• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Montgomery - 9.8 pts, 7.3 reb, 2.6 blk, 2.0 ast 48%/50% (.9-1.8!)/83%
Montgomery at bC - 17.8 pts, 6.8, 1.4 blk, 1.7 ast 61%/50% (1.7-3.4)/85%

Montgomery is a stud, but as a Exc Scout EEGE_F, he will have a lot of people on him.

What stats did you have for Trent? I put him into my scrimmages for today.

Scrimmaged Yi (per 30): 10.7 pts, 3.3 ast, 3.6 reb 36%/33%/64%
-I was going to give him another shot against a F/G defender. The guy he went up against looks like a big time shooter and didn't fair well either. I'm going to try that guy again and consider making him a high netter.

Naquin's going to be crazy good. Good luck. Wouldn't be shocked if he's a 7/7 or more Top 5.

Thanks Ph. Im recruiting Yi as a stud defensive SG who wont put up <5 ppg. If he could give me 10 with great D id be really happy.

DaDeacs, I recruited Big Monty and hes a stud that I would guess is heavily recrited. If you were to land him hes a program changer immediately. Rule of thumb is big guys who play PG in HS equal stud. Good luck on him.

Played Trent against a guy from Region 27, Velasquez a 6'7" SF (G+FFFG-) - trent put up stud-like numbers, 22 points, 8 boards, 5 assists, 9-11 from the field, 3-3 from 3 point

Note to all new coaches,

After tonight's (first Wednesday of regular season), spend your RP's, and spend them before Friday - recruiting is processed on Friday's. You'll get a new week's worth of RP's afterward, and we'll get our first (and most meaningless Top 75 recruiting list).

Hopefully by now you have come up with a recruiting strategy (how many to max, which recruits will be your net, recruit aggressively/conservatively), evaluated the recruits, and run some in scrimmages. Now is the timei to put your money, uh.. RP, where your mouth is.

Good luck.

Boca broke an 0-5 record against PH's Bullish Deacs. In our previous 5 meetings, Duluth outscored us by 18.2 points a game, so this was a HUGE win for our program. 83-71.

Ernest Morin lead the game with 24.
Boca's leading scorer was Bert Hutchings with 22

Hutchings, Cochran and Goodwin continue to keep us in games with rebounding, but this game came down to the free throw shooting edge. Boca was 26/33 while Duluth was 9/12. Both Adam Cox and Peter Murphy fouled out of the contest.

Thanks for the Match PH and good luck the rest of the season.

Thanks Ph. Im recruiting Yi as a stud defensive SG who wont put up <5 ppg. If he could give me 10 with great D id be really happy.

DaDeacs, I recruited Big Monty and hes a stud that I would guess is heavily recrited. If you were to land him hes a program changer immediately. Rule of thumb is big guys who play PG in HS equal stud. Good luck on him.

Let me just say Atkins is a STUD. He lit up Yi for 23, 18, 18, 16, 16 & 13. Yi did hold him to 4 pts in one of the 7 head to head games.

Montgomery held his own against Nanquin in those same 7 scrimmages:
Gm 1: 10 pts 5 boards - Nanquin 18 pts & 2 rb
Gm 2: 8 & 4 - N: 7 & 8
Gm 3: 12 & 10 - N: 5 & 10
Gm 4: 4 & 4 - N: 8 & 12
Gm 5: 4 & 6 - N: 15 & 8
Gm 6: 8 & 8 - N: 14 & 8
Gm 7: 6 & 7 - N: 17 & 9

Lost by 1 to Nashville. Moral Victory!!!!

Recruits I'm maxing:

Theodore Via (r17)
Darrick Hulett (r14)
Boyd Cason (r4)

We need a little of everything, but scoring is by far the most important.

Thanks for the stats stormfury sounds like atkins is a stud. Yi is exc scouted exc Defense, good ath so as long as hes not guarding Atkins id be okay with Yi haha.

Flagstaff got a much needed win over Akron 81-69. Had four in double figures and played good defense. Thats what our MO is going to have to be this season and its going okay so far. Big matchup with Frankfort up next. Ive had his number recently but dont see that continuing.....

