• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Congrats on yet another final awaken, really an incredible run you have been on here. Personally think you have the edge over swooper in the finals as I think their are only 2 maybe 3 teams in the league that can even hope to contend with your front court and with the way James and Stockdale are playing this tourney you are almost impossible to beat. IF James can just keep Paschke in check you should prevail. If it helps you at all in your game plan I scrimmaged him earlier this year and Jessie Franklin is actually a really solid defender. He played PF against Albert Stone and held him to 9-21 shooting and only 4 rebounds, which for a 6'7 guy on a 7'1 guy thats a +3 shoot/rebound is pretty impressive. Don't let Tuttle overlook him.

Akron gets shut down by a third top-15 team in a row.

The most excited I've been in recruiting for a couple seasons. If I win one of two different 3/3 ties, I should have a top 40 class. Continuing to bring in shooters and athletes.

Like Akron, Boca's had 3 of their last 4 games against top 13 teams (8,10,13) and it's hurt us PR wise. We were down to 24 but find ourself sitting at 39 now, 3 worse than last season and no longer have a shot at 20 wins this year.

I'll be curious to see if Cochran chooses Boca or Charlotte. Right now, Charlotte has 1 more win than us this season and we had 2 more wins than him last season and are the home team.

Believe it or not, We actually improved our position Michael Tellier (4) during the NTT as only 2 of the 6 other teams on him have better records than Boca and both only have a 1 game edge. While it's still a long shot, Tellier would be a great win for us if we could nab him.

I'm really hoping we win Cochran otherwise our class might be a step backwards this cycle. :( I've gotta start taking Frankfort castoffs apparently....

Congrats Awaken! Are you bored yet?

Ok, I am officially in League 7. Question about recruiting, my top 5 recruits are

Lee Cousins (region 12) RPE=134, Top=134, W-3=0, W-12=0
Alfonso Hintz (region 22) RPE=134, Top=151, W-3=1, W-12=1
Bernard Lin (region 24) REP=134, Top=134, W-3=1, W-12=1
Troy Birkholz (region 5) RPE=91, Top=91, W-3=0, W-12=0
Frederick Fisher (region 7) RPE=90, Top=90, W-3=0, W-12=0

I get the RPE thing, those are the points I put in, assuming top is the most amount of RPEs that any team has on the guy - what does the W- stuff mean? And how do you know if you are leading?

Last edited:
Ok, I am officially in League 7. Question about recruiting, my top 5 recruits are

I get the RPE thing, those are the points I put in, assuming top is the most amount of RPEs that any team has on the guy - what does the W- stuff mean? And how do you know if you are leading?

Also, none of these dudes has an outstanding scholarship - does one have to offered for them to choose me? AND, can you offer a scholarship and put 17 RPE points in the same recruiting round? Sorry for all the questions, I am very bad about reading instructions...

OK... I guess I'll try getting back into this one also... I'm not going to go back through the whole thread to see where everyone is at, but should I request a particular league? Also, what is your username, awaken? So I can mark the referral...

DaDeacs, u can offer 17 RPEs and a scholly this week. You need to offer a scholarship to each player you are interested in. the W-3 & W-12 mean how close people are to you. So on the first guy you posted you are the leader by at least 13 and if you want to offer those guys they are yours for the takibg 99.9% of the time. Lin is what we call a 1/1 tie so you are around 50/50 on signing him depending on how you match his prefs. Looks like a decent first class with Lin.

RedWing, we are all in league 7 and the new season gets under way monday with our finall game of the season tomorrow. Request any team in there and it'll be a lot of fun. Im on my phone now otherwise id post a lot more info.

Last edited:

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showpost.php?p=107404&postcount=48

the part under the posted Top 35 image snippet.

OK... I guess I'll try getting back into this one also... I'm not going to go back through the whole thread to see where everyone is at, but should I request a particular league? Also, what is your username, awaken? So I can mark the referral...

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showpost.php?p=138839&postcount=165

I'd browse the conferences in bold as they have the active Deacon coaches in them (assuming you want to have Deacon rival).
When you find a team you like, put a 7- in front of the name as in here

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showpost.php?p=96527&postcount=5

... and I am awaken in the game as well for referral (not that important as the referral program is gone.... but who knows?)

General note to lurkers and new coaches,

Now is a great time to join the game - League 7.

There are easy to follow instructions, with visuals, at the beginning of this thread - look for the large size 5 type that I used above. So just skim and read when you hit a post by me with the large header.

Not many open teams in there right now... I put in for Detroit in Conference 17.

Copy/Paste for Detroit Lorillas in Conf 17, although they are in the opposite division as Madison.

I can give you some insight on Madison in Conf 17. That's my conference. I wouldn't worry too much about the makeup of the team right now. But I think understanding who you'll compete against is def worth considering.

