• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Cincy picks up its 13th win last night, making it a lock to have our first winning season. After 11-13 and 9-15 seasons to start the new league, this was a nice change - it was definitely buoyed by a middling-to-easy schedule, as we went 2-7 against the top 100 and 6-0 against teams in the 200s.

Hat flip saturday is going to decide how we will look for next year, really need to win at least 1 of my max ties.

Congrats on the winning season! Amarillo needs to win out to get to .500 on the season. This would equal last season's effort and isn't the step up that I was expecting. I have 3 winnable ties and 2 CL for Saturday. Fingers crossed I get an awaken sized bump on one of them ;)

Fans in Flagstaff have to be wondering a bit if coach tau knows what he's doing or not. After bowing out in the second round of the NTT I moved my seniors out of the starting lineup and the team has responded with 2 wins in a row over Frankfort and New York City. The revelation has been backup C Alexander Mitchell, who was inserted at PF and has responded by 46 points on 17-25 shooting in two big wins for the team. I'm slowly remembering strategy from old DTL and one that this has shown me is still at least somewhat applicable is the "rule of 3" of always having 3 guys on the floor who can score. Mitchell is only a +1 but it sure seems like that isn't a problem as he's shown out against the best competition we have played this season. I've also inserted my 3rd freshman guard at PG and he's played well in the two wins. Nice bit of optimism heading into next season after this little run in the NTT. Have moved my ranking up about 30 spots in the process as well which should help recruiting. Still need to win one of my small ties on a big but looks like next season could be shaping up nicely.

Up 17 in the first half, lose by 4 - pretty standard the way my season has gone.

I've benched my senior starter and starting 3 sophomores, 1 freshman and 1 junior to see how my rotation will work next year if I swing and miss on all maxes (likely...)

Up 13 at the half, lose by 4 tonight - it's a trend. Up 1 with the ball with 1 minute to go too. Ugh.

Last year's #2 team, Norman Sooners won the NTT Championship. They had the #1 sophomore class.

Durham went 2-4 in the PTT, winning first two and losing four straight. Fanbase pretty down about knowing that once we lose one game that more will follow. Finished 10-14, ranked #112. Losing 11/18 senior class, so no room to really improve, just hope to tread water or not fall too much. My So and Jr classes are in the low 200's, so opportunity there.

Durham Recruiting
Brandon Thomas 3/3 est attributes GGGGpg
Dallas Green 5/5 est attributes gFgGgG, but with stats of 19.7ppg 9.1rpg 1.5apg 0.9spg 2.0bpg 0.7topg expecting actual > projection
Terrell Mixon is back to CL, est attributes gGgFFF with stats of 22.2ppg 4.9rpg 3.1apg 1.3spg 0.8bpg 1.1 topg
Alexis Nunez -10 RPE from leader who is recruiting against Good- Local Pref. Projects to servicable gGFFGG
Zachary Compton 1/1, projects to GGGGPF

Best case is obv Mixon and break two ties. Likely is Mixon, a 1/1, and a walk-on. Slightly less likely is Mixon and two 1/1's. Worst case is Mixon and two walk-ons, which is more likely than I care to admit - miss on two pipe dream maxes, lose two coin flips.

Norman showing that one good class, one good scorer is worth A LOT. Norman's classes:
Recruiting
Yr.....SH..HW
Fr....106..53
So......1...1
Jr....113..99
Se.....61..43

Sophomore Cade Robison leads the team with 22.4 ppg.
Senior Kordell Bacon and Sophomore Logan Jones complement with 18 and 16 ppg each. He's got a no-shoot PG with high assists.
Strong defensive team with 41.6/32.3/74.4 splits. He also gets to the line a lot.

Farewell Sr class 11/18

Fransciso Foxworthy.EEGPFG bump in reb, int
Marcus Glander......GGGNEG no bumps
Nicholas Johnson....GFEGEP bump in sht, hnd, int

Foxworthy is that guy with Exc attributes that gets you all excited, then disappoints you. Maybe it was bc I was playing him at SG, when you was really a PG (+6ppg).
Glander came out strong in his So year with 17 ppg, but regressed to 14 and 13 ppg his Jr and Sr years. Always a SF, this is not on the coach.
Johnson was NA, but then we had to use him as classes got weaker. His Jr year exceeded his Sr year probably bc he split time at bPF and bC (preferred).

Losing top two scorers... gulp. :willynilly:

Whelp, I got passed on both my CLs late in the season - only good news is that both teams that passed me are both going against Exc local pref, so i think I should be ok.

I have one backup netter that should come in at GGPFGF or something as worst case scenario where I'm looking at 2 walk-ons (in Cincy, we also call this most likely scenario).

I'm graduating a +11/-3 class that includes one usable starter, a backup that had a ton of liabilities and an NA spot - so not that tough to replace to stay roughly the same as this year, but really need to win a max the to take another step forward.

