruiting futility is epic.

Class is +6/-4. Guh.

That's really just mind blowing. I can't imagine the degree of frustration you have.

Somehow the DeACCon Scheduling didn't come in correct as I have game 3 regular season against Rockford. If I need to do an 'official' scrimmage with Nashville, let me know.

With the conclusion of Season 65, Boca is now 26 games all times under .500. They were 88 games under .500 when I started playing. With any luck, I'll break that mark in 2 more seasons.

I'll be going all BIGs this cycle as I've replaced this year's senior class with today's signings.

Last edited:
That's really just mind blowing. I can't imagine the degree of frustration you have.

Actually, I've gone beyond frustrated to where I find it fascinating this is possible. It's probably more accurate to say I used to care, now I'm just wondering in what new way will this game be able to screw me. At least this year I got the two guys I had clear- unlike not even getting my clear guys last year.

It's funny, I have a League 3 team where my Jr class is ranked 2/2 and my freshman class is like top 10. If it weren't for that, I'd develop a facial tick.

Well signing day in Flagstaff didn't turn out how we had hoped, losing a 1/1 tie, a 9/9 lottery, and winning a 2/2 tie (maybe). We pulled in a43/46 class of all guards, missing out on stud Ingio Montoya, the 1/1 tie that i really thought we would win. He would have been huge for us. Regardless, here are the new Whippersnappers!

Edwin Clausing (2/2 tie). Well Edwin was quite the disappointment once he got to campus. Originally Scouted with a Fair- at EGEG_G he dropped in every category and came in GFGFGF. Was expecting a drop in one or two categories, but not all. Quite the bomb, and a recruiting/scouting blunder I usually don't make. Giving his rankings I might not have even won this tie.

Emmitt Torres CL Emmitt came in at +3 but looks to be a decent option at SG. While he doesn't have great shooting percentages from his HS career having a solid defender at SG is something I like to have.

Angelo Pedigo (awakens cast off) After seeing that awaken more than likely wasn't going to need Pedigo I got up to 29 points on him and boy and I glad I did. He has great shooting splits from his prep career (59/50/89) and scored at a high clip. Computer want's to start him at PG and given that I need scoring with the loss of Curry, i'm certainly not opposed to it. Looks like a recruit that awaken could be upset at himself for passing on if one of his guys don't pan out as he hopes. Glad he's on campus in Flagstaff.

Our team will be a lot different this season as we will go from having a wealth of big men that we couldn't get enough playing time for, to only having 3 legit big men and i'm going to have to play a SF at bPF just to have some height their. Should have another successful season but don't expect to contend for the NTT title. Going to go after all bigs this season, most of them of the super star variety.

Also, doesn't look my schedule for the invitational is correct, I put my games correctly so I don't really know where the problem in our scheduling keeps coming from. Still have Boca, Carbondale, Akron, and Frankfort on the schedule but somehow Laramie and Cambridge got in there as well.

Also, wanted to give a shout out to my brother over in Odessa, he pulled in a class of 11/3 in his second year of full recruiting, with the gem being 6'11 Earl Ruis, who at 6'11, came in at +7. Great conerstone player for him to pair with a solid guard class last season. I'd be shocked if he isn't in the NTT this season.

Frankfort welcomes a 12/7 class of guards. All scored 20+ppg in HS, bring solid defense, hands and intelligence. All signees were clear leads.

Jodie Bothwell 6'3 +6. Jodie scrimmages the best for me, beating every other PG head-to-head. The kids lives on the FT line, and hits > 90%. He was our #1 PG target.

Elmer Custis 6'4 +4. Elmer was our #1 SG target who will replace an overachieving Kit James. His +4 are in the right places, and his Good ratings may be plusses. Fears that he would have some negative attributes were unfounded.

Jared Eveland 6'4 +6. I let the cpu pick my third PG from a list of clear leads, and this is who it picked over Angelo Pedigo. While not quite the scorer AP is, he still averaged 20 ppg, and has much better hands than AP. I am pleased as I needed hands more than scoring. The cpu put Eveland at PG by default, which has me wondering if JE or JB should be the heir apparent to Isaiah Stockdale. I had JB pegged for that spot, but I'll let them compete for it.

Oh, and Frankfort drew Philly for OOC game 12. Sweet! We're both returning our NTT finals squads with upgrades in this class.

Got a great recruiting class for Odessa, ranked 3rd on hardwood. Got some desperately needed size, two 6'11 guys. Hoping for a big year. Guess I'm going to miss the deac tournament this year, I am late to signing up. Dang, I always use that for great games against teams better than me. Let me know if I can still get in it some how

As requested, I have my top 35 saved in my iPad and will post it when I have the chance. I know I lost both 1/1 ties, but I did get one of the guys awaken suggested putting 17 rpe on. I did miss out on one guy who I was in the clear on, they gave me the 5th nest player on my list instead of the 4th - my class was ranked 97/76 - ok I guess.