The south division is easily the more consistent and tougher of the two divisions. Minneapolis is a perennial top 50 program, they are just have a slight down year. Owensboro is typically top 75, with some flashes of more brilliance. They are both active managers from what I've seen. The other two teams are creampuffs.

On the other side of the conf, I've been largely uncontested for the last few seasons. Branson has an active manager and has been very competitive, but fell off the table this year after a stud C graduated last season. The other two teams are creampuffs.

Overall, conf 17 usually ends up around 12-16 in total conf strength out of all 32. The conf championship goes through my Akron team. 4 total conf losses in the last 4 seasons. So you have about 4 active managers, including two perennial NTT quality teams in me and Minneapolis. Recruiting wise, you'll be competing with 6 other Deacon coaches for local talent, which is a double edged sword (part cooperation, part competition).

If you'd like solid competition (without any world beater teams), but a stiff test each season, conf 17 would be a good choice. If you want to become the big fish of your own pond, conf 17 may not be the place.

Yeah, it's too late, but I'm just imagining what I'd do with 544 RPE. That's enough to max 32 players.

You can only give 17 points to a player each week. Definitely give 17 each to the players that have 134 points. Unless you really like them, don't put any priority points on them. You could end up getting walk-ons that are better.

What happens if you go over your allotted RPE points in one session? Will it only process up to the amount I have? Or will it not do anything since I am over?

Also, since I took over this team, it says I have 544 banked RPE points, but assuming it is too late in the game to really start recruiting now....

I've never gone over, so I can't say for sure; but the system seems to be a top-down transaction system, so I guess once you use up your points nothing below counts.??? Just a guess.

Since you have 544 points, I'd go back to my Priority Points post (pg 6, #105) and put 17 on everyone but Custis and Bothwell. I am clear on seven guards, and can only sign three. Some other Deacons coaches are "getting under me" on Klein and Pedigo, so I expect they'll have more points than you could put down anyway.... but maybe they won't need to sign them either, and if not, they could fall to you.

Spending RP's this late in the game will probably have little effect, but it is better than losing them (they won't carry over to next season). Who knows - we may learn something about the game in this near futile exercise?

DaDeacs,

If you need it, here is a list of recruits to put 17 RP's on.

Name Region
Derick Goodman 24
Matthew Grimes 23
Steve Muse 31
Jamal Thomas 30
Christopher Earl 9
Gilberto Gomez 5
Chad Gale 19
Gerard Cantrell 9
Samuel Mathews 26
Jerry Watchman 9
Dominique Robards 29
Melvin Lindley 9
Thomas Krumm 30
Skylar Foster 25
Jesus Sapp 26 N
Timothy Scholz 13
Blake Torpey 31
Stacy Howerton 25
Otto Davidson 10
Cal Nevitt 22
Darrell Lamkin 26
Craig Crowe 3

If you use the list, pls share your Top 35 so we can see how they turned out.

DaDeacs,

If you need it, here is a list of recruits to put 17 RP's on.

Name Region
Derick Goodman 24
Matthew Grimes 23
Steve Muse 31
Jamal Thomas 30
Christopher Earl 9
Gilberto Gomez 5
Chad Gale 19
Gerard Cantrell 9
Samuel Mathews 26
Jerry Watchman 9
Dominique Robards 29
Melvin Lindley 9
Thomas Krumm 30
Skylar Foster 25
Jesus Sapp 26 N
Timothy Scholz 13
Blake Torpey 31
Stacy Howerton 25
Otto Davidson 10
Cal Nevitt 22
Darrell Lamkin 26
Craig Crowe 3

If you use the list, pls share your Top 35 so we can see how they turned out.

Definitely going to throw some down on some of the guys, cause I heard if you don't use it, you lose it.

Will post top 35 after next round.

Recruits process sometime on saturday morning so if you are going to post the top 35 you will need to do it sometime tonight after the games process or early tomorrow before recruits go through because the top 35 list will reset with the new season.

Recruits process sometime on saturday morning so if you are going to post the top 35 you will need to do it sometime tonight after the games process or early tomorrow before recruits go through because the top 35 list will reset with the new season.

Ah, yeah right now my top 35 is the 5 dudes I listed above and 30 guys who have N / A next to them - all the other guys I have thrown 17 RPE's on aren't showing yet. I will try to get it in between the two.

Spend now. Recruiting processes with Friday night's games, so your updated Top 35 will be showing tonight. Share your Top 35 tonight. Spending after Friday's games is too late. Saturday around noon, the season will rollover and new recruits will sign, and your Top 35 will be reset.

btw, the default Top 35 are just players from region 1, so don't read anything into the default. When I was a noob, I read too much into it.

^ And the guy giving you advice just hung another banner

Congrats awaken! NTT Champs

Crazy stretch awaken has been on here, at least I can claim to have beaten the champ early in the season. Congrats awaken on another title!

Back