• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Legend of The World's Most Dangerous Amusement Park (ACTION PARK--New Jersey)

Action Park would be a good name for a whorehouse.

I went there a couple of times in the late 70's - early 80's. it was pretty absurd. I never saw the looping water tube and wouldn't go near the alpine ride. The bumper cars were crazy fun as was the tank ride (shoot tennis balls at each other and wait for one of the bratty workers to venture into the arena.)

The only water ride I remember doing was the tidal wave.

I went there a couple of times in the late 70's - early 80's. it was pretty absurd. I never saw the looping water tube and wouldn't go near the alpine ride. The bumper cars were crazy fun as was the tank ride (shoot tennis balls at each other and wait for one of the bratty workers to venture into the arena.)

The only water ride I remember doing was the tidal wave.

I think that water slide loop thing only lasted a couple of weeks

Alice in Chains filmed a Headbanger's Ball there in 91 or 92 a s someone died during filming I believe. Or I could be drunk and making this up.

I watched someone carrying their baby take a awful spill on a wet rock there. The kid hit the ground hard. My dad quickly took me away from the scene

I went there once as an end-of-year middle school celebration. Two friends got injured on the alpine slide. Two others wound up in the park "jail" for spitting off the chairlifts onto people. Had no idea until I watched the video that both were common occurrences.

I liked the part in the 2nd video where the owner started his own insurance company in the Cayman Islands to insure the park.

I went there on a school trip... late 80s/early 90s. Even though I was like 12 years old, I could tell the place was really sketchy.

Yeah that place was nuts. I remember being 11 or 12 and going and at that age it is somewhat tough to get injured but I remember having brusies all over me afterwards. I don't know how someone in their 20s or so would handle it, I think I would have broken several bones if I went later in life. It was fun as hell for a kid though.

BTTT for this article

http://mentalfloss.com/article/536412/action-park-water-park-oral-history

"The first season I was there, we used to do rotations with a staff of six. And I started seeing wristbands in addition to the regular admission wristband, a pink wristband with “CFS” written on it. I go to the top of two big cliff jumps and talk to one of the lifeguards who is letting people jump off, and say, “Hey, man, what’s with the pink CFS wristband?” He told me it meant, “Can’t F***ing Swim.” They jump 30 feet in, sink, get dragged from bottom, and tagged so they didn’t jump in again."

About the Cannonball Loop - "they sent employees down it. The first one smacked his face and his teeth got knocked out. The second person came out all cut up. When they went in, the first guy’s teeth had gotten stuck inside and cut the second guy."

Back