Need to land a tie this season as I really need a stud back in the mix in Flagstaff, just more fun that way :p

Recruits I'm maxing:

Theodore Via (r17)
Darrick Hulett (r14)
Boyd Cason (r4)

Very nice. I was considering both Via and Hulett as maxes at one point. Odessa is going to max Jayson Arnold (25), Sean Torres (31), and Leslie Barclay (2). I needed a guard, forward, and big man. my freshman ruis is a beast, and is the scoring punch I need. Torres fits what i need in a big man, defensive big man with athleticism. This recruiting class is about getting good athletes for me. Hoping Barclay can transition into a forward, he has the skills to, and when put at SF for my scrimmage he scored double digit and had some real nice stats. Arnold is a good athlete, which is what i need on the wing(along with D)

Good luck to whoever maxes Norcross. He is going to be real good, I decided I did not want to try that, because everyone would max him. He scored something like 32 points in my scrimmage i put him in

Also, don't look now but Odessa has a nice start so far at 2-0, beat my team today by around 30 points. Weak competition im sure, but also won all 3 preseason games. Hope this season is the one I make it into the tournament

Very nice. I was considering both Via and Hulett as maxes at one point. Odessa is going to max Jayson Arnold (25), Sean Torres (31), and Leslie Barclay (2). I needed a guard, forward, and big man. my freshman ruis is a beast, and is the scoring punch I need. Torres fits what i need in a big man, defensive big man with athleticism. This recruiting class is about getting good athletes for me. Hoping Barclay can transition into a forward, he has the skills to, and when put at SF for my scrimmage he scored double digit and had some real nice stats. Arnold is a good athlete, which is what i need on the wing(along with D)

Good luck to whoever maxes Norcross. He is going to be real good, I decided I did not want to try that, because everyone would max him. He scored something like 32 points in my scrimmage i put him in

Also, don't look now but Odessa has a nice start so far at 2-0, beat my team today by around 30 points. Weak competition im sure, but also won all 3 preseason games. Hope this season is the one I make it into the tournament

Norcross was the guy who made Yi look like a chump and vice versa. Still need to see how he did. May still max him. I don't think he'll be that maxed. Anything outside the Top 10 is a crapshoot.

Nice work by Boca. Not sure what happened. No defense, fouled like crazy, and shot 0-12 from deep. I got 12 pts from Cox at SF and only 12 pts from the rest of my frontcourt. What's more perplexing is I beat Boca with a test lineup set on 5/5 and only shot 4 threes. I may have to rethink my frontcourt rotation. Fr PF Williams Corley was very impressive in the scrimmages, but has started out 6-21 from the field and was 9-22 in the preseason. He gets it done at the line, though. 17-20 in the preseason and first two games.

By the way, awaken, did you see one of your players got renamed? I guess someone got the hometown reference.

Duluth maxes:
6-5 PG Dan Lash r9 Atlanta
6-3 PG Fritz Curran r16 Pontiac
6-0 PG Aaron Leadbetter r25 Fort Worth
6-9 C Warren Donnelly r20 Duluth

I'm trying to improve my backcourt bench with a flyer on a frontcourt scorer to complement my defense and rebounding in the post.

Last edited:
Thanks for the stats stormfury sounds like atkins is a stud. Yi is exc scouted exc Defense, good ath so as long as hes not guarding Atkins id be okay with Yi haha.

Flagstaff got a much needed win over Akron 81-69. Had four in double figures and played good defense. Thats what our MO is going to have to be this season and its going okay so far. Big matchup with Frankfort up next. Ive had his number recently but dont see that continuing.....

Need to land a tie this season as I really need a stud back in the mix in Flagstaff, just more fun that way :p

FYI:
Jeffrey Yi
PG: 9 games 29.89 mins, 15.33 pts, 61%/47%/76% 3.22 rb, 2.67 a, 3 stl, 3.65 TO (ouch) 2 fouls

SG: 22 games 29.09 mins, 11.14 pts, 44%/37%/77% 3.36 rb, 2.23 a, 1.73 stl, 1.83 to, 1.91 fouls

Recruits I'm maxing:

Theodore Via (r17)
Darrick Hulett (r14)
Boyd Cason (r4)

Sorry DiV, but Akron is coming for Via as well. I can't let a player like that walk out of my backyard without trying. He's the only one I'm 100% sure of right now.

For better or worse, Boca will be Maxing:

Michael Gonzalez R13 - Seems like a player that makes others better but doesn't have huge stats. I just cannot let a potential +6 (or better) with E local F win get away.

Erin Atkins R13 - Tony Salazar who?

Mo Poisson R19 - Weak defensively, but Atkins/Poisson would shore up SG/bSG for 4 seasons.

Rene Naquin R29 - Sorry Pilot. With Gonzalez and Atkins being favorable prefs for me, I wanted to 'take a shot at a big' and it came down to Naquin vs Montgomery for me. If Montgomery had been 1 inch taller I would have gone that route but I just cannot see winning it with more than 2 within his impact. In truth, my track record with ties is heading towards Dearborn's so you have nothing to fear. Good luck regardless.