Got a great recruiting class for Odessa, ranked 3rd on hardwood. Got some desperately needed size, two 6'11 guys. Hoping for a big year. Guess I'm going to miss the deac tournament this year, I am late to signing up. Dang, I always use that for great games against teams better than me. Let me know if I can still get in it some how

To late to sign up for the tournament but honestly you don't need it as much as some of us do, due to your conference being so stacked with Casper, Fort Worth, and El Paso all being NTT teams from last year, and bringing in top 25 classes this recruting cycle. Bit of an arms race in conference 25 it seems. Plus you have Boca on the schedule for the last OOC game so you will play at least one other deacon coach.

Note: This could get confusing with PilotDeac on here coaching Odessa, coach name tyork, while myself, tau06, is coaching Flagstaff, coach name pilotdeac. Sorry for the confusing but you guys are a smart group and should figure it out :thumbsup:

Frankfort welcomes a 12/7 class of guards. All scored 20+ppg in HS, bring solid defense, hands and intelligence. All signees were clear leads.

Jodie Bothwell 6'3 +6. Jodie scrimmages the best for me, beating every other PG head-to-head. The kids lives on the FT line, and hits > 90%. He was our #1 PG target.

Elmer Custis 6'4 +4. Elmer was our #1 SG target who will replace an overachieving Kit James. His +4 are in the right places, and his Good ratings may be plusses. Fears that he would have some negative attributes were unfounded.

Jared Eveland 6'4 +6. I let the cpu pick my third PG from a list of clear leads, and this is who it picked over Angelo Pedigo. While not quite the scorer AP is, he still averaged 20 ppg, and has much better hands than AP. I am pleased as I needed hands more than scoring. The cpu put Eveland at PG by default, which has me wondering if JE or JB should be the heir apparent to Isaiah Stockdale. I had JB pegged for that spot, but I'll let them compete for it.

Oh, and Frankfort drew Philly for OOC game 12. Sweet! We're both returning our NTT finals squads with upgrades in this class.

Strange fact about your class, both EC and JE had the exact same amount of made buckets in HS as well as Bothwell and AP having the exact same number of made baskets. Interesting that of the 3 guys that were signed by you and the one I scraped up (all obviously recruited by you originally) two would have exactly the same number of makes twice.

Last edited:
First, I apologize for screwing up the Deacon Invitational. I forgot to put in my teams and messed the whole schedule up.

Duluth welcomes in a 22/10 big man class. First time I remember that I won all my ties and got my top 3 priority players. In order of priority:

6-10 Williams Corley GGFEFG - This was a major upset. He was in my net and I didn't realize how good he was until after the reveal. I didn't pay much attention to my recruiting this year and I put pre-reveal extra points on guards not the few bigs in my net. I was down 16 to 20 behind the leader with one other chaser. I made the risky move to max him all the way despite being down 4. I put him top priority and got him either by beating the leader straight up or because the leader got his top 3 choices. Either way, I'm ecstatic about this guy. In HS he averaged 15.9 pts, 8.5 reb, 2.0 blk per game shooting over 50% from the field, even hit 9-23 from deep. I'll try him out at PF, bPF, and bC and maybe SF depending on the rest of my roster.

6-10 Josh Valverde FGGGFF (1/1)
7-1 Lowell Murray FGGFFG (2/2)
Similar ratings, similar stats. Both averaged about 10 and 8 shooting just under 50%. Both should be solid bulk with some defense and rebounding. Nice to have a 7-footer on the squad.

My team is in a weird position. I've got a ton of bigs and mediocre guards. I have a pass first PG on a team that's only +7/-1 Sht, but +9/-1 in Hands with 9 different Good hands guys and +10/-2 Reb with 4 Exc rebounders. Having a pass first PG made sense when I had two Exc shooters who could fill it up. Now I may move Eric Wright (2.0 reb, 3.5 ast) to get more mileage out of his defense and rebounding, knowing that putbacks and the few offensive talents I have will carry this team.

My top 12 - ended up getting bogged down a work and didn't use all my rpe points.

Lee Cousins (region 12) RPE=151, Top=151, W-3=0, W-12=0 (won)
Alfonso Hintz (region 22) RPE=151, Top=151, W-3=1, W-12=1 (lost)
Bernard Lin (region 24) REP=151, Top=151, W-3=1, W-12=1 (lost)
Troy Birkholz (region 5) RPE=108, Top=108, W-3=0, W-12=0 (lost?)
Frederick Fisher (region 7) RPE=100, Top=100, W-3=0, W-12=0 (won)
Hank Horton (region 8) RPE=49, Top=151, W-3=1, w-12=1 (lost)
Christopher Earl (region 9) RPE=18, Top=116, W-3=7, W-12=8 (lost)
Jamal Thomas (region 30) RPE=18, Top=110, W-3=6, W-12=6 (won?)
Steve Muse (region 31) RPE=18, Top=151, W-3=6, W-12=7 (lost)
Carl Oakes (region 1) RPE=18,Top=151, W-3=6, W-12=7 (lost)
Chad Bolduc (region 1) RPE=18, Top=110, W-3=6, W-12=255 (lost)
Joseph Araiza (region 1) RPE=18, Top=151, W-3=10, W-12=255 (lost)

Not sure why they gave me Fisher over Birkholz or how I got Thomas - kinda stinks because I needed shooters (had no one above fair on my team), Thomas is good on defense and rebounding and fisher is just ok overall - Cousins was my best get. Wish I had of won Lin.

Back