• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Yi is a SF. He's a bit short, but athletic enough to pull it off. He is a monster on the boards - even at SF. Not a great offensive player, but far from a liability. Great defense. He's a glue guy who doesn't particularly hurt you on O.

My scrimmage stats on him:
0.459/0.455/0.636, 7.7 rebs, 2.0 ast, 0.18 blk, 1.8 stl, 2.0 TO, 2.4 pf, 13.9 ppg

His prefs are inviting: Fair Local, Good+ Win invites a lot of human coaches and his Exc Scout leaves no doubt re his ability. PG's and bigs tend to accumulate maxes and Yi is a bit small, but those are the only things working for those hoping (in vain) for a small tie. Yi is #9 on my Top 75.

Ph, I predicted 40 of Top 75 last season, and you usually do a better job than me. Any chance of you dusting off your Top 75 for us this year? posrep if you do. ;)

I scrimmaged YI at SG, and this is what he did:
46/39/77 12.5pts, 3rb, 2.6ast, 0.4blk, 1.7stl, 2.3to, 1.9pf

This Yi guy is well documented

Another probably dumb question - is local preference based on where I am or where my team is?

Another probably dumb question - is local preference based on where I am or where my team is?

You are where your team is. Dont quite understand you question. Its local is considered +/- 2 regions from yours.

Re Yi, awaken that was exactly my thinking as well, was expecting at least a 4/4

Question - what is Auto-recruiter? And should I have this turned off?

Auto-Recruiter is a failsafe recruiting function for those who forget to do recruiting. It doesn't recruit well, so you really don't want to have to use it, but it is just a little bit better than nothing. The abandoned teams have the auto-recruiter recruit, and we've observed that it maxes local recruits for you without regard to the quality of recruit or your needs. It will half-max some more to try to build a net. I thought it recruited the entire year, but now we've learned from you that it only recruits week 1 (hence the 500+ RP's you had when you took over late last season). You can turn it off by unchecking it and submitting your game lineup. Auto is triggered by a coach's lack of spending a minimum number of RP's in week 1, and it can foil coaches who are trying a recruiting strategy that requires hoarding RP's (simboard thread re "Angry.. very angry").

General complaint about the game: too many bigs with Good-Exc hands. How realistic is this? Should be exceedingly rare. I am tired of running queries or filters on bigs just to find out half their value is in hands. Flip side of the coin are guards who are Good-Exc rebounders. Again, should be rare. And it is not just this year, but each year.

<Sigh> There, I feel better now. Carry on.

Yi is a SF. He's a bit short, but athletic enough to pull it off. He is a monster on the boards - even at SF. Not a great offensive player, but far from a liability. Great defense. He's a glue guy who doesn't particularly hurt you on O.

My scrimmage stats on him:
0.459/0.455/0.636, 7.7 rebs, 2.0 ast, 0.18 blk, 1.8 stl, 2.0 TO, 2.4 pf, 13.9 ppg

His prefs are inviting: Fair Local, Good+ Win invites a lot of human coaches and his Exc Scout leaves no doubt re his ability. PG's and bigs tend to accumulate maxes and Yi is a bit small, but those are the only things working for those hoping (in vain) for a small tie. Yi is #9 on my Top 75.

Ph, I predicted 40 of Top 75 last season, and you usually do a better job than me. Any chance of you dusting off your Top 75 for us this year? posrep if you do. ;)

Can you email me the last four seasons ending Top 75?

I stopped doing it after I maxed guys who looked safe in my projections, ended up Top 40 or so, then at the reveal only came in at 1/1 or 2/2. I think I have a good handle on who to complete avoid and if I don't I can drop them like I did last season.

General complaint about the game: too many bigs with Good-Exc hands. How realistic is this? Should be exceedingly rare. I am tired of running queries or filters on bigs just to find out half their value is in hands. Flip side of the coin are guards who are Good-Exc rebounders. Again, should be rare. And it is not just this year, but each year.

<Sigh> There, I feel better now. Carry on.

I really wanted to Gripe about that as well. It seems like the routine for Guards vs Forwards is backwards.

I actually started thinking I'd have a big run the show and pass out to the guards who can rebound for themselves.... If only we could coach that way.

WARAK!!!, where are you bud! Hope you got a couple mins to do recruiting this week.

There are two players who finished in the Top 250 in assists last year who were 6-8 or above.

Mark Payne, UC-Davis 6-8 3.6 ast
Greer Wright, Binghamton 6-8 3.5 ast

There's probably a decent number who finished around 2-3 ast, which is reasonable. There are good hands bigs and good hands rebounders. It's a matter of opportunity to do either.

Loving the activity around recruiting this time. Several of my net are being maxed by you all. Good luck. I'm going to have to rummage around for more net guys. I'm actually putting players who don't fit my local prefs in my net.

Yeah, but you did kick my ass on Wednesday.

I still need to figure out what happened in that game. I just hope my players aren't contracting the same disease with Boca that they get when they play Flagstaff.

I still need to figure out what happened in that game. I just hope my players aren't contracting the same disease with Boca that they get when they play Flagstaff.

One difference, is that in our actual game, I put all 5 starters to sub out less. I didn't do that in the scrimmage or any other games this season. Maybe had I done that against Dearborn or Frankfort we would have had that 1 extra bucket we needed...

Thankfully, we managed to overcome a lackluster performance from FR Albert Mask at SG. SR Gilbert Holden will get the start Friday night against 2-0 Rockford.

I think 0-12 from 3pt really hurt. What was your team 3-pt shooting setting? I assume the fact that I play a slow paced zone with +5 def, +4 ath puts a lot of pressure on opponents to launch the 3 ball. And the 3 pt line was a huge difference in the score with us going 3 for 3.

Last year, teams attempted 7.9 3pt shots against us per game, but I have better defenders playing this year in 2 starting positions.

So far including exhibition this season teams are tossing up 10.6 treys.
Flagstaff 6/12 - 19 pt loss
Dearborn 5/14 - 1 pt loss
Frankfort 3/11 - 1 pt loss
Carbondale 2/4 - 12 pt win
Duluth 0/12 - 12 pt win

I've always been curious as to whether or not I should play Normal, Zone or Man to Man. It seems to me that if you had all Exc def/ Exc ath players M2M would be best, but given mine avg Good in both categories Zone feels safer.

If you'd like me to do our game again with the same settings but change it to Man 2 Man/Norm, feel free to toss me a scrimmage or 2.

I like to feel like I just am coaching circles around uou during the game Ph:D

Oh and apparently storm ran at least 64 different scrimmages up through wednesday. :eek: and I thought my 5-6 were going to tire the recruits out.

I like to feel like I just am coaching circles around uou during the game Ph:D

Oh and apparently storm ran at least 64 different scrimmages up through wednesday. :eek: and I thought my 5-6 were going to tire the recruits out.

I felt this cycle was critical. Hutchings is a Sophomore and I want to give him the best chance to win over the next 2 seasons, so I had to be thorough. Atkins was getting tired by the end though. :p

Back