• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Yes. And that was the main reason to do scrimmages.

That would make a ton more sense, thanks for the conformation. Agree that it sucks that we can't do HS scrimmages.

You don't need confirmation from me. You beat my ass and you're ranked #1.

Just as surprised as you at the result. When my two guards play that well it's a winning recipe for us. Pretty shocking at how well our rebounding is this season, we are really dominating the glass and that's a good thing for us. Good luck the rest of the season.

Just as surprised as you at the result. When my two guards play that well it's a winning recipe for us. Pretty shocking at how well our rebounding is this season, we are really dominating the glass and that's a good thing for us. Good luck the rest of the season.

It doesn't help that I missed a few seasons of recruiting, which basically means starting from scratch.

Yea that is tough in this league for sure. Just be targeted with your recruiting and you can dig out of it in a few classes but it's not a ton of fun until then.

Lol, stupid game. I can recruit in this league.

So this happened.

Anthony Hebert (#71) 0/0 - A Top 75 Most Recruited player is a clear lead. He's a perplexing recruit. He's extremely productive averaging 20.9 pts, 6.7 reb, 5.2 ast at SF for 11-1 Jackson. But he's Exc Scout GGFF_F. Very good chance he ends up on the roster next year.

Gabriel Bennett (#19) 3/3 - At 6-11, he's the only true big I put any points on. He's also very productive, averaging a double-double along with 5.9 ast and 3.5 blk at C. Worth riding the tie out.

Elijah Boykins 2/2 - He's Exc- Local C10 kid with None Win and Good- Impact prefs. My competition is in C10 and C11. Productive and strong ratings, although Fair Scout.

Drew Turner 1/1 - Good+ Win but going up against a similar team

My net is very thin with only two reachable prospects. I'm going on it on my maxes.

Durham lost 77-70 OT to Clemson, sending their ranking exactly 100 pts worse than their recruit ranking (135 - 35). Talent-wise, Clemson is terrible, ranked 173.

Recruiting wasn't great:
Kaleb Pan 6/6 - he's Exc Win, so I'm a long shot/lottery.
Mike Melnick 3/4
Dennis Scott 0/2 - Poor scouted P+ P- G+ F+ G; 13.8ppg, 5.5rpg, 6.3apg, 1.8spg, .9bpg, 2.3topg. Really need his atts to indicate better defense (like his stats) than scout. If so, he'll be a glue guy. If this is another case where a poor attribute racks up great stats only in HS, I'll be pissed.

I had 4 other unranked recruits at 30+ pts, and they were all maxed. Therefore, I'll be trying to win recruits where everyone is at 15-16 pts.

Haven't really kept up with my team much over the last month. I just realized that three time 1st team All-C20 PF Zaire Billings is having a bad senior year. He's dropped from 13.3 pts on 52% FG to 8.9 pts on 42% FG shooting 2 fewer shots a game.

Durham continues to underperform, losing to #125 Jackson Five. I've pretty much written off this team. I think there is a poisonous player in the sophomore class, but can't really muster the interest to figure this out. Pretty sure it is the player/s and not me since the test league team is playing to expectations, as did Durham prior to the sophomore class. They're ok on paper, but killing me on the court somehow.

Recruiting is not going well. Durham may be legit bad instead of confusingly bad soon.

Kaleb Pan 5/5
Mike Melnick 3/4
Dennis Scott CL
Christopher Sanders 3/3 (-1 RP)
John Garland 1/1. ugh, I am fighting his Local pref.
Charles Jett -11 RP. Keep on him or Garland - which is more important here, RP's or Prefs?

Just ended the opposite of Amen Corner in my schedule. Three games against bottom 50 teams. One blowout and two 5 point wins. Ugly.

Two signs I haven't been paying attention to this. First, I didn't even see that Myrtle won a OT thriller against Durham on Friday. My much-maligned SF hit a game winner with :00 on the clock to win 81-80. Won the 3-6 game to set up a semifinal game against Jackson Five.

Second, I got passed for my CL recruit. Rockford did what I've thought about doing. They hung back at 53 and then maxed him to get to 70. Now I'm playing catchup.