St. Louis is losing a 232/239 senior class.
Fr 88/70
So 80/71
Jr 189/207
Sr 232/239

On the recruiting front.
We are in the running for the following folks...
John Lavery 4/4 6-9 C. Currently GGPEF fair scout
Jordan Phelps 6-9 2/2 . Currently FEEFF fair scout
Mick Scott 6-1 1/1 . Currently FEEGF good scout
Anthony Kitzmiller 6-8. 0/0 Currently FGFGF poor scout
Micah Wiggins 6-8 0/0 Currently FFGFF. Good scout
Ty Furr. 6-8 0/0 Currently FGFFF. Good scout

I got three walk ons. Really going to have to convince myself to keep playing, I may be done.

I got three walk ons. Really going to have to convince myself to keep playing, I may be done.

I missed on 2 1/1 ties and a 2/2 tie to land 3 average bigs. I may be done as well until League 7 comes back. League 15 was like this where it was impossible to even replenish your average players. It's just not fun for 75% of the community and such a crap shoot...

Cucci 7'0 FFFGEF
Fluegel 6'11 FGPEFP
Swain 6'8 PFFEFE

This team won't be able to score for the 3rd season in a row... Right now leaning towards taking a break and waiting for League 7 or something else to change.

Durham welcomes a 112/95 class of guards.

Terrell Mixon...GGGFEF CL
Zachary Compton.GFGGFF 1/1 tie
Aaron Gamble....GFFGEG walk-on. He's 5-11, only but a +5 walk-on is not bad.

Yeah, kmoney made a mistake filling a league in a zero sum game. Needs to be about 1/3 computer teams to absorb a large number of losses. In the end, that is what it will be (30-40% cpu coaches)....for those that stick around. But kmoney will lose customers in the process.

What is League 34 about? Is it as full, cutthroat as League 31? The test league has about 50 teams, easy to recruit, very top-heavy though. Plays 3 games daily which makes L31 slow in comparison. Their season turns over on Monday.

Congrats to Ph in Myrtle Beach on his recruiting class.

Yeah, kmoney made a mistake filling a league in a zero sum game. Needs to be about 1/3 computer teams to absorb a large number of losses. In the end, that is what it will be (30-40% cpu coaches)....for those that stick around. But kmoney will lose customers in the process.

What is League 34 about? Is it as full, cutthroat as League 31? The test league has about 50 teams, easy to recruit, very top-heavy though. Plays 3 games daily which makes L31 slow in comparison. Their season turns over on Monday.

Congrats to Ph in Myrtle Beach on his recruiting class.

Uhh thanks?

26/26 class. Both CL maxes and a CL net. No surprises. I filled my PG needs and got a wing. But they don't really look that good.

Brody Nicholson - PG 6-4/215 FGGGFG - Starting PG for the 21-6 Aspen squad (22-5 the season before). Very disappointed in his ratings. He was a Poor Scout G- E- E+ G- __ G+. He dropped in the three main categories despite good stats. Percentages are ok, but I didn't recruit him to score. I need his 5.2/1.9 ast/to ratio to show up. He'll start from Day 1.

Ryan Leinbach - PF 6-7/226 FFGFEG - Not sure what to think about him. Very possible he's one of those nothing recruits that seem to populate this game. 6-7 to 6-9 with stats that would signal a good, versatile player in real life (11.6 pts, 8.5 reb, 4.1 ast, 1.4 blk, 1.0 to) but is useless in the game. But none of these players are good enough to prop up a #26 class. He'll probably play SF and I'll move last year's stud frosh Zaire Billings to PF.

Dylan Bridgers - SG 6-2/204 FEGFFF - Another Poor Scout who dropped some (G E+ G G- G+), but he kept his most important ratings. He was a confusing player. He only averaged 2.8 ast at SG, albeit with no senior PG. Was about to clear him in my net a 3 weeks after the reveal.

So the good news is I filled three huge holes in my roster (PG, bPG, SF) and I can play my best player at his natural PF position. Also it's a #26 class after a 9 win season.

The bad news. It's a +11 class with no obvious star. I have a risk adverse recruiting strategy that works, but it's not going to elevate my roster unless I win some ties or identify sleepers.

My walk ons are a 6'6 guy that is FGGGPF, s 6'1 guy at GFGPFF, and a 6'8 guy at FGFFFF. +6/-2.

One of the guys I was 2nd on and was likely a +4 went to someone else in my division who wasn't within 12 points. My other CL I got passed late by a guy against excellent local prefs and i lost him too. To go along with missing out on all ties - i am now 0 for 6 in ties in the new system. I just don't get it.

San Antonio Horror broke our recruit drought , by actually winning a small tie and getting two CLs. I know it is a small victory, but after two classes that amassed 4 walk-ons and 2 last resort players (+2 and 0(6'11)). I went back to a familiar strategy...tweeners. it won us a 36/70 class!

San Antonio hit the 6'6-6'8 range hard and brought in three 6'7 player that can play SG-C. Most likely all will start as my team is so bad./

Peter Wilson - played C in HS, but moves to SF. 13ppg (solid % across the board), 9+rpg, 3.2D and 2/1 ast/to = +5. He will start at SG, i think.