As I mentioned a few days ago, the bigs is what I wanted this cycle, but just didn't get the luck of the draw prefs wise, so I'm taking a shot at a big time big and shoring up PG/SG/SF this cycle and will have to suffer with what I have next season at C.

Last edited:
Sorry DiV, but Akron is coming for Via as well. I can't let a player like that walk out of my backyard without trying. He's the only one I'm 100% sure of right now.

Allow me to congratulate you now for pulling in Mr. Via. He should be a good one for you...

For better or worse, Boca will be Maxing:

Michael Gonzalez R13 - Seems like a player that makes others better but doesn't have huge stats. I just cannot let a potential +6 (or better) with E local F win get away.

Erin Atkins R13 - Tony Salazar who?

Mo Poisson R19 - Weak defensively, but Atkins/Poisson would shore up SG/bSG for 4 seasons.

Rene Naquin R29 - Sorry Pilot. With Gonzalez and Atkins being favorable prefs for me, I wanted to 'take a shot at a big' and it came down to Naquin vs Montgomery for me. If Montgomery had been 1 inch taller I would have gone that route but I just cannot see winning it with more than 2 within his impact. In truth, my track record with ties is heading towards Dearborn's so you have nothing to fear. Good luck regardless.

As I mentioned a few days ago, the bigs is what I wanted this cycle, but just didn't get the luck of the draw prefs wise, so I'm taking a shot at a big time big and shoring up PG/SG/SF this cycle and will have to suffer with what I have next season at C.

Good luck on Naquin. Truth is i havent won a tie on an impact playeror anyone elsefor that matter in over 3 seasons, with my entire team now exceptfor Gantt being 2/2 or less where I was the favorite. Hope one of us lands him. Helps my going after him when I have a Ecx win and local guy that is 6'10 and EFFEFF at worst inmy region.

Ph, you really think Yi wont be a big tie? Id be thrilled if he came in a 2/2 or so.

Ph, you really think Yi wont be a big tie? Id be thrilled if he came in a 2/2 or so.

Yi is a hard player to judge. I actually considered maxing him myself, but two things pushed me away. I suspect, like PH said, this will be true for others. 1st, in my scrimmages his Turnovers were too high for comfort, especially at the point. I could have brushed that aside and seen him at SG with Atkins at the point but I really didn't want to go head to head with you on 2 players.

His Numbers:
PG: 9 games 29.89 mins, 15.33 pts 61%/47%/76% 3.22 rb, 2.67 a, 3 stl, 3.67 to, 2.00 fouls
SG: 22 games 29.09 mins, 11.14 pts 44%/37%/77% 3.36 rb, 2.23 a, 1.73 stl, 1.82 to, 1.82 fouls
bPG: 9 games 8.67 mins, 3.44 pts, 45%/25%/67% 0.78 rb 0.89 a, 1 stl, 0.33 to, 0.89 fouls

The odd thing was that he's shoots better at PG but his turnovers and fouls go up. Turnovers significantly. Granted my sampling for PG was almost half that of SG but still. There is no question the kid is a pick pocket.

If any other coaches got similar turnover results that I did in scrimmages, they might shy away as well.

Last edited:
Question - what is Auto-recruiter? And should I have this turned off?

I usually turn it off.

Correct me if I am wrong guys, but the Auto Recruiter is used to determine if the CPU needs to recruit for you. So on Fridays, if you have it turned on and don't have any recruiting orders, the CPU will 'decide' where to put your points.

I always found it odd that the check box for this is associated with coaching vs recruiting items.

Thanks storm. I wouldnt expect his TOs to be low even those he has a 8/1 assist/to margin right now. Id never intentionally play a kid that will have Fair hands at point, no matter what his hs #s are. I go with atributes over hs stats when recruiting. Having a scoring PG like AP makes me need a defensive sg. Id say it would have been redundent for you to recruit two SGs this season.

Yi is a SF. He's a bit short, but athletic enough to pull it off. He is a monster on the boards - even at SF. Not a great offensive player, but far from a liability. Great defense. He's a glue guy who doesn't particularly hurt you on O.

My scrimmage stats on him:
0.459/0.455/0.636, 7.7 rebs, 2.0 ast, 0.18 blk, 1.8 stl, 2.0 TO, 2.4 pf, 13.9 ppg

His prefs are inviting: Fair Local, Good+ Win invites a lot of human coaches and his Exc Scout leaves no doubt re his ability. PG's and bigs tend to accumulate maxes and Yi is a bit small, but those are the only things working for those hoping (in vain) for a small tie. Yi is #9 on my Top 75.

Ph, I predicted 40 of Top 75 last season, and you usually do a better job than me. Any chance of you dusting off your Top 75 for us this year? posrep if you do. ;)

Back