Yeah, Durham had a 5 pt lead down the stretch and MB scored the last 6 points. This team chokes like
images

Coach awaken removed the seats from the locker room and is not letting the team wear any Durham BB apparel. Seriously though, I don't know WTF is wrong with this team, and the worst part is I'm starting to not really care. Pretty discouraging to have a team play 100 points below talent two years in a row. Of course I've tried different lineups and even sent scrimmages to a static opponent. But with talent parity and upsets coded into the game, it is hard to correlate changes to outcomes. I was pretty down on this game in oDTL before going on a run of championships, so....

In happier news, I won a 2/2 tie in the test league to sign my first +10 player ever: FEEEEE. This is a toatl suprise as his stats didn't hint at so many E's over G's. He's 6'8" and played C in HS. I am guessing that would be his most effective position in college as well. Any advice from those who had a similar player?

I tried something new in test league recruiting: maxing and giving a scholarship to some players before the first game. Rumor in oDTL was that first max/scholly got a hidden bonus. Well, my atrocious max tie-breaking record was broken by signing this +10 kid. Who knows if it is true or not, but I am trying again this season. Since my test league team is doing OK (ranking relatively close to talent), I am pretty sure it is not coaching. My only guess is that my sophomore class has some poisonous hidden attributes.

Haven't really kept up with my team much over the last month. I just realized that three time 1st team All-C20 PF Zaire Billings is having a bad senior year. He's dropped from 13.3 pts on 52% FG to 8.9 pts on 42% FG shooting 2 fewer shots a game.

So here's a point for the chemistry argument in lineups. I had moved a two-year starter at SF (Leinbach) to bPF due to underperformance. I moved him back to SF after the post above in which I realized Billings was struggling. In the 8 games after the move, Billings is averaging 14.4 pts on 48% FG.

I made same OOC requests as this year:

all exh games open. feel free to make a request

ooc1 t256
ooc2 t124
ooc3 I accepted a Duluth request

I'm all booked up in a exhibition/preseason tourney so i'm out on the OCC game.

Flagstaff lost a heartbreaker in the Elite Eight of the NTT to Hershey in OT by 1 point. We fouled their best player with about 3 seconds left while up 1. Weird whistle all day if you ask me. The 16 seed has taken group 2 and is headed to the Final Four. Seniors go out with a great final season but I'll be thinking about what could have been with this squad if we could have gotten by and made the Final Four.

So I guess we're done with this game? The last season only took up the last 20 or so posts. Not a single post about yesterday's recruits until now.

So this happened.

Anthony Hebert (#71) 0/0 - A Top 75 Most Recruited player is a clear lead. He's a perplexing recruit. He's extremely productive averaging 20.9 pts, 6.7 reb, 5.2 ast at SF for 11-1 Jackson. But he's Exc Scout GGFF_F. Very good chance he ends up on the roster next year.

Gabriel Bennett (#19) 3/3 - At 6-11, he's the only true big I put any points on. He's also very productive, averaging a double-double along with 5.9 ast and 3.5 blk at C. Worth riding the tie out.

Elijah Boykins 2/2 - He's Exc- Local C10 kid with None Win and Good- Impact prefs. My competition is in C10 and C11. Productive and strong ratings, although Fair Scout.

Drew Turner 1/1 - Good+ Win but going up against a similar team

My net is very thin with only two reachable prospects. I'm going on it on my maxes.

Myrtle Beach welcomes the #29 class comprised of the three maxes I wasn't 0/0 for at the reveal. I didn't put any points on the CL and dropped 4 behind another team for him. I completely forgot to put PPs on them, but I won 3 ties anyway. Great class and I put very little effort into it. I recruited while on vacation without using any real system.

Gabriel Bennett 6-11 FFEPGF - 10.0 pts, 11.1 reb, 3.5 blk, 4.9 ast and those are his ratings. He was a Poor Scout N F+ G+ G- F+. Looks quite serviceable regardless.

Elijah Boykins 6-6 GFGGEG - 24.1 pts, 9.1 reb. Recruited him as an undersized big and I may play him at PF, maybe SF.

Drew Turner 6-7 GFFFFG - 17.9 pts, 8.6 reb. Looks like a complementary player, probably a bPF.

Durham welcomes a 108/124 class of CL's and a walk-on. Signing day used to have the excitement of Christmas.

Dennis Scott FGGFFG 6'7 CL
Dustin Hess FGFNPG 6'1 walk-on
John Garland GFEPGF 6'2 CL

I think we started playing this game in 2008 on the old boards, which makes this a nice 10 year run. My interest has waned. I'm done.

Back