Chase Thomas - played PF in HS. 14ppg (3pt is meh), 9rpg, 2.2D and 3.6/1 ast/to = +4/-1. He will most likely start at SF.

William Young - played C in HS. 14.8ppg (solid % across the board), 8.6 rpg, 1.9D and 2/1 ast/to = +3/-1. his ratings dropped a lot, E shot (G) and E ath (F), so i am not sure where to play him. maybe SG, which would move Wilson to PF.

regardless, i finally feel like i have my first class in this league. salvaged my interest just enough to attempt to bring in another class...good luck to me!

My walk ons are a 6'6 guy that is FGGGPF, s 6'1 guy at GFGPFF, and a 6'8 guy at FGFFFF. +6/-2.

One of the guys I was 2nd on and was likely a +4 went to someone else in my division who wasn't within 12 points. My other CL I got passed late by a guy against excellent local prefs and i lost him too. To go along with missing out on all ties - i am now 0 for 6 in ties in the new system. I just don't get it.

The +4 guy going elsewhere just is wrong, that stinks. As for the CL's, with the way this league is I think you have to continue to almost max a CL until the end. Stinks to waste points but you have to bring in some dudes.

Fans in Flagstaff have to be wondering a bit if coach tau knows what he's doing or not. After bowing out in the second round of the NTT I moved my seniors out of the starting lineup and the team has responded with 2 wins in a row over Frankfort and New York City. The revelation has been backup C Alexander Mitchell, who was inserted at PF and has responded by 46 points on 17-25 shooting in two big wins for the team. I'm slowly remembering strategy from old DTL and one that this has shown me is still at least somewhat applicable is the "rule of 3" of always having 3 guys on the floor who can score. Mitchell is only a +1 but it sure seems like that isn't a problem as he's shown out against the best competition we have played this season. I've also inserted my 3rd freshman guard at PG and he's played well in the two wins. Nice bit of optimism heading into next season after this little run in the NTT. Have moved my ranking up about 30 spots in the process as well which should help recruiting. Still need to win one of my small ties on a big but looks like next season could be shaping up nicely.

Tough reveal here in Flagstaff as all 3 of our ties on big men spurned us and went elsewhere. One of the small ties I was going slightly against a local pref (recruiting a Fair + local guy who wasn't local for me) but I really thought i'd land my 1/1 tie. Oh well. Seeing Exc- local recruit Sergio Brown go out of his local pod was a big buzzkill. went to conference 28 after being a pod 29-32 guy and that class was top 10. Stings. Bring in a class ranked 146/131 of 2 net CL's and a walk on. None are awful so shouldn't sink me as a squad. We will be incredibly thin in the post this season, and are faced with either playing a 6'4 or 6'5 guy at bPF and bC or playing both of my 6'8 guys at the two C spots and playing small ball. Going to start with a fast pace offense and play both bigs in the starting lineup with a mighty mouse bench unit so lets see how that goes.... Below are the newest WhipperSnappers

Ethan Jackson - 6'5 - +4 - Ethan came in better than expected with his shot holding and defense improving. Looks like a great bSF or bSG prospect except for the height problems we have in Flagstaff. Will give him some PT early to test him out, but i'd bet he will be the bC or PF for most of the season. USeful player and a local kid so glad to have him.

Leonardo Antoine - 6'3 - +5/-3 - brought in Leonardo to be a bPG or bSF with his defense and passing but man is he dumb. No idea how he even made it into school honestly. His INT will be something I have to plan around, interested to see how he performs.

Adan White - 6'1 - +2 - Adan was my one walkon this cycle after my misses on bigs and given what he brings to the table i'm plesantly surprised. Would be fine with him getting PT off the bench if needed, looks like a bPG.

Overall, not an awful class at all considering i struck out on all of my initial recruits and I found my two CL's several weeks into the season. Bringing in some extra scoring, ball handling and some solid free throw shooters for once if the HS stats are any indication. That will be nice to have moving forward. Luckily for me, conference 32 seems to be one of the weaker in the league with no one bringing in any recruit of note. Hopefully will be able to parlay my last class into conference wise domination the next few years to get the talent level back up. Will be a challenge for sure. Think this last recruiting cycle may have sucked the wind out of some of the guys sails and you will see a lot more inactive coaches moving forward.

I put some scrimmages up with my probable starting lineup.

Actually, they're all taken. I put them up not too long ago.

Surprising Win for Amarillo over Flagstaff. We overcame our +7 PG only playing 15 minutes by having 5 players score in double figures, including +3/-2 Dylan Fluegal. The freshman getting the start at Center. The +10/-3 FR class combined for 20 Rebounds, filling a much needed hole. This season will be all about finding scoring.

Amarillo Nightmare 75
Flagstaff WhipperSnappers 72

Good Game Tau, good luck this season.

Back